What are some indicators of fame in a persons chart?

MMD1990

Im sure he's aware of that. He just stated that so people could keep in mind that the 12th house doesn't always have to posses a negative connotation. Doesn't mean what he stated will happen but it could depending on the rest of the chart.

JUPITERASC

Im sure he's aware of that. He just stated that so people could keep in mind that the 12th house doesn't always have to posses a negative connotation. Doesn't mean what he stated will happen but it could depending on the rest of the chart.
Exactly.

However, I did not say that dr. farr is unaware that many millions of people may have a close conjunction of the kind mentioned which therefore makes it important to take other indicators into at least equal if not greater consideration. – I'm just highlighting that fact because this is a learning forum and not everyone who reads the threads would necessarily know that

Also, 12th is traditionally considered a wholly unfortunate house therefore “a sudden, volcanic-like rise from obscurity to fame” when connected to 12th may or may not have ideal connotations/consequences, depending of course on any mitigating factors within the individual natal chart and its important to be aware of that fact :smile:

dr. farr

dr. farr - many millions of people may have a close conjunction of the kind you have mentioned and yet have no sudden volcanic-like rise to fame!! Therefore there necessarily are other, more important indicators :smile:

Of course there are-always!! But this aspect does present the POTENTIAL for such a rise, IF other factors supporting such a rise are present in the specific natal chart.

dr. farr

Also, 12th is traditionally considered a wholly unfortunate house therefore “a sudden, volcanic-like rise from obscurity to fame” when connected to 12th may or may not have ideal connotations/consequences, depending of course on any mitigating factors within the individual natal chart and its important to be aware of that fact :smile:

This I cannot agree with, even from a historical traditionalist/Vedic point of view: YES I completely agree that the 12th TENDS to be unfortunate in its connections, especially from a day-to-day, materialist point of view: but it is not wholly unfortunate, as, for example, being THE prime house (in Vedic astrology) for moksha (spiritual liberation), or as being the house connected with large animals, cattle, horses, etc in Western astrology, and having many other affinities which are not necessarily unfortunate at all!

JUPITERASC

Of course there are-always!! But this aspect does present the POTENTIAL for such a rise, IF other factors supporting such a rise are present in the specific natal chart.
Of course! As with any aspect or chart factor
This I cannot agree with, even from a historical traditionalist/Vedic point of view: YES I completely agree that the 12th TENDS to be unfortunate in its connections, especially from a day-to-day, materialist point of view: but it is not wholly unfortunate, as, for example, being THE prime house (in Vedic astrology) for moksha (spiritual liberation), or as being the house connected with large animals, cattle, horses, etc in Western astrology, and having many other affinities which are not necessarily unfortunate at all!
You 'cannot agree' yet partially agree then!

We're in the realm of theory currently since none of us has provided a concrete example of “a sudden, volcanic-like rise from obscurity to fame closely connected to medieval western 12th house/12th house significations” :smile:

Xyberia

Hello, everyone!! I've got a question for you, guys. I'm really really interested in the whole idea of acting in the movies. Not really for the sake of the fact I m gonna become famous but because I do actually like the idea of transforming myself into some kind of different reality. Do you think, looking at my natal chart, I have a chance of going down that way with a bit of success? Thank you and sorry, for a bit off top question. It does a bit relate to the discussion because one successful acting career can bring some fame, I believe.
2508bq8.gif

JUPITERASC

Hello, everyone!! I've got a question for you, guys. I'm really really interested in the whole idea of acting in the movies. Not really for the sake of the fact I m gonna become famous but because I do actually like the idea of transforming myself into some kind of different reality. Do you think, looking at my natal chart, I have a chance of going down that way with a bit of success? Thank you and sorry, for a bit off top question. It does a bit relate to the discussion because one successful acting career can bring some fame, I believe.
RANK OF FAME discussion at http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=383129#post383129 provides guidance on how to assess these possibilities :smile:
There are many different methods calculating the Rank of Fame in someones chart. I will try here to discuss all the methods of which I'm aware.
I will start from a mix of medieval astrology method of seeing the Rank of Fame with that of Ptolemy, and than in some other post I will present some of the Hellenistic methods.

1. First we look at the Sun, if it is in 10th or 11th house. In lasser degree fame is indicated also by Sun being in 1st, 4th and 7th.
Sun in aspect to the MC brings fame.
Sun in succedent house and especially if it is aspecting the MC can brings fame.

This is the general indicator. It doesn't necessarily means that if you have Sun in 10th, you will be famous.
Sun is analogous for Fame, so there fore we first start examining the Sun.

The Sun in 5th cuts the fame in half (except when it is in 5th).
Sun in 5th indicates success in arts and entertainment fields.

Sun's aspects are very important. Afflicted Sun by some hard aspect with strong malefic may bring infamy.

Sun's dispositor and its relationship to the Sun is also very important. The dispositor will show the origin of the fame of the native.

The dispositor of MC and its Almuten as well the aspects to the MC, will show for what will the native gain fame, because MC represents the native's actions.

Ok, lest try this first rule of examining the rank of fame with some practical example.

v6rcdv.jpg

Here's the chart of Brad Pit.
We can see that the Sun is angular on the AC.
This is the first indication of success.
The Sun in Sag has honor as triplicity ruler.
The ruler of Sun (its dispositor), also its Almuten is the Strong Jupiter in 4th - angular, in a sign in which is having honor of triplicity.
Divisor of the Sun (Term ruler) is Venus which makes trine to the MC with the Moon - the native will be noticed by Women.

To add:
Sun is ruler of the Lot of Fame in 28Leo.
Moon (aspecting trine to MC with Venus) is ruler of the Lot of Success in Cancer.
The Sun is not impeded by bad aspect of Malefic.
It is in Trine relationship with Jupiter and in mutual reception (Sun by exaltation in Aries).
Sun is in aspect to MC. The thing that the aspect is square does not impede the rank of fame.

As we can see, the chart of Brad Pit is having many testimonies of this first rule of the Rank of Fame.
We will examine the other methods in my next post.