Ascendant

LeoMonk

Hi, I'm doing interpretation of my horoscope and have some problems with interpretation of first house. Ascendant is in the end of Cancer, so great part of Leo is involved + in Leo and I. house are three of planets. So I use general characteristics for Cancer Asc and question is: Should I add general Leo Ascendant characteristics too? If I do I must say Leo and Cancer are kinda contradictory so it make my personality chaotic or somehow split? Thank you for answers.

horoskop-graficky1-700__radix_20-6-1991_07-30.png

three M symbols

Hi

You're a Cancer ASC.
You doesn't have "Leo Ascendant characteristics". But you have characteristics of someone with Leo placements : Jupiter + Venus + Mars in Leo.

What could be important to understand more your Ascendant is the ruler.
Ruler of Cancer is the Moon, your moon is in Libra and 4th house.

LeoMonk

Thanks for reply

I see that Cancer ASC is what I should look for and I already examined ruler of ASC but I have heard that in the first third of life the first third of the house has most effect, second third has it in second third of life atc. based on that I got idea of adding some Leo characteristics, so what about that?

greybeard

The Ascendant and the First house are not synonymous.

The Ascendant proper is the Rising Degree, and only that degree. [The horoskopos].

The First House is that space between the Ascendant and the cusp of the Second House.

Look to the ruler of the Ascendant (and also First House). This planet is "the lord of the horoscope" [horoskopos]. The lady of Cancer is Moon.

Both Cancer and Moon in 4th suggest that issues of home and family, security and nurture, and dependence/self-reliance may be prominent.

By very carefully and thoroughly delineating the Moon, she will give you a sketch of your life. Look at her sign, the condition of her ruler Venus,

greybeard

The Ascendant and the First house are not synonymous.

The Ascendant proper is the Rising Degree, and only that degree. [The horoskopos].

The First House is that space between the Ascendant and the cusp of the Second House.

Look to the ruler of the Ascendant (and also First House). This planet is "the lord of the horoscope" [horoskopos]. The lady of Cancer is Moon.

Both Cancer and Moon in 4th suggest that issues of home and family, security and nurture, and dependence/self-reliance may be prominent.

By very carefully and thoroughly delineating the Moon, she will give you a sketch of your life. Look at her sign, the condition of her ruler Venus, her house, and her aspects.

Remember that the Ascendant depicts conditions at birth, and the scientific maxim that "the initial conditions of anything determine its outcome".

On aspects, other things being equal, applying aspects are stronger than separating. The closer the orb of aspect, the more powerful its influence.

That should get you started.

Last edited: