Significators of Same-Sex Marriage

byjove

Account Closed
I know this has been discussed much in natal astrology, but I wonder about signs of this in horary? When considering men's marriage to women, often it's a deferral to both the Moon and Venus, and for women, to the Sun (and either Mars or Saturn?) What about the case of two people of the same gender, what's everyone's instinct?

Last edited:

Aquarius358

Re: Significators of Same-Sex Relationships

I know this has been discussed much in natal astrology, but I wonder about signs of this in horary? When considering men's marriage to women, often it's a deferral to both the Moon and Venus, and for women, to the Sun (and either Mars or Saturn?) What about the case of two people of the same gender, what's everyone's instinct?

Hi,
In horary, 1 ruler signifies the querent - i.e. whoever is asking the question - as does the Moon (which can also signify the 'action'). So if one same-sex partner were asking the question : 'Will this relationship go anywhere?' for instance, 1 ruler would signify that person.

Ruler of the 7th House signifies the other person in the relationship, whether it is man or woman. And, incidentally, ruler of the 7th House also signifies the other person in a relationship if it is a business relationship, too.

It is sometimes necessary when reading a horary to seek further confirmation if the outcome is not clear from aspects and reception between 1 ruler and/or Moon and 7 ruler - and this further confirmation is sought by looking at the Sun to signify the male partner and Venus to signify the female partner.

For same sex relationship questions, I do not look at Sun and Venus but, rather, use the Lot of Marriage and its significator to give me further information (if it is needed.) This is because the Lots (sometimes referred to as 'The Arabic Parts') can yield a lot of information to help - both by way of House placement and its dispositor (or ruler) and the aspects to it by other planets.

The antiscia could also be used (i.e. the antiscia of both 1 ruler and 7 ruler) as further testimonies (or not.)

There's quite a lot to yield up an answer to the querent without worrying about Sun to signify males and Venus to signify females (which, incidentally, they always do in a general sense.)______