Using astrology to establish the exact date of an event many years ago.

Greengaia

I am trying to work backward from my knowledge of a certain major event in my life. I know within a 3 month period of time when it happened. Any suggestions on how to best narrow down the date? I have done some work on this, but am eager for outside inputs. I have never seen this kind of exercise discussed, or considered it until recently.

Greengaia

What I have done is identify the aspects which match with the energy of the event, but there is a cluster of them which spans 4-5 days. In order to send for the report from the police, I MUST narrow it to ONE DAY. I hope there is someone on this forum who feels adequate to wade in on this. I only get one shot at it.

Greengaia

I can post the aspects, or even the full chart information for when each aspect is exact, but without both parties' natal charts, it might not be enough. There was deception as well as a brutal beating with permanent injuries. False names were given to the police.

Marinka

You are not providing enough information.

What type of event, how long ago, why are you not able to remember yourself, did this happen to you, were others involved, what type of injuries .. to name just a few pieces of information that would be helpful.

You might also want to consider posting a chart with transits & progressions for the middle of the timeframe when the event occurred.

Also, to be very honest - it will be difficult to get an exact date, you can usually narrow it down to a week or 2, but the exact day will be very difficult to achieve. In addition, the time to interpret the chart for this type of information would also be more than would normally be given in an online forum environment.

Greengaia

Thank you, Marinka, for your response. Yes I agree that I am not giving enough information. I wanted to see if anyone has ideas on how to proceed. On my own, and doing intensive work, I have narrowed the time to three days.

This is a domestic violence matter, and I was the person beaten. I have permanent injuries, yet the police officers who came did not realize the seriousness of my injuries. They had me go wash off the blood on my face and said they thought that I would be okay and only issued a warning to him. Meanwhile, the abuser had given them false names, claiming that I had not given our real names. This was November of 1957. I have both progressed my chart and his and also done converse directions as taught by R. C. Davison in Predictive Astrology. It then comes down to which of the triggering aspects is most likely.

Here is the list:

1 Sun Square Pluto 24 Nov. 1957 at 14:19
2 Moon contra-parallel Uranus 24 Nov. 1957 at 19:34
3 Mars Square Uranus Exact 25 Nov. 1957 at 22:30
4 Moon Parallel Mars 26 Nov. 1957 at 1:41
5. Moon Opposite Uranus exact 26 Nov. 1957 at 22:48
6 Moon Square Mars exact 27 Nov. 1957 at 0:14

It was to explore the contra-parallel and parallel that I happened across this group while looking for more background on parallels, as the bulk of my large astrology library was stolen many years ago.
The Moon, Mars, and Uranus do line up with directions in both charts.

Perhaps this would be enough information? The Moon traverses my own Moon on the 26th, just before its Opposition to Uranus. Both the abuser and I have Uranus by direction square transiting Uranus and opposite transiting Mars.

Thank you!

Marinka

Thank you, Marinka, for your response. Yes I agree that I am not giving enough information. I wanted to see if anyone has ideas on how to proceed. On my own, and doing intensive work, I have narrowed the time to three days.

This is a domestic violence matter, and I was the person beaten. I have permanent injuries, yet the police officers who came did not realize the seriousness of my injuries. They had me go wash off the blood on my face and said they thought that I would be okay and only issued a warning to him. Meanwhile, the abuser had given them false names, claiming that I had not given our real names. This was November of 1957. I have both progressed my chart and his and also done converse directions as taught by R. C. Davison in Predictive Astrology. It then comes down to which of the triggering aspects is most likely.

Here is the list:

1 Sun Square Pluto 24 Nov. 1957 at 14:19
2 Moon contra-parallel Uranus 24 Nov. 1957 at 19:34
3 Mars Square Uranus Exact 25 Nov. 1957 at 22:30
4 Moon Parallel Mars 26 Nov. 1957 at 1:41
5. Moon Opposite Uranus exact 26 Nov. 1957 at 22:48
6 Moon Square Mars exact 27 Nov. 1957 at 0:14

It was to explore the contra-parallel and parallel that I happened across this group while looking for more background on parallels, as the bulk of my large astrology library was stolen many years ago.
The Moon, Mars, and Uranus do line up with directions in both charts.

Perhaps this would be enough information? The Moon traverses my own Moon on the 26th, just before its Opposition to Uranus. Both the abuser and I have Uranus by direction square transiting Uranus and opposite transiting Mars.

Thank you!

None of the aspects that you mentioned involves an outer planet (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) making an aspect to an inner planet (Venus, Mercury, Sun, Mars). Once you have the outer planet, you move to the inner planets. The moon I usually consider as the fine-tuning.

The Mars square Uranus is more than likely as it also has the Moon Square Uranus but, there needs to a heavier aspect in there for this to be a long-lasting issue.

Also, since there is bodily injury, I would expect to have an aspect to the ascendant.

Greengaia

Marinka wrote: "None of the aspects that you mentioned involves an outer planet (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) making an aspect to an inner planet (Venus, Mercury, Sun, Mars). Once you have the outer planet, you move to the inner planets. The moon I usually consider as the fine-tuning.

The Mars square Uranus is more than likely as it also has the Moon Square Uranus but, there needs to a heavier aspect in there for this to be a long-lasting issue.

Also, since there is bodily injury, I would expect to have an aspect to the ascendant.
None of the aspects that you mentioned involves an outer planet (Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto) making an aspect to an inner planet (Venus, Mercury, Sun, Mars). Once you have the outer planet, you move to the inner planets. The moon I usually consider as the fine-tuning.

Also, since there is bodily injury, I would expect to have an aspect to the ascendant."

Thank you for your input, Marinka.
All the aspects listed in my original post are transiting planets for the days in question.
The transiting Moon crosses my descendant at 9/20 Aquarius, then conjuncts my natal Moon at 10/50 Aquarius, then opposes transiting Uranus conjunct my ascendant, at 11/38 Leo, as well as squaring transiting Mars. At the same time, by direction, both my and the abuser's Uranus are in opposition to transiting Mars and Square both transiting Moon, and transiting Uranus.

Really, my only hesitation in choosing the 26th as the date was the question about the relative power of the two bracketing parallels, which might lead me to settle on the 25th instead:

Moon contra-parallel Uranus 24 Nov. 1957 at 19:34 (Late 24th)
This is contra-parallel my Natal Ascendant and parallel my nodes, natally.)
and
Moon Parallel Mars 26 Nov. 1957 at 1:41 (Early 26th)
(This also forms a contra-parallel to the abuser's natal Uranus, and a parallel with my natal Jupiter as well. And I did call the police.)
Unless you or anyone else can give me further inputs, I suppose I am stuck with the 26th as the day to give them to look for the record.
Thank you.

Kannon

Greengaia,

Unless you provide a chart with birth data you won't be able to get any input here that will lead to significant help.

Greengaia

Oh, okay, sorry about that. I was just teasing out what I saw to be pertinent to try to save work for others.

astro_2a_02_me.75865.58612.gif

Greengaia

Thanks for the inputs. I learned how to add a thumbnail chart, so here goes, but I was not able to save a thumbnail of the additional data page showing the declinations, etc.:

Attachments

• My Chart.gif
    My Chart.gif
    54.6 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

unique_astrology

Hi Greengaia,

Glad you survived and hope you have healed in all ways.

In what town or city did this happen and could it have been around mid-morning? I have a chart that may fit but I depend on locality charts.

Bob

Greengaia

Thank you, Bob (Unique Astrology),
No, I have permanent damage from the event to this day.
I will be very interested in both the chart and the concepts you used.
The location was Lafayette, Indiana, and the times given for the exact aspects which I originally posted were for that location.
The event occurred after sundown and probably before 10 PM.
I am thinking that this event could also be helpful in rectifying my chart, as well, because of its long lasting effects, as the point in time when the Moon crossed my descendant could be firmly established by it.

Last edited:

unique_astrology

I have a chart but because there is the possibility that a near birth time different by only a few minutes could determine an adjoining day for the event I must ask you to be completely honest when stating the source of the birth time you have used. Birth certificate? Rectification? Hospital record? Baby book? Someone's memory?

Last edited:

Greengaia

Hello Bob,

Nice to hear from you again.
The source is my birth certificate issued by Indiana.
The baby book page I recall gave the time as 12:45 AM, rather than 12:40 AM. I did once ask my mother, but she was not conscious enough at my birth to have good recall.

Something about your earlier question plus my own work on this question led to me thinking that we must consider the time to be perhaps less than completely accurate. I have noted over the years that birth times in the 30's and 40's were often to the ten minute mark - nearly without exception in my old collection of birth charts!

I also must apologize for initially giving data in a form not usually used by most astrologers, perhaps. It is easy to become accustomed to one's own company and methods when working alone for years.

Please pm me with further inputs, if you could, unless that is frowned upon within this forum. Thank you.

Last edited:

unique_astrology

OK. The date I have is November 27th around 7 pm. Notice the time zone is given as CST. The time zone used does not affect my technique as it is based on the right ascensions of the Moon and the MC of the return chart.

The points I used are within 1 degree or slightly more of the progressed lunar return angles and as such an event did not happen in a moment but likely over some time (perhaps an hour or more) the angles may have progressed to exactness or near exactness of those points.

I don't use Decs but as you do I am attaching them for your natal and the transit chart.

Edit: If I used 7:50 pm the Dec of the transit Asc changes to 21°12' but the decs for the Sun, Saturn and Pluto stay the same.

2nd Edit: You had just had a progressed New Moon become exact 6 days earlier at 207°16'. Speculum attached for the 27th.

Bob

Attachments

• Decs.gif
    Decs.gif
    125.9 KB · Views: 33
  • G Prog Speculum.gif
    G Prog Speculum.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

AstroLogical

Looks like you're getting some great assistance, greengaia.
I too am sorry you had to endure such an event.

The thought that crossed my mind was, do you have any of the birth info on the man who abused you? Triangulating his info with yours could produce additional useful info. If his info was available a composite chart could also yield additional info as well.

Good luck.

Greengaia

Thank you, Bob. I really appreciate your work on this. I note that you use techniques that I have not tried, the Lunar Return being one. I cannot truly consider the 27th because he went to class at the university the next morning, leaving early to come "home" and talk about what heh had done. Because November 28th was Thanksgiving, there would not have been any classes that day, and he went out of town for Thanksgiving.

In actuality, there is a time span of probably around a month during which this event could have happened, but the mundane aspects that I noted in late November seemed to fit best, as they had the right "feel" to them, and the Moon interacted with them and also with several points in my chart, notably the descendant and my Moon. As for methods, frankly, though I did use the converse directions, I found it too intensive to try what R. C. Davison actually recommends, which is a day for a month, a day for a week and a day for a day forward and backward. This leaves one absolutely SWIMMING in data, to the point where something is bound to seem applicable. It feels like overkill to me.

AstroLogical,

Yes, I do have that chart as well. (NOTE THAT I ATTACHED THE WRONG CHART, BUT POSTED IT IN THE NEXT POST.)I will attach it below. I would expect his chart to reflect the lying about our names, and the terror that he felt when I called the police. Also he had brutalized my kitten which died a few days later. Those may show as well. I know he was very worried that his acts toward me would be made public:

Attachments

• IAS natal and Progressed.gif
    IAS natal and Progressed.gif
    56.4 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:

AstroLogical

AstroLogical,

Yes, I do have that chart as well. I will attach it below:

GOOD!
This is not my strongest field of astrology but I think I can contribute to your mission.

Begin a new thread directing "traffic" to this thread.
I know that seems dumb in a way but your present heading-subject might have been overlooked by some of the other astrologers who may specialize in Rectification.
You are trying to "crowd source" this question so the bigger the crowd, the more input you are likely to receive...
So, you need to change your advertisement - IMHO.
You are essentially "Rectifying" a chart, so that word might catch more attention within the community.

Something like:
I need help Rectifying a chart for a personal assault in 1957.

Good luck!

Greengaia

Thank you, AstroLogical.

I will consider doing that. I hadn't wanted to throw rectification into the mix when the birth time I have is the official time recorded. I doubt it is off by very much, maybe 5 minutes or so. Also there is perhaps a one month span of possible dates for this event.

I will sleep on it.

Meanwhile, I pulled these charts for natal, progressions, and solar arcs. :

Attachments

• Me Natal - Progressed - Solar Arc.gif
    Me Natal - Progressed - Solar Arc.gif
    62.5 KB · Views: 31
  • I.A.S. Natal - Progressed - Solar Arc.gif
    I.A.S. Natal - Progressed - Solar Arc.gif
    60.5 KB · Views: 28
Last edited: