What should I advise him?

theV

A guy messaged me on facebook asking me for an advice concerning college choice. He is newly high school graduate and has chosen Medicine school. He wanted my advice whether to change his college choice to the college I'm currently studying in, Teacher training college. I am really confused what to say to him and he seems smart since he graduated with great score from high school.

Should he change his college?

Attachments

• medicineboyhorary.jpg
    medicineboyhorary.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 22

waybread

I don't think you're going to be able to help him much. I'm assuming he's a Facebook "friend"-- let me know, if not-- but your friend is an 11th house matter ruled by Venus. Higher education for him would be the 9th from the 11th, or radix 7th house ruled by Mercury. These planets do not aspect one another, and then Mercury is going retrograde away from Venus. Your moon is out-of-sect in the 12th house, and then it's going to hit the wall (Saturn) before its sextile with Venus perfects.

Jupiter (you) and Venus (him) are not connecting.

With Venus in the 10th house of career, looking strong in its own sign and angular, maybe he is better off working for a while in a field relevant to his career interests, before committing.

However, his natal chart should be a lot more revealing than a horary chart.

Last edited:

theV

I don't think you're going to be able to help him much. I'm assuming he's a Facebook "friend"-- let me know, if not-- but your friend is an 11th house matter ruled by Venus. Higher education for him would be the 9th from the 11th, or radix 7th house ruled by Mercury. These planets do not aspect one another, and then Mercury is going retrograde away from Venus. Your moon is out-of-sect in the 12th house, and then it's going to hit the wall (Saturn) before its sextile with Venus perfects.

Jupiter (you) and Venus (him) are not connecting.

With Venus in the 10th house of career, looking strong in its own sign and angular, maybe he is better off working for a while in a field relevant to his career interests, before committing.

Your interpretation is greatly appreciated. He is not my friend. He found me on my college FB group and decided to ask for my help. He explained to me that he is no interested in Medicine, he likes technical career but fails at math. I never asked him about his interest but I will next time he massages me. I only showed him how the system works in our school and left him to judge. I can't advise to change because when he fails or feel miserable i'll be to blame. I left the call for him.

Last edited:

tikana

A guy messaged me on facebook asking me for an advice concerning college choice. He is newly high school graduate and has chosen Medicine school. He wanted my advice whether to change his college choice to the college I'm currently studying in, Teacher training college. I am really confused what to say to him and he seems smart since he graduated with great score from high school.

Should he change his college?

what an interesting chart

so

we take you as 1st
him as 7th
school is 9th
but also 3rd

my call is get into your school.. also take a look at L7's condition rethinking . changing so that is an actual flip
bc

derived 9th house from 7th is 3rd
it is in your 1st house
IMO stick with your school
plus moon/saturn conj
it wont be easy for him but he will be fine

do you have the str to advice him? sure .. you are elevated in 10th house yes critical degree but it is not prohibitive
yes it is peregrine but it makes sense.. you can only advice him and he thinks very highly of you

you are asking if he should change schools because you feel as if you are responsible for anything you will say to this kid - that perfectly describes Jupiter.. you do not want to say a wrong thing.
We know the chart is radical
merc/jupiter passed conj shows he contacted you since he is the faster planet.

Last edited:

theV

what an interesting chart

so

we take you as 1st
him as 7th
school is 9th
but also 3rd

my call is get into your school.. also take a look at L7's condition rethinking . changing so that is an actual flip
bc

derived 9th house from 7th is 3rd
it is in your 1st house
IMO stick with your school
plus moon/saturn conj
it wont be easy for him but he will be fine

do you have the str to advice him? sure .. you are elevated in 10th house yes critical degree but it is not prohibitive
yes it is peregrine but it makes sense.. you can only advice him and he thinks very highly of you

hmm I only knew him for the half hour we chatted and so does im. I don't know if he holds me in high esteem for we talk for short time of period. However, he picked me from like thousands of other members so probably he felt I was wiser.

I advised him earlier to pay a visit to my college, feel the atmosphere of school and ask more.

Thank you tik. It was so interesting reading the interpretation as always.

Last edited:

tikana

you gave him information he needed
look at merc/jupiter
virgo is all about information

anyone asking about schools.. i tell people to go to schools directly and talk to head of departments and professors

theV

you gave him information he needed
look at merc/jupiter
virgo is all about information

anyone asking about schools.. i tell people to go to schools directly and talk to head of departments and professors

That's what I did exactly. College is important, it is the path to your career. I don't want to play a part in a decision he will regret later. I only explained to him how my univ operates and how studies are.

tikana

That's what I did exactly. College is important, it is the path to your career. I don't want to play a part in a decision he will regret later. I only explained to him how my univ operates and how studies are.

I dont know if i agree with "College is important, it is the path to your career."
The way things are in my old school, it doesnt matter which bachlors you are going for. It is the masters you worry about.. my school was a sh*thole, kiss profs'azz get an A.

theV

I dont know if i agree with "College is important, it is the path to your career."
The way things are in my old school, it doesnt matter which bachlors you are going for. It is the masters you worry about.. my school was a sh*thole, kiss profs'azz get an A.

I don't live in US. Where I live the only two options for a guaranteed career is medicine or education. I don't want him to chose a college later on he will be unemployed. I think that's what I meant.

I agree with you 100 percent. College to me doesn't seem to show a person's level of intelligence. Most majors of my class year are not that smart. It is better not to care and try to study things on your own without relying too much on teacher and comparing yourself with others.

tikana

I don't live in US. Where I live the only two options for a guaranteed career is medicine or education. I don't want him to chose a college later on he will be unemployed. I think that's what I meant.

I agree with you 100 percent. College to me doesn't seem to show a person's level of intelligence. Most majors of my class year are not that smart. It is better not to care and try to study things on your own without relying too much on teacher and comparing yourself with others.

uhhuh.. i have barked at professors why the h*ll am i paying you for when I can sit and study online and get better education .. so I put outside of uni classes and lectures in my resume as a sign of protest. I have had classmates trying to put me down .. i am like i dont give a rat's azz about you or your sh*tty university with 8.5 x11 piece of paper that is worth less than a roll of toilet paper

theV

uhhuh.. i have barked at professors why the h*ll am i paying you for when I can sit and study online and get better education .. so I put outside of uni classes and lectures in my resume as a sign of protest. I have had classmates trying to put me down .. i am like i dont give a rat's azz about you or your sh*tty university with 8.5 x11 piece of paper that is worth less than a roll of toilet paper

LOL :smile: you are my hero. This is how I feel every single day in that silly univ. You put my fantasies in reality. I don't rely at all on my teachers and feel like I do all the work with studying books and going online. I feel like I want to blow up and rebel and sometimes I want to be kicked out.However unlike your case, education in my country is free.

tikana

LOL :smile: you are my hero. This is how I feel every single day in that silly univ. You put my fantasies in reality. I don't rely at all on my teachers and feel like I do all the work with studying books and going online. I feel like I want to blow up and rebel and sometimes I want to be kicked out.However unlike your case, education in my country is free.

i blew up a few times.. lol whole dept knew i don't belong in that kindergarten.

see here is the thing. if they had sent me to the dean .. i would have blown up at him/her too. "teach needed skills not book material. I can read TYVVVM"
it is 19th century teaching.

if my kid comes back from school with "mom i am bored!"
i'd be like Okay lets make a deal.. take your online classes that are completely irrelovant. i will pass them for you.
you take what you need for your career. You better pass career classes with As and Bs ..
I had written papers for other students, never charged.

Last edited:

theV

i blew up a few times.. lol whole dept knew i don't belong in that kindergarten.

see here is the thing. if they had sent me to the dean .. i would have blown up at him/her too. "teach needed skills not book material. I can read TYVVVM"
it is 19th century teaching.

if my kid comes back from school with "mom i am bored!"
i'd be like Okay lets make a deal.. take your online classes that are completely irrelovant. i will pass them for you.
you take what you need for your career.

Fearless scorpio you are.

tikana

Fearless scorpio you are.

bows. never had a friendly relationship with schools .. always against the structure
I am not another brick in the wall

today's kids unless they are in geological / history / archeology / anthropology do not need to know that obsidian stone was used by early man!
i had a seen a school book with a title "build a hydrogen bomb .. defense system" it is actual textbook. that is needed!

theV

bows. never had a friendly relationship with schools .. always against the structure
I am not another brick in the wall

queen slays! not me I've always been academic, my friends even call me the male version of harmoine Grainger :crying:.

tikana

queen slays! not me I've always been academic, my friends even call me the male version of harmoine Grainger :crying:.

I had a class live drawing yes mandatory... half of my page was drawing and around it a programming coding cause i was taking notes on my phone while i was pretending to be drawing.. MODERN art i called it.. prof bitched and i asked "what are the chances of someone being in their right mind ever going to ask me "hey Tik, hunny, I am so bored .. areyou bored? if you are .. then i will get naked and you draw me..? my reply to that would be .. take your clothes off i will take a picture and photoshop you! brb i gotta steal charcoal from the neighbors "

Last edited:

theV

I had a class live drawing yes mandatory... half of my page was drawing and around it a programming coding cause i was taking notes on my phone while i was pretending to be drawing.. MODERN art i called it.. prof bitched and i asked "what are the chances of someone being in their right mind ever going to ask me "hey Tik, hunny, I am so bored .. areyou bored? if you are .. then i will get naked and you draw me..? my reply to that would be .. take your clothes off i will take a picture and photoshop you!"

LOL i'm choking of laughter. you should make a post of your college days stories if there are more.