The Yod of God

Summery Joy

The Yod of God

Yeah, yeah. I know that it’s either called the “Yod” or “The Finger of God”. I just like the way it rhymes. Actually, The Finger of God is how I like to call this configuration because it was that name that drew me so much to studying it in the first place. Well, that and the fact that I have one focused on the Moon in the 12th house. Scary, huh? Especially with The Finger of God famous as a neurotic configuration.

Actually, researching this configuration almost gave me neurosis on its own. For some reason not too many astrologers give it the attention they give to other configurations like the Grand Trine or the T-Square. But it was worth every minute spent diving into books and googling up every keyword I could think of. It’s been so enlightening that I’d like to share it with you all. The advanced astrologists will have to forgive me for all the basic information in here. This article is mainly addressed to beginners.

The word “yod” is actually the name of the tenth letter in the Hebrew alphabet. It’s also a Hebrew word that means “hand”. With that finding and the fact that the tenth letter of any alphabet is associated with Jesus in traditional Christianity, it wasn’t too difficult to understand how the yod got its other name. In fact, the yod does point to a place that needs special focus in the chart, it’s almost like God trying to bring your attention to it.

The yod is special because, unlike other configurations, it is formed of very different aspects. There’s a sextile, two quincunxes and a midpoint axis whose ends may form a conjunction and/or an opposition (depending on how you like to use midpoints). See, a yod is formed when two planets, lets call them A and B, form a sextile. A third planet, that we will obviously call C, is positioned exactly opposite to the short distance midpoint between A and B (or in the exact spot of the long distance midpoint of A and B. Take your pick). This placement of C will put in two different quincunxes, one with A and the other with B. Drawing lines connecting all three points, A, B and C, will give you the shape of an isosceles triangle.

Now that we’re done describing the shape of the yod, it’s time to study its effect on the flow of energies between the planets. To do that, we need to study each component (aspect) in its simplest form. Let’s start with the easy one, the sextile. The sextile here is the base of our triangle. We all know that a sextile is a harmonious aspect. Basic astrology books describe its effect as that of a trine, only less. A sextile is harmonious because the planets involved are usually of the same duality, masculine or feminine. This helps the two planets get along and relate easily to one another. Also, they are of different triplicities (quality), which eliminates the conflict over roles or power.

While still on those two planets, it’s appropriate that we study their midpoints. A midpoint between two planets is what it is between any two objects. It is the spot exactly in the middle of the distance between the two points involved. The problem with midpoints in a horoscope, however, is that the two points are not placed on a straight line so that the distance could be measured like a segment. Instead, they are placed in on the circumference of a circle. When you place two objects on a circle, you get two results. One, the distance between them is bent, not straight. So we measure it using a protractor, not a ruler. Two, the planets are bound to be closer from one side than from the other. That is, we get a short distance between the planets involved on one side of the circle and long distance on the other, even if it is by a few minutes. When the midpoints on both distances are calculated, they turn out to be the exact polar opposite of one another (duh!). Connecting them would form the midpoint axis.

Midpoints are not as difficult to understand as they may first appear to be. They are simply what they arein every area in life. A midpoint is that place in the middle, a point where negotiation is easier than other points, a place where compromise is possible for both parties. I wish I could tell you that the energy flow is smoother on the short distance midpoint than that in the long distance midpoint, but I really don’t know that for sure. More research is due on my part, but my Gemini Ascendant is guessing that each point has its pros and cons. The bottom-line is that midpoints are where energies meet somehow. And since we are talking about energies that are already in harmony (two planets in a sextile, remember?), the midpoints involved here are points were those two planet almost unite.

OK. Done with the base of the isosceles, let’s move on to that lonely planet at the pointy end of it. We’ve already established that that planet is in conjunction with the long distance midpoint of the sextile and in opposition to the short distance midpoint. This means that it’s in a quincunx with each of the base planets. This alone is a difficult aspect. Why? Well, think about it this way. A quincunx is an angle of 150 degrees. It’s a semi-sextile too wide to be a trine and a semi-sextile too tight to be an opposition. So, it just happens to be in the middle, sometimes very harmonious and sometimes very stressful. You might say that a conjunction is the same way, but it really isn’t. In a conjunction, the harmonious and stressful energies are blended so that the natal can actually know what to expect. In a quincunx, it’s almost impossible to forecast the next outcome. See, the two planets in a quincunx are usually located in two completely different signs in terms of duality and triplicity. They don’t know what to expect of one another because they behave very differently. Each is a foreigner to the other. So they’re either really hospitable or really hostile. This relationship has a neurotic potential.

Now let’s go back to the ABC isosceles and study it as a whole. A and B are very harmonious and generally agree with one another. C is on the axis in which they most agree. And it just happens that A and B agree to behave unexpectedly to C. You know what this means? A and B can either be very nice to C or team up and beat the **** out of it. C will always be struggling with the AB team until the natal can find a way to reconcile the differences and develop an easier flow of energy that is not too neurotic for C and not too insulting for A and B.

If you have a yod in your chart, identify the planets, signs and houses involved. The energies of the base planets modified by the signs they’re in will be constantly poking the energy of the third planet which will take it in a way described by its sign placement. The house placement of the base planets will be the source of the problem while that of the third planet will be the area that gets most affected by it. The bright side of the a yod (and here’s where the name “Finger of God” resonates strongly again) is that although it gives much trouble growing up, if the natal manages to reconcile the differences he/she will be able to offer an enormous amount of help and support to other people who have any kind of problems in the areas described by the houses involved in his/her yod. It’s as if God or nature or whatever source of life you believe in is telling you to get over things because you have a message to deliver, a life purpose to fulfill.

I’ll use an example from my own chart. Like everyone born in the second half of the twentieth century, I have a sextile between Pluto and Neptune. But my natal Pluto is at 17th degrees Libra in the 5th house and my natal Neptune 17th degree Sagittarius in the 7th house. Not everyone born under this sextile has it so exact. Anyway, the base of the triangle here is indecisive and full of illusions and works mostly in the areas of romance, love and relationships. My natal moon is in Taurus in the ill-reputed 12th house. Granted it’s at the 22nd degree, but I figure an orb of 5 degrees is tight enough to consider the yod. As you can see, the intense/delusional love and romance issues mostly affected my psychological wellbeing. And with the Moon being the focus of the energy, it hasn’t been easy. And since it was a Taurus Moon, it wouldn’t let anyone know about it. Instead, it got the security it needed by not getting involved with anyone at all. I also have Uranus opposite the moon on the short distance midpoint of Pluto and Neptune making things even wilder and crazier, but that’s another story. The point is, after I finally managed to reconcile my energies and figured out how to balance them, I’ve discovered that I’m very gifted in helping people with their relationships and any psychological problems. I have always been actually, but I’ve only recently noticed how good I am and how people feel comfortable seeking me for help. I’m even considering changing my career and become a counselor, but let’s wait till the Saturn return first :D.

I’m almost done here, but before I wrap it up, I’d like to point out that even if you don’t have a yod in your natal chart, you have a potential one if you have a natal sextile. A yod can be formed by a transiting planet falling on the long distance midpoint of the planets forming your natal sextile. This means that there will be recurring times where the house placement of the transiting planet gets some negative attention; each time will differ a tad, though, depending on the transiting planet itself. Outer planets will form long lasting yods. Inner planets will only stay there for so long then move right along. Figure out how to deal with this negative attention. By time, those temporary yods won’t be much trouble, but will rather be times of self-examination and development. After that, you will be the best advice giver in the areas involved in your own yod.

Hope I’ve been helpful.

Arian Maverick

I am so excited to see that the Yod has triumphantly returned to the boards...thank you for reviving my favorite topic! *squeals*

Actually, The Finger of God is how I like to call this configuration because it was that name that drew me so much to studying it in the first place. Well, that and the fact that I have one focused on the Moon in the 12th house. Scary, huh? Especially with The Finger of God famous as a neurotic configuration.

Wow, that's certainly one heck of a placement for a yod! I have two malefics in my 12th house no matter what house system you use (Neptune and Saturn conjunction), and Uranus joins them there if you use the Equal House system, so I have a shrewd idea of the dreaded 12th house influence.

Actually, researching this configuration almost gave me neurosis on its own.

Yes! I know exactly what you mean; I have an entire folder dedicated to yods in my favorite places, and I have spent HOURS on end researching them...never finding enough information, never being satisfied. Though I have two main yods in my natal chart and another pointing to my North Node, forming a boomerang to the South Node...I was bound to become obsessed eventually :wink:

Although I have encountered most of the information you've written at one time or another, I found it quite helpful and informative to have another explanation, to have an idea presented in a different way. Thank you for your valuable insight.

A Fellow Yodian,
Aquarian Maverick

P.S. I also have a tight Aries stellium between three of my personal planets, so beware of my unbridled enthusiasm! :twisted:

Summery Joy

Aquarian Mavrick wrote

I also have a tight Aries stellium between three of my personal planets, so beware of my unbridled enthusiasm!

Mee too!! Except that mine is in Leo so I probably have more control than you :D

Glad you like the article. I'm thinking of writing another one studying different types of yods (natal, transiting, progressed, etc). Maybe you could help me out with all the resources you got. What do you think?

Arian Maverick

Mee too!! Except that mine is in Leo so I probably have more control than you

Ha, I bet you do...Aries is the baby of the zodiac after all :D

Glad you like the article. I'm thinking of writing another one studying different types of yods (natal, transiting, progressed, etc). Maybe you could help me out with all the resources you got. What do you think?

Ack, of course you asked me about a topic I do not know nearly as as much about...but then again, I've only really researched natal yods and I bet I could find some good info about other types as well. Sure, I'll help with resources and such if I can...but I have terrible perpetual writer's block, and that compared with the compulsion and perfectionism of my yods (pluto apex in Scorpio...not pretty) renders me useless in such endeavors. The sad thing about all of this is that I'm more than a decent writer, but I'm so self-critical that I can never get passed my topic sentence without making at least twenty corrections. And I spend the rest of that time idle at my keyboard idle, conjuring worst-case-scenerios in my head in which my ideas are scorned. It's tough having one or more yods in your chart, isn't it? :oops:

Aquarian Maverick

johan

Hi Sorehearted,

I really like your post of the yod,first extended general information,and than an example of how you experience the yod in your chart.

Me myself am totally lost now in astrologyland,just recognizing only a few things in my own chart,so I was hoping you can help me here a little bit.

My yod is pluto in virgo in H12 with neptune in scorpio in H3,the apexplanets are venus and saturn in the end of H7.(They are in conjunction)

I really tried to see how this yod can be of value of me and others.Understanding it correctly,the yod can give difficulties in earlier times in your life,but if you master it it can be helpful for yourself and others.

Really tried to understand it with houses and aspects and signs and the meaning of planets,and reading and trying etc. etc. etc.It is really frustating me that I cannot make a total picture of it myself.

Just hoping you can make something of it,it doesn't have to be correct,just hope you give it a try,so I can work on it myself.

An eager student of astrology
Johan

Arian Maverick

What am I, chopped liver? :roll:

I think it would be easier for everyone to interpret your yod if you posted your natal information...people tend to be visual around here.

I too am on a similar quest, so hopefully we can learn together...I have several conjunct planets involved in my yods, so I can relate to the multiple combination of energies. First it might be useful to assess these conjunctions and see if you can find any information in the particular manner in which this energy may manifest. For example, I have a Saturn/Neptune conjunction that forms one of the points of my yods and I located a great article about it here:

http://www.astrologyforthesoul.com/billstreett/satnepgestalt.html

I know this probably doesn't relate to your own natal chart, but it may be beneficial for you to read if only to gain an introduction on how two very different energies (i.e. Saturn/Venus) may combine in a beneficial manner.

Remember that there really isn't any one part of your chart that's more important than another...I tend to get really excited about my yods since my chart would look rather plain without them, but you can find value in every dynamic--whether it is perceived as a benefic (good) or malefic (bad).

Aquarian Maverick

Arian Maverick

I admit that I have not mastered intuitive interpretation yet, but perhaps I can be of use assembling the pieces so you can make your own conclusions. Here's some information I found:

Venus conjunct Saturn
A conjunction of Venus and Saturn shows the necessity to make concessions to others to get what you want. You have to adjust to make relationships work. Many of your relationships are unsatisfactory or restricting in some ways. You feel you are being used or perhaps they are just not fulfilling. It may be that you have to give more than the other person does. Pessimism may mark your attitude toward personal relationships. This aspect also relates to financial matters. Your judgment in material affairs is sound, and you are very self-disciplined in handling money.

These energies are found in the seventh house of "marriage and all forms of partnerships"...VERY interesting and relatively straight-forward from the above description, I think. And with this as the apex point, the Yod of God is giving is not simply nudging you to think about your relationships...the "finger" will poke you repeatedly in the gut you until the situation gets your attention! 8)

I have also seen some of our more experienced members on these boards take the Sabian Symbol of the point exactly opposite the apex...you may be surprised at the insight this may provide!

My 2c worth,
Aquarian Maverick

johan

Sorry aquarian maverick,this was not meant to exclude everyone out so only sorehearted would react,but because she found out herself what the yod meant to her,i was hoping she could also shed some light about my yod.

And i am happy to join you on your quest to learn astrology....
But i am also angry with myself for not coming any further right now.

So i am trying here to gain some insights here on the yod(i know i should consider the whole chart aquarian maverick).
Thanks for the information so far.I am hoping that someone will try to interpret my yod as a whole,concerning the houses and signs and planets,so feel free a.m!
My birthdata can be found in the thread pluto-mercury by the way,i have seen your chart

By the way, what does maverick mean?

Johan

Arian Maverick

Sorry aquarian maverick,this was not meant to exclude everyone out so only sorehearted would react,but because she found out herself what the yod meant to her,i was hoping she could also shed some light about my yod.

I too must appologize...my fiery Aries stellium (which includes the Sun--ego) gives me a tendency to react a bit too quickly to trifle situations.

And i am happy to join you on your quest to learn astrology....
But i am also angry with myself for not coming any further right now.

I know exactly how you feel...no matter how many questions I've asked, no matter how many wonderful replies I've received, I feel as if I have only hacked away at the tip of the iceburg--and there's still such a long way to go. Perhaps it comes with the Yod territory...in that case, consider yourself fully initiated and part of the club! 8)

Here's some advice...but as the popular saying going around here (I forget exactly who uses it) "take what fits and ditch the rest."

Sometimes I have to remind myself that Astrology is not an exact science, but rather an intuitive art--based on scientific calculations of course, yet it transcends numbers and degrees and orbs. You have to trust your instincts--a daunting task, I know, and one I will likely struggle with for the rest of my life--and embrace your own truths.

By the way, what does maverick mean?

I'm glad you asked! Let's consult dictionary.com for this one...

Maverick- One that refuses to abide by the dictates of or resists adherence to a group; a dissenter.

My ruling planet is Uranus, after all :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

sophie

yod the finger of god

:evil: :D :twisted: Yod is in my chart to. Thank you for this interesting interpretation and as your explanations flow i could reconnize a direct and cruel experience i had with my yod. First of all to place a real yod the apex planet has to be a personnal one, it excludes others.
To speak about my darling one i get hurt but did not get the best of it so I am still seeking for directions.... :idea: Some help please....
so the bas is a sextile neptune 6°Scorpio in IV H/ saturne 5° Capricorne in VI H;;the apex is mars 5° Gemini in XI H. Complication comes with jupiter 1° Sagi opp mars standing in the middle.
I met two strangers at differents parts of my life and the propose was truelly love or hate i did felt on both and was nearly dead, then i became a fortune teller and spoke with thousands people on phone. I helped but it weaked my self. Originally i am an artist but my creativity gets some how destroyed by the whole experience. The finger was so violent i never recover really even if married now it was like escaping thoses violentissimo events. If you get any idea about how i can heal thank's a lot

pwadm

Staff member
Great post, SoreHearted!

I don't have a natal yod, but just like almost everybody here in their 20ies there is a natal Pluto Neptune sextile. In 1998 when the secondary progressed Moon was in exact quincunx with both Neptune and Pluto - forming a yod, a finger of God, I went to yoga classes, and met a yoga master, a guru, who is member of the world yoga board. Then a little bit later, when the progressed Moon was the apex of a yod formed by Neptune and Mars, I started practicing hatha yoga, which was really a spiritualizing experience. (Mars and Pluto are conjunct in my chart).
Pluto & Neptune = spiritual master, guru
Mars & Neptune = hatha yoga

I should study this further, it's quite interesting.

Btw, do you people think that there is a relationship between yod and iodine ?!? Iodine is a chemical element required for the well functioning of the thyroid gland, for the secretion of thyroidian hormones. Lack of iodine in diet during early infancy leads to cretinism.

Summery Joy

Wow, my Leo stellium is ecstatic with all the attention this thread is getting. I’m glad so many of you find it helpful.

Radu,

I don't really know if there's a relation, but I don't know that much about idine. It's a notion that should be researched though.

Now, let’s take one personal yod at a time.

johan,

I tried constructing your natal chart using the data you provided in the Pluto-Mercury thread, but got you Venus and Saturn in the 8th house, not the 7th.

Your data as you provided it was

Born on the 26th of march 1969,18.28 in Slikkerveer, the Netherlands.

I got an ASC at 0 degrees Libra and Venus and Saturn a couple of degrees into the 8th house. I’d rather not take a shot at your yod until you assure me that I have the correct chart here.

Sophie,

Although I’d rather take a look at your chart as a whole, I’ll try to work with the information you’ve provided.

The base is the Scorpio Neptune in 4th house sextile the Capricorn Saturn in the 6th house.

The Capricorn Saturn in the 6th house is already a restriction factor in your chart. This placement increases both ambition and fear. It makes the natal responsible; so responsible they almost cannot have fun. The fear factor plus the responsible sense eventually drives the natal to put rationality above emotions. That’s at best. At worst, the natal can completely disown their emotions due to fear of getting hurt or the scare of having their feelings for others allow those others to have power over them. Saturn in your chart is also in the 6th house. Saturn works well in the 6th house. Its Capricorn traits here are, thus, dignified. The 6th house Saturn also may make you a hard worker who doesn’t get the recognition or compensation you deserve until very late on the same job. Although this may be very frustrating, it offers good potential of starting your own business where you can be the boss, the one who calls the shots.

The Scorpio Neptune in the 4th house is a placement that can be interpreted in so many different ways. What I can tell you for sure is that Neptune’s illusions colored with the Scorpio shade of transformation and intensity will cause you to “expect” emotional support and valuables (material and otherwise) from others. Being in the 4th house, the others here are you family, close beloveds and anything related to your parents or household. You are probably very sensitive to your inner, personal environment expecting the same from those around you. At its best, this placement could mean very strong emotional bonds between you and your family. At its worst, it could mean deception in the home life.

These two energies work well together because of the sextile combining them. Working well doesn’t mean the effect is good. Rather, it means that each can function without conflict, but with support of the other. Normally, a Neptune-Saturn sextile means that the natal can bring realism and idealism together to accomplish goals and dreams. The problem you have here is the sign placements of the two planets, Scorpio and Capricorn. When combining Capricorn and Scorpio we combine sensitivity and responsibility at best and planning and revenge at worst. The two areas generating any issues involved here are home, emotions, security, etc and work, duty, service, etc.

I suggest that you use any online midpoint calculator using the exact placements of Neptune and Saturn (By degrees and minutes). Look up the Sabian Symbols for both the short and long distance midpoints to get an extra insight about your yod.

That was the base of the isosceles; let’s move on to the apex.

The planet suffering the neurotic relationship with the Neptune-Saturn team is your Gemini Mars in the 11th house. Mars’ main function is drive and passion. In a mutable sign like Gemini, its focus is scattered about a bit. The natal tends to get easily bored with current endeavors, always looking for something new; otherwise, the natal loses their energy and becomes sort of empty, uninterested in things in general. Also, Mars functions as our warrior side and in Gemini your weapon is a verbal one. You use word for attack and defense. A debate with you would be a difficult one to win. As a ruler of some of the attraction factors, Mars Gemini will get you attracted to men who make you curious in general, guys whose only constant is change. Unfortunately, Mars in Gemini is less independent than it would like to be.

Mars in the 11th house will give you a passion for friendships from different circles, humanitarian purposes and (here comes the first conflict) the tendency to give outside circles priority over family and close circles. Also, the fact that your Mars is Geminian will constantly drive you to change circles or at least make new friends all the time. The result is a wide circle of completely different acquaintances and very, very few friends, if any.

Done with the apex. Now, let’s take a look at the dynamic as a whole.

This is your yod as it looks to me:
The Neptune-Saturn sextile versus Mars,
Scorpio energy + Capricorn energy against Gemini energy
Family and home with work and responsibility on one side and outer social circles and higher hopes on the other side

Growing up, you probably faced problems relating to your inability to decide whether your priority was you first or others first. Sometimes it seemed as if you could manage both, but for the most part you just couldn’t. You felt the need to be free of liability, but liability always chased you (and you always chased it, in case you didn’t know). You had problems with self-confidence, especially when comparing yourself to other people doing the same thing that you did (colleagues or school peers perhaps). You’ve probably tried to assert yourself (maybe in the area of home and emotions as compensation mechanism), yet there were still lots of disappointments to deal with. You may have tried to look for other states of consciousness to ease all the pain. As you’ve already said, you tried to be a fortuneteller. I can see how you got there. You’d better be careful, though, because extra stress or exhaustion may lead you to seek the numbing effects of drugs or alcohol. On a harmless side though, you may be lead to consider religion and spirituality or to study the human nature through one discipline or another, like psychology or (surprise, surprise) astrology.

All in all, you probably grew up with feeling that your responsibility for home (family, emotions, loved ones, etc) and service (work, duty, worry about others, etc.) has been conflicting with your hopes to make a difference in the world and humankind (this could be on a large or small scale, depending on the size of your social circle). Sometimes you feel the home and service is the way to go, but no matter how many times you decide to stick to them, you get drawn back out and the war starts again.

What you really need to find a way to reconcile the differences between your responsibility for your closer circle and your purpose for the outer-circle. It’s highly likely that you have been putting yourself through this stress all that time and thinking it’s others that have been doing this to you. Remember, people treat us the way we treat ourselves, they look upon us the way we look upon ourselves. It’s possible that your need to chose between one side or the other is the reason why people have expected you to do that. The fact of the matter is, you can resolve these issues starting with self-confidence and people will sort of just adapt to your choice.

I’m done here, but I need to note again and again that I’ve only explored this one yod and I have no idea what the rest of your chart looks like. Other natal placements of yours may alter the effect of this yod.

Hope I’ve been helpful.

wilsontc

Staff member
Boomerang

heart,

Great job with analyzing Sophie's yod. The only thing I'd add is that the "Yod" is actually a "boomerang". Sophie said:
the bas is a sextile neptune 6°Scorpio in IV H/ saturne 5° Capricorne in VI H;;the apex is mars 5° Gemini in XI H. Complication comes with jupiter 1° Sagi opp mars standing in the middle....

That opposition to Mars changes the focus from Mars (being, also action) to Jupiter (expansion, also wisdom), so there is a focus on knowing USING Sophie's understanding of who she is what she does (i.e., her "being"). More about boomerangs here:
http://www.astro-horoscopes.net/HTML/FAQs/AspectPatterns.html#Boomerang

Boomeranging,

Tim

wilsontc

Staff member
Planets between two houses

heart,

You are correct:
...got you [Johan] Venus and Saturn in the 8th house, not the 7th.

Venus and Saturn are in the 8th house and VERY close to the 7th house, so I would position Venus and Saturn as being in BOTH houses. So Venus and Saturn are in the 7th using this system. The other thing to remember about Venus and Saturn in the 7th is that Venus RULES (easy energy) the 7th and Saturn is EXALTED (very easy energy) in the 7th. So Venus conjunct (energy is combined with) go VERY well in the 7th house. Since Saturn has to do with duty and responsibility and Venus has to do with relationships, the person with Venus conjunct Saturn in the 7th will tend to do best with serious, long-term relationships and may business partnerships (since Saturn also has to do with career).

That being said, since Venus is ALSO focused in the 8th house (transformation, also control), the house of its detriment (challenging energy), relationships could also be a source of challenges and a need to "control or be controlled".

Also, Aries (being) modifies Saturn, which is Saturn in the sign of its fall (very challenging) energy, which could indicate the person is more concerned for their self and how they are in the relationship than in the relationship itself.

This combination of challenging and easy energies with Venus conjunct Saturn could result in relationships "going back and forth": sometimes easy but other times very challenging.

Saturnally yours,

Tim

johan

Sorehearted,

It's the placidus/koch thing again.

Really liked what you wrote for Sophie,hope you will give it a go for me to,as soon as you have the time of course.

Radu,I don't know if this is helpful,but there is a dutch website concerning the relationship of chakras and organs,think you can translate it with bablefish.In dutch iodine is called jodium,and this product is only used for the thyroid gland: www.stamcel.org/html/schildklier.htm

If you can translate it ,I think you like it,a virgolike summary this site gives :roll:

Johan

johan

Wilson tc,

Had not seen your post,because I was creating mine.
Gonna study it now.
And to confuse a beginner in astrology like me more:In aries,sun is in exaltation ,saturn in fall and venus in detriment if I am correct.H7 is like libra,so logically it is almost the other way around(venus as the ruler,saturn in exaltation and sun in fall)
What is of more weight to you here,wilson tc,the house or the sign?Sorry,typing this I am going to fast here for myself,first gonna read your post thoroughly,just a little bit overexcited here.....

I have edited this post,wilsontc,I understand what you mean,so forget the above question,really have the feeling i learned here something,thanks.

Summery Joy

Johan,

I only do placedius, so that's what I'll use. Forgive me if I'm imposing a specfic system, but I don't know how to use the other systems. I'll post my interpretation of your yod tomorrow though.

Tim,

You said;
Saturn is EXALTED (very easy energy) in the 7th

Isn't Saturn exalted in the 6th house? I think Saturn in the 7th is an affliction to the house.

pwadm

Staff member
sorehearted said:
Isn't Saturn exalted in the 6th house? I think Saturn in the 7th is an affliction to the house.
If there is to be a house "exaltation" of the planets, the traditional astrology term to be used is "joy". The astrological tradition considers that Mercury has its joy in the 1st house, the Moon in the 3rd house, Venus in the 5th house, Mars in the 6th house, the Sun in the 9th house, Jupiter in the 11th house and Saturn in the 12th house.

Arian Maverick

If there is to be a house "exaltation" of the planets, the traditional astrology term to be used is "joy". The astrological tradition considers that Mercury has its joy in the 1st house, the Moon in the 3rd house, Venus in the 5th house, Mars in the 6th house, the Sun in the 9th house, Jupiter in the 11th house and Saturn in the 12th house.

Really? My Saturn doesn't seem very joyful in the 12th house to me... :roll:

Aquarian Maverick