zodiacangel

Astrologers

I am worried. Am I pregnant?

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_pregnant.37026.23379.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_pregnant.37026.23379.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 52

SteveGus

Ascendant is the barren sign Virgo, ruled by Mercury in the barren sign of Aries. Ascendant ruler is in a bad house and applying aspect to a malefic.

Ruler of the fifth house of children is Capricorn, usually considered a barren sign, but not nearly as barren as Virgo. And Mercury applies trine to Saturn. Neither Mercury nor Saturn would seem to me to be a natural significator for pregnancy. If being pregnant is unwanted, though, it may indicate that the misfortune is coming to pass.

Moon is in the fruitful sign of Scorpio, though. Moon is also separated from opposition to Mercury and now out of sign for the opposition, so the Moon offers no help.

My impression is that the answer -probably- is 'no'. But there are mixed signals in this chart, especially if pregnancy is an unfortunate rather than a fortunate event for you.

I'd get that tested the usual way.

rafaella

Astrologers

I am worried. Am I pregnant?

I think there is possibility, there is aspect between Mercury and Saturn, but negative reception. Mercury with Uranus, an accident, surprises. Saturn is rx, which is good if you don't want to be pregnant. Not seeing fullterm pregnancy.

Please update!

SteveGus

Good.

FWIW, Lilly's aphorisms about pregnancy all seem to assume that the pregnancy was desired. (significator in a 'good house; aspected by a benefic, etc.) You wonder what the signs would be if the pregnancy were unwanted.

Jlynn

Premium Member
I thought, if the ruler of the fifth house was Capricorn, a person could have a pregnancy past their prime? I read, Aries, Gemini, Leo and Virgo, are the usual barren signs if on the 5th house cusp? Can you tell me why Capricorn is considered barren?

Ascendant is the barren sign Virgo, ruled by Mercury in the barren sign of Aries. Ascendant ruler is in a bad house and applying aspect to a malefic.

Ruler of the fifth house of children is Capricorn, usually considered a barren sign, but not nearly as barren as Virgo. And Mercury applies trine to Saturn. Neither Mercury nor Saturn would seem to me to be a natural significator for pregnancy. If being pregnant is unwanted, though, it may indicate that the misfortune is coming to pass.

Moon is in the fruitful sign of Scorpio, though. Moon is also separated from opposition to Mercury and now out of sign for the opposition, so the Moon offers no help.

My impression is that the answer -probably- is 'no'. But there are mixed signals in this chart, especially if pregnancy is an unfortunate rather than a fortunate event for you.

I'd get that tested the usual way.

Jlynn

Premium Member
You have a point there... I know someone trying to get pregnant and cannot. She has Cancer in the 11th with a Lilith placement... 5th house Capricorn, Virgo rising, and Aquarius, sun sign.

rafaella

I thought, if the ruler of the fifth house was Capricorn, a person could have a pregnancy past their prime? I read, Aries, Gemini, Leo and Virgo, are the usual barren signs if on the 5th house cusp? Can you tell me why Capricorn is considered barren?

Capricorn is not the issue in this chart, its the Lord of 5th which is Saturn being retrograde. Capricorn is not the most fertile sign, but it doesn't deny pregnancy.

Natal chart works differently.

SteveGus

I suppose that since Virgo is the barren sign par excellence, it makes little difference whether the pregnancy is welcome or not if it's rising.