Advice on evolution mother-daughter relationship

Soulstice

Account Closed
Hello

I'm looking for advice on me and my mother's relationship and its progress. I'm feeling frustrated and suffocated at the moment, and very uneasy. I feel I want to 'get out', but I am stuck. It feels like I'm confronted with reality, for some reason. It's something I would like to escape, and deny (to be honest). However, I could be wrong and imagine all of this. Perhaps I'm too focused on all of it.

Please, can someone give me some insights? Below, you find my natal chart, my current transit chart and the same for my mother, as well as our synastry chart. Let me know if you need other charts/information

Thank you in advance, I'm grateful for your answers.

Attachments

• mother transithoroscope-synastry-chart19-700__transits-astroseek2_10-4-1957_12-00_a_20-7-2021_22.jpg
    mother transithoroscope-synastry-chart19-700__transits-astroseek2_10-4-1957_12-00_a_20-7-2021_22.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 16
  • daughter transit horoscope-synastry-chart19-700__transits-astroseek2_27-5-1993_16-37_a_20-7-2021.jpg
    daughter transit horoscope-synastry-chart19-700__transits-astroseek2_27-5-1993_16-37_a_20-7-2021.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 15
  • mama_marie_horoscope-synastry-chart8-700__astroseek-27-5-1993_16-37_p_10-4-1957_12-00.jpg
    mama_marie_horoscope-synastry-chart8-700__astroseek-27-5-1993_16-37_p_10-4-1957_12-00.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 19
  • horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-10-4-1957_12-00_mama.jpg
    horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-10-4-1957_12-00_mama.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 14
  • horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-27-5-1993_16-37_marie.jpg
    horoscope-chart8-700__radix_astroseek-27-5-1993_16-37_marie.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 13

ElenaJ

The mother/daughter relationship is probably the most fundamental one in terms of our development and soul expression. It can be the most nurturing or the most challenging relationship in our lives.
In astrology traditionally the father was assigned to the 4th house, and his spouse to the 10th, which is the 7th from the 4th. Modern astrologers invert this with the reasoning that the 4th house represents the family, home, roots, nurturing, etc, all of which are themes of motherhood, so that the 4th is assigned to the mother, and the 10th, which represents the world outside the home and family, as the father.
This is a basic choice to be made for interpretation, and I prefer to follow the latter, assigning the 4th to the mother.
Others who write on this thread may not do so, and will invert the houses. Just to be clear about these two possibilities.
So, having said this, we should first look at your natal to see what the mother will be like in your life.
We have Capricorn on the 4th that represents your childhood home, family, and mother, with Neptune and Uranus located there. This sets the basic theme, and we see how the energy will be manifested. Capricorn is a very ambitious and tradition-minded sign, it is active in a concrete way, but not overly affectionate and emotional. Neptune is religious and spiritual in its positive expression, and can be weak, deceptive, and somewhat up in the air like clouds. Uranus here is disruptive, it is very individualistic so that everyone will do their own thing, it brings about unexpected changes, it is unique, and there can be an urge to split and go off on one's own without maintaining the family tie.
These two planets are in almost exact square to Venus, your ascendent ruler and affection/love. So we see there is a tension to be expected in this area.
This roughly describes what we can expect to find with your home and your mother.
Pity you don't have your mother's birth time, as we can't look at her 5th house of children.
She is an Aries with both sun and Venus there, impulsive, strong willed, putting herself forward in an aggressive way. Venus in Aries is passionate but not affectionate.
It isn't surprising that she is an Aries, since the daughter's ascendent or descendent often is in the mother's sun sign. When a woman gives birth, her sun is often rising or setting at the moment of birth, as though she is expelling into the world a new life that carries her imprint, and that sign becomes the daughter's ascendent or descendent.
She has no planets in Capricorn, so let's look at Saturn. In sagittarius it is exactly opposite mars! This is one of the most difficult aspects to handle in a natal chart. Two planets in completely opposing energies, they do not blend to make an average, but work in a seesaw manner, so that it alternates between aggression and apathy, enthusiasm and lack of purpose and drive. In addition the opposition is in mutable signs, so that a sense of solidness and continuity is absent. Saturn is tradition and conforming to authority, while mars is wilfulness and aggression. This mirrors the Uranus in Capricorn we saw in the 4th house.
She luckily has Saturn in a trine with her sun/venus conjunction that helps to give support and balance, but mars is on its own with no other means of expression aside from the Saturn opposition!
Her sun/venus is in the "me too, me first" sign.
Her moon is in the sign of the ego, Leo, with a conjunction to powerful Pluto that wants to dominate, impose and transform.
This is a very conflicted and powerful person.
The Venus/sun is charming and sweet but there is a powerhouse underneath!
So now, coming back to you, your Venus is also in Aries, and conjunct her sun/venus! This is really a lovely contact for any relationship. This shows an underlying affection between the two that goes a long way to cover other tensions.
The mars/saturn opposition of your mother at 14 sag/gemini lies almost exactly across your SN/NN axis at 12 degrees. This is very karmic. The south node is your past, the areas where you give way, what you have already learned, the north node is where you are heading in this lifetime. Your sun/mercury midpoint sits right over her opposition.
This is very powerful energy to be exchanging between two persons.
Your sun/mercury midpoint is also on your south node, so there is a link here to karma to be worked out within yourself.
These aspects have a nice sextile to your mars while helps keep balance in things.
And where is your mars? In Leo, just like hers, along with your moon, just like hers!
There is a lot of mirroring going on between the two of you!
Returning to the Neptune/uranus conjunction in your 4th house, looking at her chart we see an almost exact square between Neptune and Uranus. And they both tie in with your Saturn at 0 degrees.
So they are all reflecting the 4th house energy described above.
You two have natal Pluto square as well, opening the door to dependency issues, possessive/obsessive behaviour, fight to the finish for control. This also shows generational differences because of the slow movement of Pluto.
The recent Uranus, Saturn and Pluto transits have been igniting several of the hot points in your synastry. Being similar but different, in a relationship that necessarily entails control (by the parent) and obedience is an enormous challenge.
You also have your Pluto on her south node, so this war of wills between you is carried over from the past, and is one of the issues you have to work out in this lifetime.
You have a moon/pluto square so the same instinct that underlies your mother's chart is also in yours.
Your sun/jupiter trine keeps you positive and hopeful, although her Uranus is at the midpoint
and it sometimes feels like she is pulling the rug out from underneath you.
The relationship is more challenging than easy but there is a purpose to it all.
It would be helpful if you were to post a composite chart of the two natals, so see how all this energy works out in the relationship.
Also, take a look at your progressed chart to see why now, what it is that is pushing you at the moment? This will give a clue to what areas you have to work on.
It seems that most of us have either love or hate relationships with our mothers, or daughters depending on the situation, and very few just neutral contacts. Sometimes we manage to work them out, sometimes we can't. It is important though to understand what the underlying mechanism is, so we can try to resolve the issues within ourselves for our own growth.
There is a reason we came into the world with this particular mother.
And at the end of the day, more understanding should make us more generous and point us toward a solution for a peaceful relationship, even though many times it involves a lot of biting our tongue and holding back words.
Not easy but that's what we are here for, no? All we have in reality is each other.
Hope this is helpful.