Geminis, how much do you want to communicate?

Witchyone

Geminis, do you often use words that are associated with cerebral activity? I notice that I use the word "think" a lot.

I use "I" statements a lot. It's a habit that started long ago, because I learned it was the best way to put forth an opinion without starting a fight. I've noticed lately that the downside is I say "I" all the freaking time. It must seem egotistical.

Anyway, I think I use "I feel" more. But I just wrote "I think" to say that, so I don't know.

Signed,
I
(Me)

david starling

I use "I" statements a lot. It's a habit that started long ago, because I learned it was the best way to put forth an opinion without starting a fight. I've noticed lately that the downside is I say "I" all the freaking time. It must seem egotistical.

Anyway, I think I use "I feel" more. But I just wrote "I think" to say that, so I don't know.

Signed,
I
(Me)

Aye, m8y! :lol:

corvidcatharsis

Geminis, do you often use words that are associated with cerebral activity? I notice that I use the word "think" a lot.

I use terms from my brief stint as a Cognitive Science major, e.g. working memory, processing speed, executive functioning weaknesses. I also use a lot of verbs about thinking like contemplate, ponder, analyze, and critique.

I clicked on this topic today because I thought it was funny how relevant it was. I'm studying visual art at the moment and we had critiques today (critiques are feedback sessions). I have the reputation of having a lot to say about people's work and my classmates like it because it makes them think. They rely on me to keep the conversation going in that context.

In other environments, though, I can be withdrawn or even shy. My ascendant is Pisces and I can seem more pliant and passive than I really am. I get more comfortable and then bam! Here comes the sun (sign). I talk a lot. When I get going, it's like a basement flooding. I don't relate to the social butterfly stereotype of Gemini. Communication is more about ideas than people for me. I'd rather be in a class discussion than at a party.

I do flit from one idea to another. My speech is often tangential or syntopical, littered with free associations of allusions to a variety of fields. I used to do improv and my speech is still very improvisational.

I like writing a lot too but creative writing is better for me than academic writing. The structure of academic writing always feels stilted and artificial when applied to the non-linear quality of my thoughts.

Sometimes my brain just gets too full and starts to over-spill its contents.

Gemini888

A lot of Pisces-influenced Geminis here. So much feeling :)

And also, do you think you are curious? Do you ask and explore a lot? I think my Gemini side is showing here because I ask a lot of questions.

Lin

I don't know if the Sun represents "who we want to be"......so much as a "mandate" to live out the energy of that sign....
We may "want to be" a combination of the Sun and Moon....and Venus and Mars also...as Venus and Mars are the male and female inherent in all of us.

Our Venus sign can be (and often is) in a different sign from our Sun; and our Moon can be literally in any sign.

Neptune conj any personal planet or angle can confuse our identity and deceive us as to who we actually are....or can delude us into thinking we are something other than who we are....or just block our real identities from our thinking minds.

This is why we can't "generalize" in this area - or really, any area- we are all "snowflakes!":surprised:
LIN

Jent

Hi all! My ascendant is Gemini and my mercury is in the 3rd house. My sun sign is cancer and moon is libra. I only realised recently my need for communication. Former boyfriends and told me I am an excellent writer and very happy around people. I love having deep conversations with people and learning new things from the people around me! Oh I ask a lot of questions too! I want to know everything!

Last edited:

david starling

I don't know if the Sun represents "who we want to be"......so much as a "mandate" to live out the energy of that sign....
We may "want to be" a combination of the Sun and Moon....and Venus and Mars also...as Venus and Mars are the male and female inherent in all of us.

Our Venus sign can be (and often is) in a different sign from our Sun; and our Moon can be literally in any sign.

Neptune conj any personal planet or angle can confuse our identity and deceive us as to who we actually are....or can delude us into thinking we are something other than who we are....or just block our real identities from our thinking minds.

This is why we can't "generalize" in this area - or really, any area- we are all "snowflakes!":surprised:
LIN

Excellent thinking! I have a somewhat different opinion, but only because I consider the Ascendant a Solar indicator (intersection of Sun's geocentric path with the eastern horizon), and I'm using it for the "mandate to live out the energy of that sign", as you so well described it. And, I have the Sun-sign as how we best "apply" our energy.
I'm also using the Ascendant for self-image, along with the Sun. This is because the Asc locates the 1st House, which involves the self; and, how we function best (the Sun) plays into one's identity as well.

Last edited:

Gemini888

I can see the main theme of Gemini (at least from people replying to this thread) is knowledge. Some interesting facts are discussed, and some people said that they want to know things.

Witchyone

I can see the main theme of Gemini (at least from people replying to this thread) is knowledge. Some interesting facts are discussed, and some people said that they want to know things.

It's true. I'm one of the most curious people I know. I spend a lot of my free time doing nerdy things like studying history or science for fun. History, in particular, is so interesting now. I lacked the experience or context to enjoy it when I studied it in school. Actually, all books are better now that I'm older and understand more.

corvidcatharsis

LIN

I also feel that the sun sign is a form of mandate. For me it is what I am good at, what ultimately characterizes me, my essence. I think of my ascendant as being the version of me most noticeable at first meeting or early on in my acquaintance with someone.

Thus the ascendant and the sun sign to me seem like the top note and base note of a perfume. The top note is most immediately noticeable and more ephemeral. It wafts into your nose then dissipates, letting the other fragrances take over. The base note lasts the longest but is noticeable less quickly. That would leave the moon sign as the heart note in the middle, but I don't know that the metaphor fits perfectly. I think it's charmingly evocative though.

As for wanting to be a combination of the sun and moon or Venus and Mars? They all affect who I am to some degree, their placements filling my personality with contrasts, conflicts, and contradictions. While sometimes that is a good thing, at other times it can be very unwanted! But I think it would be worse to be static. But then again I am mutable through and through...

Meluzina

Sun, Moon, Mercury RX in gemini. I say what is needed and what others want to know especially when others can't provide that information. I do not like communication for the sake of communication, for just screaming hey, I am here, yo hooo! or saying something just because you were too lazy to think before it. I do not like saying things that contribute to nothing. I am still traumatized from high school class where the teacher asked the most trivial question just to check if kids aren't sleeping and I had to wait another 15 minutes before everyone squeezed their primitive answer out like little dogs that were asked to sit and now they feel almighty from being able to commit that heroic task, but when he asked something demanding thinking - silence. When I'm looking for an answer to a question on a forum and 99% of answers consists of "well I do not know that but (5 lines of pointless text)" it makes my eyes turn red. To conclude, people in western society overcommunicate vastly (paraphrase from Levi-Strauss) but the ability to deliver an useful answer is very low. I hoped that answers your initial question.

Cary2

Banned
Sun, Moon, Mercury RX in gemini. I say what is needed and what others want to know especially when others can't provide that information. I do not like communication for the sake of communication, for just screaming hey, I am here, yo hooo! or saying something just because you were too lazy to think before it. I do not like saying things that contribute to nothing. I am still traumatized from high school class where the teacher asked the most trivial question just to check if kids aren't sleeping and I had to wait another 15 minutes before everyone squeezed their primitive answer out like little dogs that were asked to sit and now they feel almighty from being able to commit that heroic task, but when he asked something demanding thinking - silence. When I'm looking for an answer to a question on a forum and 99% of answers consists of "well I do not know that but (5 lines of pointless text)" it makes my eyes turn red. To conclude, people in western society overcommunicate vastly (paraphrase from Levi-Strauss) but the ability to deliver an useful answer is very low. I hoped that answers your initial question.

Ha ha ha! Well said.