will i get this job?

bittermoon

I had an interview this morning for a part time office job. I really want this job, as it means I can move to a different city and start my life again (after having spent many years abroad).

I am not good at horary, but here's what I came up with:

- Cancer rising, so my significator is the Moon, which is in Sag 6th house. Moon rules the planetary hour, which matches the Ascendant.
- The job: if I look at it as a career it's the 10th house, which is Aquarius, ruled by Saturn in the 5th. If I look at it as a regular job, it could be the 6th house, which is in Scorpio, ruled by Mars in the 2nd.
- If we use the 10th house, and Aquarius, there is no aspect between Moon and Saturn, so the answer would be no
-If we use the 6th house, and Scorpio, there is a separating square. That doesn't look so good, either, does it?
Can somebody please help? I will find out next week.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_222_will_i_get_this_job_hr.43875.55661.jpg
    astro_2gw_222_will_i_get_this_job_hr.43875.55661.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

SagiCap

Hey! I think your Moon will come to sextile Saturn Rx in 9-units. There may be a chance. A sextile is an opportunity, a trine would have been more reliable to see here. My major concern is that the job ruler is in Rx mode and that could be taking the offer back, or them giving you an initial verbal affirmation and then not backing it up with a contract. You're separting from a retro Mars malefic, so that is good in easing your troubles for the moment. I hope someone more adept can help you better than I. Best of luck.

bittermoon

Thank you kindly for your interpretation. The job ruler being Rx is a bit of a concern. At this place they will not consider even regular short term contracts. It will be free-lance, which is in a way very good for me, too but will bring very little in the way of stability. I am still keeping my fingers crossed, because I see tremendous opportunity for growth (it's a pretty new endeavour). Thanks again.

bittermoon

Sagicap, you were right, or at least very close. It initially seemed like it was a yes, but when it came to discussing money, they do not have the budget to pay me according to my skills and experience. So, unfortunately, it is a no.

I really wanted this job, but I have to trust that it wasn't right for me, and something more suitable is coming up.

SagiCap

Sagicap, you were right, or at least very close. It initially seemed like it was a yes, but when it came to discussing money, they do not have the budget to pay me according to my skills and experience. So, unfortunately, it is a no.

I really wanted this job, but I have to trust that it wasn't right for me, and something more suitable is coming up.

You probably don't want a retrograde Saturn job anyway. I'm happy to hear you made a wise decision. (If they can't even pay your worth, then there is no future with them anyway.)

Really appreciate that you updated this too. As far as I'm concerned, it's the only way to learn.

I wish you the best going further. Upwards and onwards!

bittermoon

Well, it wasn't me who made the decision, they did. I was actually prepared to work for a lot less than I'm worth, just to get started again. However, I still feel something good is waiting there for me, so I'm not heartbroken about it. It's the constant disappointment that tends to wear me down at times. I'm sure there's also a lesson in that.

Thank you for your kind words. Upwards and onwards it is :)

dr. farr

(Following is a test of the experimental Walis Magic 8 Ball method of astrodivination and is not standard horary practice; following uses whole sign house format)

Now that this is a known outcome question (unfortunately a "no" answer) I would like to see what the mechanical Magic 8 Ball method would have shown:

-I would have taken the 10th whole sign house as quesited signifying house
-Aries is on the 10th, which = Mars which = a "no" answer according to 8 Ball rules
-suppose, instead, we decided to take the Lot of Employers (moon+saturn-jupiter) as significator: the Lot of Employers falls @ 14 Gemini*, which sign (Gemini) posits the SN which = a "no" answer according to the 8 Ball

Both ways of judging the quesited significator resulted in a (correct) no answer using the Magic 8 Ball divination.

Suppose, instead of taking the 10th house, or the Lot of Employers, we had chose instead to use the Lot of Success (ascendant+jupiter-POF) to indicate our signifying sign/house: the Lot of Success falls @ 12 Cancer, which = the Moon which = a "maybe" answer by the 8 Ball "rules"; certainly, for the update, things were rather close to +, until the $ for your value entered the equation.

(relative to more "regular" horary, note that the Lot of Employers falls in your 12th whole sign house-connected with the SN! within a couple of degrees!!! This suggests that it would not have been a good job for you even if you had obtained it!)

bittermoon

Thank you, dr. Farr. Especially the last sentence helps me. I kind of knew that already, but it's nice to see it coming from somebody else.

Anachiel

I just have to say; I find it odd how this didn't work out for you.

The Moon, you, was in square to Mars, the job. That alone proves difficult. But, the Moon now moves to a sextile of the Sun, right on the 10th, the job. This tells me that there should be a job with this person/place in the future. Especially since the moon is in a powerful mutual reception with Jupiter (in the 11th!), who also rules part of the 10th.

Mercury, who is also in the 10th, is trine your ASC. I wouldn't entirely give up on them.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Personally (my opinion), looking at the chart from a more standard horary perspective, it had a good deal of strength, but I think that the cadent (by whole sign) situation of the Moon (querent's significator), its being sign-opposite to the SN (the SN itself posited in the 12th house, "undercurrents", "hidden influences"), and the Lot of Employers itself being in the 12th house, and within orb of conjunction with the SN, the Lot of Employers significator Mercury being in its detriment, and significator Moon making no applying aspect to Lot of Employers significator Mercury, all acting together, might account for the disappointing outcome.

bittermoon

I had a pretty good feeling about the interview, and we'd have contact about the money after the weekend, so both parties could think about it. But it was never discussed. They basically withdrew their 'offer' (if you can call it that), and said I had too much experience for the position, and they can't pay me accordingly. I did not ask for that, but it was no longer up for discussion.

I did send them a thank you note for taking the time to meet with me. I do have a feeling that our paths might cross again in the future. If so, I will update.

Thank you all for your contributions and help. It's much appreciated.