Will I get out of that class?

Bunraku

I've been trying for weeks, months now, to get out of the (art history) class. The teacher is very anal, fixated, whatever it is that involves power issues- that type of personality trait and is really annoying. It reflects on her teaching too!

5Qb4twm.jpg

Last edited:

waybread

Be careful-- you know the old saying, "What you say is what you are." You might have the Wicked Witch of the West for an art teacher, and still not be able to withdraw from her class.

Can you tell me whether what level of course this is? High school, for example, would be a different house and significator than a university course. (3rd vs. 9th.)

I've looked at both possibilities, and I don't think this will pan out for you, either way. I could be wrong: really it is up to your school administrators and course withdrawal rules.

You are represented by Saturn. The 3rd house is ruled by Mars; and the 9th house, by Venus. Venus also rules the fine arts. As an authority figure, your teacher might be a 10th house significator, also ruled by Mars and with Saturn placed there.

Venus is combust and has no essential dignity. Mars is in detriment in Libra. Saturn lacks essential dignity in Scorpio. Mostly these planets plus the moon have no contact are moving towards squares are oppositions, suggesting further tension. The moon is strong in Cancer, but we take off a few points for her 6th house location. The moon will move towards a trine with Saturn, but not till she has created more aggravation in the situation.

I wonder if your teacher's hands are tied by administrative school rules. If not, as a former teacher myself, I can say that sometimes a teacher just has to let the failing students fail, simply to be fair to the hard-working students who are putting in the effort.

So it looks like your best hope is to be nice to your teacher, regardless of what you think of her. Sort of like what mature people do to get along in life when they want something from someone else.

Last edited:

Bunraku

It's highschool. Some backstory: Everyone were fighting hard to get out of her class, until one day, we couldn't take it anymore and we rallied and marched down to an administrator. The administrator (she) talked to her, but I don't know what she said to her(the teacher) exactly. She(teacher) reluctantly let everyone else out, but she wouldn't let me out. Getting out of a class is very easy, just let a teacher sign a slip that says I can get out. The problem is that she's not signing it. :andy: The counselor says he's happy to switch me to other classes as long as she signs the slip. I have switched classes many times, and none of my previous teachers ever had any problems with letting students out of their classes. I've also talked to other teachers about the whole ordeal and they say that a teacher is not supposed to refuse a student who wants to get out.

So now my parents are emailing her telling her to get me out, which is really silly.

I have an A in that class, I never had failed a class before.

I'm very kind to the teacher, very nice and pleasant. I'm just getting frustrated of being in there. I guess I'll just hope for the best then.

Anyways, Thank you for your response, Waybread. :)

waybread

You are welcome. It looks like you would say things on a public Internet forum that you would not say to her face. But good for you if you are getting an A in that class. Usually it isn't the top students who apply to withdraw from a class. Why not stay in and keep the A? Oh, well. NOMB.

Bunraku

I didn't say anything mean, I'm just mentioning the type of person she is.
I told her I don't like the way the class is set up in a very polite + constructive way. She already knows that she comes across that way.

*shrugs*

Last edited:

Jesse Booth

What I reccomend is getting a reason that sounds more "legitimate" than having a problem with the teacher's personality. For exmple, if you were interested in a career pathway, or had another class you need to get a scholarship(chemistry and at least 3 AP classes are needed for HOPE here in Georgia)? Try to find out the counselor and the teacher's birthdays(I reccomend Facebook) and choose a favorable time to ask the question to both of them. Or ask them seperately. You could send me your chart via private message, and I may be able to reccomend a good approach for you to use(unless you have a strong gemini influence, then you won't need me for that). If you need anything else or have more questions, just leave a comment on my page(ignore the fact that I talk to myself using the comments section. I got bored.).

waybread

I didn't say anything mean, I'm just mentioning the type of person she is.
I told her I don't like the way the class is set up in a very polite + constructive way. She already knows that she comes across that way.

*shrugs*

Sure, but isn't this from your perspective? What about her perspective, or your school administrators' perspective? Nobody is objectively "anal" (to quote you.) I am not saying she is a great teacher. But I have learned the hard way that there are more than two sides to every story. Try to put yourself in her shoes. It may not be necessary from the standpoint of this particular course, but it will expand your compassion as a human being.

Bunraku

@Jesse Booth:
That's what I'm doing. I told her I wanted to switch to a computer course because I planned on taking computer courses in college, but she sneered at me and said art history will serve me more purpose in the future. :andy:
Thank you, I'll try to get it.

@waybread:
Reading your post gave me an aha moment. :sideways:

Bunraku

I didn't update, sorry about that. It did get more tense not long after this thread was created. She yelled at me with a prepared speech then kicked me out when I visited her class. The administrator and counselor made it so that my Dad and the teacher could communicate through email because of my Dad's busy schedule, but the teacher ignored the emails and started forging my grades in an attempt to keep me in.
I got out of that class anyways, I had to get an administrator to sign the form instead.

I couldn't figure out the teacher's birthdays. Sorry about that.

I was a very good student to her, I just wanted to get out. The class was toxic to my well-being. :sick:

I shouldn't have been so childish and emotional at the beginning of the thread. Sorry about that too! :whistling: