which neptune & uranus house placements more prone to escapism?

Witchyone

If Neptune and Uranus are responsible for the desire to escape reality then I'd say the houses where mine are placed are significant: Uranus in 6th, Neptune in 7th (or in 8th if you prefer whole sign houses). Pisces moon or Venus in 12th might also contribute. I do feel this is a Pisces thing.

I would point out, though, that everything we do in life that isn't actively thinking about our mortality could be seen as a form of escaping reality. We're just busy busy busy doing all this **** that doesn't matter in the slightest. That's what I see when I watch people making money, getting famous, fighting in traffic, or whatever. I think about my own mortality and the meaning of life several times a day and have for as long as I can remember my thoughts. It's the first place my mind goes when I have free time. I think it's why I'm prone to depression. My life is one big pursuit of levity.

david starling

If Neptune and Uranus are responsible for the desire to escape reality then I'd say the houses where mine are placed are significant: Uranus in 6th, Neptune in 7th (or in 8th if you prefer whole sign houses). Pisces moon or Venus in 12th might also contribute. I do feel this is a Pisces thing.

I would point out, though, that everything we do in life that isn't actively thinking about our mortality could be seen as a form of escaping reality. We're just busy busy busy doing all this **** that doesn't matter in the slightest. That's what I see when I watch people making money, getting famous, fighting in traffic, or whatever. I think about my own mortality and the meaning of life several times a day and have for as long as I can remember my thoughts. It's the first place my mind goes when I have free time. I think it's why I'm prone to depression. My life is one big pursuit of levity.

Moon in Pisces: Sense of Purpose, Motivational

"Workaholics" escape through work activity. They usually get admired for it, but it can wreak emotional havoc on family relationships. Even leisure activity, like golf and other physical games are escapist. It's usually applied only to using mood altering substances, and/or just chilling and "doing nothing". Here's one--is meditation a type of escape?

Witchyone

Moon in Pisces: Sense of Purpose, Motivational

Where is that from?

"Workaholics" escape through work activity. They usually get admired for it, but it can wreak emotional havoc on family relationships. Even leisure activity, like golf and other physical games are escapist. It's usually applied only to using mood altering substances, and/or just chilling and "doing nothing". Here's one--is meditation a type of escape?

I guess it depends on what is real. :sideways:

If the rat race is real, then meditation is an escape from it. If it's manufactured activity to keep us from noticing we're all about to die, then you could say meditation slows us down to the only moment that we know is real, the current one. The past is just a memory, and the future might not come.

david starling

Where is that from?

I guess it depends on what is real. :sideways:

If the rat race is real, then meditation is an escape from it. If it's manufactured activity to keep us from noticing we're all about to die, then you could say meditation slows us down to the only moment that we know is real, the current one. The past is just a memory, and the future might not come.

Another way to look at meditation is that it's a way to recharge your biological batteries so you can continue the day's rat race more successfully. Shorter time than taking a nap, which is optimal, because in the rat race, time is of the essence. You're right--it depends on one's version of which "reality" you're escaping from. For me, the rat race itself is an escape from reality, with disastrous results. Neptune tunes us in to what's really "real", if there even IS a true reality. Its influence is therefore anti-rat race. So, of course, those who value the delusions associated with the rat race have branded Neptune as a "delusional" influence.

david starling

Where is that from?

It's from a new pattern I'm deciphering, little by little. It's based primarily on the transtions from Sign to Sign, in direct motion, using the Modalities and Elements. Although it has major differences from both Trad and standard Mod, it has similarities also. I'm working on a table of Dignities. In the pattern, the Moon is the "Motivator" for Pisces, and the Sign it rules :)cancer:) is Catalytic to the ongoing transition from Pisces to Aries. Notice that :cancer: has the same Element as Pisces and the Modality of Aries. It works that way around the circle of the tropical Zodiac, with a number of different categories included, Motivator/Catalyst being one of them.

Witchyone

Another way to look at meditation is that it's a way to recharge your biological batteries so you can continue the day's rat race more successfully. Shorter time than taking a nap, which is optimal, because in the rat race, time is of the essence. You're right--it depends on one's version of which "reality" you're escaping from. For me, the rat race itself is an escape from reality, with disastrous results. Neptune tunes us in to what's really "real", if there even IS a true reality. Its influence is therefore anti-rat race. So, of course, those who value the delusions associated with the rat race have branded Neptune as a "delusional" influence.

You just made me realize that I've been talking about two different kinds of real. There is real as in it does or does not exist, and there's real as in genuine vs. counterfeit. Cubic zirconia really exists, but it's a counterfeit diamond. The rat race is counterfeit life.

Witchyone

It's from a new pattern I'm deciphering, little by little. It's based primarily on the transtions from Sign to Sign, in direct motion, using the Modalities and Elements. Although it has major differences from both Trad and standard Mod, it has similarities also. I'm working on a table of Dignities. In the pattern, the Moon is the "Motivator" for Pisces, and the Sign it rules :)cancer:) is Catalytic to the ongoing transition from Pisces to Aries. Notice that :cancer: has the same Element as Pisces and the Modality of Aries. It works that way around the circle of the tropical Zodiac, with a number of different categories included, Motivator/Catalyst being one of them.

So, how does that translate to the Pisces moon functioning in a person's life (like mine :whistling:) or are you not far enough along yet to say?

david starling

So, how does that translate to the Pisces moon functioning in a person's life (like mine :whistling:) or are you not far enough along yet to say?

Still working that out. The Moon is very motivational regarding Pisces, whichever Sign it's in. There's exceptional, emotional intensity when the Moon is actually in Pisces. It's that intensity I'm describing as imparting a Sense of Purpose, but it could play out in different ways. It's in the Emotional realm, and we tend to think in materialistic terms in our culture--"Who cares about how you feel--just get to work and get the job done! "
But, what if following one's emotions IS the essence of one's purpose in life?

Witchyone

Still working that out. The Moon is very motivational regarding Pisces, whichever Sign it's in. There's exceptional, emotional intensity when the Moon is actually in Pisces. It's that intensity I'm describing as imparting a Sense of Purpose, but it could play out in different ways. It's in the Emotional realm, and we tend to think in materialistic terms in our culture--"Who cares about how you feel--just get to work and get the job done! "
But, what if following one's emotions IS the essence of one's purpose in life?

I appreciate the explanation.

It's not too much of a stretch for me to believe that. The activities that give me a sense of purpose involve arting, teaching, or volunteering, and my approach to all of those is intuitive and emotional.

david starling

The pattern I'm using just sort of developed on its own. Now I'm applying it and checking the results for accuracy. I'm always hoping for further insights, and integrating it with more conventional techniques. In fact, most of my astrology is fairly conventional. But, I do use the Greco-Roman pantheon as a guide to Sign-rulership relations. This is a "12/12" pattern , with the Asc, and Earth's astrological Ages as the "Native-rulers" of Mutable-Fire Sagittarius and Fixed-Earth Taurus, respectively. Traditional astrology is a neat and tidy 7/12 pattern. "Modern" astrology is basically a somewhat disorganized 10/12 pattern, and I needed to include the outermost Planets and still maintain symmetry--maybe my Neptune in Libra in the 8th House? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Witchyone

The pattern I'm using just sort of developed on its own. Now I'm applying it and checking the results for accuracy. I'm always hoping for further insights, and integrating it with more conventional techniques. In fact, most of my astrology is fairly conventional. But, I do use the Greco-Roman pantheon as a guide to Sign-rulership relations. This is a "12/12" pattern , with the Asc, and Earth's astrological Ages as the "Native-rulers" of Mutable-Fire Sagittarius and Fixed-Earth Taurus, respectively. Traditional astrology is a neat and tidy 7/12 pattern. "Modern" astrology is basically a somewhat disorganized 10/12 pattern, and I needed to include the outermost Planets and still maintain symmetry--maybe my Neptune in Libra in the 8th House? :biggrin:

I know we're not allowed to market our stuff on here, so I ask this hoping you'll know how to answer without breaking the rules. :innocent: Do you have plans to publish this system or have you already?

I have a hard time accepting the idea of points as rulers, as I've mentioned before, but I admire the attempt to tease out a more symmetrical pattern. The asymmetrical assignment of rulers to signs does stick in my craw.

david starling

I know we're not allowed to market our stuff on here, so I ask this hoping you'll know how to answer without breaking the rules. :innocent: Do you have plans to publish this system or have you already?

I have a hard time accepting the idea of points as rulers, as I've mentioned before, but I admire the attempt to tease out a more symmetrical pattern. The asymmetrical assignment of rulers to signs does stick in my craw.

Unfortunately, I have neither a Sense of Purpose placement, nor an Earth-sign placement in my Natal-chart, except for the tropical Age-indicator in Capricorn like everyone else. That's in H11, which isn't about marketing or making money. It's the ideas that matter to me, not profiting monetarily. Moon and Venus in Aquarius, Chart-ruler Neptune in Libra, Ouranos:)uranus:) and NN in Gemini, are all in the realm of Thought.
Nothing is being teased out: The Ascendant, which is easily linked to the Egyptian god Horus (from which the Greeks derived Apollo, also easily linked) is a MAJOR point. And the Ages are incredibly important, as well.
Btw, have you noticed that, unless a celestial object is actually in the plane of the Ecliptic (meaning at its own Node), what's showing as a "real" placement in the Chart is actually a measured point of the construct we call the Celestial sphere?I
I'm just sharing ideas, and being helped by both positive and negative feedback.

I do have both Catalytic and Sense of Direction placements, so I'm hoping that the tropical Age-method I discovered gets some real exposure, but not for money. If I am able to write a book, it will mainly be about the Ages. What's your current take on the Ages? That's my true area of expertise, and I'm insistent that the Age manifests through the aggregate effect on everyone's Chart. That requires an actual placement in the Chart, and the retrograde sidereal Ages everyone knows about (Pisces/Aquarius) doesn't work tropically. Tropically, it's Direct-motion, Capricorn/Aquarius, and the tropical Age of Cap is culminating in our lifetime. Explains a lot! :sad:

Last edited:

Witchyone

Unfortunately, I have neither a Sense of Purpose placement, nor an Earth-sign placement in my Natal-chart, except for the tropical Age-indicator in Capricorn like everyone else. That's in H11, which isn't about marketing or making money. It's the ideas that matter to me, not profiting monetarily. Moon and Venus in Aquarius, Chart-ruler Neptune in Libra, Ouranos:)uranus:) and NN in Gemini, are all in the realm of Thought.
Nothing is being teased out: The Ascendant, which is easily linked to the Egyptian god Horus (from which the Greeks derived Apollo, also easily linked) is a MAJOR point. And the Ages are incredibly important, as well.
Btw, have you noticed that, unless a celestial object is actually in the plane of the Ecliptic (meaning at its own Node), what's showing as a "real" placement in the Chart is actually a measured point of the construct we call the Celestial sphere?I
I'm just sharing ideas, and being helped by both positive and negative feedback.

I do have both Catalytic and Sense of Direction placements, so I'm hoping that the tropical Age-method I discovered gets some real exposure, but not for money. If I am able to write a book, it will mainly be about the Ages. What's your current take on the Ages? That's my true area of expertise, and I'm insistent that the Age manifests through the aggregate effect on everyone's Chart. That requires an actual placement in the Chart, and the retrograde sidereal Ages everyone knows about (Pisces/Aquarius) doesn't work tropically. Tropically, it's Direct-motion, Capricorn/Aquarius, and the tropical Age of Cap is culminating in our lifetime. Explains a lot! :sad:

It's funny you said so much about how it's not about making money. That part of it didn't even occur to me. When I think of marketing, I mean spreading the knowledge...whether one gets paid for it is an afterthought. I just wondered if you plan to share the work with others beyond here.

When I said you were teasing out a pattern, I meant that you are deciphering a pattern you see as already existing, but not yet described rather than inventing a new system. Maybe I misunderstand what you're up to.

You are speaking above my head, I'm afraid, when you talk about the celestial sphere. This is one reason I've not devoted myself to a system. I don't know enough to make an informed decision. I know nothing at all about the ages. I only "know" the name of the Age of Aquarius because of "Hair" and the famous song from it.

david starling

You're right, I do see the pattern as already available to be deciphered, if one is willing. I want to share knowledge of the Ages, but the celestial mechanics goes along with it, and that's too intense for a lot of astrologers. Thanks for clarifying what you meant by "marketing".
I'll just say, the Age of Aquarius from the song, was a sidereal phenomenon, and can't be used in a tropical Chart. This conventional version of the Ages has retrograde movement, which makes the Age beginning around 2000 years ago, the Age of Pisces, and the rise of Christianity is usually associated with it.
I can't possibly conceive of an Age of Pisces, on the material level, yielding the results of the past 2000 years. It's nothing like what tropical Pisces is about, but it fits the Sea-goat, Capricorn, to a tee. [IMO]

Last edited:

Witchyone

You're right, I do see the pattern as already available to be deciphered, if one is willing. I want to share knowledge of the Ages, but the celestial mechanics goes along with it, and that's too intense for a lot of astrologers. Thanks for clarifying what you meant by "marketing".
I'll just say, the Age of Aquarius from the song, was a sidereal phenomenon, and can't be used in a tropical Chart. This conventional version of the Ages has retrograde movement, which makes the Age beginning around 2000 years ago, the Age of Pisces, and the rise of Christianity is usually associated with it.
I can't possibly conceive of an Age of Pisces, on the material level, yielding the results of the past 2000 years. It's nothing like what tropical Pisces is about, but it fits the Sea-goat, Capricorn, to a tee. [IMO]

I'm interested in the concept. I've just never come across sources on it.

How do you see the past 2000 years being Capricornian? Are you thinking of the growth of patriarchies and wars, religious struggles? I don't think of Capricorn as a particularly creative force on its own, but the last 2000 years has seen humanity's creativity flourish to the point that we can no longer control our creations. We even figured out how to leave the planet. That seems sort of Aquarian to me.

The Age of Pisces represented physically? I'm thinking of the extended acid trip sequence at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Pisces gives birth to Star Baby, which is Aries, starting the whole humanity thing over.

Here it is...with Echoes instead of the movie soundtrack. So Pisces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn7MmS3vazU

Last edited:

david starling

I'm interested in the concept. I've just never come across sources on it.

How do you see the past 2000 years being Capricornian? Are you thinking of the growth of patriarchies and wars, religious struggles? I don't think of Capricorn as a particularly creative force on its own, but the last 2000 years has seen humanity's creativity flourish to the point that we can no longer control our creations. We even figured out how to leave the planet. That seems sort of Aquarian to me.

The Age of Pisces represented physically? I'm thinking of the extended acid trip sequence at the end of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Pisces gives birth to Star Baby, which is Aries, starting the whole humanity thing over.

Here it is...with Echoes instead of the movie soundtrack. So Pisces.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn7MmS3vazU

Well,the standard line is, that the Age of Pisces siderally, with retrograde motion, is about 2150 year's duration, began around 1 A.D., and gave rise to the Christian hegemony in Europe. The Age of the Scapegoat, Capricorn, from a tropical perspective.
The Ages everyone talks about are sidereal and retrograde, with Aquarius following Pisces, so Star Baby is Aquarius in that paradigm. Tropically, the Ages are direct, so in either case, Aquarius is up next.

Last edited:

Lykanized

Uranus/Neptune are in my 5th house with their ruler in Aquarius on the 6th house cusp. Very prone to escapism. That's all I have to say as it's a very personal topic, but escapism has been a massive problem for me. With Uranus and Neptune also trining my 1st house Mars and moon and opposing their ruler(Mercury), the problem compounds
The 5th house completely makes sense as having this tendency toward escapism. On the plus side, there's so much potential for creativity, so I think that dreamy, artistic, experimentally driven energy just needs to be directed

Last edited:

yuriv

Escapism is a weird concept. All people do escape reality in a certain way regardless of positions. Some read books, others watch movies or play sports. Some practice meditation, whatever it is, its not a bad thing. I don't know why escapism gained such a negative meaning. It's just detaching to regain strength. It's anoter thing that some people live in illusions but thats their reality and is very real to them so who are we to say whats escaping, whats real and what not.

I have Neptune and Uranus conjunct 12th hiuse cusp, and I've always had very realistic and prophetic dreams. Since an early age I was faced with invisible enemies (12th H) such as dark entities, and I do believe they are very real. Sometimes I get visits from dead people when I talk to someone close who lost a loved one, but it happens not too often. Basically this position of NE and UR opens my mind to the non physical realm a lot for good and bad. One could say this is my "escapism" from the 3 dimensional reality.

I respect your opinion about escapism, who is to say which is which. Is kind of similar the categoricization drug addicts (i admits there are issues are worse) but really we are all addicted to alot of things. **** some people break up because they are bored and are addicted to falling in love because of its high fever feeling.

yuriv

If the method used for recharging and taking time for one's own personal needs has Social approval, it's usually labeled "leisure activity" rather than "escapism". Although, the Travel Industry does use the term "Escape" in a Socially acceptable way.

Apt. Very apt bro!