Using Solar fire to help calculate Moon or other aspects

Kpfornow

Hi. I have Solar Fire version 9 and would like to learn more how to use it to do the calculations needed for predictive astrology.

I can easily cast a chart, and display it via one of the premade horary report charts, so it displays useful information, but while I am learning horary, and reading William Lilly, I know I need to work out aspects that the planets will make. The John Frawley book Sports Astrology feels very helpful, but the language is hard for me to piece together coherently.

As an example, I asked a question earlier today "Will Arsenal get 4th place?" I have attached what I see in Solar fire.

Is everything I need to be aware of, on the attached report? I am studying this topic for the long haul and know I will get better over time, but if anyone with more knowledge can give me some tips or guidance, that would be appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

• SFPage.jpg
    SFPage.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 38

Jibreil

Banned
Hi. I have Solar Fire version 9 and would like to learn more how to use it to do the calculations needed for predictive astrology.

I can easily cast a chart, and display it via one of the premade horary report charts, so it displays useful information, but while I am learning horary, and reading William Lilly, I know I need to work out aspects that the planets will make. The John Frawley book Sports Astrology feels very helpful, but the language is hard for me to piece together coherently.

As an example, I asked a question earlier today "Will Arsenal get 4th place?" I have attached what I see in Solar fire.

Is everything I need to be aware of, on the attached report? I am studying this topic for the long haul and know I will get better over time, but if anyone with more knowledge can give me some tips or guidance, that would be appreciated. Thanks

Janus 5.x is a brilliant software which shows all Moons Aspects, Antiscia etc.

Arc

Hi,

I use solar fire 9 and making my way through Frawley's book on Sports Astrology. I'm focusing on the Event method. Your chart looks good to me, I'm using the Placidus house system with Mean Node. I was using the 1st Horary chart template. ( a person in Solar Fire FaceBook user group recommended that one over the 2nd, forget why) Your Antiscia info is easier to read at a glance.

As you can see I just joined the group, so looking for a thread that discusses this book if there is one. Using Frawley's book in conjunction with a Vedic system that I have more experience with.

Jibreil

Banned
Hi,

I use solar fire 9 and making my way through Frawley's book on Sports Astrology. I'm focusing on the Event method. Your chart looks good to me, I'm using the Placidus house system with Mean Node. I was using the 1st Horary chart template. ( a person in Solar Fire FaceBook user group recommended that one over the 2nd, forget why) Your Antiscia info is easier to read at a glance.

As you can see I just joined the group, so looking for a thread that discusses this book if there is one. Using Frawley's book in conjunction with a Vedic system that I have more experience with.

I've sufficient experience with Frawley's event method, hence I suggest If you do have Vedic experience then I highly recommend that you stick with it.

Arc

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. Did Frawley's event system contain anything that looked promising? The way he was highlighting the moon is what drew me to the book.

Jibreil

Banned
Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. Did Frawley's event system contain anything that looked promising? The way he was highlighting the moon is what drew me to the book.

It isn't a progressive system anymore. Meaning Frawley himself has given up on his method and there isn't anyone who has evolved it after that.

It's better to stick to Vedic or KP as its ever growing and many are switching to it.

Bulletbobb

Frawleys method is completely worthless, and many on the two forums have posted, over the years, to this effect. Throw it in the trash.

CRW