Is It Possible To Predict A Long Life?

david starling

Anyone know of a study involving the Charts of long-lived people? What factors would most likely be involved? Keith Richards might be a good case study, since he appears to have "cheated" death, even though he's not all that old, yet. :lol: This is where Traditional Astrology should come in handy--fewer distractions, right to the point!

Last edited:

Oddity

Anyone know of a study involving the Charts of long-lived people? What factors would most likely be involved? Keith Richards might be a good case study, since he appears to have "cheated" death, even though he's not all that old, yet. :lol: This is where Traditional Astrology should come in handy--fewer distractions, right to the point!

You might be able to pull somethin up from astro data bank. I don't know if longevity is one of their classifications, but I think there's enough organisation over there to put together your own data set fairly painlessly.

obsidianmineral

According to traditional practice, the Sun gives life. Ascendant ruler and ascendant represents the native itself. Saturn delays and cuts down, so does Mars. Venus and Jupiter give more and expand.

Given these premises, what you should look for in a natal chart is for the native to have the following things:

a) Ascendant free from malefics and aspected by benefics

b) Ascendant ruler in its dignities, direct in motion, fast, angular, well aspected by benefics, in its own sect, etc. while also free from affliction coming from Saturn/Mars.

c) Sun in its dignities, angular, in sect, receiving aspects from benefics and free from malefics.

d) Benefics in angles and connections between the ruler of the 1st, the Sun and benefics.

What I don't know is what to think of reception. What would a good reception between a significator and a malefic do? Say, Sun trine Saturn while they both receive each other.

detectahead

According to traditional practice, the Sun gives life. Ascendant ruler and ascendant represents the native itself. Saturn delays and cuts down, so does Mars. Venus and Jupiter give more and expand.

Given these premises, what you should look for in a natal chart is for the native to have the following things:

a) Ascendant free from malefics and aspected by benefics

b) Ascendant ruler in its dignities, direct in motion, fast, angular, well aspected by benefics, in its own sect, etc. while also free from affliction coming from Saturn/Mars.

c) Sun in its dignities, angular, in sect, receiving aspects from benefics and free from malefics.

d) Benefics in angles and connections between the ruler of the 1st, the Sun and benefics.

What I don't know is what to think of reception. What would a good reception between a significator and a malefic do? Say, Sun trine Saturn while they both receive each other.

I believe that Saturn gives stability and longevity and Mars gives the energy to maintain that stability.
I personally know of an individual who is 94 yrs young with Capricorn Asc and Sun in Aries. They are handicapped with there right arm removed above the elbow since they were 17. He will get out there and work,work,work!
I don't see him keeling over anytime soon

Cap

You might want to check

List of the verified oldest people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_the_verified_oldest_people

After examining first 20 or so charts

surprisingly, what they have in common are aspected nodes (more than 80%)
especially by Sun or Moon

dr. farr

Actually, with Manilius we find an early attempt at longevity prediction rather than death prediction; I'll post his simple method here soon.

Carter, among Modern astrologers, has done work in this field (also in the area of accidents)-again, Carter's objective is not death prediction but rather longevity estimation and trend likelihoods.

I also am aware of a longevity estimating method from a combined Modernist and Traditionalist perspective, dating from the c1940's, and attributed to Manly P. Hall (although this method is not described in any of Hall's known published writings) This method determines whether or not the subject will likely live to the statistical average life-expectancy year, or beyond the average life expectancy year; it is a rather lengthy computational method, but I shall also post this method here in the near future.

Senecar

There are also much information regarding longevity prediction by natal horoscopic chart placements in the book "Encyclopaedia of Medical Dictionary" , H.L. Cornell M.D. 1933.

dr. farr

A Resume of the Hall Longevity Computation Model

In this model, the goal is to estimate if the subject will reach the average length of life year, not reach it, or reach and exceed it. First the average longevity year is determined based on the official life expectancy as adjusted for subject's gender, race and country of residence. This l-e (life expectancy) year is the base year for the model.

Computations are based entirely on a group of Lots:

A) the "+" A Lots are:
: the Part of Fortune; the Part of Spirit; the Lot of Life; the Lot of Jupiter; the Part of Good Luck; the Lot of Necessities & Requirements

B) the "-" B Lots are:
: the Part of Death; the Lot of the Anaretai; the Lot of Saturn; the Part of Bad Luck; the Part of Danger & Violence (which is the basis for th modern Part of Accidents); the Part of Chronic Disease (or, if the subject was handicapped from birth, the Part of Debilitated Body)

Now, each Lot is evaluated by house position and totality of platik aspects to the Lot:

:for both A and B Lots, if the Lot is angular 3 points are given; if succedent 2 points are given; if cadent 1 point is given

platik aspects are determined from all planets to each Lot: a platik aspect is an aspect FROM SIGN TO SIGN, not from body to body (platik aspects were much used in Greco-Roman astrology); for example, say the Part of Fortune is in Aries and Saturn is in Saggitarius-thus the Part of Fortune would receive a platik trine from Saturn

:for both A and B Lots, platik trines and sextiles add 1 point to the Lot's total from every planet (including the outer planets); platik squares and oppositions deduct 1 point from the Lot's total from every planet
: conjunctions (ie planet in same SIGN-platik conjunction-as Lot)
-for A Lots, conjunction with North Node, Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus,
Jupiter, Neptune 1 point is added to the Lot's total (from each planet
in conjunction); conjunction with South Node, Mars, Saturn, Uranus,
Pluto 1 point is deducted from the Lot's total (for each planet in platik
conjunction)
-for B Lots, conjunction with South Node, Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Pluto 1
point is added to the Lot's total; conjunction with North Node, Sun,
Moon,Mercury, Venus, Jupiter, Neptune 1 point is deducted from the Lot's
total

Totals:
-add together all points for each Lot
-then add together the points from each A Lot-enter this total under A
-add together the points from each B Lot-enter this total under B

Estimation:
Look at the totals under A and under B:
:if these totals are EQUAL OR NEARLY EQUAL, estimation is that the subject will reach the average l-e year
:if the total for B Lots significantly EXCEEDS the totals for A Lots, estimation is that the subject will NOT reach the average l-e year
:if the total for A Lots significantly EXCEEDS the totals for B Lots, estimation is that the subject will EXCEED the average l-e year

Last edited:

tikana

yes you can look into 3rd volume of Christian astrology it has a whole thing on longevity
also in horary
who shall die first wife or the querent

dr. farr

Addendum:
For those who do not have them, the following are the formulae for the Parts and Lots used in the Hall method, described above:

"A" LOTS

-Part of Fortune
: day births = ascendant+Moon-Sun
: night births = asc +Sun-Moon

-Part of Spirit
:day births = asc+Sun-Moon
:night births =asc+Moon-Sun

-Lot of Life
:day births = asc+Saturn-Jupiter
:night births = asc+Jupiter-Saturn

-Part of Necessities & Requirements
:day births =asc+3rd cusp-Mars
:night births = same

-Lot of Jupiter
:day births = asc+Jupiter-Part of Spirit
:night births = asc+Part of Spirit-Jupiter

-Part of Good Luck
:day births = asc+Moon-Jupiter

"B" LOTS

-Lot of the Anaretai
:day births = ascendant +Moon-dispositor of the ascendant
:night births = asc+dispositor of the ascendant-Moon

-Part of Chronic Disease
:day births = asc+Mars-Saturn
:night births = asc+Saturn-Mars

-Part of Bad Luck
:day births = asc+Part of Fortune-Part of Spirit

-Lot of Saturn
:day births = asc +Part of Fortune-Saturn
:night births = asc+Saturn-Part of Fortune

-Part of Danger & Violence
:day births =asc+Mercury-Saturn
:night births = asc+Saturn-Mercury

-Part of Death
:day births = Saturn + 8th cusp - Moon

ANUP

Yes, too some extent,we can predict long life by ashtakvarga system.There are few tips.Check Moon's degree.Check 8th house points in ashtakvarga.If navamasa lord of lagna is in 5th house,this may shorten native's life.There are several other points need to study.

Senecar

Yes, too some extent,we can predict long life by ashtakvarga system.There are few tips.Check Moon's degree.Check 8th house points in ashtakvarga.If navamasa lord of lagna is in 5th house,this may shorten native's life.There are several other points need to study.

This sounds like the Vedic Astrology. I must confess I don't know anything about it. Is it totally different from the Western Astrology? If so, how is it different?

Blaze

Account Closed
This sounds like the Vedic Astrology. I must confess I don't know anything about it. Is it totally different from the Western Astrology? If so, how is it different?

Jyotish and Traditional have some similarities. If you're interested in picking up a book or two on the subject then here, three good books that helped me a lot.

Beneath a Vedic Sky: https://www.amazon.com/Beneath-Vedic-Sky-William-Levacy/dp/1561705241

Beneath a Vedic Sun: https://www.amazon.com/Beneath-Vedic-Sun-Discover-Astrology/dp/1401907172/ref=pd_sim_14_2/136-3409852-0994401?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1401907172&pd_rd_r=BSZ622DP9CJ0MH7VP6JF&pd_rd_w=kQGHB&pd_rd_wg=e0H2e&psc=1&refRID=BSZ622DP9CJ0MH7VP6JF

The Art and Science of Vedic Astrology: https://www.amazon.com/Art-Science-Vedic-Astrology-Foundation/dp/1475267657/ref=pd_sim_14_6/136-3409852-0994401?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1475267657&pd_rd_r=BSZ622DP9CJ0MH7VP6JF&pd_rd_w=kQGHB&pd_rd_wg=e0H2e&psc=1&refRID=BSZ622DP9CJ0MH7VP6JF

If ever you get the chance, those are some good reads.

On-topic: I was wondering if the nodes conjunct any of the Luminaries would indicate a long or short life. A simplified example would be SN conjunct Moon vs NN conjunct Moon, or Sun.

ANUP

Dear Senacar

Yes,it is possible to predict by ancient vedic astrology and it's tool of ashtakvarga.I can not explain here how we can predict.

Regards
Anup

aquarius7000

Hi,

Generally, the Sun and Asc. ruler should be doing well.

You may want to look at charts of Kirk Douglas, Olivia de Havilland, Jane Fontaine, Betty White, Gene Hackmann and Nelson Mandela.