Cazimi Venus

UraSatVen1029

Do y'all apply the 0-16 minutes conjunction Sun-planet with significance? If yes, I'll be asking about Cazimi Venus.

Some said that Cazimi makes the planet aspecting Sun extremely powerful. And some claim that it could be more powerful than a dignified/exalted Venus (?)

Do you agree with that though? Let's say Venus in Aries/Scorpio. Detriment and Fall. But they're a cazimi. Just how strong can these Venuses can be compared to a Venus Libra/Taurus/Pisces?

urano

Do y'all apply the 0-16 minutes conjunction Sun-planet with significance? If yes, I'll be asking about Cazimi Venus.

Some said that Cazimi makes the planet aspecting Sun extremely powerful. And some claim that it could be more powerful than a dignified/exalted Venus (?)

Do you agree with that though? Let's say Venus in Aries/Scorpio. Detriment and Fall. But they're a cazimi. Just how strong can these Venuses can be compared to a Venus Libra/Taurus/Pisces?
Cazimi is an accidental dignity, quite strong according to Lilly because he gave +5 in this case.
A Detriment is an essential debility, Lilly gave -5, it's the maximum!!
Therefore I guess Cazimi is very helpful with regard to a planet in its Detriment (Venus in Aries or Scorpio for example).

Nevertheless I think that a Sun in Aries would be a better assistant than a Sun in Scorpio because he is exalted in Aries and just Peregrine in Scorpio, which isn't wonderful.
Probably the Detriment won't be erased, but we can hope an important compensation; it's the way I would look at this.

But it will be different if this conjunction takes place in the 10th House, making good aspects, or if it occurs in the 6th or 12th House, making bad aspects...

UraSatVen1029

Cazimi is an accidental dignity, quite strong according to Lilly because he gave +5 in this case.
Therefore I guess Cazimi is very helpful with regard to a planet in its Detriment (Venus in Aries or Scorpio for example).

Nevertheless I think that a Sun in Aries would be a better assistant than a Sun in Scorpio because he is exalted in Aries and just Peregrine in Scorpio, which isn't wonderful.
Probably the Detriment won't be erased, but we can hope an important compensation; it's the way I would look at this.

But it will be different if this conjunction takes place in the 10th House, making good aspects, or if it occurs in the 6th or 12th House, making bad aspects...

I'll take mine for example.

I have it in Scorpio. Sun and Venus both sit in the 10th house BUT they make bad aspects (squares and one opposition), sooo does this mean it weakens the cazimi configuration?

urano

I'll take mine for example.

I have it in Scorpio. Sun and Venus both sit in the 10th house BUT they make bad aspects (squares and one opposition), sooo does this mean it weakens the cazimi configuration?
No, I don't think, and in the 10th planets are strong.
Nevertheless the squares and the opposition afflict your Sun and Venus.

In any case Venus Cazimi isn't Combust, which is a good news!

UraSatVen1029

No, I don't think, and in the 10th planets are strong.
Nevertheless the squares and the opposition afflict your Sun and Venus.

In any case Venus Cazimi isn't Combust, which is a good news!

Ohhh so planets being afflicted or affliction of planets don't weaken the dignity?? I always thought it would. Or is this because its not combust AND it's in the 10th house??

urano

Ohhh so planets being afflicted or affliction of planets don't weaken the dignity?? I always thought it would. Or is this because its not combust AND it's in the 10th house??
If we refer to Lilly, again, a square or an opposition from Mars or Saturn, if partile (same degree), is an accidental debility that weakens a planet, indeed. Otherwise, no. But bad aspects bring generally difficulties and challenges to face in one’s life.

UraSatVen1029

If we refer to Lilly, again, a square or an opposition from Mars or Saturn, if partile (same degree), is an accidental debility that weakens a planet, indeed. Otherwise, no. But bad aspects bring generally difficulties and challenges to face in one’s life.

Saturn opposite sun with 6 degrees and Venus with 5 degrees.

Will that weaken it?

urano

Lilly said partile (same degree)!
Well, an opposition from Saturn can be harsh and I would be tempted to say yes, that weakens.

Last edited:

InfoOverload2

We're here to learn and overcome