Striving for accountancy diploma

Marcoilrosso

Is it the fact that Jupiter (dispositor of the 9th) is even in the 2nd house a good sign for studying accountancy?
And the fact that Jupiter is even dispositor of the M.C.-X house, as a possible achievement in it?
There is even the Jupiter-Saturn trine aspect between 2nd and 10th houses. What do you say about that?

Larxene

According to Ptolemy, we should determine Profession from the planet that makes a phase with the Sun and/or from the planet that lies on the MC (either 10th sign or actual MC point, I consider both). Furthermore, Profession is mainly determined by the faster moving planets, that of Mercury, Venus and Mars. However, the slower moving planets (Jupiter and Saturn) can influence these primary significators. Please peruse his method here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/astro/ptb/ptb62.htm

Maternus also agrees that the 10th sign or the MC should be used, but also adds the 2nd and 6th houses as potential indicators of a job. He also seems to be referencing Ptolemy because he also mentioned determining career using Mercury, Venus and/or Mars. My personal interpretation is that if a planet on the 2nd is to determine career, it is mainly one which one does for a livelihood, not necessarily a fulfilling or inspiring kind of career that modern people idealise today. If the 6th is to determine career, it is a servile career which is both to fulfill one's livelihood, but at the same time it is associated with low social status, being subordinate to superiors most of the time (lacking in authority), and may be perceived by the native as difficult and wretched.

Then we have all kinds of planetary combinations mentioned by a variety of authors (Valens, Maternus and Dorotheus are the ones that I read) involving the five planets that apparently indicates some kind of profession over others.

I personally still use Ptolemy's method (and like Maternus, consider the 2nd and 6th Places if Ptolemy's doesn't work), but I combine it with some other considerations. From experience I can tell that the planets on the Ascendant and the Lord of the Ascendant has some influence on what kind of career a person is capable of.

Thus I would look at the whole chart before deciding which profession is suitable for you.

EDIT: For accountancy, I generally look for Mercury to be a significator of Profession. If it is well-placed and aspects Jupiter favourably, even better.

Larxene Xenohart

Last edited:

Marcoilrosso

According to Ptolemy, we should determine Profession from the planet that makes a phase with the Sun and/or from the planet that lies on the MC (either 10th sign or actual MC point, I consider both). Furthermore, Profession is mainly determined by the faster moving planets, that of Mercury, Venus and Mars. However, the slower moving planets (Jupiter and Saturn) can influence these primary significators. Please peruse his method here: http://www.sacred-texts.com/astro/ptb/ptb62.htm

Maternus also agrees that the 10th sign or the MC should be used, but also adds the 2nd and 6th houses as potential indicators of a job. He also seems to be referencing Ptolemy because he also mentioned determining career using Mercury, Venus and/or Mars. My personal interpretation is that if a planet on the 2nd is to determine career, it is mainly one which one does for a livelihood, not necessarily a fulfilling or inspiring kind of career that modern people idealise today. If the 6th is to determine career, it is a servile career which is both to fulfill one's livelihood, but at the same time it is associated with low social status, being subordinate to superiors most of the time (lacking in authority), and may be perceived by the native as difficult and wretched.

Then we have all kinds of planetary combinations mentioned by a variety of authors (Valens, Maternus and Dorotheus are the ones that I read) involving the five planets that apparently indicates some kind of profession over others.

I personally still use Ptolemy's method (and like Maternus, consider the 2nd and 6th Places if Ptolemy's doesn't work), but I combine it with some other considerations. From experience I can tell that the planets on the Ascendant and the Lord of the Ascendant has some influence on what kind of career a person is capable of.

Thus I would look at the whole chart before deciding which profession is suitable for you.

EDIT: For accountancy, I generally look for Mercury to be a significator of Profession. If it is well-placed and aspects Jupiter favourably, even better.

Larxene Xenohart

Thank you.
Mercury is in conjunction with the Ascendant, and it disposes of 2nd and 6th houses: also, Jupiter Lord of the Ascendant. They are not in aspect. Mercury is only in trine aspect with Pluto. There is a Sun-Moon trine (1st-5th houses). Saturn is the other dispositor of the X. Jupiter is even in trine with Uranus which is in the X, in conjunction with the M.C.
What do you say about it?

Last edited:

Larxene

As I said, I need to look at the whole chart to determine the significator of Profession. Can you post your chart here? Otherwise, you can also PM me your birth details.

Perhaps you should ask the moderators to move this thread to the Read My Chart section.

Larxene Xenohart

Marcoilrosso

Here the chart.
Please, be sure any eventual remark about the nature of squares and oppositions or 'bad' position is considered enough.
Thank you another time.

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_marco.62280.8611.jpg
    astro_2gw_01_marco.62280.8611.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Larxene

Short Answer: Yes, accountancy is suitable for you.

Long Answer:

Determination of Profession

1) Phasis

Mercury is around 24 degrees from the Sun. Estimating the relative speeds of these two planets, I would say that Mercury is not making a phase within +/-7 days of the native's birth.

Venus is 46 degrees away from the Sun, so we can say with high certainty that it doesn't make a phase within +/-7 days of your birth.

Similarly, because Mars is 3 signs away from the Sun, he will not make a heliacal phase within +/-7 days.

2) Midheaven

In this chart, the Midheaven point is in the 10th sign from the Ascendant, so we only need to consider one sign. That would be Sagittarius. There are no planets in this sign. Sagittarius is not a domicile or exaltation of Mercury, Venus or Mars.

One thing we may consider is that Sagittarius is the domicile of Jupiter, and since Ptolemy says to default to the ruler of the MC when all other conditions are not met, Jupiter may be selected as the significator.

3) Stars receiving the application of the Moon

Ptolemy said that a planet on the MC is fit to signify the profession, especially if the Moon applies to it. But we may want to consider the stars that the Moon applies to, even those that are not on the MC.

Note that I only use the classical aspects: the trine, the square, the opposition/diameter, and the sextile/hexagon. I also consider conjunctions but not as an aspect, rather as a different kind of relation.

We see that the Moon is in trine with the Sun but separating from it. The Moon is also in square with Jupiter, but again, is separating from it. Thus, the Moon applies to nothing.

4) 2nd and 6th Places (Maternus)

None of the three planets are in the 2nd or 6th Places (I use Whole-Sign Houses).

5) Stars that are pivotal (Maternus)

Maternus also considers planets that are angular or pivotal to be capable of becoming the significator of profession. From my limited experience, I agree with this approach, so I will include it here. Note that I use Porphyry Houses to determine the angles, but I also consider angularity using Whole-Signs.

Using Porphyry Houses, Saturn and the Sun are angular. By Whole-Signs, Mercury is angular. So according to Maternus, we want to consider these stars, presumably when the other conditions are not met.

Judgement

In my opinion, there are three potential significators for Profession.

The first is Jupiter, because he rules over the MC, and because he rules over the Ascendant. The second is Saturn, because he is pivotal (by Porphyry houses) and the MC point is in the confines/terms of Saturn. The last one is Mercury. This is because is he pivotal by Whole-Signs and he is in the 1st Place by Whole-Signs.

Jupiter by himself, signify money/wealth, friends, public affairs and magnificence. When receiving the influence of Saturn, it makes one concerned with lands, estate, foundations and farms. Though I really doubt this is the case for you since it also receives the influence of Mars, and Mars and Saturn are antithetical to each other in this regard. Jupiter is in Taurus, where the favourably placed Venus is, which bonifies Jupiter (makes it more benefic). Also, Taurus is quadripedal; according to Ptolemy, "...the quadrupedal signs contribute to produce employment among metals, in business and trade..."

Saturn, being well-placed but contrary to the sect in favour, may allow you to be capable in jobs that require structure and control, which is certainly good news for you if you decide to pursue accounting.

Finally, Mercury's position is problematic, since he is contrary to the sect in favour, is in his Exile/Detriment and Fall, but is in the favourable 1st Place, although he is not pivotal. He is lacking in both favourability and power to help the native to progress with regards to profession.

However, the kinds of professions that Mercury signifies include:

"...writers, superintendents of business, accountants, teachers in the sciences, merchants and bankers: also, soothsayers, astrologers, and attendants on sacrifices, and, in short, all who live by the exercise of literature, and by furnishing explanation or interpretation; as well as by stipend and salary, or allowance..."

So in conclusion, I do think that accountancy is appropriate for you.

Hope this helped,

Larxene Xenohart

Marcoilrosso

Thank you Larxene.
I will be glad to treat with you the info about the long answer interpretation in another thread.

For Kitchy: Pluto is in the 8th house. It should mean something about that.

Larxene

Well aside from accounting diplomas from conventional universities or colleges, there's the LCCI accounting certificate/diploma, then after that you can progress to ACCA. This is mostly for the UK and UK based countries though.

Marcoilrosso

Perhaps there may be something about ECDL teaching (in collaboration withthe accountancy school). I am really hoping for that. Hope I may get something. For I like teaching about computers.