Fixed Star 26TAU10 ALGOL

IleneK

Premium Member
If you look up the current degree for Algol on astrologyweekly.com, you'll notice that it was conjuncted with the recent eclipse by a one or two degree orb. I found that interesting. Italy has been seeing a surge of violence since the quake the morning of the eclipse and Chicago has some people "losing their heads". I wonder what we will see as Jupiter crosses the degree of the eclipse...a victory in war?

Hi, Sarah Joy.

Good observation. I believe that Algol is currently at 26TA40 and the eclipse was at 0GE11, so the orb may be a bit wide. As I recall, the fixed star astrologers usually suggest a tighter orb like you mention of one or two degrees at most...

IleneK

Premium Member
Ah, youre right. I was confusing it with Alcylone. Oops : )

Okay, Alcyone is at right there at 00GE10. As one of the seven sisters named in the star group, The Pleides, there is rich mythology and symbolism for the eclipse point on this star, too!

JUPITERASC

I've written about Algol here, for anyone who is interested:
http://blog.virgovault.com/2012/10/...l-psychological-drives-heterosexual-men-algol

Let me know what you think.
Jucy, the following Regulus/Algol connections in the charts of an accused murderer currently in the news, his attorney, his father and his 'best friend' as well as the accused murderer's victim could be of interest to you :smile:
ARE THE FOLLOWING ASTROLOGICAL CONNECTIONS TO THE FIXED STARS REGULUS AND ALGOL SIMPLY CHANCE?

Claudette, since we have as yet no time of birth I have attached a chart for Mark Osterman using mid-day
notice natal Jupiter on Regulus conjunct O'Mara's Jupiter – difference is Osterman's natal Jupiter is Direct

Trayvon Martin's natal Mars Retrograde is conjunct Regulus

George Zimmerman's natal Venus is conjunct Regulus

Mark O'Mara's natal Jupiter Retrograde is conjunct Regulus

Mark Osterman's Jupiter is conjunct Regulus

Mark Osterman ALSO has natal Venus conjunct Algol – as does Dr Robert J Zimmerman, GZ's ex-magistrate father

HOWEVER, if Mark Osterman's time of birth is just three minutes AFTER mid-day his natal Venus is 0
º Gemini since Venus changes signs at that time AND remember we had a solar eclipse 20 May 2012 at 0º Gemini

BIRTH DATA SUMMARY

MARK O'MARA dob
8 FEBRUARY 1956 Queens, New York, natal Jupiter 27ºLeo Retrograde - conjunct REGULUS

TRAYVON BENJAMIN MARTIN dob
5 February 1995 Miami, Florida natal Mars 26
º Leo Retrograde - conjunct REGULUS

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN dob
5 OCTOBER 1983 Manassas, Virginia natal Venus 29º Leo - conjunct REGULUS

DR ROBERT J ZIMMERMAN dob
13 Jun 1947 natal Venus 29º Taurus – conjunct ALGOL

MARK OSTERMAN dob 27 May 1968, Detroit, Michigan natal Jupiter 27
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]º[/FONT] Leo conjunct REGULUS
as well as natal Venus 29
º Taurus conjunct ALGOL

Jucy

Jucy, the following Regulus/Algol connections in the charts of an accused murderer currently in the news, his attorney, his father and his 'best friend' as well as the accused murderer's victim could be of interest to you :smile:

Thank you. I will check them out. :smile:
Rudy Eugene & Ronald Poppo

Ronald has a stellium conjunct to Algol!!
And he was the victim, but I wonder.
He was also naked too!

Then again, Rudy has Capulus (I'm working on an article about Capulus as I write this)! Off with his head! Ronald could have incited Rudy! They also have Pluto Conjunct North Node EXACT!

mrdecc

Premium Member
My ascendant is conjunct algol, I have a neurological condition that manifested in my early 30's ( I am 38 now ), effecting me every 3-4 days external stimulous depending (more stimulous, shorter cycle). It renders me unable to function, If I try to do anything I am dizzy, I fall over, I cannot communicate properly, I cannot use my hands and I tic (tourettes syndrome). All I can do is opt for sleep (losing one's head?).
I have charted and built our life around my wife's menstrual cycle, as I have always been a staunch and passionate supporter of the positive aspects of the menstrual side of the female cycle, that being intense creativity and strong focus on self and personal needs. It has always been my belief that one woman can be everything a man needs if she expresses both sides of her cycle to the fullest extent, albeit the man has to grow a pair and endure some harsh truths. This has bore out in my life. So I suppose I have a quite a pure expression of caput algol.

serafin5

My ascendant is conjunct algol, I have a neurological condition that manifested in my early 30's ( I am 38 now ), effecting me every 3-4 days external stimulous depending (more stimulous, shorter cycle). It renders me unable to function, If I try to do anything I am dizzy, I fall over, I cannot communicate properly, I cannot use my hands and I tic (tourettes syndrome). All I can do is opt for sleep (losing one's head?).
I have charted and built our life around my wife's menstrual cycle, as I have always been a staunch and passionate supporter of the positive aspects of the menstrual side of the female cycle, that being intense creativity and strong focus on self and personal needs. It has always been my belief that one woman can be everything a man needs if she expresses both sides of her cycle to the fullest extent, albeit the man has to grow a pair and endure some harsh truths. This has bore out in my life. So I suppose I have a quite a pure expression of caput algol.

I realize this is a somewhat older Thread but I have been studying the Fixed Stars lately and I have become concerned as it is my understanding that Algol, which is at 26deg Taurus, conjuncts my Natal moon which is at 27degs Taurus. Many sources I read said that dying a violent death was a commonality among other things and I would appreciate any feedback in regards to this info.

Thank you

Serafin5

Last edited:

mrdecc

Premium Member
Hello Serefin5

I far as I understand it you would have to have a life where losing your head or dying a violent death was a very likely reality, thus algol would increase the chances and this happening. Not that I am able to work anymore, but if I had to omit career choices I would select any role in the Army, the Police force, Fire fighter etc etc, any job that suggests the string of words 'I understand and accept the risks'. In addition drugs and alcohol will have a greater risk of you 'losing your head'. On the plus/negative side channelling comes easier once you quiet down the noise in your head with drugs and alcohol or something less abrasive, such as yoga and meditation, though personally I have found drugs(a low dose of psilocybin for example) and alcohol have a stronger effect. The logic there being if you 'lose your head' its far easier to have it replaced by another 'head', currently I channel the Vodou lwa 'Erzulie Freda' for my wife, an interesting experience to say the least!.

I wear a silver charm on my wrist of the severed head of Medusa, to remind me at all times of the likelyhood of me 'losing my head' when I am socializing, drinking, smoking, taking low doses of psilocybin or just spending time alone, all that and adhering to a strict yoga regime for years has done me in good stead.

serafin5

Hello Serefin5

I far as I understand it you would have to have a life where losing your head or dying a violent death was a very likely reality, thus algol would increase the chances and this happening. Not that I am able to work anymore, but if I had to omit career choices I would select any role in the Army, the Police force, Fire fighter etc etc, any job that suggests the string of words 'I understand and accept the risks'. In addition drugs and alcohol will have a greater risk of you 'losing your head'. On the plus/negative side channelling comes easier once you quiet down the noise in your head with drugs and alcohol or something less abrasive, such as yoga and meditation, though personally I have found drugs(a low dose of psilocybin for example) and alcohol have a stronger effect. The logic there being if you 'lose your head' its far easier to have it replaced by another 'head', currently I channel the Vodou lwa 'Erzulie Freda' for my wife, an interesting experience to say the least!.

I wear a silver charm on my wrist of the severed head of Medusa, to remind me at all times of the likelyhood of me 'losing my head' when I am socializing, drinking, smoking, taking low doses of psilocybin or just spending time alone, all that and adhering to a strict yoga regime for years has done me in good stead.

Hahaha LOL you crack me up but I do get your general gist anyway; just basically don't involve oneself in general 'head-losing' activities!!! But I hear ya I really do.! I happen to live in a real small moth-eaten town so I've been waiting for YEARS for yoga classes to frickin come here! I'm glad you have such a positive attitude too; you seem pretty unfazed by Big Bad Algol!:joyful:

Thanks for such amazing feedback and God bless you.:love:

Serafin5

mrdecc

Premium Member
Hello There Serefin5

I have not been to a yoga class in years, I work from a book called 'Asana, pranayama, mudra banda', its a great book, I'd even go so far as to say its my 'Bible'. I have never been good at the standing still in warrior pose until your knees burst type of yoga. My yoga is more akin to power yoga, lots of movement in time with breath. But different folk different strokes, that book has everything you need to build up a personal asana program. The internet will do your head in though if you use it create a yoga sequence. Lots of conflicting views. :)

serafin5

Hello There Serefin5

I have not been to a yoga class in years, I work from a book called 'Asana, pranayama, mudra banda', its a great book, I'd even go so far as to say its my 'Bible'. I have never been good at the standing still in warrior pose until your knees burst type of yoga. My yoga is more akin to power yoga, lots of movement in time with breath. But different folk different strokes, that book has everything you need to build up a personal asana program. The internet will do your head in though if you use it create a yoga sequence. Lots of conflicting views. :)

Thanks so much for the advice and book; I will look into it!

God bless always,
Serafin 5

R4VEN

I realize this is a somewhat older Thread but I have been studying the Fixed Stars lately and I have become concerned as it is my understanding that Algol, which is at 26deg Taurus, conjuncts my Natal moon which is at 27degs Taurus. Many sources I read said that dying a violent death was a commonality among other things and I would appreciate any feedback in regards to this info.

Thank you

Serafin5
I am again resurrecting this thread. I took a while to read most of it today, and am develpoing a new respect (and perhaps even an understanding) of Algol.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have Algol around 20' from my natal Pallas Athene in 5th house. Yes, I am good at recognising patterns (I taught Maths), but I also `behead' all my creative endeavours - just because I can, and for no reason that I can recognise at the time. I just become overwhelmed by a kind of boredom, and decide to end the project.
One of my sons has Algol just over 1 degree from his DC in his 7th house. He has often been on the receiving end of violence from other men, most of it (apparently) completely random and unplanned. Other men see him and want to kill him!! His pattern in relationships with women is that after they declare they will love him always, they then cheat on him and reject him. The mother of his child, with whom he had been in a relationship for almost 3 years, ended their relationship by text message.

I am writing this post in reply to Serafin5's post re Moon conjunct Algol. I was looking through my saved charts and discovered that the birth chart of Azaria Chamberlain (the 10 week old baby who was taken by a dingo in Australia in 1980) had Moon conjunct Algol natally (with an orb of just over one and a half degrees. The Crown prosecutor couldn't see how a dingo could have taken her, so the child's mother, Lindy, was found guilty and gaoled (later released and pardoned) for the baby's murder.

demetraceres

I am again resurrecting this thread. I took a while to read most of it today, and am develpoing a new respect (and perhaps even an understanding) of Algol.
I mentioned earlier in this thread that I have Algol around 20' from my natal Pallas Athene in 5th house. Yes, I am good at recognising patterns (I taught Maths), but I also `behead' all my creative endeavours - just because I can, and for no reason that I can recognise at the time. I just become overwhelmed by a kind of boredom, and decide to end the project.
One of my sons has Algol just over 1 degree from his DC in his 7th house. He has often been on the receiving end of violence from other men, most of it (apparently) completely random and unplanned. Other men see him and want to kill him!! His pattern in relationships with women is that after they declare they will love him always, they then cheat on him and reject him. The mother of his child, with whom he had been in a relationship for almost 3 years, ended their relationship by text message.

I am writing this post in reply to Serafin5's post re Moon conjunct Algol. I was looking through my saved charts and discovered that the birth chart of Azaria Chamberlain (the 10 week old baby who was taken by a dingo in Australia in 1980) had Moon conjunct Algol natally (with an orb of just over one and a half degrees. The Crown prosecutor couldn't see how a dingo could have taken her, so the child's mother, Lindy, was found guilty and gaoled (later released and pardoned) for the baby's murder.

Interesting idea of Algol influence on ending something. I will try to understand it through my 2nd house. My ascendant ruler Mars conjuncts Algol (being placed in the 2nd house). I can't say I didn't have difficult life (including trauma) and I would definitely consider my 2nd house a problematic one. But at least I'm still alive :). I can't say if it was Algol or other placements in the chart that influenced my life.

I still have second thoughts about the bad reputation of Algol. There are lots of Algol people who go through life without obvious tragedies and suffering. So, maybe there is too much fear. I have read some posts from people with Algol planets in their natal charts and they didn't report any traumatical experiences in their life.

I will add here a link with examples of many Algol people (many of them were no victims or perpetrators in their life) and the conclusion about this fact.

http://www.ye-stars.com/oldalgol.htm

These examples demonstrate that having Algol represented on a chart does not necessarily mean that you will inflict, or be the victim of, horror and mayhem...but that you will be aware of the depths of suffering that can occur, whether through human depravity or "Acts of God"; and you will not be able to ignore suffering and horror, or brush it aside; your life path will require that you come to terms with that level of experience. A jounalist might be assigned to cover tragedies, while a clergyman might be called upon to comfort the victims and their families. A black child might hear of the horrors of slavery, and a Jewish child might grow up with the awareness that his grandparents perished in the Holocaust. A police officer might assist victims of a natural disaster, or a medical student be assigned to work in a trauma center (the medical term for the study of pain is "Algolology"!). The Algol placement on a chart insists upon a confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion, war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be dealt with under Medusa.

R4VEN

These examples demonstrate that having Algol represented on a chart does not necessarily mean that you will inflict, or be the victim of, horror and mayhem...but that you will be aware of the depths of suffering that can occur, whether through human depravity or "Acts of God"; and you will not be able to ignore suffering and horror, or brush it aside; your life path will require that you come to terms with that level of experience. A jounalist might be assigned to cover tragedies, while a clergyman might be called upon to comfort the victims and their families. A black child might hear of the horrors of slavery, and a Jewish child might grow up with the awareness that his grandparents perished in the Holocaust. A police officer might assist victims of a natural disaster, or a medical student be assigned to work in a trauma center (the medical term for the study of pain is "Algolology"!). The Algol placement on a chart insists upon a confrontation and assimilation of these harsh aspects of human experience in this lifetime. The polarities of bigotry or tolerance, violence or kindness, cruelty or compassion, war or peace are issues that are unavoidable and must be dealt with under Medusa.
I think you have hit the nail on the head with Algol. The following page - the original link being somewhere on this thread - illustrates how an Algol placement can lead to brilliance. eg. Nicola Tesla had Algol conjunct Uranus.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/algol.html

I do not see it as a `doomed' fixed star (and I have often wanted to remove the word doom/doomed from use on this forum, since so many users consider their charts indicate their lives are `doomed') but one which may indicate a `beheading' - generally of the metaphorical kind. Interpretations of its influence appear varied.

JUPITERASC

I think you have hit the nail on the head with Algol. The following page - the original link being somewhere on this thread - illustrates how an Algol placement can lead to brilliance. eg. Nicola Tesla had Algol conjunct Uranus.

http://www.skyscript.co.uk/algol.html

I do not see it as a `doomed' fixed star (and I have often wanted to remove the word doom/doomed from use on this forum, since so many users consider their charts indicate their lives are `doomed') but one which may indicate a `beheading' - generally of the metaphorical kind. Interpretations of its influence appear varied.
Tesla marveled at the amounts of electricity flowing in the air and ground
and dreamed the world would use the electricity readily available in the environment to power the civilizations of the future.
The problem with Tesla's ideas were that the energy systems he envisioned were free to all..

Tesla's patents were stolen and his life work erased

When Tesla overcame the limitations direct current (DC) delivery systems by use of now common alternating current (AC)

Edison took all the credit

Nikola Tesla, inventor and humanitarian died in poverty and obscurity,
his extraordinary achievements ignored and mostly airbrushed from History
:smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUvb9g9PC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5uiK_QnyrE&feature=related

demetraceres

Tesla marveled at the amounts of electricity flowing in the air and ground
and dreamed the world would use the electricity readily available in the environment to power the civilizations of the future.
The problem with Tesla's ideas were that the energy systems he envisioned were free to all..

Tesla's patents were stolen and his life work erased

When Tesla overcame the limitations direct current (DC) delivery systems by use of now common alternating current (AC)

Edison took all the credit

Nikola Tesla, inventor and humanitarian died in poverty and obscurity,
his extraordinary achievements ignored and mostly airbrushed from History
:smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soUvb9g9PC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5uiK_QnyrE&feature=related

There is always a dilemma of interpretation. Was Tesla forgotten in western world? I can recall we learned about him much more than about Edison in school.

Was he really doomed? The main question is what he would say about his life, feelings and destiny. He was an extraordinary and eccentric man at the same time, a highly senzitive person, with ability of exstrasensory perception. He was a dreamer, a visionary enthusiast, an idealist. Non profit oriented and a loner. Could his destiny be of any other kind in profit oriented society?

A Sarajevo-born academic, Professor of Liberal Arts at Becker College in Massachusetts, Vladimir Pištalo, wrote a biographical novel, Tesla: A Portrait with Masks where he is trying to portray Tesla's inner world. He calls him a white shaman. Pištalo claims Tesla lived in platonic world of pure ideas and lived a life he was destined to live. But yet he was happy. He lived by his own standards and his own will, not by dictate of society. His greatest passion was invention. And he lived it fully. So Pištalo is convinced Tesla if living again he would live the same life again.

Tesla's inner world was incredibly intense, it could be heaven or hell, I would say, but was it a tragedy for him? Something that we should be frightened?