A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

david starling

This pandemic makes sense in the light of tropical Ages, but no sense at all regarding the sidereal Ages.

Last edited:

david starling

I actually feel betrayed by the simple-minded promotion of the sidereal Ages. It made the transition into the Aquarian Age look so easy--no hint about the agonizing change-over process. And, they enable anyone to decide on when it begins, or began, just by twisting the sidereal dial. Fits the adage, "If it looks too good to be true, it probably is."

I'm not saying the sidereal Ages aren't a real astrological influence, but they're almost totally eclipsed by the tropical Ages in terms of down-to-Earth, real-life effects.

Last edited:

david starling

These Ages are not about the constellations beaming their light down upon us and affecting our existence. They are about the Earth's astrological influence from within and without us.

david starling

There are two terrestrial lines within the plane of the Zodiac, each pointing the way to track the Ages through the Signs. Both are slowly transiting due to Earth's wobble as it rotates.

One is for the sidereal Ages, the other for the tropical. The first is about the anciently known "Precession of the Equinox" transiting the Zodiac. The latter is about Johan Kepler's relatively recent recognition of elliptical, rather than perfectly circular orbits, which gives us knowledge of the "Precession of the Perihelion", which also transits the Zodiac.

Last edited:

david starling

These Ages are so vast in scope and intrinsic to our psyches, that a single point isn't enough to delineate them. It requires the construction of a 30 degree Age-interval, or "Age-Window", to encompass their influence.

Nearly everyone is using the single, Vernal Point alone, as it transits only the sidereal Signs, which is woefully inadequate.

A decision does have to be made on how to position the window on the Ages line.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
One important difference in the current transitional period between Ages involves the pairing of Signs (beginning with Aries/Taurus) as "polarity-partners", compared to the last changeover from a Cardinal-sign Age to a Fixed-sign Age. That was the tropical Age of Libra transitioning into the tropical Age of Scorpio. It was fairly smooth, in large part because Libra and Scorpio are polarity-partners. Even the constellations of these two Signs are connected, with the constellation Libra as the claws of the constellation Scorpio.

The two most representative cultures for those two Ages were:

Ancient Sumeria for the Age of Libra, with Age-ruler Inanna/Ishtar, now the Greco-Roman goddess Aphrodite/Venus, as the highest deity, known as the "Queen of the Heavens".

And, Ancient Egypt, with the ruler of the Age of Scorpio being Osirus, lord of the Underworld, now known as Pluto.

Tropical Capricorn and Aquarius, on the other hand, the first two Signs of the Winter quadrant in the Northern hemisphere, are not polarity-partners. So, it's a more problematic changeover in that sense, in addition to the extremely difficult changeover from the Saturnian rulership of the tropical Age of Capricorn to the Uranian rulership of the tropical Age of Aquarius. For the current tropical Age of Capricorn transitioning into the tropical Age of Aquarius, it's negative to positive polarity. For the tropical Age of Libra transitioning into the tropical Age of Scorpio around 3100 B.C.E., it was positive to negative polarity.

Hi David,

Sorry, I haven't been doing things here really much, I am cleaning organizing, getting my basement cleaned up. Once I started, I realized how much it needed it. It is starting to look pretty good. covid is getting a lot of cleaning up done. I have an ever changing pile of give away stuff on my lawn, that whatever doesn't go, will go to the garbage dump.

Interesting. I actually haven't thought of polarity changes and what the difference of polarities will do.

So, if we are thinking like that, then, we are changing, sidereal from a Mutable sign Pisces to a fixed sign Aquarius. The final decanate of Pisces, leaving is 1-10 degrees ruled by Pisces, mutable. Going into Aquarius, 20-30 degrees decanate ruled by Libra cardinal.

Libra likes to be the boss. Politely. Solomon style.

But, I have said, I will look tropically. I am reading, but, I am not ready to put to words yet. Too busy cleaning, not reading much, I fall asleep before too long.

As a side note, I think I read you talking about the word colour. Being from Canada, as a British Commonwealth country, we use their spelling of some words, over the American spelling color. I don't know why you took the U out.

Talk to you later, coffee is ready, cleaning awaits.:lol:

david starling

Hi David,

Sorry, I haven't been doing things here really much, I am cleaning organizing, getting my basement cleaned up. Once I started, I realized how much it needed it. It is starting to look pretty good. covid is getting a lot of cleaning up done. I have an ever changing pile of give away stuff on my lawn, that whatever doesn't go, will go to the garbage dump.

Interesting. I actually haven't thought of polarity changes and what the difference of polarities will do.

So, if we are thinking like that, then, we are changing, sidereal from a Mutable sign Pisces to a fixed sign Aquarius. The final decanate of Pisces, leaving is 1-10 degrees ruled by Pisces, mutable. Going into Aquarius, 20-30 degrees decanate ruled by Libra cardinal.

Libra likes to be the boss. Politely. Solomon style.

But, I have said, I will look tropically. I am reading, but, I am not ready to put to words yet. Too busy cleaning, not reading much, I fall asleep before too long.

As a side note, I think I read you talking about the word colour. Being from Canada, as a British Commonwealth country, we use their spelling of some words, over the American spelling color. I don't know why you took the U out.

Talk to you later, coffee is ready, cleaning awaits.:lol:

Seems to me that the Cardinal-Fixed-Mutable sequence is seasonal (tropical), not constellational (sidereal). In which case, using it for the sidereal Ages is mixing sidereal with tropical. Also, it's a direct-motion sequence, and the sidereal Ages are retrograde-motion.

leomoon

david starling

Is it this way for man-made convenience, i.e. our calendars? :unsure:

one of the slides:

https://www.slideshare.net/AhmedEldehdeh/geodetic-astronomy-16325774

No, it's because the tropical, Cardinal-sign boundaries are deliberately timed to the beginning of each seasonal quadrant, marked by the Sun's position along the Zodiac. Then, the Fixed-sign boundaries are deliberately measured at thirty degrees along the Zodiacal circle.

The equal, deliberately measured, 30 degree sidereal Signs are located in various ways, which have nothing to do with the seasons. Modern siderealists, for example, use Aldebaran, in the middle portion of the constellation Taurus, to center the constructed 30 degree sidereal interval known as Taurus. Then, the rest of the sidereal Signs fall into place.

Last edited:

leomoon

You did! I just thought his slide show interesting, but perhaps not for this thread...:sideways: Its nice to see that Egyptians are still studying the heavens today, both in Engineering classes and astronomy. :surprised:

david starling

You did! I just thought his slide show interesting, but perhaps not for this thread...:sideways: Its nice to see that Egyptians are still studying the heavens today, both in Engineering classes and astronomy. :surprised:

Yes, excellent information about celestial mechanics, and the models used for astronomical measurements. He credited Kepler for the elliptical orbit model, but neglected to mention the "Anomalistic Year", which is the elapsed time from one of Earth's Perihelions (closest approach to the Sun at one end of the orbital center-line) to the next. The Anomalistic Year is shorter than the Tropical Year, which is in turn shorter than the Sidereal Year.

These tropical Ages are measured using the Anomalistic Year, which doesn't enter into the measurement of the sidereal Ages.

Last edited:

leomoon

IF I hear from him (Linked in), I' might mention it: Their faith in Islam does not permit Astrology any longer...as they once practiced with Astronomy in the Middle East.

anomalistic year (noun) · anomalistic years (plural noun)

1. a year measured between successive perihelia of the earth (approximately 365 1/4 days).

david starling

IF I hear from him (Linked in), I' might mention it: Their faith in Islam does not permit Astrology any longer...as they once practiced with Astronomy in the Middle East.

anomalistic year (noun) · anomalistic years (plural noun)

1. a year measured between successive perihelia of the earth (approximately 365 1/4 days).

It's been neglected by astrologers for too long, since it enables us to discern tropical Ages in addition to sidereal Ages. I stumbled across it after I realized that a constructed Age-window the length of a constructed Sign-interval was necessary to fully explain the sidereal Ages, which were already focused on the sidereal Aquarian Age. That gives a Sign/Window convergence at the beginning of each new Age.

It makes sense to place the sidereal Age-window so its leading boundary as it transits the sidereal Zodiac is at the Sun's position at the first Seasonal boundary between Winter and Spring in the Northern hemisphere.

But, for the tropical Age-window, it makes sense to center the Age-window on the center-line of Earth's elliptical orbit, located using the Sun's position at the time of Earth's Perihelion. This also gives a Sign/Window convergence at the beginning of each new Age, when the leading edge of the Window reaches the 0 degree of the next tropical Age-sign.

In both cases, its a type of Precession caused by Earth's wobble as it rotates.

Last edited:

david starling

Precession is a much more dramatic phenomenon than the Sun's perihelion. :smile:

Yes, Precession of the Perihelion is a "Still, small voice", compared to Precession of the Equinox. :biggrin:

But its results when used to track the tropical Ages are much more dramatic than those of the sidereal Ages using the Equinox.

Last edited:

david starling

Tropical astrologers have demonstrated great acumen in realizing the awesomeness of the astrological Ages concept. And, spot on intuitive capability in recognizing that an Aquarian Age is in the offing.

However, their failure to address the major inconsistency of using an Age-indicator that can't possibly transit their own, tropical Zodiac, requires further review.

Last edited:

david starling

The oncoming sidereal Aquarian Age is transitioning from sidereal Pisces, retrograde movement.
:)aquarius:<---:pisces:)

Whereas, the oncoming tropical Aquarian Age is transitioning from tropical Capricorn, direct movement.
:)capricorn:-->:aquarius:)

Last edited:

david starling

The sidereal Age-indicator is the ONLY transiting placement that has permanent Retrograde-motion. The !unar Nodes, for example, have eventual, overall Retrograde-motion, but periodically station Direct.

The tropical Age-indicator has eventual, overall Direct-motion, but there are +/- permutations from one year to the next.

Last edited:

david starling

The one really major drawback to not realizing that we're living in the end-times of the tropical Age of Capricorn, is that tropicalists are mistaking it for the onset of the sidereal Aquarian Age. It's obviously not the result of the sidereal Age of Pisces, which nearly all siderealists consider to be ongoing for at least another 300 years, if they pay any attention to the sidereal Ages at all.

Another problem it causes, is that tropicalists have to switch over to the sidereal Zodiac just for an Aquarian Age, like changing horses in the middle of the stream. Then, they're faced with having to guess where the sidereal Signs should be placed, since it's a matter of opinion, even among siderealists themselves.

Last edited: