Does My Appearance Resemble Pisces or Aries Ascendant?

Does my appearance resemble a late Pisces Ascendant or an early Aries Ascendant?

• Late Pisces Ascendant

Votes: 46 51.7%
  • Early Aries Ascendant

Votes: 43 48.3%

• Total voters

Arian Maverick

I would say Aries, you look really like someone I know who is an Aries Sun

Is this all you're going by? Because I have an Aries Sun, as well as an Aries Moon, Aries Mercury, and Aries Venus--all in the first house.

Arian Maverick

astropsychologist

Oh right (sorry, haven't read the full thread!). Well in that case, i'd probably change my mind and lean more towards a Pisces rising, because there's a softness about your features that I would associate more with Pisces than Aries.
Good luck figuring it out!

Courtney Love

Perhaps it's your billowy hair, but I get such a softness from you that I voted pisces.

I also find it surprising that firey aries & watery pisces could be confused for one another... I mean, I'm surprised you can't be sure yourself you know?

Arian Maverick

I also find it surprising that firey aries & watery pisces could be confused for one another... I mean, I'm surprised you can't be sure yourself you know?

I'd probably have an easier time discerning between the two if the Moon wasn't conjunct my Ascendant. What is the influence of the Moon, and what is the influence of Pisces Ascendant? As others have pointed out on this thread, I also have Venus in my first house, which may soften my appearance.

Neptune also squares three planets in my Aries stellium, conferring additional sensitivity. Again, what is the influence of these aspects, and what is the influence of Pisces Ascendant?

As Aquarius7000 suggested, would the combination of the Moon conjunct the Ascendant and a Pisces Ascendant create an individual so sensitive she could not cope with the world? I'm sensitive, but am I really this type?

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Kite

Hi Beth - the keyword for Aries is I AM. The keyword for Pisces is I Believe. One is so sure of itself that it bangs it's head over and over again (I have Moon 4 aries conjunct Mars at 2 aries so I know) and the other lives more like Alice in Wonderland or aspires to.

I won't tell you which way I'm leaning because this is your own rabbit hole (hint, hint) :)

Kite

Arian Maverick

I probably should close this thread, since I had my natal chart rectified recently and confirmed the Ascendant sign through another source, but why spoil the fun? :whistling:

EDIT: I changed my avatar and my signature, so I don't give away the answer too easily.

I won't tell you which way I'm leaning because this is your own rabbit hole (hint, hint) :)

You have inspired me to change my "location" in my status, Kite!

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Early Aries,,,, Trust me.

Yes, I agree that I'm very Arian in both appearance and mannerisms. Have you read my introductory post, which states that I have my natal Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus in Aries in the first house? This is one of the reasons why chart rectification was so difficult, in my case.

I have had my natal chart rectified by two independent sources, and both agree that I have a Pisces Ascendant. Ironically, neither option on this poll is correct--I have a Pisces Ascendant in the first decanate of Pisces (7 Pisces), not a late Pisces Ascendant! :surprised:

I am confident that I do not have an early Aries Ascendant because I did not respond to Pluto's ingress into Capricorn, which should have been conjunct my Midheaven and square my Ascendant. I experienced a total upheaval several years prior to Pluto's ingress, which corresponds to the angles of my rectified chart. So there is no doubt that I have a Pisces Ascendant, although of course, I will continue to observe transits to confirm the exact degree.

Thank you everyone who has participated in this poll! :smile:

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Blossoms

Alright, It's not really related to the rectification itself, but it's still very important to clarify it.

The Pluto ingress is not a good checkpoint for a rectification and there are many reasons for it.
He may be a cute lil' strong planet, but:

1) It's a slow planet! Even if touches a key point in your chart, such as the ascendant or mid-heaven, the influence will still take years until you see it. It's like 'they don't even know what hit them', If I may use this phrase.
2) It's lonely! It needs a healthy triple transit for a sudden influence, and I don't mean just Mercury, Mars, Venus or Sun with a Moon activating. A planet like Pluto for a nice triple transit must have at least one strong aspect ( conjunct, square, etc ) with a Jupiter or Saturn, otherwise the triple transit won't have enough force for a sudden event.
Pluto is a strong planet, but without help from other planets to magnify it's influence, the events will be slow, invisible, scattered and collateral. Just imagine other planets being a magnifying glass.
3) It's a transpersonal planet! Remember the phrase 'they don't even know what hit them'. Pluto has a more materialized effect on people who live on Pluto archetypes, like chemists, detectives, priests, magicians, people who deal with the unknown, the invisible, the occult and the spiritual. For someone who doesn't deal with these, Pluto has a even a lesser influence on them, because they are not tapped with the planet. ( Yeah people will probably reply to me with " Do you even know in what forum you're replying you jerk ?! " )
Pluto is an invisible planet, it does make events, but nobody notices it, only the ones sensitive enough.

If you want to look at what could Pluto do directly, look for a Jupiter and a Saturn, does it make any important aspects ? I sometimes think you need to wait until Saturn makes a conjunct with Pluto in Capricorn ( or at least a square from Libra ) OR that Uranus/Jupiter on Aries that is right now too see if you can notice any important events.
After you found that Jupiter and Saturn, then look for the smaller one like Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury and Moon. ( well you know these already, I am just repeating myself )

Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are transpersonals, meaning they are invisible, Uranus being the least and hey Jupiter is with Uranus already and in Aries.
Uranus would make a better candidate to focus on, he is much more sudden in events and closer to your natal personal planets in Aries. Pluto is more difficult to spot now, more hidden and it needs more patience for a rectification. Maybe Saturn in Libra square Pluto might indicate something too, but Saturn in Capricorn might prove more important in the future.

Also the Pluto events years back could also be attributed to Uranus being on your North Node.

Last edited:

Arian Maverick

Hmm, now that I read that I realize you really don't know what time you were born.

You are incorrect; I know the time of my physical birth, which I believe is accurate within five or ten minutes. However, I no longer subscribe to the "first breath" theory. Read Kannon's post in the thread Entrance of the Soul seen Astrologically for more details. By the way, Astro-Intuive also does not subscribe to this principle. Unfortunately, his website Soul Map is currently down. I wish I could link to the articles he has written; they are excellent.

Then, what I said here:

Originally Posted by Haizea
Would you be really really sure 100% that she is not Taurus Ascendant???

might not be so silly...

With all due respect, this simply is not possible--and even it is was, do you truly believe my Aries stellium occupies the twelfth house? I am much too forthwright for that.

Arian Maverick

Arian Maverick

Alright, It's not really related to the rectification itself, but it's still very important to clarify it.

The Pluto ingress is not a good checkpoint for a rectification and there are many reasons for it.

He may be a cute lil' strong planet, but:

1) It's a slow planet! Even if touches a key point in your chart, such as the ascendant or mid-heaven, the influence will still take years until you see it. It's like 'they don't even know what hit them', If I may use this phrase.

I believe this precisely is why all trans-Saturnian planets are good rectification tools; their slow movement means that one can more precisely determine one's Ascendant or Midheaven degree.

2) It's lonely! It needs a healthy triple transit for a sudden influence, and I don't mean just Mercury, Mars, Venus or Sun with a Moon activating. A planet like Pluto for a nice triple transit must have at least one strong aspect ( conjunct, square, etc ) with a Jupiter or Saturn, otherwise the triple transit won't have enough force for a sudden event.

Pluto is a strong planet, but without help from other planets to magnify it's influence, the events will be slow, invisible, scattered and collateral. Just imagine other planets being a magnifying glass.

I'll look into this further, but I assure you that I did not use Pluto's ingress into Capricorn as the sole basis of my chart rectification. I simply provided it as an example.

To utilize your advice, there were many transits on an important day in 2004:

Uranus conjunct NN
Uranus conjunct Ascendant (in rectified chart)
Pluto conjunct Midheaven (in rectified chart)
Pluto opposite Mars
Sun/Mercury conjunction opposite natal Sun/Venus/Mercury conjunction and square natal Saturn/Neptune conjunction
Mars/Jupiter conjunction opposite natal Moon and square natal Uranus

So, yes, there were inner planets coupled with Mars and Jupiter.

3) It's a transpersonal planet! Remember the phrase 'they don't even know what hit them'. Pluto has a more materialized effect on people who live on Pluto archetypes, like chemists, detectives, priests, magicians, people who deal with the unknown, the invisible, the occult and the spiritual. For someone who doesn't deal with these, Pluto has a even a lesser influence on them, because they are not tapped with the planet. ( Yeah people will probably reply to me with " Do you even know in what forum you're replying you jerk ?! " )

Pluto is an invisible planet, it does make events, but nobody notices it, only the ones sensitive enough.

Although I do not have any of these occupations, I believe I am affiliated with Pluto because I have this planet in Scorpio in my eighth house; it also is the apex planet of a yod configuration which involves my natal Sun-Venus-Mercury conjunction and Mars.

If you want to look at what could Pluto do directly, look for a Jupiter and a Saturn, does it make any important aspects ?

Are you referring to natal aspects, or those formed by transiting planets?

I sometimes think you need to wait until Saturn makes a conjunct with Pluto in Capricorn ( or at least a square from Libra ) OR that Uranus/Jupiter on Aries that is right now too see if you can notice any important events.

That Uranus/Jupiter conjunction in Aries is another good indicator that I do not have an early Aries Ascendant. I'll see if anything happens once these planets conjoin my natal Moon, but my life is incredibly tranquil at the moment--almost boring. This may change once I experience my first Uranus square, however.

After you found that Jupiter and Saturn, then look for the smaller one like Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury and Moon. ( well you know these already, I am just repeating myself )

Can you clarify your instructions a bit?

Uranus, Neptune and Pluto are transpersonals, meaning they are invisible, Uranus being the least and hey Jupiter is with Uranus already and in Aries. Uranus would make a better candidate to focus on, he is much more sudden in events and closer to your natal personal planets in Aries. Pluto is more difficult to spot now, more hidden and it needs more patience for a rectification. Maybe Saturn in Libra square Pluto might indicate something too, but Saturn in Capricorn might prove more important in the future.

This is fair enough, but I believe Uranus aspected my Ascendant and/or Midheaven during several important life events.

Also the Pluto events years back could also be attributed to Uranus being on your North Node.

True, the drama began to unfold when transiting Uranus was conjunct my natal North Node, but in my rectified chart, Uranus was approaching my Ascendant. I believe such significant life-altering events I experienced during this time must reflect something more personal than Uranus conjunct my North Node. I have many friends who were born within a few weeks or months of me, so we have similar nodal placements. However, I was the only one who experienced such significant life events that my entire high school discussed the possible reasons for my abrupt absence and concocted vicious rumors regarding my personal life. Of course, all the rumors my friends ventured to tell me were untrue.

Arian Maverick

Last edited:

Blossoms

I didn't notice your edits yet. I'll re-read.

Can you clarify your instructions a bit?
We have trans-personals planets ( Pluto, Neptune, Uranus )
We have social planets ( Saturn, Jupiter )
We have personal planets ( Mars, Sun, Venus, Mercury, Moon )
We have trigger planets ( Sun, Moon )

A transpersonal planet for a sudden event it needs a social planet to materialize. Then the social planet needs a personal planet to materialize onward. The event will activated by trigger planets, which by default is either Moon or Sun.

The idea is that transpersonals planets need an intermediary for a faster, more sudden influence, otherwise we won't notice it's influence.
Are you referring to natal aspects, or those formed by transiting planets?

It's a bit weird. Pluto conjuncts a supposedly mid-heaven or any important place in your natal chart. It needs a third party from the transit, such as Saturn squaring Pluto from the transit, which puts more pressure on that mid-heaven or any other natal point making an event even more precise.

Saturn channels it's extra energy on Pluto in transit, while Pluto conjuncts natal mid-heaven with Saturn helping. This is in theory, I don't know if that square even happen.

I assure you that I did not use Pluto's ingress into Capricorn as the sole basis of my chart rectification. I simply provided it as an example.
I know, I'm not against the rectification. It's just my 2 cents about Pluto.

Last edited:

T-2000

Banned
Yes, I agree that I'm very Arian in both appearance and mannerisms. Have you read my introductory post, which states that I have my natal Sun, Moon, Mercury, and Venus in Aries in the first house?

No, Actually...

This is one of the reasons why chart rectification was so difficult, in my case.

Yes for sure....

I have had my natal chart rectified by two independent sources, and both agree that I have a Pisces Ascendant. Ironically, neither option on this poll is correct--I have a Pisces Ascendant in the first decanate of Pisces (7 Pisces), not a late Pisces Ascendant! :surprised:

May be I should check my chart as well...:andy:

Thank you everyone who has participated in this poll! :smile:

You are welcome..:smile:

templeton

29 degrees Pisces.

You don't have the soft, dreamy eyes of your brother but Neptune makes a lot more sense as your chart ruler than Mars.

You can't take the moon away from the ascendant, because then we would have no way of explaining your curvy figure.

Dolly Parton has her virgo moon conjunct ascendant. I'm not comparing you to Dolly, but your measurements probably aren't too far off. I couldn't find a Pisces ascendant celebrity with a comparable body type but admittedly my search wasn't thorough. You may have better luck than I did.

If you re-read this thread, you may notice yourself becoming defensive when anyone suggests that you're an Aries ascendant. It is not a good idea to start a thread requiring honest feedback if you're only willing to accept one answer.

I would also like to put it out there not knowing your ascendant may be a part of your "lessons" and you shouldn't view it so much as a curse than perhaps as as an opportunity for growth and an exercise in patience.

I still maintain that no mortal can rectify a chart with exact certainty and one hundred percent accuracy without possessing some sort of spiritual recall. But I also believe that the person who worked on your chart to be a very good and capable astrologer.

I just don't agree with his final results. It would mean that I am wrong and we both know that simply isn't possible ;)

Red Hood

I don't want to burst your bubble lady but you are pisces! That blunt smile and those transparent eyes! And I'm mad that you are all using the good name of Aries which is a strong masculine sign to represent this girl. YOU ARE NOT ARIES AND YOU WILL NEVER WILL BE! First of all i don't want to sound all arrogant but you have such a wird body and a doll face. Being Aries is not a party gift. You have to be born this way. And yes I'm Aries rising if you are asking yourself. I can't belive people are so blind and dumb. They confused Aries with you! You have pisces written all over you. Weak and pathetic! I'm so mad! Aries is strong and is driving attention, people notice you if you are Aries and I can walk beside you and not even notice you! I think you are angry because you look so weird and you are trying to make your life better by thinking you are Aries! Well i have news for you! Being Aries doesn't make you better or more beutiful. You have to be strong and brave. I'm not saying being Aries is perfect some of as are really jerks. I'm mean just because astrology is saying that Aries is all perfect evert moron out there who is Aries thinks he is a god. I have seen such weak examples of Ares that I wanna puke. But you are not Aries! And every body wants to be Aries because they think it will make their life better! Well it's not going to be better unless you are willing to fight your weaknesses and be better, no rising sign will help you if you are weak. So to sum up you are not Aries. I'm Aries rising:
Ascendant 0°56' Aries and you are probably: "29°40' Pisces". See http://www.astrotheme.com/symbolic_degrees.php for more detail. And also you others who are thinking she is Aries (?!) should have a look to! You don't know **** about astrology! You are trying to make her feel better! I mean look at her! And one more thing i heard like a hundred stories about people saying like "oh i'm libra rising but i act and look like a scorpio" There is no great influence if you are on the cusp of a sign! If you have like 29 degrees libra you are libra! Granted there is some scorpio influence but very little! If you actually feel and look like a scorpio then you have your birth time wrong! It can be wrong even if the time they wrote is right, what i mean is that maybe the clock wasn't set right so they can rob you of a couple of minutes! And i'm sorry i have been so hars but this is reality. Not a dream land. But she is still pisces. She doesn't look like an Aries. Not in a million years! Also see http://www.astrotheme.com/files/ascendant_appearance_and_health.php

Last edited: