What is HERMETICISM? Is it a religion?

SunConjunctUranus

According to this website : https://www.hermeticfellowship.org/HFHermeticism.html

"Hermeticism is an ancient spiritual, philosophical, and magical tradition. It is a path of spiritual growth. Hermeticism takes its name from the God Hermês Trismegistos (Greek, "Thrice-Greatest Hermes"), a Græco-Egyptian form of the great Egyptian God of Wisdom and Magic, Thôth."

And according to this : https://www2.kenyon.edu/Depts/Religion/Fac/Adler/Reln101/definitions.pdf

"A religion is a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things, that is to say, things set apart and forbidden – beliefs and practices which unite into one single moral community called a Church, all those who adhere to them." (b) [Religion is] "the self-validation of a society by means of myth and ritual." [seeÉmile Durkeim, The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life]

What do you know about Hermeticism? Or what do you think about Hermeticism?

If someone in a formal constitution is recognized by the authorities as adhering to the specific religion nor the religion that came from their parents, do you think someone is said to be sinful when worshiping by adhering to and/or combining several religions? Why?

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

According to this website : https://www.hermeticfellowship.org/HFHermeticism.html

"Hermeticism is an ancient spiritual, philosophical, and magical tradition. It is a path of spiritual growth. Hermeticism takes its name from the God Hermês Trismegistos (Greek, "Thrice-Greatest Hermes"), a Græco-Egyptian form of the great Egyptian God of Wisdom and Magic, Thôth."

And according to this : https://www2.kenyon.edu/Depts/Religion/Fac/Adler/Reln101/definitions.pdf

"A religion is a unified system of beliefs and practices relative to sacred things, that is to say, things set apart and forbidden – beliefs and practices which unite into one single moral community called a Church, all those who adhere to them." (b) [Religion is] "the self-validation of a society by means of myth and ritual." [seeÉmile Durkeim, The Elementary Forms of the Religious Life]

What do you know about Hermeticism? Or what do you think about Hermeticism?

If someone in a formal constitution is recognized by the authorities as adhering to the specific religion nor the religion that came from their parents, do you think someone is said to be sinful when worshiping by adhering to and/or combining several religions? Why?
51RkKAYpYjL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Sun Conjunct Uranus,
Hermeticism is the single greatest influence on religion on upper levels, it is also the single greatest influence on secret societies where they pick days aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, Belt of Orion.
Most constitutions around the world are or have been aligned, as well as many wars, assassinations and religious dates.
These beliefs have changed history like no other effect.

Monk

Premium Member
Please ask questions, i am a student in Hermetic philosophy, Archaeoastronomy and advanced Sacred Geometry.
up5c6ed76f.png

SunConjunctUranus

Hi Sun Conjunct Uranus,
Hermeticism is the single greatest influence on religion on upper levels, it is also the single greatest influence on secret societies where they pick days aligned to Sirius and Alnilam, Belt of Orion.
Most constitutions around the world are or have been aligned, as well as many wars, assassinations and religious dates.
These beliefs have changed history like no other effect.

Hi Monk,

I know that "Abrahamic 3rd major" has been imitating the Hermeticism's teaching. However, I don't know about your claim pertaining to Hermeticism's influence to most constitutions around the world. To my knowledge, Constantinenople's Civil Law is singlehandedly the most influental constitution, even your country's Common Law originally adopting Constantinenople's. I'm interested to know Hermeticism's relation to this popular view on constitution. Do you have something to say?

I'm interested too that you mentioned Sirius, and other fixed stars. Is this have any plain corelation with astrology as a whole?

If the Lord Hermes is Egyptian-Greek's lord, so they must have relation with sub-philosophy to Stoicsm, Platonism, and other branch of Greek's philosophy. Could you elaborate on this?

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Sun Conjunct Uranius,
I'll start with a few questions, that i will enlarge on as we go on, it will be a long thread, so be patient as i'm disabled.
Usually Hermetic philosophy uses the most ancient of astrology, being parans in electional astrology, the implication of day starts are used, being Modern Midnight, ancient Greek day marker, being Sun set of previous day to midnight, and ancient Roman and Egyptian day start, being Sun rise
This means there are 3 ways to start a chart, and is crucial in checking if Hermetic electional astrology has taken part....all are used to keep you guessing!
Further to this you use the four angles being Asc., Zenith, setting angle or Ds and Nadir or Ic. So in the course of the year, as the Sun appears to move across the Zodiac at approx. one degree a day, in using a strict margin or orb of 1* degree in any one location we could estimate that Sirius or Alnilam could only aligned 24 times a year, however these days we can loose an alignment due to application of Summer Time.
We can also note that during a year we can get a double alignment, this could happen as an example Sun setting while Alnilam is on the Nadir, and Sirius rising at midnight, actual time alignments are rarely used, the assassination of Lincoln did use an actual time alignment, this would stick out like a sore thumb to astrologers if they were constantly used as being electional.

So for each star (Alnilam, Belt of Orion, and Osiris star and Sirius being Isis),
For midnight we have four angles
=4 days.
For Sunset we have four angles= 4 days.
For Sunrise we have four angles = 4 days.
For both stars that would mean that it would happen 24 times in the course of a year of 365 days, but as i have mentioned it can happen that you can get a combination of both on one day, and Summer time can effect this, an average is 22 times a year or less than two times a month that these alignments can occur naturally, so if you look through history to find important dates when they have been used, and you have researched most of history, the chances are that these alignments are electional astrology.
For any trying to follow this then you need accurate astronomy settings, Projected Measure on Fixed Stars is totally inaccurate to astronomy, which is visual.
Osiris and Isis is where the Hermetic Tradition starts, i start in fairly modern times with "In God We Trust" that is on the $20 dollar bill that was approved in Washington DC by President Eisenhower on 30th July 1956.
So which goddess was he thinking of?
The most powerful alignment in Hermetic astrology is Sirius/Isis rising with the Sun being the heliacal rising star, it is connected to the ancient Egyptian Calendar and Thoth as a calendar builder.
Info and archaeoastronomy graph below showing Sirius rising with the Sun on date and location
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_God_We_Trust
rn5bddbee3.png

Last edited:

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Sun Conjunct Uranus,
Obviously i have so much yet to show, and i'm not willing to get into a dog fight regarding the beliefs of religion.
However you ask about religion, and i'm not trying to decipher the Quran, i'm only leaving a link:-
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=53&verse=49
In looking at the Christian religion, i would look firstly at the Reformation and the Papal Bull regarding "The Inquisition" applied in Rome on 21st July 1542. Link below:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Congregation_for_the_Doctrine_of_the_Faith
A few years later, the Jesuits were formed in Rome on same date, both graphs show the same, Sirius rising with the Sun!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exposcit_debitum

I have only put Inquisition graph below, as the Jesuits were founded on same date in 1550.
py5c2b65c5.png

Last edited:

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Sun Conjunct Uranus,
Thanks for your moderate reply, i'm glad that we will not have heated debate regarding religious beliefs.
Some times it is easier to show you my research by method of a cluster, which i will choose, being the East Coast area of the United States, which cuts down the odds of chance still further...however i'm not picking on America, as mostly i can show this mostly all over the world.
I will start with the American Declaration of Independence, being on 4th July 1776 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Ancient Egyptian Sun rise day marker chosen, Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star was the heliacal rising star.
Astronomical graph showing this below:-
az5bce06fa.png

Cold Fusion

Please ask questions, i am a student in Hermetic philosophy, Archaeoastronomy and advanced Sacred Geometry.
up5c6ed76f.png

I've been experimenting and learning about the ratio for a few years now, I've came up with a few interesting ones.

30eb0w.jpg

Couple examples showing weight differences with the ratio.

301909.jpg

Attachments

• 30p91o.jpg
    30p91o.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Cold Fusion,
I'm often drawing Phi, Golden Ratio, Pentagons and Dodecahedrons, one of my scribbles below:-
jz5bcf17c3.png

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Sun Conjunct Uranus & Jup,
I thought i would show how in one location you can get a double alignment,which means that you cant get 24 chance alignments in a year, so the odds of chance is well below twice in any stretch of 30 days.
The example i am showing is the resigned Prime Minister of U.K's Birth Parans, being Theresa May.
Below is Ancient Egyptian Day Marker being Sunrise as Sirius is culminating for 1st October 1956 in Eastbourne:-
vo5cebb73b.png

Monk

Premium Member
At midnight day marker on same day we find Alnilam rising.
If beliefs in these stars brought her to high office, it didn't make her an effective Prime Minister.
It could be alleged that the rituals that Hermetic secret societies perform could add to the power of star alignments in deliberate electional astrology.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theresa_May
rk5cebb713.png

Monk

Premium Member
The single alignment that is the most important regarding the C.I.A, obviously they only moved to Langley in 1960's, being in Washington DC before that, was the National Security Act of 1947, the department of War, Department of Army, Department of Navy, Department of Air Force, National Security Council, all were aligned to September 18th 1947.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Act_of_1947
Egyptian Sunrise day marker was chosen being sunrise, below is astronomical graph of the Sun rising on date and location of Washington DC:-

ry5c4b1cb9.png

go5c4b1ed6.png

The second astronomical graph above is at the same time and location, which shows as the Sun rose Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star was culminating at Due South, This is hermetic philosophy and electional astrology in practice!

Last edited: