Unaspected planets in natal charts

Gemini888

Unaspected Venus here. I have no real knowledge of this placement, but I can offer some personal experience on this.

My Venus is in Taurus and in 1H. I feel like there is a disconnect between how I see my appearance and how people see mine. I get some comments on how beautiful I am, but I don't really think I'm that beautiful. At one point in my life I was so ashamed of my appearance that I refused to look at myself in the mirror.

And so far on my journey of learning astrology Venus is the planet that I understand the least, as well as Taurus. There seems to be no deeper meaning in it like other planets. I'm still looking for something/someone that explain Venus/Taurus in a way that truly hits me.

I can draw, to some extend, and my interest in drawing has been with me since a very young age. To this day I'm still unsure whether it's a Venus thing or a Neptune thing (Neptune conj MC). I know for a fact that Venus rules over beauty appreciation, but Neptune is the most aspected planet in my chart and it rules over artistic ability, it's just that Neptune's beauty is more worldly than Venus. It could be both.

Last edited:

katydid

Hi

Do you have stories or knowledge to tell about unaspected planets in natal charts? (no major aspects)

I have always been fascinated by unaspected planets. I am retired now, but I was an astrologer for many years and I saw a lot of charts. I would always ask as many questions as I could, when I had a client with a totally unaspected planet.

I don't count it as unaspected if there is an exact minor aspect, like a semi-sextile or semi-square or a quintile. To me, that just puts the focus strongly upon that one minor aspect and elevates it to a more important influence than it would be, normally.

So when I come across a totally unaspected planet, it is a very powerful thing, in my opinion.

I have seen it work in 2 very different ways, much like when someone has a total lack of an element in their chart. Often, one either 'lacks' that quality in daily life or they over compensate for it, and go overboard.

One example is the 2 clients I had with unaspected Mars. They both had 'Mars Issues' but in opposite ways.

I had a young client with her Mars in Aries in the 5th. It was unaspected, although she had the Sun in Aries too, but 15 degrees away.

She was an athlete and wanted to be on the Olympic fencing team. She was very talented. And kind of obsessed with the possibility.

Her mother had asked me to do a chart reading for her, and her mother was concerned because she wondered if her daughter was being realistic, as she let most everything else go and just focused on fencing. She was very ambitious and determined however and enthusiastically convinced me she was just working hard and knew what she was doing.

She didnt have much interest. in any thing else it seemed. I tried to discuss other aspects of her chart, like future careers, relationships, etc. But she really only seemed to care about the possibility or probability of her future in fencing.

I know she did move to NYC and was training at the Olympic training centre with the team, while in college, but I don't think she actually made the final team.

Around the same time, I did a session with a man, going through his Saturn Return. He had Saturn in Virgo, conjunct his Mercury/Sun in the 6th.

He was very concerned with his health, although the doctors had not found anything specific they could diagnose. But he had been feeling exhausted and weak, and couldn't gain weight. He had no appetite.

He had a lot of testing done. They were not sure what was going on physically.

He had Aries rising, with Mars as his chart ruler. Mars was in it's fall in Libra in his 7th. It was completely unaspected.

I asked him many questions about that Mars. Did he have relationships, partnerships...? No, and he said he had no interest in the idea even. :unsure:

He said 'intimacy' annoyed him to just to think about the possibility. lol

The same with Mars type physical activities. He had no muscle strength. He was very thin and weak. And he said he liked that about himself because he was non violent and non-aggressive.

I know this is an extreme example of an unaspected Mars in it's fall, but it has always stuck with me.

One cool thing was that a few years later I saw him again. He was much happier and healthier, although still quite thin. But he was a bass player and singer in a popular punk/hipster band and looked very cool. I thought it was a nice expression of Mars in Libra in the 7th. :bandit:

A truly unaspected planet works in various diverse ways but it is often a focal point in some way. It can be a pure kind of obsession or focus.

Or it can be a disconnected type of feeling that makes that planet's energy seem foreign or awkward in some way.

The Virgo musician with his unaspected Mars in Libra, felt disconnected from his masculine energy and used that to build a cool, hip persona of a tall slender Nerd
with big glasses that sang great lyrics in a smooth, smoky voice.

One of the most chilling charts I have ever seen was a chart another astrologer showed me at a Astro conference. One of his clients had come to him after giving birth too a stillborn child.

She was very grief stricken, looking for answers, and of course there aren't any that can truly help.

But he showed me the chart of the birth, and both the Sun and the Moon were totally unaspected. :pouty: I have never seen another chart with both of the lights unaspected. I don't know what it means but it gave me chills.

three M symbols

Unaspected Venus here. I have no real knowledge of this placement, but I can offer some personal experience on this.

My Venus is in Taurus and in 1H. I feel like there is a disconnect between how I see my appearance and how people see mine. I get some comments on how beautiful I am, but I don't really think I'm that beautiful. At one point in my life I was so ashamed of my appearance that I refused to look at myself in the mirror.

And so far on my journey of learning astrology Venus is the planet that I understand the least, as well as Taurus. There seems to be no deeper meaning in it like other planets. I'm still looking for something/someone that explain Venus/Taurus in a way that truly hits me.

I can draw, to some extend, and my interest in drawing has been with me since a very young age. To this day I'm still unsure whether it's a Venus thing or a Neptune thing (Neptune conj MC). I know for a fact that Venus rules over beauty appreciation, but Neptune is the most aspected planet in my chart and it rules over artistic ability, it's just that Neptune's beauty is more worldly than Venus. It could be both.

I don't thought an unaspected planet could play out in this extrem way !

Like you, I also felt a long time like Venus had no deeper meaning in it, compared to other planets. But I think It's because I'm a Scorpio ASC, with a Virgo Sun and Moon. (2 « discriminative signs », that are more used to find the differences (to separate things), than to find the common points (to bring things or people together)... Even if my Venus is in Libra

I saw in a thread you started, that you're an Aries ASC. Mars ruler of your ASC is in 5th house, so it can also be a placement for drawing because 5th house is known as the house of creativity and arts. I draw too and I don't have only one planet in an artistic position, so I think your Neptune and Venus are both importants for drawing, with Mars.

Your Sun is opposed by Pluto, that can maybe explain your aversion for yourself (?). But in addition, your Sun is in Gemini, this part of Gemini house is ruled by a Taurus cups, that is ruled by unaspected Venus.. difficult to analyse

Venus is how do you relate, how you value and attract people and things.. In the case of having it in 1st house, it's about valuing your own self (and I guess people can't really help you to change your mind for it, because Venus is unaspected and in 1st)..
Taurus is the first earth sign, that represent material growth, material security in incarnation, possessions. (that includes the possessions of a body, main needs of the body, and discovering what possible is in the world with 5 senses.)

I read a lot of articles that says Venus or Sun in 1st house give self confidence and charisma, but depending on aspects and the overall chart it can plays out in the opposite way, giving issues of self esteem.

Last edited:

three M symbols

I have always been fascinated by unaspected planets. I am retired now, but I was an astrologer for many years and I saw a lot of charts. I would always ask as many questions as I could, when I had a client with a totally unaspected planet.

I don't count it as unaspected if there is an exact minor aspect, like a semi-sextile or semi-square or a quintile. To me, that just puts the focus strongly upon that one minor aspect and elevates it to a more important influence than it would be, normally.

So when I come across a totally unaspected planet, it is a very powerful thing, in my opinion.

I have seen it work in 2 very different ways, much like when someone has a total lack of an element in their chart. Often, one either 'lacks' that quality in daily life or they over compensate for it, and go overboard.

One example is the 2 clients I had with unaspected Mars. They both had 'Mars Issues' but in opposite ways.

I had a young client with her Mars in Aries in the 5th. It was unaspected, although she had the Sun in Aries too, but 15 degrees away.

She was an athlete and wanted to be on the Olympic fencing team. She was very talented. And kind of obsessed with the possibility.

Her mother had asked me to do a chart reading for her, and her mother was concerned because she wondered if her daughter was being realistic, as she let most everything else go and just focused on fencing. She was very ambitious and determined however and enthusiastically convinced me she was just working hard and knew what she was doing.

She didnt have much interest. in any thing else it seemed. I tried to discuss other aspects of her chart, like future careers, relationships, etc. But she really only seemed to care about the possibility or probability of her future in fencing.

I know she did move to NYC and was training at the Olympic training centre with the team, while in college, but I don't think she actually made the final team.

Around the same time, I did a session with a man, going through his Saturn Return. He had Saturn in Virgo, conjunct his Mercury/Sun in the 6th.

He was very concerned with his health, although the doctors had not found anything specific they could diagnose. But he had been feeling exhausted and weak, and couldn't gain weight. He had no appetite.

He had a lot of testing done. They were not sure what was going on physically.

He had Aries rising, with Mars as his chart ruler. Mars was in it's fall in Libra in his 7th. It was completely unaspected.

I asked him many questions about that Mars. Did he have relationships, partnerships...? No, and he said he had no interest in the idea even. :unsure:

He said 'intimacy' annoyed him to just to think about the possibility. lol

The same with Mars type physical activities. He had no muscle strength. He was very thin and weak. And he said he liked that about himself because he was non violent and non-aggressive.

I know this is an extreme example of an unaspected Mars in it's fall, but it has always stuck with me.

One cool thing was that a few years later I saw him again. He was much happier and healthier, although still quite thin. But he was a bass player and singer in a popular punk/hipster band and looked very cool. I thought it was a nice expression of Mars in Libra in the 7th. :bandit:

A truly unaspected planet works in various diverse ways but it is often a focal point in some way. It can be a pure kind of obsession or focus.

Or it can be a disconnected type of feeling that makes that planet's energy seem foreign or awkward in some way.

The Virgo musician with his unaspected Mars in Libra, felt disconnected from his masculine energy and used that to build a cool, hip persona of a tall slender Nerd
with big glasses that sang great lyrics in a smooth, smoky voice.

One of the most chilling charts I have ever seen was a chart another astrologer showed me at a Astro conference. One of his clients had come to him after giving birth too a stillborn child.

She was very grief stricken, looking for answers, and of course there aren't any that can truly help.

But he showed me the chart of the birth, and both the Sun and the Moon were totally unaspected. :pouty: I have never seen another chart with both of the lights unaspected. I don't know what it means but it gave me chills.

Thanks for all this knowledge, it's very interesting.
I didn't heard or read a lot about unaspected planets.. But the last story is creepy...

So, you don't count it as an unaspected planet if there is an exact minor aspect. Actually, I have two minor ones (less of 1° orb). But I don't understand how they works and what they means.
My Mars is aspected by a semi-sextile Jupiter / and a quintile Nepune
It's an important planet in my chart, because Mars is ruler of my Scorpio ASC, and it conjuncts it in 1st house (1° orb).. So I want to understand it more.

I recognize myself a bit in both Mars stories you told.

Last edited:

Gemini888

I don't thought an unaspected planet could play out in this extrem way !

Like you, I also felt a long time like Venus had no deeper meaning in it, compared to other planets. But I think It's because I'm a Scorpio ASC, with a Virgo Sun and Moon. (2 « discriminative signs », that are more used to find the differences (to separate things), than to find the common points (to bring things or people together)... Even if my Venus is in Libra

I saw in a thread you started, that you're an Aries ASC. Mars ruler of your ASC is in 5th house, so it can also be a placement for drawing because 5th house is known as the house of creativity and arts. I draw too and I don't have only one planet in an artistic position, so I think your Neptune and Venus are both importants for drawing, with Mars.

Your Sun is opposed by Pluto, that can maybe explain your aversion for yourself (?). But in addition, your Sun is in Gemini, this part of Gemini house is ruled by a Taurus cups, that is ruled by unaspected Venus.. difficult to analyse

Venus is how do you relate, how you value and attract people and things.. In the case of having it in 1st house, it's about valuing your own self (and I guess people can't really help you to change your mind for it, because Venus is unaspected and in 1st)..
Taurus is the first earth sign, that represent material growth, material security in incarnation, possessions. (that includes the possessions of a body, main needs of the body, and discovering what possible is in the world with 5 senses.)

I read a lot of articles that says Venus or Sun in 1st house give self confidence and charisma, but depending on aspects and the overall chart it can plays out in the opposite way, giving issues of self esteem.
Thank you for actually digging through my chart :biggrin: Do you have unaspected Venus too? I only call my Venus "unaspected" because I don't account for minor aspects. If I really go on Virgo mode, my Venus inconjuncts Jupiter by 1 deg orb. To this day I still don't know how they work together.

Someone else once made the same connection as you about my Sun/Venus. And they concluded that my 2H/Taurus is the focus of my life, possession and stuff, thus connecting my Venus to my Sun. Yeah, I do feel some connection with Taurus in that aspect. I like to own quirky things and I can use the things I own as tools for various things. I'm also very careful with my money. But somehow I just feel as if there is something deeper about Taurus that I have yet to understand.

As a child I was often praised for my confidence. And I did come across as self-absorbed. It was an interesting paradox, being confident one minute and extremely self-aware the next. Some sh!tty things happened to me as a teen too and they affected my confidence. Now am I confident or not? That will depends on who you ask :bandit:

P.S: Now I understand why you named yourself "the 3 M symbol"

Gemini888

What house were Sun and Moon in? And was there Saturn involved?

three M symbols

Thank you for actually digging through my chart :biggrin: Do you have unaspected Venus too? I only call my Venus "unaspected" because I don't account for minor aspects. If I really go on Virgo mode, my Venus inconjuncts Jupiter by 1 deg orb. To this day I still don't know how they work together.

Someone else once made the same connection as you about my Sun/Venus. And they concluded that my 2H/Taurus is the focus of my life, possession and stuff, thus connecting my Venus to my Sun. Yeah, I do feel some connection with Taurus in that aspect. I like to own quirky things and I can use the things I own as tools for various things. I'm also very careful with my money. But somehow I just feel as if there is something deeper about Taurus that I have yet to understand.

As a child I was often praised for my confidence. And I did come across as self-absorbed. It was an interesting paradox, being confident one minute and extremely self-aware the next. Some sh!tty things happened to me as a teen too and they affected my confidence. Now am I confident or not? That will depends on who you ask :bandit:

P.S: Now I understand why you named yourself "the 3 M symbol"

No, in my chart she is aspected. Venus conjunct Sun and Chiron, and sextile Jupiter.. But Venus still appears like a mystery for me.. (because of Chiron, maybe).
Conjunctions and sextiles are not so obvious to analyze than other major aspects for me.

I recognize myself in a phrase you wrote : "I did come across as self-absorbed. It was an interesting paradox, being confident one minute and extremely self-aware the next"
I guess it's not just Venus, but maybe the fact it's in 1st house, because I can feel the same way

Otherwise, don't you think your Venus conjuncts your South Node? (even if it's not a planet, it can maybe help you)

Last edited:

three M symbols

One of "hidden" meaning of Taurus can be how this sign is related to time.
Virgo represent the time we divide (organisation). The addition of a lot of little tasks that can at the end build something bigger. Capricorn represent a long time we spent, maturity and wisdom we earnt through time, and aging. But which kind of time Taurus can represents?

Gemini888

Yeah, I'm pretty aware that Venus conj my SN. But looks like they don't generally count SN as a factor for aspects. Anyway, Venus is still the least aspected planet in my chart and I feel the most disconnected to it.

Taurus is behind Aries, so if Aries is the baby then Taurus is a toddler learning to walk and talk and stuff. Taurus looks like a time when we learn about who we are, what we can touch and what not. Taurus is making sure it knows everything it can know before moving on to Gemini, when it starts to ask questions about what it doesn't know. At least this is what I can theoretically make of Taurus.

Domna

I have an unaspected Venus in Taurus too, but in the 8th house. I'm Libra rising, so Venus is my chart ruler. No major aspects but several almost exact minor aspects (semi-square Mercury, sesquiquadrate Neptune, semi-sextile Jupiter, semi-sextile Chiron). The love side of Venus eludes me completely, I'm both aromantic and asexual. But on the other hand I am extremely preoccupied with art, music, aesthetic, style... preferably with a dark twist (8th house?). Also a very sensual person, decadent and pleasure-seeking. I guess those minor aspects really come through.

Last edited:

katydid

What house were Sun and Moon in? And was there Saturn involved?

The Sun was in the 12th and I think the moon was in the 5th, but maybe the 4th. I just remember it was below the horizon, near bottom of chart.

Saturn was involved in that it was conjunct Pluto and inconjunct Mercury and Venus too, I believe.

katydid

Yeah, I'm pretty aware that Venus conj my SN. But looks like they don't generally count SN as a factor for aspects. Anyway, Venus is still the least aspected planet in my chart and I feel the most disconnected to it.

Taurus is behind Aries, so if Aries is the baby then Taurus is a toddler learning to walk and talk and stuff. Taurus looks like a time when we learn about who we are, what we can touch and what not. Taurus is making sure it knows everything it can know before moving on to Gemini, when it starts to ask questions about what it doesn't know. At least this is what I can theoretically make of Taurus.

Yes, the South Node would not count against your Venus being unaspected, in my opinion. In a way it kind of magnifies or exacerbates the energy of being disconnected.

katydid

Thanks for all this knowledge, it's very interesting.
I didn't heard or read a lot about unaspected planets.. But the last story is creepy...

So, you don't count it as an unaspected planet if there is an exact minor aspect. Actually, I have two minor ones (less of 1° orb). But I don't understand how they works and what they means.
My Mars is aspected by a semi-sextile Jupiter / and a quintile Nepune
It's an important planet in my chart, because Mars is ruler of my Scorpio ASC, and it conjuncts it in 1st house (1° orb).. So I want to understand it more.

I recognize myself a bit in both Mars stories you told.

I don't count it as totally unaspected,as the most extreme cases are. Mars does make minor connections with other planets in your chart, so it is not wholly disconnected. Although those are subtle connections.

Jupiter would be either in Libra or Sag, next door neighbours to your Mars.

Whatever planets are aspected by your Jupiter, are then also slightly connected to your Mars, because of that semi-sextile. It is not as efficient as a sextile, but it is a similar type of aspect. It opens up possibilities.

Mars in Scorpio in the 1st can be a harsh placement. Sometimes we blame ourselves for things we are not responsible for. That semi-sextile to Jupiter allows you to open the door further to spiritual and cosmic understanding, and gives you a way to stop being so hard on yourself. :innocent:

The Jupiter connection brings you the pathway to finding support from Spirit and FAITH in the Cosmic Forces. I think your Mars in the 1st, the vulnerable self, needs that spiritual connection.

The quintile to Neptune is very nice and has a lot of potential. Quintiles are hidden talents that need to be discovered and nurtured. Often one has an innate talent in the arts/music and with beauty/form, that need to be perfected.

The Neptune is probably in Cap, as Virgo would have been too long ago. It would likely be in your 3rd or 4th. So You might have a talent or gift of communication, writing, teaching, and how to communicate your message with the talents and artistic/musical skills .

Last edited:

Gemini888

I think it's a good theory. I don't know a lot of Taurus people
Taurus is a strange sign. It's a ying sign, rulers Venus and comes after Aries, so it has everything to do with calming down the Aries impulse and stay connected to the feminine side. But it has the symbol of a bull, an animal notorious for being utterly vicious when provoked. An angry bull can be just as deadly as a ram, even more so. Even Libra doesn't pull out that **** and Libra is a yang and cardinal sign. Or is this contradiction paves the way for Gemini?

Gemini888

The Sun was in the 12th and I think the moon was in the 5th, but maybe the 4th. I just remember it was below the horizon, near bottom of chart.

Saturn was involved in that it was conjunct Pluto and inconjunct Mercury and Venus too, I believe.
That's scary. It's like the child was destined to die. If I were to believe in karma, that child had to have some really ****** up karmic debt for this to happen.

It would be interesting if we know how the planets also played out as transit on the mom's chart. I would guess a lot of 12H and 6H were involved here.

three M symbols

I don't count it as totally unaspected,as the most extreme cases are. Mars does make minor connections with other planets in your chart, so it is not wholly disconnected. Although those are subtle connections.

Jupiter would be either in Libra or Sag, next door neighbours to your Mars.

Whatever planets are aspected by your Jupiter, are then also slightly connected to your Mars, because of that semi-sextile. It is not as efficient as a sextile, but it is a similar type of aspect. It opens up possibilities.

Mars in Scorpio in the 1st can be a harsh placement. Sometimes we blame ourselves for things we are not responsible for. That semi-sextile to Jupiter allows you to open the door further to spiritual and cosmic understanding, and gives you a way to stop being so hard on yourself. :innocent:

The Jupiter connection brings you the pathway to finding support from Spirit and FAITH in the Cosmic Forces. I think your Mars in the 1st, the vulnerable self, needs that spiritual connection.

The quintile to Neptune is very nice and has a lot of potential. Quintiles are hidden talents that need to be discovered and nurtured. Often one has an innate talent in the arts/music and with beauty/form, that need to be perfected.

The Neptune is probably in Cap, as Virgo would have been too long ago. It would likely be in your 3rd or 4th. So You might have a talent or gift of communication, writing, teaching, and how to communicate your message with the talents and artistic/musical skills .

Yes, Jupiter is in Sag (2nd house)
Neptune (cj Uranus) is in Capricorn (3rd house)

That's a beautiful description of Jupiter!
Yes, there is no doubt that I needed this "cosmic" connexion.
Before the day I discovered astrology and the existence of spirituality, I was a very depressive and pessimistic person, I hated life since my childhood (because life seemed so absurd, even if sometimes I had happy moments).

I thought almost all this suffering and mental health issues were because of Mercury in 12th house craving spirituality. But maybe it was Mars too..

Otherwise I have no idea for this Neptune aspect.
What you said is true, I have several artistic skills, but never thought I had something to communicate. (maybe because lack of air and fire). It's like loving gift wrap, but having no gift idea to put inside the wrap ^^'