Pluto conjunct Moon

starlink

What strikes me most about my childhood, is that I have very few happy memories and those I have are only from the age of around 11 years (its as if I was in a coma before that). There must be so many memories that are suppressed and I often wonder if and when I will remember them so that I can face and deal with them. How else does the soul grow without dealing with it?

Hello 07Re, well, I have exactly the same. I cannot remember anything much about my childhood up till the age of 12-13. I dont remember bad things, just one or two anxious things like when the gardeners killed a Boa constrictor in our garden, hitting it with sticks. (I lived in Indonesia where you could get these sort of animals in your trees). It was horrendous to me to see this. I also once sat on a swing in the garden and a small snake was crawling underneath it, so I did not dare to get off the swings.
Then the very bad way I was treated by an Indonesian teacher (I am Dutch, so the animosity versus the Dutch was everywhere at that time). Also a lot of harassment lateron in school.
But also one or two good memories. But just like a picture, not a whole situation.

I also figured out that something was strange when my partner said he could remember from the age of 2!! It is as if I have lived in a fog all that time.

I have a T-square between Pluto in 9(Apex), Moon in my 12th house and Sun in 6. Mars makes an inconjunct to my Moon from the 5th house and trines Pluto.

My parents did not divorce but there were problems which were very cleverly hidden (the famous sceletons in the closet!). I found out about all this when my father died and I found letters from him to my mother whom he kept all his life. He adored her, but it was very unrealistic, almost as if he had to convince himself about it. She was very insecure and introvert and did not like at all that he was so "all over" her with his compliments. She did not think she deserved it I guess (had psychological treatment whilst putting me in a childrens house in the meantime. not my brother though.). Yes, little by little I did come to see what this T-square was all about.

My father was absent from my life until I turned 22y.
My father was also not always around due to circumstances. My mother had to leave him with the kids coming to Europe while he stayed behind in Indonesia. On another level he was also not there for us. He was a total introvert, very musical, genious really, wrote music when he was 6 years old already, lost his mother when he was 19 so maybe that's why he (over)adored my mother, no matter how cold she could be to him (she was not nasty or so, just could not give love, Saturn-Moon conj. in Virgo).
He would sit for hours playing the piano and chess after work. No communication at all.

In order to go to the depth of my feelings, I did several things, courses, hypno-acupuncture ( needles in certain places which brought up memories, most interesting. ) and other treatments. I think you will feel the need to do these things, usually later in life. I asked one of the therapists (not psycho analysts) why I only came to do this now, after soooo many years and they said indeed that I was not ready yet and would not have accepted it if I had done it earlier on.

hermetic

ok, first of all although they all form part of a stellium I would not say Moon is conjunct to Pluto, it is separating and 9 degrees apart.

More problems I see in this chart is Moon combust by Sun, applying to it. Moon rules childhood. Moon is emotional awareness. Memories are emotionaly charged to large extent. This Moon is totally weak and unable to express.
New Moon stage is said to be a little better when separating, that is Moon growing.
This position of Moon also speaks of relationship between parents, subordination of mother to father perhaps?

childhood memories are also 4th house issue - ruled by Jupiter in it's detriment Capricorn, and squared by Mars&PLuto - this jupiter also rules siblings/3rd house in your case. death of a sibling occured exactly when SA ASC hit Pluto.

I think it is only normal after such events to develop some kind of self protection mechanism. I wonder, have you ever had created alternate realities, as a means to communicate your feelings? I see Neptune in 3rd sextile to Mars and Pluto which could give interest in writing, fiction most probably, as a positive connection to parts of your psyche connected with death and loss.
Neptune in Sag and in 3rd might be just what is needed, it is in connection to Venus; this square is described to give longing for beauty, and artistic talent, plus MC is ruled by Mercury.

Hope this helps some :)

R4VEN

07.Re, I also found hermetic's post very interesting and relevant - and pretty spot-on!!!!

I am about to throw a grenade in the works, and I hope you'll forgive me if I put another thought in your head.............................
That Sun-Moon conjunction is the `source' I'd say. I also would not class Moon as conj Pluto - although Mars and Pluto are pretty closely conjunct, and so this would account for perhaps an ability and tendency for high levels of achievement, drive and goal-setting.

I am interested in particular in the opposition between Chiron and the Sun-Moon (and also Uranus) conjunction. This is very highly charged energy. There may be some difficulty in accessing one's creative/personal source due to circumstances which continually crop up and redirect you - that `teenage rebellion-not-cool' thing is an example of this.
The problem with this opposition - if there is a problem, and there appears to be a problem in accessing emotions here - is that every single person I know with Chiron and Moon in opposition has had a degree of personal boundary invasion occur to them some time while they were growing up. Now, this has been (amongst the people I know with this placement in their natal charts) anything from severe sexual and physical abuse to an inappropriate `friendliness' of a well-meaning stepfather, which temporarily freaked out a girl in her teens. It's not so much the events which people experienced which were significant, but the absence of protection, or failure to act by the chief nurturer - usually the mother.

Now, I do not wish to send you down the track of recovering memories, but it would be a good idea for you to begin writing for yourself only. I find writing an excellent inroad to my internal fabric. Whenever I sit down to write down some idea I've had, I almost always go somehwere with the story where I needed to take myself. My real feelings and thoughts and beliefs always emerge, and this never fails to surprise me.

I suspect that you'll need to write for children 6-11 - this is where your blank space seems to be. I am not saying that you were abused during these years, but perhaps you absorbed the unexpresed pain of your parents - and in particular your mother - and just bottled it, and are still carrying it. That is one possibility. When I began to write about the death of my own brother, I was surprised that what came out was a feeling of resentment that his being dead somehow made him more important, more lovable, than the remaining 4 of us who were still alive. I had no conscious memory of that, but it had been there anyway.

Whatever is in there, I am sure that there are the feelings of a confused 6-yr-old. I would even go as far as saying your powerful commitment to your own children has been somehow `fed' by the time leading away from your brother's death, when perhaps your own parents were too preoccupied to give you a lot of attention, and they also had no idea that you were also grieving.
[When my older brother died I was 13, but I had a 4-yr-old brother, and it became my job to look after him. My parents almost ignored him. He wasn't even allowed to go to the funeral, but was looked after by an aunt. He's now almost 52, and I'd class him as an alcoholic. I can't determine whether this is connected to his experiences a 4, but drinking is oral, and whatever mothering he'd had up until then pretty much stopped. My mother would burst into tears whenever she looked at him because he'd remind her of the dead one when he'd been 4.]

R4VEN

Some big issues are being raised, and I'm sure that others who read your post, 07.Re, will experience some resonance with what you say - as starlink did.

I'll PM you with my thoughts, as I may be going beyond astrology in my reply.

"Perhaps this thread is due to transit moon conjuncting Chiron today! "

I'd say so. Tr Moon is just about to conjunct my natal IC, so this is also `talking' to me.

Hekate

I don't have a conjuction between Moon and Pluto, but as said by an astrologer, it is like it was.

I have natally Moon conjuct Mars and Mars rules my 8th house. She said (the astrologer) that it is like my Moon was conjuct to Pluto. In fact, I lost my mother early. These planets are in my 12th house and my mother was a Pisces.

I have a knower who has Moon conjuct natal Pluto and she is also a Scorpio Sun. I don't know her very well. It would be interesting to find out what a relationship she has with her mother. I'm not sure, but I remember she said her mother was also a Scorpio.

I think, afterall, that the conjuction between these two planets are not so good in a way that it brings always some 'problems' in the family and in the relationship with the mother.