Mundane Astrology questions

Senecar

Apologies for newbie questions.

I am thinking that in Mundane Astrological charts - the 1st house is the questied unlike Horary charts where the 1st house becomes querent. Is this right or wrong?

I have never done Mundane charts before, but thinking of doing some for studies.

And then what are the differences between Horary and Mundane charts in reading and things to consider?

Thanks for any of your feedback, info or advice.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

JA will eventually pull from his chamber pot of secrets, but mundane charts are looked at very differently from a horary chart, that is unless you're asking about a horary chart that is geared toward mundane issues, and there is a split in consensus as to horary's ability to answer questions not within the limit of "personal concerns".

Mundane is approached differently by modern and traditional astrologers. Modern astrologers make use of the birth/founding of a nation to make prognostications. The astro.com forum has a fairly active mundane astrology section where you can see examples of that type of approach. Some even seem to use progressions when making predictions on nations/huge entities. Event charts are used in the case of one-off situations, and some seem to get a lot of traction out of following that approach.

Traditional techniques involve using ingress charts corrected to the location under scrutiny, Jupiter/Saturn cycles that include not just the last 20 year period but concentric periods that span many hundreds of years http://www.skyscript.co.uk/mean_conjunctions.html. Both types of astrologers use transits. There is also a little known technique known as the dawr allegedly used by Abu Masher https://episthemologie.wordpress.com/2011/05/29/dawr/

I might have fudged some of the details as its been a long time since I looked at anything mundane astrology related, but that should get you off to a good start.

Senecar

I wonder if predictions on World Wars or nations wars such like could be done by Horary charts just like usual simple horary charts are cast and read.

Because I have a book by late Barbara Watters on Horary, and she talks about predicting on wars in one of the chapters.

JUPITERASC

I wonder if predictions on World Wars or nations wars such like
could be done by Horary charts
just like usual simple horary charts are cast and read.

Because I have a book by late Barbara Watters on Horary, and
she talks about predicting on wars in one of the chapters.
Mundane astrology is very Hierarchical :smile:
Starting with the Grand Conjunction your Natal Chart would be 7th in the pecking order
Horary is below your Natal Chart and is lowest on the Mundane Hierarchy

MUNDANE ASTROLOGY HIERARCHY

Grand Conjunction 1702
21 May 1702
4:01:37 PM
+4:56:02
Federal Hall, New York
074°W00'37"
40°N42'26"

Great Mutation (Earth) 1802
17 Jul 1802
5:52:26 PM
Federal Hall, New York

Great Conjunction 2000
28 May 2000
11:07:39 AM
Federal Hall, New York

Great Malefic 2004
25 May 2004
1:20 AM
Federal Hall, New York
....is currently the operating Malefic Chart
and then the following will become operative....
Great Malefic 2034
26 Jun 2034
5:33:42 PM
Federal Hall, New York

2017 Aries Ingress
20 Mar 2017
Federal Hall, New York
soon to be replaced by
2018 Aries Ingress Chart
20 March 2017

INSERT YOUR NATAL CHART HERE :smile:
That is where your place is in the hierarchy of charts.
INSERT HORARY CHART HERE
That is where horary charts are in the hierarchy of charts

Senecar

In Mundane Astrology by Baigent, Campion and Harvey, it says that Horary charts could be used to deal with Mundane Astrological readings, as "Other Methods" of Mundane Astrology.

For example, Lilly had done many Mundane Astrological readings using his horary methods, and some case readings are in his Christian Astrology. But there seem some minor technical differences between standard horary readings and mundane readings.

dr. farr

In my opinion Horary CAN be reliably used for Mundane subject matter IF THE HORARY QUERENT HAS A DIRECT INVOLVEMENT IN THE SPECIFIC MUNDANE MATTER WHICH IS THE SUBJECT OF THE QUESTION; if such a DIRECT (and I would add, at least moderately significant) involvement of the querent with the mundane matter is not present, then (in my opinion) the question is one of simple curiosity, and therefore the horary reading (I would consider) is unreliable, in comparison with using the techniques of Mundane astrology or at least, of event-chart astrology.

Senecar

As CT and JA suggested, Aries Ingress chart for the country in question seem standard way to read Mundane matters in conjunction with other countries involved and their Ingress charts.

There seem various ways and methods for doing Mundane Astrological readings.

I have learned how to cast Aries Ingress chart for a country last night for the first time, casted the chart, and compared with my horary chart for the question regarding the country, and there were some resemblance in their messages. As Dr. Farr noted, if the astrologer or querent has direct stake in the issues asked, then horary charts also seem to work.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

As CT and JA suggested, Aries Ingress chart for the country in question
seem standard way to read Mundane matters
in conjunction with other countries involved and their Ingress charts.

There seem various ways and methods for doing Mundane Astrological readings.

I have learned how to cast Aries Ingress chart for a country
last night for the first time, casted the chart
keep in mind that any
current Aries Ingress chart is lower in MUNDANE HIERARCHY than
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING MUNDANE CHARTS
Grand Conjunction 1702

21 May 1702

Great Mutation (Earth) 1802
17 Jul 1802

Great Conjunction 2000
28 May 2000

Great Malefic 2004
25 May 2004

i.e.
Aries Ingress chart is read AFTER studying all those charts :smile:
THEN
natal chart is next on the hierarchy
AFTER THAT
horary chart is read
and compared with my horary chart for the question regarding the country, and
there were some resemblance in their messages.
As Dr. Farr noted, if the astrologer or querent has direct stake in the issues asked, then
horary charts also seem to work.
dr farr explained
that THE HORARY QUERENT MUST HAVE A DIRECT INVOLVEMENT
IN THE SPECIFIC MUNDANE MATTER :smile:
WHICH IS THE SUBJECT OF THE QUESTION
otherwise horary is unreliable for Mundane matters