Does my manager like me?

wan

Do you mean asking him out? That would be too forward, I think. Also what's special about March 10th and early April?

Chrysalis

Do you mean asking him out? That would be too forward, I think. Also what's special about March 10th and early April?

I'd like to know myself as I'm not seeing anything significant on march the 10th for you to be reaching out to him. Albeit there is a New moon at 22° Pisces on the 13th March but still nothing.

Early April is another New Moon at 22° Aries but once again nothing significant with regards to this chart.

wan

It's cool that you can time events with horary charts. That's something I want to learn how to do.

rafaella

Hello. I asked this question using horary. I really like my boss but am not sure how he feels about me. So I cast a chart, please see attached.

Signifier of first house (which is me) conjunct that of the 7th (which is him), so I guess this is a good sign? However they are both found in the 12th house, the house of misfortune and all things hidden and bad. Not sure whether this outweighs the conjunction. Moon is badly placed too, in Scorpio.

Can someone try and read the chart please? Thanks.

yes, he likes you. Sun, represents him as a man, is in the 1st house. He is sexually attracted to you and it's strong. And Venus exalted and combust, shows you as a woman, being overpowered by his charms.

but your main significators are Mercury and Jupiter, making a conjunction in 12th house, yes he is represented by 7th house and it's ruler. this is a relationship question, not a job question.

12th house means something hidden, so more than likely a hidden relationship. So I think it may not develop into a full blown relationship, but hidden, or short term. This is all about lust here, not love unfortunately. Moon is also trine Sun, the part that is attracted to you in physical sense.

Mercury, his thinking side, has no reception with Jupiter. Mercury is also in detriment of sun, I think he is trying to rationalise his attraction and rejecting it. if he is your boss, there is an expectation for him to not get involved with staff.

wan

Two questions though:

Why is my boss represented by the Sun by not Mercury? He is represented by the 7th house so he should be represented by Mercury, right?

And can you tell me what you meant by mercury not having reception with Jupiter?

Thanks.

rafaella

Two questions though:

Why is my boss represented by the Sun by not Mercury? He is represented by the 7th house so he should be represented by Mercury, right?

And can you tell me what you meant by mercury not having reception with Jupiter?

Thanks.

Sun is secondary significator for the male in a relationship chart. Sun is the man, Venus is secondary significator for the female in relationship chart.

Main significator is still Mercury, it represents him as an individual. Sun is him as a man.

Receptions. Check out skyscript website horary section. It will explain much better than I’ll do here. Here is a table of essential dignities. It is advanced horary. Receptions tell you if someone is open to you or negative towards. It shows inclination to act with regards to planets strength based on dignity. E.g mercury in aqua in night chart, then you find the receptions based on mercury degree placement. Check the website to learn more
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/essential_dignities.html

wan

Actually one more question if you don't mind:

What does Venus being in the 1st house mean? You said that the Sun being in the 1st house means he is interested in me. And venus represents me, so when it's in the 1st house, does that mean I love myself? Also, the fact it conjuncts the ascendant exactly makes me think that it's very significant. Plus it's exalted, which means it's very powerful.

Also I have been thinking about Moon (co-significator of the chart) trining him (the sun). Since the moon represents the whole chart, does the fact that she aspects him mean that my manager thinks about it, too?

Thanks.

rafaella

Actually one more question if you don't mind:

What does Venus being in the 1st house mean? You said that the Sun being in the 1st house means he is interested in me. And venus represents me, so when it's in the 1st house, does that mean I love myself? Also, the fact it conjuncts the ascendant exactly makes me think that it's very significant. Plus it's exalted, which means it's very powerful.

Also I have been thinking about Moon (co-significator of the chart) trining him (the sun). Since the moon represents the whole chart, does the fact that she aspects him mean that my manager thinks about it, too?

Thanks.
With exalted Venus on Asc that’s positive as it’s the lesser benefic. However Venus is actually debilitated as it’s approaching combustion. Venus becomes hidden. Venus representing you as a woman and also love in general. In context of the question, Venus combust shows how you feel overpowered by the man ( Sun, your boss). I think there is strong physical attraction between you and he is drawn to you as a woman. I do think being that Venus is right on Asc, emphasis you in someway. Probably makes you more attractive, you place more attention to your outer appearance. Men in general would be more drawn to you. Sun has reception towards Jupiter and Venus, placed in your 1st house- his man side is completely into you. But the thinking part ( mercury) is not in agreement with the man ( Sun) part. There most likely is an internal conflict within him. You said he’s been cold and aloof, this might be the reason.

I’m not sure what you mean by Moon trine Sun and your boss thinks about? Moon trine Sun is positive. But as I said Sun is secondary significator. We want the main significators to tell us about long term potential. Secondary significators explain someone’s interest. Your question was about his interest in you, not really about relationship. Despite this, mercury and Jupiter tell us a story. They are in 12th, house of hidden matters. They do conjunct. There is something secretive going on. So I do think there is some development here, most likely a hidden relationship. I doubt it being anything substantial at this point.

What ages are you both? I think you mentioned you work in a restaurant? Would there be consequences if you got into a relationship with your boss?

wan

Thanks for the detailed response, sir/madam.

To answer your questions:

I am 41 years old and he is 38. And yes we work at a restaurant. I am not sure whether there would be a consequence or not, if we got together. I never asked. But like someone else said, any type of workplace romance is a bad idea because if people find out, they might think that there is favourtism going on. Like maybe they think I am doing a terrible job but he keeps me around anyway cause we are dating. That sort of things.

Kfmiz6

I'd like to know myself as I'm not seeing anything significant on march the 10th for you to be reaching out to him. Albeit there is a New moon at 22° Pisces on the 13th March but still nothing.

Early April is another New Moon at 22° Aries but once again nothing significant with regards to this chart.

Their sigs Mercury and Jupiter meets in 3°,there will be some kind of contact between them in 3 weeks, maybe 3 months as there is lust between them, her Venus is coming closer to his Sun, means she doesn't stop liking him,on the contrary her feelings will grow stronger towards him. his Sun is in the middle of pieces, means he ll continue to be sexually attracted to her. There is no change in their feelings in the near future. And if she wants to ask him out, she ll do it eventually. It ll be hard to resist.

Kfmiz6

Thanks for the detailed response, sir/madam.

To answer your questions:

I am 41 years old and he is 38. And yes we work at a restaurant. I am not sure whether there would be a consequence or not, if we got together. I never asked. But like someone else said, any type of workplace romance is a bad idea because if people find out, they might think that there is favourtism going on. Like maybe they think I am doing a terrible job but he keeps me around anyway cause we are dating. That sort of things.

If you ve been doing a good job so far why all of a sudden you ll start doing it terribly when you start dating him.
The things might not work for you and him in the long term - thats the fear you might have, but you still will have to work together and see each other daily and so on... People fall in and fall out
Workplace romances are not a rare occurrence anyway.

wan

Their sigs Mercury and Jupiter meets in 3°,there will be some kind of contact between them in 3 weeks, maybe 3 months as there is lust between them, her Venus is coming closer to his Sun, means she doesn't stop liking him,on the contrary her feelings will grow stronger towards him. his Sun is in the middle of pieces, means he ll continue to be sexually attracted to her. There is no change in their feelings in the near future. And if she wants to ask him out, she ll do it eventually. It ll be hard to resist.

This is very true.

Last time we worked, there was progress. He actually initiated conversation with me. We didn't talk about anything sexy, we just talked about computer games but the whole thing just really injected me with optimism. It showed that he was willing to talk to me on a more personal level. It wasn't, "what's the color of your underwear", but I'll take it.

If you ve been doing a good job so far why all of a sudden you ll start doing it terribly when you start dating him.

This actually makes a lot of sense.

The things might not work for you and him in the long term - thats the fear you might have,

Fear? I don't think I have any fear. What do you mean by that? And why you say things might now work for us in the long run?
Workplace romances are not a rare occurrence anyway.
Quite true. I read somewhere that place of work is where some 30% of people found their romantic partner.

Last edited:

wan

Update:

I am working with my manager tomorrow. I think that I will present him with this tiny bottle of shampoo tomorrow as a gift. It's one of those complimentary things you get when you stay at a hotel. It doesn't cost anything, however it shows that he is in my thoughts. This will be the perfect gift. He gonna love it.

Last edited:

wan

Worked with manager yesterday, and he was both cute and hot at the same time. I got so nervous around him, I acted like a fool. I like him so much, even though the stars tell me no.

And I keep having these sexy thoughts about him, lol.

Last edited:

wan

Final update:

I came on to my manager, and he flat out told me I wasn't his type. So, this marks the end of this, does my manager like me saga. I am going to wait a few days, then tell him I am quitting. I know the timing is suspect, he will know that I am quitting because he rejected me. But I don't care.

Btw, horary is a load of ****, because the chart was telling me that he was strongly attracted to me.

God I feel like both dying and crying at the same time.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
I am so sorry you feel like cr*p, Wan. I will just tell you that there are *many* other things to be than a man's "type." A man can like you and you not be his type. It doesn't really doesn't mean there is anything wrong with *anything*, especially you.
There is nothing wrong with you.

Last edited: