Saturn conjunct descendant--are we doomed in love?

wan

Hello...have you any direct experience with Saturn conjunct that descendant (and by extension, saturn being in 7th house). I have such a placement (my Saturn sitting directly on me DC). I am turning 37 and I dont have a boyfriend. In fact, I have NEVER had a boyfriend. I know it's hard to imagine but it's true. And I blame this on my Saturn. Saturn is turning my love life upside down.

Anyway, your thoughts?

p.s. my chart attached for your consideration.

Attachments

• birthchart.gif
    birthchart.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 203
Could you post a chart from astro.com? They're a bit easier to read. :)

As for never having a boyfriend, I'm curious to know if you frequently put yourself in a "position" to "get" one?

Do you go out often, talk to people/guys, are you closed off/introverted/shy, do you try to be approachable?

Have you tried online dating, getting a friend to hook you up?

Sorry if these questions are intrusive/offensive.

Last edited:

RisingSag

Hello...have you any direct experience with Saturn conjunct that descendant (and by extension, saturn being in 7th house). I have such a placement (my Saturn sitting directly on me DC). I am turning 37 and I dont have a boyfriend. In fact, I have NEVER had a boyfriend. I know it's hard to imagine but it's true. And I blame this on my Saturn. Saturn is turning my love life upside down.

Anyway, your thoughts?

Awwwwwe, dont be hard on yourself. Saturn on your descendent can point to a late marriage, possibly with someone older and mature, or maybe you'll be the older mature one.
don't give up:)

sibylline

Have you figured out your birthtime?

Anyway, the way I see Saturn is that you have to work in whatever area it is. Nothing will come easy. And if you're not being responsible and diligent you'll see no results in that area. So I agree with Fortknight that you may need to try harder.

My partner has Saturn conjunct the DSC (it is also conjunct Pluto) and he's got me, so nope, not doomed. :) He has had no issues finding relationships, but his previous relationship was with a woman almost a decade older. They split during his Saturn Return (I see this happen a lot with natal Saturn in the 7th/DSC, so be glad you're past yours). He sort of expected her to play the Saturn in that relationship because she was older...as a result he learned a lot about taking responsibility in relationships. He's much better off now.

wan

Could you post a chart from astro.com? They're a bit easier to read. :)

As for never having a boyfriend, I'm curious to know if you frequently put yourself in a "position" to "get" one?

Do you go out often, talk to people/guys, are you closed off/introverted/shy, do you try to be approachable?

Have you tried online dating, getting a friend to hook you up?

Sorry if these questions are intrusive/offensive.

No these questions dont sound intrusive nor offensive. I know you are trying to help me.

I dont really get too many chances to go out often, most of the time I just work and then head straight home. I am not into clubbing or bars or anything like that. I try to stay away from online dating because my experience is that people there are either desperate or just trying to get sex.

I think that having a friend introduce me to some of her guy friends is the best approach but sadly I dont have many friends either.

wan

Awwwwwe, dont be hard on yourself. Saturn on your descendent can point to a late marriage, possibly with someone older and mature, or maybe you'll be the older mature one.
don't give up:)

Thanks for the kind words. And actually, my latest crush has his sun in Capricorn. My saturn on descendant at work here.

wan

Have you figured out your birthtime?

Anyway, the way I see Saturn is that you have to work in whatever area it is. Nothing will come easy. And if you're not being responsible and diligent you'll see no results in that area. So I agree with Fortknight that you may need to try harder.

My partner has Saturn conjunct the DSC (it is also conjunct Pluto) and he's got me, so nope, not doomed. :) He has had no issues finding relationships, but his previous relationship was with a woman almost a decade older. They split during his Saturn Return (I see this happen a lot with natal Saturn in the 7th/DSC, so be glad you're past yours). He sort of expected her to play the Saturn in that relationship because she was older...as a result he learned a lot about taking responsibility in relationships. He's much better off now.

I am about 95% sure about my birth-time. Also thanks for sharing the story of your guy.

Flapjacks

My experience with Saturn/DSC conjunct is that I am attracted to Saturnine type partnerships/partners. You may be more discerning and have high standards your partner must meet, or seek partners that place such demands on you (Saturn and DSC in Virgo).

By Saturnine, I mean relationships where there is a clear maturity vs. youth dynamic and often (in synastry) Saturn will play a strong role.

The most pronounced case was once being attracted to a man who was 40 years older than me. :bandit: My first long term relationship was with someone who has a Capricorn ASC. Wanna know the telling part? For both these men, their Saturn placements are 4 degrees from one another - even though they were born decades apart - and conjunct my ASC, with the elder having the tighter orb. :bandit::bandit::bandit:

I can't say you will of course find someone, but all we can do is keep our hearts and eyes open to the possibility. Saturn won't keep it from happening, it just tells you what you seek in the "other" (Descendant).

ashriia

I dont really get too many chances to go out often, most of the time I just work and then head straight home. I am not into clubbing or bars or anything like that. I try to stay away from online dating because my experience is that people there are either desperate or just trying to get sex.

I think that having a friend introduce me to some of her guy friends is the best approach but sadly I dont have many friends either.

What about the weekends? You don't need to go to clubs or bars to meet someone. Just do more things alone, outside of the house. People often will converse with you if you're out and about and alone and female. I think if you tried more to meet someone, you certainly could. and for the long-haul. saturn is conjunct NN. Ruler of 7th is conjunct the Sun.

comdoc

My 7H is co-ruled by Saturn. May I be candid and direct? Are you looking for a boyfriend (lover) or a lifelong romantic partner (husband)? If lover, look at your 5th House. If life partner, 7th House.

If lover, of course he's interested in sexualove! :biggrin: Your astro model BF has Cancer and Leo qualities. He literally could be a male model *wink* photographer, videographer, graphic designer, actor, or work with youth. Take him home, dine in (Cancer) or to a river, waterfall, fishing. :whistling:

Anyway, your thoughts?

wan

First of all, thanks to all for participating in my thread. Even if I didn't respond to your post/s directly, I read them and took them to heart.

What about the weekends? You don't need to go to clubs or bars to meet someone. Just do more things alone, outside of the house. People often will converse with you if you're out and about and alone and female. I think if you tried more to meet someone, you certainly could. and for the long-haul. saturn is conjunct NN. Ruler of 7th is conjunct the Sun.

I think your advice is definitely sound. I really ought to go out on the weekends. But my interests tend to be quite "anti-social". I mean, I like to read and learn English. I also participate in online forums (this one being one of them) to argue with people. I don't have hobbies that allow me to meet and mingle with many people.

Maybe I should get new hobbies! haha.

wan

My 7H is co-ruled by Saturn. May I be candid and direct? Are you looking for a boyfriend (lover) or a lifelong romantic partner (husband)? If lover, look at your 5th House. If life partner, 7th House.

If lover, of course he's interested in sexualove! :biggrin: Your astro model BF has Cancer and Leo qualities. He literally could be a male model *wink* photographer, videographer, graphic designer, actor, or work with youth. Take him home, dine in (Cancer) or to a river, waterfall, fishing. :whistling:

You asked a very good question. I guess right now I am looking for either one (boyfriend or husband). So I need to look at both houses. But before I can get married I need to have a boyfriend first so I guess the 5th house is definitely where the clues are.

I definitely like people with Cancer qualities. Emotions, sensitivity, imagination,.. etc etc. These sound quite attractive to me. For some strange reason I am not normally attracted to Leos or people with Leo traits. I dont know why.

Blaze

Account Closed
You're not doomed in love, Wan. Come to me, and I shalt hug thee until love is felt. :smile:

OT:I think that, wherever Saturn is placed comes along with despair and skepticism. Despair and skepticism aren't bad things when used in healthy doses, but without the faith (which is Jupiter, imo) to push through said feelings, we tend to get caught in the idea of never ending suffering.

Anyway, My personal opinion is that perhaps you're not getting out there enough. Love is like the lottery; got to be in it to win it.

Don't ever give up though, Wan. :smile:

comdoc

Cancer men born in 2nd half, July 7-22 or so, have Sun trine your 9H Scorpio Moon--so that's good for emotional harmony and feelings. Here is a link that may give you clues about him:

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/cancermanlove.html

You asked a very good question. I guess right now I am looking for either one (boyfriend or husband). So I need to look at both houses. But before I can get married I need to have a boyfriend first so I guess the 5th house is definitely where the clues are.

I definitely like people with Cancer qualities. Emotions, sensitivity, imagination,.. etc etc. These sound quite attractive to me. For some strange reason I am not normally attracted to Leos or people with Leo traits. I dont know why.

wan

Cancer men born in 2nd half, July 7-22 or so, have Sun trine your 9H Scorpio Moon--so that's good for emotional harmony and feelings. Here is a link that may give you clues about him:

http://www.cafeastrology.com/articles/cancermanlove.html

This is definitely a viable strategy. In fact, when I am bored, sometimes I play around with a charting service as to find out what dates "produce" the kind of guy who would suit me the best. Although I would narrow it down to the 14th of July to the end of July. This way the guy would have his Sun around the 22nd degree up to the 30th, which would suit my Scorpio Moon at 25th immensely.

P.s. I also do this for Pisces. Not for Scorpios, though.

katydid

I think you should do some online dating. Who cares if some of the people are there for sexual purposes? It wouldn't hurt you to have a fling or two...:love:

You have Uranus in the 8th. It might wake up your sensuality, sexuality, magnetism, to have a quick romantic affair . Get your feet wet, as they say...:kissing:

The ruler of your Virgo 7th house is Mercury, in your 5th, in Leo. So Love Affairs, impulsive romantic flings, seem to be the answer to finding longer lasting relationships.

You need to loosen up that Saturn, which is guarding the portal to relations. :innocent:

wan

I think you should do some online dating. Who cares if some of the people are there for sexual purposes? It wouldn't hurt you to have a fling or two...:love:

You have Uranus in the 8th. It might wake up your sensuality, sexuality, magnetism, to have a quick romantic affair . Get your feet wet, as they say...:kissing:

The ruler of your Virgo 7th house is Mercury, in your 5th, in Leo. So Love Affairs, impulsive romantic flings, seem to be the answer to finding longer lasting relationships.

You need to loosen up that Saturn, which is guarding the portal to relations. :innocent:

Lol! You certainly made online dating sound very exciting and attractive!

katydid

Lol! You certainly made online dating sound very exciting and attractive!

I know so many people who have met their partners/spouses online. It has some advantages. One nice thing is that you can spend a long time getting to know someone. You can talk online, on the phone, or Skype, and never leave your home.

By the time you actually meet in person, if you decide to do so, you can know someone very well.

I wouldn't meet someone online and go meet them that same day. But if you take your time to get to know them it can be a great way to start a relationship.