How to know if a chart is overall bad or overall good?

jollyzal

Banned
I'd like to know how to determine if a chart is good or bad. Keep in mind I am not referring to natal charts with easy aspects :)trine:,:sextile:) or with hard aspects :)square:,:opposition:). What I meant to say is what takes to make a natal chart overall good?

Obviously a chart with only easy aspects is not good and on the other hand you have charts with only hard aspects which isn't good as well. If a chart were perfect (balanced with easy and hard aspects), where would you want the difficult aspects to be in or related to? What about the easy aspects? For example, is an afflicted :sun: worse than an afflicted :mars:? Is a well aspected :jupiter: better than a favorably aspected :mercury:?

What's necessary to have the ability to be succesful? (Emphasis on HAVE, because not everybody uses these good energies)

How does all of this relate to our lives? For example I'd say a well aspected :sun: and :mercury: might be crucial (I cry everytime I see my terrible Mercury) ! You can't just go out there and be scared to express yourself or offend others. You can attract many good things in your life by being nice and listening to others. Even if you don't have talent, you can get somewhere just by knowing how to speak with other people and how to persuade them. Maybe now that I think about it, our personal benefic planets signify our talents :)sun:, :moon:, :venus:, :mercury:) while the malefics signify our capacity or ability to put those talents into something and to work hard in life. :)saturn:, :mars:)

And on a final note (Sorry if this might be off-topic) but speaking of hard aspects, how does a quincunx malefically affect our lives? Have you guys recognized quincunxes in your life? I've heard many many people speak of quincunxes as the hardest aspect or exaggerate about this topic. I personally believe oppositions are harder.

For example, in Bill Gates's natal chart you might quickly notice his :jupiter: :conjunct: :pluto: in the second house which is one of the best aspects I've ever seen, but he also has a very difficult :opposition: between a :libra: :mars: in the 4th house and an :aries: :moon: in the 10th house. A key thing in his natal chart is his afflicted angles helped by very good aspects. His :jupiter: and :pluto: :sextile: his 4th house :sun: which is afflicted by :uranus:

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I'd like to know how to determine if a chart is good or bad. Keep in mind I am not referring to natal charts with easy aspects :)trine:,:sextile:) or with hard aspects :)square:,:opposition:). What I meant to say is what takes to make a natal chart overall good?

Obviously a chart with only easy aspects is not good and on the other hand you have charts with only hard aspects which isn't good as well. If a chart were perfect (balanced with easy and hard aspects), where would you want the difficult aspects to be in or related to? What about the easy aspects? For example, is an afflicted :sun: worse than an afflicted :mars:? Is a well aspected :jupiter: better than a favorably aspected :mercury:?

What's necessary to have the ability to be succesful? (Emphasis on HAVE, because not everybody uses these good energies)

How does all of this relate to our lives? For example I'd say a well aspected :sun: and :mercury: might be crucial (I cry everytime I see my terrible Mercury) ! You can't just go out there and be scared to express yourself or offend others. You can attract many good things in your life by being nice and listening to others. Even if you don't have talent, you can get somewhere just by knowing how to speak with other people and how to persuade them. Maybe now that I think about it, our personal benefic planets signify our talents :)sun:, :moon:, :venus:, :mercury:) while the malefics signify our capacity or ability to put those talents into something and to work hard in life. :)saturn:, :mars:)

And on a final note (Sorry if this might be off-topic) but speaking of hard aspects, how does a quincunx malefically affect our lives? Have you guys recognized quincunxes in your life? I've heard many many people speak of quincunxes as the hardest aspect or exaggerate about this topic. I personally believe oppositions are harder.

For example, in Bill Gates's natal chart

you might quickly notice his :jupiter: :conjunct: :pluto: in the second house which is one of the best aspects I've ever seen,
but he also has a very difficult :opposition: between a :libra: :mars: in the 4th house and an :aries: :moon: in the 10th house.
A key thing in his natal chart is his afflicted angles helped by very good aspects.
His :jupiter: and :pluto: :sextile: his 4th house :sun: which is afflicted by :uranus:
More than three hundred and fifty thousand people worldwide
were born on the same day as Bill Gates
all with SIMILAR planetary ASPECTS
clearly however
there are NOT three hundred and fifty thousand richest people in the world :smile:

the example you have chosen, Bill Gates aka William Henry Gates III
(even though he was the fourth person with the name)

was born in Seattle, Washington, to wealthy and successful parents.

Bill Gates attended an exclusive prep school, then Harvard, although he didn’t get very far.

He spent most of his time with computers.

When he wanted to start a company with some of his old school fellows, Gates turned to his parents, who provided support for him.

Even though Gates’ company probably would have been successful anyway,
and even though there were plenty of partnerships,

the fact that Gates had wealthy parents to fall back on helped immensely

as he built one of the most successful companies in the world
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_H._Gates,_Sr.

Larxene

Hi,

It's quite hard to answer this question. Most charts are good for certain things, and not so great for others. Tentatively, I'd look for having as many planets in their domiciles or exaltation as possible, as well as positioned well on the angles. Something like this:

thema%20mundi.jpg

This chart is not perfect, but it's pretty good.

If we follow Vettius Valens' method of determining eminence/success, this chart does alright as well. Valens' method involves evaluating the trigon lords of the sect light (the Moon in this case), and then checking some Lots important for eminence: Fortune, Spirit, Exaltation, Basis, and the Acquisitive place.

This chart emphasises the positions of the three nocturnal planets of the sect in favour (Moon, Venus and Mars). In my opinion, this chart should be quite good for appearance, family, children and marriage. Mercury is also of the nocturnal sect in this chart, which is important, because it rules over the Lots of Spirit, Basis (Necessity) and the Acquisitive place. The Lots of Exaltation and Basis (Eros) are ruled by Venus/Moon, and both are angular and very well-placed. The Lot of Fortune is the only Lot ruled by a star of the opposite sect (the Sun in Leo).

Overall this chart is very Lunar (passive and feminine). A native with this kind of chart is the type that has his life handed to him on a silver platter from birth, but there is less emphasis on his individual efforts, actions, reputation and career.

"In the beginning, there was darkness. And He said, let there be light."

To answer your question generally, you want planets ruling over important places and Lots on the angles (or post-ascensions at least).

Personally, in my chart, everything is pretty much **** except for my inclinations towards the occult and my alright intellect. Which isn't a problem if, and only if, they are only things I want to do in this life...(but of course they are not. :) **** life.)

Larxene Xenohart

graay ghost

Eh, when it comes to "bad" charts... it can be very hard to spot a "bad" chart. Sometimes when you know a person who is having really significant problems you can look at their chart and it looks okay to your amateur eye, except for one part that's not really so great, like, I dunno, mars scorp 4th house. And instead they seem to just be picking and picking at that one aspect of their lives like an open wound so that the rest of the chart seems stunted in its manifestation, like there was potential there but it wasn't used :pouty:

Then again my own chart is a total disaster, haha.