By Sign Or By Orb?

Frisiangal

Originally Posted by Frisiangal
Just want to say that, by revealing my own in and out of sign orbs re: above planets, if any are thinking, 'aha, that's a sign she's an alcoholic to cope with reality', they would be very wrong.
That never even crossed my mind.

Wasn't meant personally at all, katydid, yet 'some astrologers' can see an aspect and automatically develop a conclusion from it.:wink::smile:

dr. farr

For ME (not saying I'm right):

Mostly I deal with aspects (and also with conjunctions) by (tight) orb

HOWEVER...

When I am looking for more general (loose) indications, I follow the oldtime Greco-Roman practice of considering platik aspects (aspects entirely based upon sign). a practice also followed in Vedic astrology to the present time.

aquarius7000

Frisiangal,

I do understand your standpoint, and, though I cannot force you to post your chart, but I do think that I would be able to delineate your relevant area of life without Nep as the ruler of it. Don't get me wrong, I do use the outers, but only with tight orbs to inners and certainly not as rulers.

Oddity

Sun is squared by Mars for me even though Taurus & Cancer are trine signs.

Here's the thing with that aspect, though. Mars does badly in both Cancer and Taurus, or in aspect to anything in Cancer or Taurus. Traditional astrology does not consider trines and sextiles as de facto goods, sometimes they just make it really easy for bad things to happen, depending on the state of the planets involved.

aquarius7000

Sun is squared by Mars for me even though Taurus & Cancer are trine signs.

You might want to look at ignoring the random blue lines shown by astro.com . Think beyond those random lines and consider that the sign energies are much more important and have a real logic to them, which gives an astrologer a fundament to work with. Since Taurus and Cancerian energies trine each other, earth and water like each other to put it in simple language, planets in these signs cannot square each other.

Here's the thing with that aspect, though. Mars does badly in both Cancer and Taurus, or in aspect to anything in Cancer or Taurus. Traditional astrology does not consider trines and sextiles as de facto goods, sometimes they just make it really easy for bad things to happen, depending on the state of the planets involved.
That makes sense.

I don't feel detrimented by my Mars placement mind you it's controlled or becomes instinctual if my protective side needs to come out (family) and it's not shy it's full of rage and physical prescence but that Mars conjuncts Moon 1 degree in 10th conjunct MC in Aries.

Saturn in 6th governed to work until my last day.

Last edited:

Frisiangal

Frisiangal,

I do understand your standpoint, and, though I cannot force you to post your chart, but I do think that I would be able to delineate your relevant area of life without Nep as the ruler of it. .

I think I have supplied all relevant information in this topic regarding interpretting Jupiter.
To recap:

Sag on I.C.,
Pisces on Desc.,
Jupiter in 12th house,
Jupiter's only aspect is applying square to Sun in Taurus in 9th.

I'm already aware of a once inferiority complex (different to 'failure' complex)
that my Sag. Sun husband's 'oratory' style got my Taurus Sun to recognise BS when it heard it, and get its own backside moving. :biggrin:

Apart from 'belief' patterns already mentioned, leaving home never to return (to house), taking up residence abroad, I'd be interested what else that one aspect alone reveals.

Feel free. :smile:

Don't get me wrong, I do use the outers, but only with tight orbs to inners and certainly not as rulers

So how do you see them working?

Jupiter and Saturn are of the traditional 7 planets. Do you count them within the inner circle, or outside of it?

Saturn's only aspect is to Neptune. Does that make it traditionally unaspected?

If my Neptune was in 12th house to 9th house Sun, what would be the difference in interpretation to Jupiter? Would there be one from the traditional viewpoint?

( Virgo Asc.) Precision in the making ?

aquarius7000

Hi,

So how do you see them working?

Jupiter and Saturn are of the traditional 7 planets. Do you count them within the inner circle, or outside of it?

If my Neptune was in 12th house to 9th house Sun, what would be the difference in interpretation to Jupiter? Would there be one from the traditional viewpoint?
I don't like being closed-minded to incoming discoveries and news. That said, being a fixed-sign solar and asc. native, it will take a lot of provable convincing to make me change what I currently live with and believe in - at any given point in time.

I actually started out with modern astrology over a decade ago. However, everytime I would read a delineation of a natal or mundane chart, which used traditional sign rulers, they would completely outshine my working with Nep or Plu as Pisces' and Sco's rulers respectively. I started getting into understanding how Mars made more sense Sco's ruler, and that not just at the level of Mars being agressive or jealous and whatnot one conveniently (I too at that time) associated with Sco., but from the very roots of the planet - right from its humour and temperament. Once all that made so much sense, I started practising it myself and saw that theory actually working on the charts I was working with, one by one. I stuck to practising it quite a few years until I was so convinced that the outers completely faded out for me as sign rulers. However, they still had their role to play when sitting on an angle or being in a one of the mainstream aspects to the luminaries, especially, and to other inner planets, incl. Jupiter and Saturn, since I use the latter as sign rulers.

I will say though that when it comes to the slow moving inners (Jupiter, but much more so Saturn), I will look more closely at the involvement of the fast-moving planets for co-event-triggers. This, of course, is more in predictive astrology. What I can tell you for sure is that the lunar nodes play a very important role when transiting houses and signs. They will seldom transit a house without an event happening, even if not a big one, but they will jolt the house they are going through.

katydid

You might want to look at ignoring the random blue lines shown by astro.com . Think beyond those random lines and consider that the sign energies are much more important and have a real logic to them, which gives an astrologer a fundament to work with. Since Taurus and Cancerian energies trine each other, earth and water like each other to put it in simple language, planets in these signs cannot square each other.

And to put it into even simpler language, yes they can be squaring each other, if they are 90 degrees apart. Technically they are in a square aspect, no matter what sign they are placed in.

What if they were in a sidereal zodiac, and the signs coincided with a square---would this same chart suddenly have a square, according to your rules?

Geometry is geometry, regardless of the zodiacal references.

AppLeo

And to put it into even simpler language, yes they can be squaring each other, if they are 90 degrees apart. Technically they are in a square aspect, no matter what sign they are placed in.

What if they were in a sidereal zodiac, and the signs coincided with a square---would this same chart suddenly have a square, according to your rules?

YES.

Our zodiac isn't perfect. I mean honestly, are the astrological heavens really divided perfectly in 12 signs???

Like that just doesn't make sense. We like to think it does, but it doesn't.

I have Moon and Mercury conjunct. In traditional astrology they aren't conjunct because my merc is in leo and my moon is in virgo. But vedic astrology they are conjunct.

In my opinion, the zodiac signs blend into one another.

I also think the out-of-sign aspects work a bit differently. They're totally there, the energies just have different ways of coming out.

aquarius7000

This is Astrology - not geometry or maths. Everything is energy based, not angle based. Energy goes ahead of angles here. [deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

AppLeo

This is Astrology - not geometry or maths. Everything is energy based, not angle based, unless one is confused. Energy goes ahead of angles here.
[deleted attacking comment - Moderator]

Math is the language of the universe though. It literally is. Math and Astrology go hand and hand. Math is the practical and objective language that we use to literally calculate matter and energy. LITERALLY.

There's a reason why trines are the easiest. They are 120 degrees. They make triangles. Triangles are the most powerful building blocks in the universe.

Same with sextiles. You can see hexagons in bee hives because they're a great basic structure.

Things made out of squares have to be perfected and get "worn out" over time because there's a sense of tension with them. People in the modern world agonize for perfect geometric modern furniture with smooth surfaces and flat tops.

And then 180 degrees is like half of a circle so like yeahhh... if you add all the angles of a triangle it will always equal 180.

And then the conjunct is obvious.

Ignoring these numbers because of some signs is ridiculous.

Last edited by a moderator:
Math is the language of the universe though. It literally is. Math and Astrology go hand and hand. Math is the practical and objective language that we use to literally calculate matter and energy. LITERALLY.

There's a reason why trines are the easiest. They are 120 degrees. They make triangles. Triangles are the most powerful building blocks in the universe.

Same with sextiles. You can see hexagons in bee hives because they're a great basic structure.

Things made out of squares have to be perfected and get "worn out" over time because there's a sense of tension with them. People in the modern world agonize for perfect geometric modern furniture with smooth surfaces and flat tops.

And then 180 degrees is like half of a circle so like yeahhh... if you add all the angles of a triangle it will always equal 180.

And then the conjunct is obvious.

Ignoring these numbers because of some signs is ridiculous.

Well said. Worst aspect truthfully is an opposition.

Saturn in my case and Pluto to Moon & Mars.

I have Mercury conjunct my Asc but 12th house.

So houses are sharing energy. Sun & Jupiter in Cancer also share my 12th house.

My charts high point is Moon and it's powered with Mars well both power each other in tandem.

Cap dominant even above my Sun.

AppLeo

I have Mercury conjunct my Asc but 12th house.

So houses are sharing energy. Sun & Jupiter in Cancer also share my 12th house.

My charts high point is Moon and it's powered with Mars well both power each other in tandem.

Cap dominant even above my Sun.

Thanks for telling me more about you, Leo Asc.