Moon Signs

Rebel Uranian

Water Moons are always moody unless specifically aspected and/or other chart features are much stronger.

It is my hope that soon or at some point you all move on from generic cookbook themes and learn integration from signs/houses/aspects.

Discussing just a moon sign is a bit ridiculous as each sign will have 144 possible house placement interpretations. It's like discussing who won a lottery, don't they say it's 14Million to 1 stand a chance of winning...

Also it's like saying the popular sun sign astrology is 'all that there is' which is utter rubbish and just the tip of the iceberg.

Why not do something productive with moon signs, like post your chart and discuss 'one aspect' from moon? As moon is 'very likely' to have other aspects from moon these will alter and modify it's expression...

I don't want to appear rude or insensitive but please move on, grow and learn :wink:

kimbermoon

It is my hope that soon or at some point you all move on from generic cookbook themes and learn integration from signs/houses/aspects.

Discussing just a moon sign is a bit ridiculous as each sign will have 144 possible house placement interpretations. It's like discussing who won a lottery, don't they say it's 14Million to 1 stand a chance of winning...

Also it's like saying the popular sun sign astrology is 'all that there is' which is utter rubbish and just the tip of the iceberg.

Why not do something productive with moon signs, like post your chart and discuss 'one aspect' from moon? As moon is 'very likely' to have other aspects from moon these will alter and modify it's expression...

I don't want to appear rude or insensitive but please move on, grow and learn :wink:
Astrologer50: while your suggestion is well-intended, some beginners who are grappling with all the complexities may feel your tone a little insensitive...I am wondering what your Mercury expression is?

My lunar complexities

Sun in Cancer
Moon in Pisces
Ascendant in Scorpio

I agree that reading only one planet is more complex than simply describing the Sign it falls it. In my case the 4th house Moon is involved in significant configurations including a Yod and a Grand trine with Saturn and the Sun, so there are many different energies that need to be integrated and balanced.
In my youth I was tormented by my older siblings with betrayals, deceptions and manipulations. I believe the 4th house also represents the psyche, and as such I was psychically sensitive, always picking up on the underlying emotions of the family and thus felt frequently emotionally overwhelmed. Into adulthood, I spent many years trying to balance my insecurities, shyness and sensitivity. I had to learn how to stop being a victim, and upon doning my mask for the outside world I always viewed life from a position of self-defence [Scorpio] and had to learn how to gain self-control over my emotional reactions.

As my Scorpio mask developed, people would often see me as being in-depth and somewhat secretive: some even felt somewhat intimidated by me, apparently seeing me as quite powerful, without me even realizing it; inside I felt totally disempowered.

Grand Water trine: the Moon trines a conjunction of Sun/Jupiter in the 8th house – this has helped me to maintain my strong sense of charity, generosity and honesty and my compassion for my fellow man[Pisces]. The other trine is to Saturn in Scorpio in the 12th house: The challenges and limitations I have experienced through Saturn have helped to strengthen my resolve...and is a testament that 'what doesn't kill us makes us stronger'. I am working through much karmic [psychic] baggage in this lifetime with Saturn/Neptune in the 12th. In retrospect I believe that the grand water trine helps to sustain us and also implies the potential for divine intervention and support as required. Several years ago I experienced a divine state of grace as a reassurance of my faith.

The Yod -the finger of God -may be associated with a pre-determined destiny...typically it represents energies and situations in flux that require personal adjustments on the part of the invidual. In my case this mini-trine involves the Moon sextile Mars, with both inconjunct Venus in Leo. The problem with the inconjunct is that we have to re-experience its energy many times before we become conscious that there is a problem. We then have to work at integrating the variable energies [Mars/earth; Moon/water;Venus in fire]

With concentrated energy in the 9th house [Venus, Mercury and Uranus] as well as Pluto at the MC, I have always been drawn to culture and philosophy and my own version of spirituality. Venus holds the main position as the apex of the Yod: I also think this represents the basic relational chemistry whereby the Moon depicts our 'inner needs and yearnings'; in addition to the traditional interpretations Venus also depicts our 'expectations in life' as well as our basic belief system that is based on our values; and Mars represents our desires, which are not always in keeping with reality.

As such these three planets need to be balanced in order to maintain fulfilling and meaningful relationships, otherwise we get confused and experience conflict and disagreement in our search for the perfect partner. With Mars our passions can get the better of us, with our desires becoming obsessional. With Venus we can hold unrealistic expectations of others and become overly demanding or critical with our partners. And of course the 'perceived needs' of the Moon can make us clinging and dependant. And sometimes the things we thing we want are not necessarily the things we need.

As such we see that we are much more than our Moon sign and it's house position and this is the difficulty for beginners in the study of astrology, as I recall from when I first took up the study many years ago. And as a general rule when the Moon is afflicted we can expect that the energies will typically be expressed negatively: if it is supported, then we can assume that the person is able to maintain a better degree of emotional control.

My personal specialty is Moon sign astrology and I offer a free monthly Lunar Calendar on my website. If interested click here http://mystikvale.netfirms.com/

Kimbermoon, now wasn't that more satisfyinng that talking my moon IS
Astrologer50: while your suggestion is well-intended,[it was] some beginners who are grappling with all the complexities may feel your tone a little insensitive...I am wondering what your Mercury expression is?

a chart speaks a thousand words

My personal specialty is Moon sign astrology and I offer a free monthly Lunar Calendar on my website. If interested click here http://mystikvale.netfirms.com/

Not sure if I have mentioned about pisces moon, if I have just ignore....

Pisces moon
“However, your Moon is in Pisces, which is a highly sensitive and deeply emotional Moon placement. It would certainly feel like a Chiron-Moon contact, even if technically it is not. Those with Moon in Pisces experienced an emotional disconnection from mother whilst growing up. The mother was most likely either emotionally shut down, addicted, or very distracted by her own life. This leaves a deep wound to do with feeling left out or disconnected - emotionally - from the rest of the world.”
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=300612&postcount=5

Comments by R4ven senior member - “Sun conjunct Chiron in 9th” thread

since your Moon is in Pisces, your mother was most likely not available to you when you most needed her to be

obviously not taking into account aspects, it could be worst, I've heard moon conj chiron is very challenging....

Last edited:

Rebel Uranian

From my Moon being in Cancer, you'd think I'm some overly-cautious sentimental person who loves familiarity. But to me familiarity is boredom and boredom is death, and I like exciting and sometimes somewhat risky things, and I hate having to deal with drama, much less giving "tea and sympathy" (as is often said here) for it. My Sun-Moon midpoint is unaspected in Aries in the 3rd house of communications (naturally ruled by Gemini) which is about as different as it gets from Cancer minus Aries sharing the cardinal modality. Oh, and airy Uranus in Aquarius takes almost all the energy on the chart thanks to approaching close parallels from other depositors, and I have the Sun on an angle while the Moon is hanging out in a cadent house.

Can Sun signs be descriptive? If the Sun is strong on a chart and no aspects come in to interfere, definitely. Same with any other planet if it is strong on a chart. But all the cookbook descriptions annoy the heck out of me. My Sun-Moon combination is supposed to have the main weakness of "inactivity" and "lacking practical ability" but I have an Air-Earth chart with 4 planets in practical Capricorn, no other water planets, and active Mars is the background planet of the chart since it's elevated and making major aspects to my Sun, Moon, and Ascendant, which is about the main thing distinguishing me from typical Aqua. If my Moon was somewhere else, it would not be aspected by Mars and I wouldn't be nearly as active.

Anyone else hate cookbook descriptions?

Last edited:

kimbermoon

since your Moon is in Pisces, your mother was most likely not available to you when you most needed her to be

obviously not taking into account aspects, it could be worst, I've heard moon conj chiron is very challenging....

[FONT=DejaVu Serif, serif]Indeed my mother was very emotionally detached with me, and thus I yearned to compensate by striving to make deep connections with other women, which of course backfired on me for the most part...sometimes when we try to make up for a lack we can become obsessive and thus tend to turn others away...combine that with my Scorpio rising. With the Moon being part of the Yod this signified a necessary lesson I was intended to learn...[/FONT]

[FONT=DejaVu Serif, serif]Indeed I believe that cookbook descriptions fail to capture the essence of the chart as a whole...yet for beginners this is the first thing to overcome...they need to consider that any planet can be expressed either negatively or positively depending on how they are aspected...again this is why we have to view the chart as a whole...[/FONT]

[FONT=DejaVu Serif, serif]just here to offer help...[/FONT]

Rebel Uranian

There is no such thing as an entirely negative or positive expression. Some signs just aren't compatible at all.

Also, I'm seriously doubting my Moon sign right now... But I'm probably wrong. I mean, sure, people could've made mistakes and given me the wrong birthdate, but then I'd have a pitted Sun, but I was born at sunrise either way and I look quite solar.

dee12

Hi there! Fellow Leo moon here. :)

I guess that my placement is pretty exact as to how others perceive the typical Leo moon, and it's definitely noticeable by those who are near me (which I think would be further enhanced by my Leo asc.).

My moon gets on pretty well with other planets in my chart except for a square with Pluto and a quincunx with Uranus. I'm fairly new to how I can apply my aspects to my life, but I'll give it a shot:

Since moons have to do with mothers, I think I'll go with that. My mom is definitely a fashionable and generous woman, but she's fairly protective and sometimes a bit controlling of me.. which might be the Moon/Pluto speaking. Because of circumstances, she was always absent from my life. Though I have a deep connection with her, we don't usually communicate very much. I feel like there's some kind of emotional block that I always don't want to talk to her about. We're quite distant from each other in that aspect, but we know we love each other very much.

That's probably enough, I think, since I don't have enough skills to speak more of it. I'm still trying to get that midpoint thing, though..

Last edited:
As a Astrology Moon cab effect on our mind, emotions and body, moon has best effect on the person's thinking that is proved by the scientist and same things are proved by the our Ancestors million of years ago.

Rebel Uranian

As a Astrology Moon cab effect on our mind, emotions and body, moon has best effect on the person's thinking that is proved by the scientist and same things are proved by the our Ancestors million of years ago.

That's interesting, because my Moon is in Cancer and people think I'm too logical/unemotional/detached/distant. Hmm, I wonder if it should be placed in Gemini. Oh wait, how about no, because I don't talk enough most of the time and people complain a little about that too. Let's just invent another Moon sign for me like Virgo.

Humanitarian

There is no such thing as an entirely negative or positive expression. Some signs just aren't compatible at all.

Also, I'm seriously doubting my Moon sign right now... But I'm probably wrong. I mean, sure, people could've made mistakes and given me the wrong birthdate, but then I'd have a pitted Sun, but I was born at sunrise either way and I look quite solar.
You need the degree, not only the sign. The moon degree maybe actually describes you better than your moon sign

Mad Madam Mimm

Hi there!

I've Moon in Virgo (Cancer rising, so the Moon is stronger than normal because Cancer rising brings it to the front seat ). Family tell me that they see the Virgo Moon from a mile away. I'm known for the good and the bad; perfectionism, critical, analytical, hygiene-freak, I can over-think things, and I do worry incessantly about things sometimes...and when I'm worried, my stomach becomes delicate...and I simply don't eat until I'm calm again. So I've taken to Buddha Bar (calming oriental music) and camomile tea on such occasions!

My Virgo Moon is opposite my Pisces Venus, which adds an entirely different part to my character, and the Moon also squares Saturn, creating a T-square. Transiting Saturn conjunction my natal Moon was the worst transit ever a few years ago. :smile:
Same!!! Except I have a Pisces MC/ Capricorn SNI have a hard time dealing with Pisces airy fairy i can’t take hope and delusion tongue bank… stuff My moon amd mars conjunct right on the IC 4th house .

My family loves me, but , I pretty much fight with them all cause they hurt my feelings lol
Cancer rising lol
My NN is also cancer in the first house.
That 1-7 is something. Why do people go so coo coo when you decide to live for yourself , this time ?

Ain’t it fun ?

Dukes up lol

Last edited: