a new reality

kimbermoon

Despite the new wave [cycle] of Awakening Consciousness, which has been in play since 2012 [which was the true Mayan prophecy] I still I see so much emphasis being put on the public drive for success and fame. Why are so many still focused on the material realm? What drives them so obsessively? What will that bring to your greater meaning and purpose in life? One authority has quoted that we are meant to store up our treasures in heaven, for that is all that we will take with us. I suspect those most oriented to this state of being must harbor an inner fear and rejection of death, as in 'we only live once so I must accumulate all I can.'

What do you all think really brings peace, happiness and inner calm. Is a life of stress and struggle worth more in proving yourself, which seems to be the case? Is that what the pursuit is, to leave an imprint on the world? What carbon footprint are you actually leaving on the earth.

Recently I watched an interesting documentary from a couple of minimalists that really got me thinking. 'Minimalism is a tool that can assist you in finding freedom. Freedom from fear. Freedom from worry. Freedom from overwhelm. Freedom from guilt. Freedom from depression. Freedom from the trappings of the consumer culture we’ve built our lives around. Real freedom.'
http://www.theminimalists.com/minimalism/
What do you think?

StillOne

Hi Kimber,

I didn't watch your link as I'm at work at the moment. Briefly, however, looking at recent developments and what some of the more futuristic minds are thinking (E. Musk, R. Kurzweil) it seems work and money's days are numbered. It just doesn't make sense anymore. We already saw one country vote to have a monthly stipend for it's people (Switzerland... they voted no... for now). Technology will soon be doing the work for all of humanity and humans will be free from chasing money which has only been shown to bring about the worst in people.

In a way, you can say that technology is the second coming of Christ. It will soon make things possible that we can only dream of now. The Holy Grail?

Best,

S1