Relationship and Nodal return

Hello šŸ˜Š
I met my boyfriend in March 2017 and we started dating in April 2017. At that time, North node was at 2-3Ā° Virgo which is the exact position of my NN. Venus was at 13Ā° Aries like his natal Venus and it was his Jupiter return. What is your opinion about this ? Does it have any significance to you ?

Osamenor

Staff member
The node return is an age-related transit. It happens every 18 years plus approximately 7 months. The Jupiter return is also an age-related transit, happening every not-quite-12 years. Venus return happens every year, your boyfriend was also having one of those, but in 2017, it was extra significant: Venus stationed retrograde at 13 Aries on March 4th. If that was when you met, it was right during an extra significant Venus transit for him, plus that node return for you.

Significant relationships start during significant transits. Since the two of you are still together, I expect there was some significant Saturn activity going on for both of you, and probably other significant transits for you.

Osamenor

Staff member
We started talking to each other on March 7th. Is it as significant ?
Yes. Events correlated with a transit don't necessarily happen the day the transit is exact. Within a few months, let alone a few days, counts. And for your boyfriend, the significance isn't just that Venus stationed on his natal Venus (although that is significant), but also that he had two Venus returns that year. Venus returned and stationed retrograde, and then returned again after it went direct.
What sort of Saturn transit should I look at ?
Any hard angle--that is, square, opposition, or conjunction--that Saturn was making to one of your personal planets, or to itself in your natal chart, or to your sun or moon, or to one of your angles, is the first place to look. If it was 2 or 3 degrees away from exact, it still counts.

Ok. Waouh I don't know anything about that ! I have so much to learn !
Apparently, Saturn was opposite my Sun (1,1Ā°), square my Natal Jupiter (0,15Ā°). I'm Sagittarius rising so Jupiter is my chart ruler. Does this means this transit was important ?
Saturn was also making trine to certain planets, does it count ?
My boyfriend had Saturn square natal Midheaven (1,19Ā°) and square Mercury but with an orb of 5Ā°

Osamenor

Staff member
Ok. Waouh I don't know anything about that ! I have so much to learn !
Apparently, Saturn was opposite my Sun (1,1Ā°), square my Natal Jupiter (0,15Ā°). I'm Sagittarius rising so Jupiter is my chart ruler. Does this means this transit was important ?
Indeed it does, and not just because Jupiter is your chart ruler, although that's certainly a consideration. Long term relationships usually start when there's both a significant Saturn and a significant Jupiter transit, and/or transits to those planets in the natal, going on. It takes Jupiter to get you interested and Saturn to get you committed.
Saturn was also making trine to certain planets, does it count ?
I would consider those, although it's the hard angles that tend to drive change. Starting a new relationship is a change. Trines are some smooth flowing energy--problems that have already been solved, changes that have already been made. For example, suppose you have transiting Saturn trine your Moon, and the last hard transit Saturn made to your Moon was a square. At that square, something would've come up for you that required you to make a decision and/or a commitment (Saturn is all about commitment--one reason it's going to be up when a serious, lasting relationship starts). At the trine, you're coasting on the momentum of that decision or commitment.
My boyfriend had Saturn square natal Midheaven (1,19Ā°) and square Mercury but with an orb of 5Ā°
The square to the midheaven was definitely in play. With Mercury, that's a wide orb for a transit to be felt. It wasn't necessarily insignificant for him at that time, but probably less significant than when the square was within 2 to 3 degrees of exact.

However, if he has a natal aspect involving his Mercury, and Saturn was in closer orb to an aspect with one of the other planets involved, that could've brought Mercury in through that aspect.

Last edited:
I didn't know either so I'll have to check Jupiter transits.
Mmmh I see. Here, Saturn was trining my Moon.
Do you know how we could interpret this square to his Midheaven ? We met in college if it can help.