Will car be expensive to fix?

Moondancing

Premium Member
This horary is mainly to help me blow off steam and practice writing what I see in a chart. Feel free to add your thoughts.

Yesterday I took my car into get an oil change and ended up having to leave it there because the car would not start. With these new electronic cars the fear that it's going to get expensive to fix. I'm ruled by the Moon in the 3rd house showing my concerns about my car. Second house of money and 3rd of my car are ruled by the Sun badly debilitated in the 12th. Moon squares the Sun showing my worries that all the hidden problems with this car is coming out and it will cost me dearly. This aspect also shows disruption to my daily affairs. Mercury is dispositor of both Moon and Sun possibly describing my fantasies about the troubles that could befall my situation.

Seeing the Sun making a sextile to Uranus (rules repairmen) in the 10th, gives me some relief that the car is in good hands.

Hopefully I'll know by the end of the day what the extent of my troubles with my car will be and the expenses for my car is only in my imagination.

Attachments

• astro_w2at_05_will_car_be_expensive_to_fix_hp.45194.31398.gif
    astro_w2at_05_will_car_be_expensive_to_fix_hp.45194.31398.gif
    64.8 KB · Views: 50

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hello Mondancing,

This is an interesting chart, partly because I have not really seen methods of interpreting something quite like this. I imagine that would be very similar to buying and selling charts, so I guess we will find out.

Moon squares the Sun showing my worries that all the hidden problems with this car is coming out and it will cost me dearly.

I agree, but it's probably more concrete than that. The Moon in the Squares and Opposition of the Sun is very stressful and negative aspect, this Square is probably telling us that more issues will be made known and your pocket book will be hurting rather than just showing the internal issues you are feeling.

In trades, the price of the affair is shown by the Tenth house and its lord, and it's a pretty straightforward consideration where the stronger these placements are the more $$$$ it costs. Here we see that the ruler of the Tenth is Jupiter in Cancer in the First. Ouch! So it seems like it will be quite expensive indeed!

The thing being negotiated about (the car) is the Fourth house and here we see it is represented by Mercury stationing retrograde (pretty good imagery for a car that won't start, eh?) in a sickly Sign in the Twelfth house. So, yes, there's something not right about it. Mercury is being afflicted by Mars in the Fourth house of the car, so there is definitely something wrong with the engine of the vehicle (I wish I knew what a "Libra" part of a car's engine was). I also feel like this due to a mistake made by the mechanic as the Lord of the Seventh is Saturn in Scorpio, retrograde, which sounds like someone with fat fingers having to go back and correct their work.

Let us know how this turns out. I haven't ever done a repair chart before so I am not completely confident I got the correct assignments.

Cap

Yes, assigning significators is interesting task here.

I'd go with 2nd for the car (also Sun in Regiomontanus) - your movable possession. Any other car that is not yours is 3rd.

Mechanic/repairing service is 6th (Jupiter) - servants, work that is done for us.

Following that logic, value of that service is 7th (2nd from 6th).

That leaves us with Saturn. So probably the cost will not be high but this will be substantial amount for you (Saturn in the fall of Moon -you won't like the price).

Moondancing

Premium Member
Hello Mondancing, This is an interesting chart, partly because I have not really seen methods of interpreting something quite like this.

I get the feeling many think like that. Thanks.

The reason I read the chart as mental worry on my part was because the planets were in cadent houses. There isn't any action coming from the angles so I felt my fears were more of a reality than big expensive car repairs.

Experience has shown me the 3rd house rules cars. There's a good article at Skyscript showing how she came to the same conclusion. Plus many lost item charts have demonstrated to me the 3rd rules cars. So the close aspect of the Sun to Uranus in the 10th described to me mechanics who are honorable. Although I agree 6th house show people who give us service and the 7th the cost of their service. Uranus signifies technology and from what I'm learning about what is wrong with the car, it's a part that gives the car it's clever perks.

Yep, Mercury going rx shows a car not starting but being connected to Moon describes my fears. I have the car needing a new engine or this being just the beginning of car troubles.

The mechanics could not get the car started so they had it towed to the dealership at their expense. I'll find out tomorrow what the full extent of my cars troubles might be. With the final Moon aspect a sextile to Jupiter, I feel optimistic. But, I'm also thinking it's possible of getting a big bill.

Last edited:

Moondancing

Premium Member
The car was not expensive to fix. The reason I didn't like the price was because the dealership charges much more than other mechanics for their work. It was a module that needed to be replace and reprogramed for the car's specifications and most mechanics don't have that knowledge. $300.

I have a fun way to prove the 3rd rules cars using Dr. Farr's Magic 8 Ball method. Early this afternoon I asked the horary question "Will I get my car back today?" Using whole houses, Libra is on the second and with Venus the ruler it would give me a 'yes' answer. Scorpio is on the third with Mars the ruler giving me a 'no' answer.

I did not get my car back today. They didn't look at it until the afternoon then ordered the part and said I could pick it up in the morning.

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/char...min=18&lat=33.57&long=81.72&zone=11&e1=0&e2=1

Moondancing

Premium Member
Well, I spoke to soon. Your right KnS the chart was showing the concrete problems with the car. The module that was replaced was suppose to fix my air conditioning problems but it didn't. The compressor needs to be replaced. We are talking in the big bucks territory. Not how I want to spend my money but at least I can pay for it.

Thanks KnS and Cap for your input on this chart. I learned some important lessons.

Last edited:

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Hi Moondancing,

Thank you for the update.

Is your car running now? Were you having issues with the air conditioner before you took it in for an oil change?

Moondancing

Premium Member
Hi Kaiousei:

Yes, the air was not working when I took it to the shop for an oil change. There were several small electrical problems going on that are fixed now the module was replaced. Now the problem with the AC could have possibly been fixed with a simple solution, that is what my hometown mechanics thought. But after it went to the dealership, I have a blown compressor. Nothing I can prove but Saturn sure does seem to tell an unseemly story.

I have the car but need to take it back to have the compressor replaced.

dr. farr

Looking at the original chart with the (non-horary) Magic 8 Ball astro-divination method, and taking the 3rd whole sign house as significator for the car, the 8 Ball indicated (an apparently correct) yes answer to the question about the car repairs being expensive (3rd = Virgo = Mercury = a "yes" answer according to 8 Ball "rules")

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Looking at the original chart (albeit retrospectively) using the "Ankara" method, I think indications of expensive repair are shown:
-querent = 1st house = Cancer = Moon
-$$ = 2nd house = Leo = Sun
-car = 3rd house = Virgo = Mercury
-"treatment of the car" (ie car repairs) = 10th house ("treatments" house) from the 3rd = Gemini = Mercury
a) both car significator and "car treatment (repair)" significator Mercury are in the first house, not far (6 degrees) from the ascending degree, likely suggesting a significant connection of this matter (car repairs) with querent
b) $$ house significator Sun is in querent's 12th house (considered in Vedic tradition as "the house of expenditures") WHICH IS ALSO THE 10TH FROM THE 3RD, IE THE "CAR TREATMENT (REPAIR) HOUSE
c) querent significator Moon is in applying square to $$ significator Sun AND querent significator Moon is making this square (to 12th house Sun) FROM THE 3rd HOUSE (ie from car significator house)
...I think these configurations suggest that the "treatment of the car" (car repairs) would likely cost a good deal of money (ie a "yes" answer to the question)

(Note: although I rarely use the outers in horary, in this particular chart we find Uranus-the "Modernists" significator-as a planet-for cars, engines, etc, in partile opposition to the querent's Part of Fortune-POF @ 16 Libra, Uranus @ 15Aries39)

Moondancing

Premium Member
Nice analysis, Dr. Farr. Yep, one of those charts that every planet tells the same story and you have to be emotionally invested in what you want the outcome to be that you don't see what is clearly in front of you. One of those times I do not like having Jupiter in my first house making a nice sextile to the Moon.