Love at first sight aspects

Cary2

Banned
"Love at first sight" belongs to the mythology of romance. Of course something like that has happened many times, but with mixed results. "Love at first sight" does not specify real, true, or lasting love, which is the measure of love used by many.

The so-called love-at-first-sight experience is usually a Venus/Uranus experience, a contact between Venus and Uranus in natal, progressed or relational charts. Venus/Uranus often signifies relationships that start with a bang and are exciting while they last. They frequently do not last long. Venus/Uranus aspects in synastry and composite have much potential for satisfying relationships, but they also occur in brief and erratic ones. One must assess the whole. The better Venus-Uranus relationships are ever-new and refreshing.

Beyond that, any strong contact in synastry can trigger such an experience, especially Mars-Venus contacts.

Going from partner to partner is an exciting pastime, but it has little to do with love. It is lust and excitement usually. Studying solid and sturdy relationships astrologically can point this out rather well.

Lovelyjoya

"Love at first sight" belongs to the mythology of romance. Of course something like that has happened many times, but with mixed results. "Love at first sight" does not specify real, true, or lasting love, which is the measure of love used by many.

The so-called love-at-first-sight experience is usually a Venus/Uranus experience, a contact between Venus and Uranus in natal, progressed or relational charts. Venus/Uranus often signifies relationships that start with a bang and are exciting while they last. They frequently do not last long. Venus/Uranus aspects in synastry and composite have much potential for satisfying relationships, but they also occur in brief and erratic ones. One must assess the whole. The better Venus-Uranus relationships are ever-new and refreshing.

Beyond that, any strong contact in synastry can trigger such an experience, especially Mars-Venus contacts.

Going from partner to partner is an exciting pastime, but it has little to do with love. It is lust and excitement usually. Studying solid and sturdy relationships astrologically can point this out rather well.
Hey ! Thanks for your reply ! Do you think moon in 8th house synastry can cause love at first sight ?

IleneK

Premium Member
Hey ! Thanks for your reply ! Do you think moon in 8th house synastry can cause love at first sight ?

I agree with Cary's reply about this.
I do think that someone's Sun sitting on the cusp on the native's 7th house can be love at first sight. I've experienced it personally.
Also Venus Uranus is a spark that feels like love at first sight. I've experienced that as well.

In both examples, it clearly depends upon the rest of the synastry as well as causes and conditions leading up to the meeting that will determine the longevity of the love at first sight.

Zeuses

Completely agree with this. Love takes some time to grow whereas lust, excitement and fun can be immediate.

Zeuses

Hi !I was wondrring what causes "love at first sight" in aspects and house overlays in synastry and composite ?
I think Neptune opposing Venus transit can make you feel like you have met your soulmate etc but it is usually just an illusion which you find out at the end of the transit.

Cassiopeia

In all my relationships there was an aspect between Venus and Uranus. It was not really love at first sight, but a kind of intrigued to know that person better at the first sight... Lots of fun and no boredom. Luckily there was enough Saturn to glue us :happy: But I personally like very much the Uranus-Venus connection. I think it can also depend a lot on the personal chart... everyone has certain energies they like more than others.