What's up with Gemini?

ardentika

I want to say that I don't mean to offend anyone.

However, my recent experience with Gemini is literally making me fear people born under this sign. They have this trait to be ****in awesome and fun and sweet and gentle and caring, then suddenly something snaps and I question if those people actually have a soul xD
Sometimes it looks like nothing they do is genuine but it's highly driven by a personal intetest and when it doesnt go their way they can be cruel. As a matter of fact more cruel than a Scorpio.

I knew someone with a Scorpio moon in 3rd, absolutely cruell and emotionless at times. Same with any planet in 3rd or simply the position of Gemini. What's up with that? Can someone explain how those folks can switch on and off their soul? haha

When they have it on they are one of the best people on earth, but when the other twin shows up... sociopaths. Makes it hard to trust.

Witchyone

What kind of response are you expecting to this? Your post begs the question. I disagree with the premise that Geminis have a sociopathic twin, since I am one and do not have that, so there's really no way to respond.

blacksun?

The cruelest person I know is a Gemini, but also the one who managed the most good that I know. Still he managed that through being very tricky and often insulting. But it does seem Gemini Sun requires some water in the chart to not lose sight of the effects of their actions.

or1000

i'm a gemini dominant, with a scorpio 3rd house moon conjunct chiron and i can be cruel with my words. it comes naturally. i don't appreciate it and i'm working on it. but i'm a good person at heart, i'm a cancer sun so i don't know if that makes all the difference.

watcherofthesouth

I've had experience with it. It's hard to establish if you really like them or not. BUT I think the Asc has to do with it too and other aspects, obviously.

blacksun?

Cruel ?
Lol!
I'm too Soft. :tongue:
Venus and Moon Conjunction(46' Orb) in Gemini 2nd House.
http://i.imgur.com/hCRDawD.jpg

I have moon there too. :bandit:

So did Dostoyevski.

But I mean Sun.

"Venus in Gemini (Soul-centered ruler): On the personality level, this is usually considered a weak position for Venus. It is here where she is at her most superficial and fickle, not seeming to be able to make up her mind as she flits from one relationship to another, often entertaining two, quite contrary relationships at the same time. Venus on the Soul-centered level however is functioning from an entirely different perspective. It is here where she is uniting the various dualities and opposing forces found in the majority of human relationship dynamics and bringing them into a much more harmonious whole. The energy of the Second Ray (Gemini) is the field through which Venus synthesizes the intent of the Higher Self and works out human relations into their higher potentials. It is then that Venus in Gemini serves her Soul purpose." -- Alan Oken

CapAquaPis

The spot between the constellations Gemini and Taurus is the opposite of the constellations Scorpio and Sagittarius - Sag A or the galactic center of the Milky Way, at what it's described as between the archer's arrow and scorpion's tail. The two parazodiacs are antipode to each other: Orion south of Gemini/Taurus and Ophiuchus of Scorpio/Sagittarius. Note the Milky Way encompasses the two highest and lowest points of the ecliptic: Gem/Tau at 23*N/90 lat, Sco/Sag at 23*S/270.

Somna7H

Banned
I have moon there too. :bandit:

So did Dostoyevski.

But I mean Sun.

"Venus in Gemini (Soul-centered ruler): On the personality level, this is usually considered a weak position for Venus. It is here where she is at her most superficial and fickle, not seeming to be able to make up her mind as she flits from one relationship to another, often entertaining two, quite contrary relationships at the same time. Venus on the Soul-centered level however is functioning from an entirely different perspective. It is here where she is uniting the various dualities and opposing forces found in the majority of human relationship dynamics and bringing them into a much more harmonious whole. The energy of the Second Ray (Gemini) is the field through which Venus synthesizes the intent of the Higher Self and works out human relations into their higher potentials. It is then that Venus in Gemini serves her Soul purpose." -- Alan Oken

If you taking about Sun then I have Sun, Mercury and NN in Cancer. Sorry I'm then a Cancer not Gemini here.
Thank you!

ardentika

The Asc matters ofc, but not so much. It goes only as to people's first impressions. When you dig beneath it , it can all be seen.

For example, I have a friend who is 0 degrees Gemini. Often she exhibits qualities of Taurus a lot more apart from the overthinking and inability to make decisions. She is always too polite however has the tendency to talk behind people's backs.

A male Gemini is a whole different story. I never said Gemini is inherently evil, hell I have Gemini IC and feel it a lot. It's just the sign has the potential to switch faces/decisions/personalities way too fast.

I even spoke with a friend who is the sweetest guy and an amazing and caring friend, he himself said that what we see is not all and sometimes he van be unbearable with people. They can just snap from 0 to 10.

It's perhaps one of the signs I have most difficulty to understand how they wire.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
The Asc matters ofc, but not so much. It goes only as to people's first impressions. When you dig beneath it , it can all be seen.

For example, I have a friend who is 0 degrees Gemini. Often she exhibits qualities of Taurus a lot more apart from the overthinking and inability to make decisions. She is always too polite however has the tendency to talk behind people's backs.

A male Gemini is a whole different story. I never said Gemini is inherently evil, hell I have Gemini IC and feel it a lot. It's just the sign has the potential to switch faces/decisions/personalities way too fast.

I even spoke with a friend who is the sweetest guy and an amazing and caring friend, he himself said that what we see is not all and sometimes he van be unbearable with people. They can just snap from 0 to 10.

It's perhaps one of the signs I have most difficulty to understand how they wire.

It also depends on your sign. Do you have a lot of Virgo, Capricorn, Scorpio, Pisces in your chart?

Gemini as a pure and singular energy is easy to understand. We are eternal children. No matter our chronological age.

Bright, curious, chatty. Switches thoughts and moods in an instant, just like children.

Last edited:

Somna7H

Banned
@ardentika

I'm Taurus Asc 29 and I'm a Male.
Both Venus 27°45' and Moon 28° in Gemini. So more towards Gemini things than Taurus ?
But still I am the same person.

Note that I have lot of Libra.
http://i.imgur.com/FAzvpaf.jpg

WhichSabri

i'm a gemini dominant, with a scorpio 3rd house moon conjunct chiron and i can be cruel with my words. it comes naturally. i don't appreciate it and i'm working on it. but i'm a good person at heart, i'm a cancer sun so i don't know if that makes all the difference.

Yes it does make all the difference :D

Witchyone

I do relate to being changeable, moody, and overthinking things. If I am not experiencing a strong emotion like fear, rage, or despair, I can quite easily detach from my own wants and needs and logically see things from other people's points of view. That sometimes leads me to change my mind or tactics because I care about being moral and including others. I see that as intelligent and socially adept, not wishy-washy, as it is sometimes seen.

If I am experiencing a strong negative emotion, I can say mean things, but even then I am always careful to pull my punches. I am not cruel, because cruelty is unfair and reflects badly on the person being cruel, not the one they're cruel to. I want no part of it, and I avoid cruel people. I can also completely cut off someone I care about if they intentionally mistreat me. Some may see that as cold, but I see it as self-preserving. It takes A LOT for me to get to that place with someone. It means I've already given them the benefit of the doubt and the opportunity to change their behavior several times.

I do have strong Pisces and Taurus placements, so I'm not pure Gemini, but of course, no one is.

Sociopath is a strong word. I reserve it for people who truly fit the description, like Jeffrey Dahmer, who was a Gemini, but obviously no more representative of Geminis than Hitler was of Taurus or Charles Manson was of Scorpio.

ardentika

It makes sense that Gemini are eternal children, loving to learn. After all they are Saggies oppositions. Opposites are very similair, almost identical, just manifested through a different lense.

However does that mean Virgo and Gemini get along well? They are pretty similair, since both ruled by Mercury. Both anxious, overthinking, good memory, chatty, knowledgeable. Does Virgo has the sudden change of heart? Virgos CAN be really mean too with their critics. But it's different from Gemini's.

Of course I had fun with the word sociopath, however I do know a Gemini that fits perfectly the symptoms. Complete lack of empathy, and that person also has 0 degrees Taurus moon. Taurus can be oddly cruel too, I wonder why is that. Perhaps because they are Scorpio's opposition?
I'm definitely not saying all Gemini's are crazy sociopaths, haha, that would be just ignorant. But they have such tendencies sometimes, it's like they can detach a bit way too much, and be a bit too logical. It's pretty much like saying that a Capricorn is predisposed to being a workaholic and dark, or Pisces being delusional and too dreamy, predisposed to depression.

I'm starting to realize the Sun is a lot more important than some astrologers think or give credit to it. Of course it's just one tiny part of the huge puzzle, but still.

Starsareround

Almost everyone I’ve been close to is either a Gemini or has big Gemini placements. I always enjoy them for their wit and their cerebral approach and their playfulness. As a Virgo, (and Merc conjunct ascendant) I need need need the folks in my life to love talking and thinking and thinking and talking. I have noticed the twin nature of Gemini and I don’t take them personally because they don’t mean it personally (when they go all edgy and unpredictable). I see it as they are just running out of fuel and get tetchy when they need a recharge. They aren’t the most caring sign because the world of emotions is a little overwhelming and foreign to them. But they will help you think a problem through like no other while also making you laugh like no other.
On reflection, it’s gotta be my mercury conjunct ascendant that draws them to me and vice versa

Last edited:

WhichSabri

It makes sense that Gemini are eternal children, loving to learn. After all they are Saggies oppositions. Opposites are very similair, almost identical, just manifested through a different lense.

However does that mean Virgo and Gemini get along well? They are pretty similair, since both ruled by Mercury. Both anxious, overthinking, good memory, chatty, knowledgeable. Does Virgo has the sudden change of heart? Virgos CAN be really mean too with their critics. But it's different from Gemini's.

Of course I had fun with the word sociopath, however I do know a Gemini that fits perfectly the symptoms. Complete lack of empathy, and that person also has 0 degrees Taurus moon. Taurus can be oddly cruel too, I wonder why is that. Perhaps because they are Scorpio's opposition?
I'm definitely not saying all Gemini's are crazy sociopaths, haha, that would be just ignorant. But they have such tendencies sometimes, it's like they can detach a bit way too much, and be a bit too logical. It's pretty much like saying that a Capricorn is predisposed to being a workaholic and dark, or Pisces being delusional and too dreamy, predisposed to depression.

I'm starting to realize the Sun is a lot more important than some astrologers think or give credit to it. Of course it's just one tiny part of the huge puzzle, but still.

Very nice observations on the opposite signs. Completely agree. Please feel free to read my thread and replies in the natal forum, on who is ruling Taurus and Virgo. It may clear to you why Gemini and Virgo are completely different, as they are not both ruled by Mercury.

Witchyone

The negative traits of Gemini are well established, and sociopathy is not one of them.

They are anxiousness, inability to make decisions, flightiness, fickleness, avoidance of expressing emotions, using words as weapons. The mental illnesses associated with negative Gemini energy are anxiety and ADHD type illnesses.

I think it's bad astrology to base your opinion of a sun sign on a couple people you've met, particularly if you're going to attribute something as serious as tendency to sociopathy.

yuriv

Got to ask this, say if gemini has too sides : where are the two sides? The asc and moon sign? Any other ideas?