Is the rumour true?

blumen

The other day I got the news that my friend U… finally got committed to some woman. We live in different countries and I should be seeing him in September. The question was: is this rumour true?

Here is the chart:

rton.gif

I used Lilly and Gadbury’s rules as summarized by Lehman.

1. The rumour is true if the lord of the ascendant, the Moon or the dispositor of the Moon are in fixed signs, not cadent from the angles and in good aspect to Jupiter, Venus and the Sun.
The lord of the Ascendant – Jupiter - is angular and in a fixed sign. It is in its terms and retrograde, and casts a bad aspect to Venus.
The Moon is in a fixed sign, in a succedent house, in the terms of Saturn – a malefic – and in bad aspect to Venus and Jupiter. Anyway it casts a sextile to the Sun.
The dispositor of the moon is the Sun. the sun is in a mutable sign, but cadent.

Judging from only this rule, as the majority of the conditions apply, this rumour should be true. Let’s see if other rules confirm this.

2. If the Moon, is cadent from the angles and afflicted, the rumour is false.
The Moon is besieged and in a succedent house. It is in the terms of Saturn. As we have seen, it casts bad aspects to Jupiter and Venus. According to this rule the rumour is false.

3. If all four angles are in fixed signs AND the Moon and Mercury are in fixed signs too, separating from malefics and applying to an angular benefic, the rumour is true.
No angles are in fixed signs. The AC in is a mutable sign, the IC is in a cardinal sign, the MC is in a cardinal sign and the seventh is in a mutable sign. The Moon is in a fixed sign, but mercury is in a mutable one. Mercury is VOC and in opposition to Pluto, a modern malefic. The Moon is besieged. According to these indications the rumour is false

4. if the MC/IC axis is in fixed signs, and the Moon rules either the fourth or the tenth house, the rumour is true. The MC/IC axis is in cardinal signs, and the Moon does not rule the fourth or the tenth house either. The rumour should therefore be false.

5. If a benefic is in the first house, but the Moon is unfortunate the rumour is false or misleading. In this case, there are no benefics in the first, and the Moon is unfortunate. The rumour is false.

6. If Merury is retrograde or debilitated, the rumour is false. In this case mercury is strong, but VOC, and going peregrine. The rumour should be false.

7. If the planet to whom Mercury or the Moon next apply are afflicted the rumour is false.
Mercury next applies to Venus. Venus is quite strong, but afflicted by the lord of the ascendant.
The Moon next applies to Jupiter. Jupiter is in mixed conditions, on one hand it is angular, on the other is retrograde, and not very dignified in Scorpio.

The chart shows two opposition axes: Venus opposes Jupiter. This opposition falls between the tenth and the fourth. Venus rules love affairs, Jupiter is a significator of words and the written word too. Scorpio is a cunning sign, and the retrogradation of Jupiter may mean that the rumour is true in part, but it has been distorted. This seems to be confirmed by the second opposition we can see in this chart. Pluto, the modern ruler of Jupiter, is in the first. It is “visible” in a sense. It opposes Mercury. What can be more cunning than this? Also notice how the two oppositions take place between the first and the seventh, and the fourth and the tenth. These houses are related to the “public”. The rumour is being spread, but most of the rules indicate that it is false.

I concluded the following: U. has some kind of affair, hence the rumour is true, but only in part. The news about his being committed to this woman have been largely amplified (Jupiter) and distorted (Pluto opposes Mercury) and in part may have been fabricated.

I would appreciate your comments,

Blumen

Last edited:

fensi88

To be true:
1. the angles must be in fixed signs
2. lord 1, lord 3, the Moon and the Moon's dispositor must be in fixed sigsn and angular houses
or at least in fixed signs and succedent houses

In this chart

1. 0:1 for false
2. lord 1 and lord 3 and Moon in fix sign and angular or succedent houses 3:0 for true
Moon's dispositor in mutable and cadent house 0:1 for false

So 3:2 for true rumour. And that Nort node in 3 house I do not know how to explain it... and I have dilemma about ruler of 1 and ruler of 3 because it is retrograde maybe it is some sign of false?

blumen

fensi88 said:
and I have dilemma about ruler of 1 and ruler of 3 because it is retrograde maybe it is some sign of false?

This is what I thought too. I applied Lilly's and Gadbury's rules about rumours. According to the first rule, the rumour should have been true. All the other rules say it's false. There are other elements you mentioned that look quite strange. I think that the news about U. has been exagerated.

Blumen

Wave

Hi Blumen,

why don't you ask your friend if it is true or not? If you are friends - than it should not be such a big deal to contact him and find out. It seems that maybe you inquire about some ex- girlfriend of yours, don't you?

Wave.

Last edited:

Summery Joy

Bluemen,

Is this chart of when you first thought of the horary or the event chart of when you heard the news?

The event chart should be more accurate.