The three Lilities: The Triple Moon Goddess

poyi

Premium Member
Hello members

It is came to my new curiosity about the three Lilities. Found the follow link and how to draw up a chart with them from astro.com

http://darkstarastrology.com/triple-moon-goddess-lilith-astrology/

I would like to ask if members are aware of them and care to share their research and knowledge about them, particularly in relaion to natal chart reading.

Many thanks!

Zarathu

Account Closed
Last edited:

Moog

Maybe I'm confused, or maybe this is confusing.

I find it confusing to associate the triple moon goddess facets with Lillith.

Seems like they are their own thing.

The Asteroid Lilith describes the first stage in the mythical journey where she is suppressed, humiliated and flees in a fiery rage to the desolate wilderness. The Dark Moon Lilith depicts the pain of her exile where she plots and executes revenge. The Black Moon Lilith shows how she transmutes her distorted image back into its natural healthy expression” [1]

The above does not correlate with the traditional triple goddess/moon phase symbolism as I understand it in any way. This seems to be an entirely different story, and mixing them up bothers me.

I know you didn't ask for opinions of this sort, but I'm bothered enough.

Kirka

I extracted what I thought most important for the discussion from the article on

Asteroid Lilith is like URANUS/ERIS. Uranus having been castrated makes him asexual, he is often sited as being the “gay” planet which is suggestive of alternative lifestyles.
KEY WORDS. Rebellion, feminist, prostitution, exile, freedom fighter, confrontational, equality, impulsive, innovative, unconventional, asexual, instinctual, hands-on healing. (marked Lilit in astro.com chart)

Just as there is a Lunar mean and true Node, so there is a Mean and True (osculating) Lilith. As I have found True Lilith to have just as strong an influence as Mean Lilith. Together they form according to Lilith expert Kelly Hunter, a Black Moon Corridor. Black Moon Lilith is like NEPTUNE/ERIS. The zone has shamanic qualities, a similar effect to using drugs to break down the barriers to the unconscious. Like deceptive Neptune when drugged, this zone can let in the demons as well as messages from the spirits.
KEY WORDS. Magic, animal magnetism, kundalini, creative force, tantric sex, seduction, intuition, psychic ability, imagination, poetry, psychic healing, hypnotism, charisma, glamour, shamanism, mushrooms, psychedelic drugs. (corridor is marked from Lilith to osc.Lilith in astro.com chart)

The Dark Moon is the hurt, nasty side of Lilith, and very much like Algol the notorious Fixed star. It can be channeled beneficially if used without ego to release negativity through creativity or art therapy. Dark Moon Lilith is like PLUTO/ERIS. Dark Moon then can work two ways like the myth, we either face our Demons and release them safely or we bury them. If they are allowed to fester they become enraged, then we risk them breaking out and psychically “raping” us. (marked as Waldemath in astro.com chart)

I've never heard of this before but it sounds very interesting. I just calculated my Liliths and they occupy my 1st, 2nd and 7th houses.

poyi

Premium Member
Maybe I'm confused, or maybe this is confusing.

I find it confusing to associate the triple moon goddess facets with Lillith.

Seems like they are their own thing.

The above does not correlate with the traditional triple goddess/moon phase symbolism as I understand it in any way. This seems to be an entirely different story, and mixing them up bothers me.

I know you didn't ask for opinions of this sort, but I'm bothered enough.

Where the three Lilith came from:

"Astrologically, there are three Liliths which include the Asteroid Lilith, found orbiting in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter; the controversial Dark Moon Lilith that is said to be the Earth's second Moon by those who have claimed to see it over the last four centuries; and Black Moon Lilith, an abstract, geometrical point in space. Together they work as a Triple Moon Goddess, which describes a process of transformation. All three Liliths are interconnected in their meanings--all three names appear valid as they all seem to describe the same thing. All have similar meanings drawn from the myths of Lilith."

The Dark Moon is also known as Waldemath Moon, believed as the satellite of the Earth can only be seen when it is dark enough. It represents the darkest psyche of our personality, often hidden under unconsciousness level.

http://secretsofthenight-mxtodis123.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/three-faces-of-lilithin-astrology.html

Through my brief research this morning, it is known as a Lilith with three faces, three aspects.

"..asteroid Lilith. Like Lilith herself, the Three Liliths only have one real "physical" incarnation, Asteroid Lilith would be the only actual physical body in the sky. The two others are hypothetical points in the sky. Asteroid Lilith's number is 1181. There are different ways people interpret Asteroid Lilith, but I would interpret this body as being in tune with Lilith's earthly life in Eden. I see it as governing aspects of independence, sexual aggressiveness and manipulation, and one's intelligence and ability to obtain and use information to personal benefit.

....the Dark Moon is supposedly a non-reflective body orbiting the earth. So far, nobody has been able to pinpoint this "orbiting cluster of spacedust" in the sky, leading many to believe that it doesn't exist at all.... it could reasonably be used as yet another hypothetical point in the sky.... is seen as governing illness, emotionally charged issues related to motherhood, and an individual's darker aspects, sexual abnormalities, and secretive habits.

Black Moon Lilith is different from Dark Moon Lilith, as it is not proported to be an actual body as Dark Moon Lilith is supposed to be. Black Moon Lilith is a hypothetical point in the sky, midway between the Earth and the Lunar apogee."

http://lilithgate.atspace.org/essays/astrolilith.html

So basically thatis similar as having One Moon but Two Nodes.

As it is described above and according to myth, Lilith is the representation of Witchcraft and magic.

I would like to believe other than the Moon, who states the obvious of our psyche, consciousness, emotions, I would assume Lilith be the hidden side of the other version of our Moon.

poyi

Premium Member

dr. farr

An excellent resource about Dark Moon Lilith (the one I use, the crescent on cross symbolized Lilith as calculated to charts by checking "Lilith" in the "additional objects" box on the astro.com chart erection page) is the Wilson-Ludlam book, "Lilith Insight", readily available from various internet vendors (heck you can get a copy from Amazon Books for on $3.75!!)

I regard it as a "mini-South Node" in its effects, and connect it with the quality of Chaos in the Universe; I have found it prominent in many of the 22 mundane disaster charts I have been studying over the past year.

Last edited:

poyi

Premium Member
I just notice I have natal Black Moon Lilith contraparallel and square Chiron

I would like to share the research I found from this aspect for those use Lilith.

"The association of Chiron (the wounded part of yourself) and Black Moon (the depths of the unconscious mind).

In the case of a conjunction or an opposition, this association is particularly significant. It can hold the key to the entire chart, meaning it can point to inner issues that explain your deepest motivations or emotional blockages. At the same time, if the native has worked on himself/herself, the aspect can indicate an extreme strength.

The meeting of Chiron, the wounded healer, and of Black Moon-Lilith, a highly metaphysical point of the chart, can indicate that the native has exceptional healing abilities. This is particularly true for the conjunction.

But these abilities are likely to be revealed only after the person undergoes a profound work of self exploration and transformation. The symbolism of Chiron is that of the wounded part of yourself. Its association with the Black Moon, which stands for the deepest of the human psyche, suggests that the self exploration work will have to be carried in extremely profound parts of the subconscious and the unconscious mind. This calls for high doses of regression! There is likely to be a great power hidden inside yourself, but only great work will lead you to it."

http://lilith.tribe.net/thread/efbd2338-b276-4c21-85a3-c3848cff82f3

I do think I spent all my energy through learning, observing myself and other people to heal/transformation but that is also to do with my natal Pluto transit to my Saturn, Sun, Mercury, Uranus, Jupiter, South Node, Neptune, Mars, Venus as conjunctions and square only since birth. My natal Pluto quincunx Chiron. The only opposition aspect I have other than those with MC or Moon Nodes are all linked to Chiron. Chiron is the mean point of completing Grand Trine from Venus, Mars and Moon.

I wish more astrologers continue their research on Chiron and Lilith. :happy:

Last edited: