How much importance do you place on the Nodes in a person's chart?

Satine

I have been studying the north and south nodes and their influence on members of my family for the last few days. it blows my mind how perfectly the nodes alone describe them. do you consider the nodes to be an important aspect in a chart? Or a minor one?
Thank you.

Zarathu

Account Closed
I have been studying the north and south nodes and their influence on members of my family for the last few days. it blows my mind how perfectly the nodes alone describe them. do you consider the nodes to be an important aspect in a chart? Or a minor one?
Thank you.

It constutes a substantial part of the chapter on The Mission in Life Quotient, and also a less substantial portion of the Cognition Quotient, in my book, THE SEVEN QUOTIENTS OF ASTROLOGY©.

The Ram

Extremely important. As important as the planets themselves as well as the Angles: Ascendant, IC, Descendant and MC.

poyi

Premium Member
All axises are important, I see them as the bone structure of the natal chart, and Moon nodes axis is one of them.

poyi

Premium Member
Yes prime mover. Like all the axises, the reason I see those as bone structure as they also act like our physical body bone structures supporting us, protecting our body by giving it form, uplifting it and allows the muscles to function so we can Act. Without the bone structure, our body will have very limited abilities or not at all ability to Act.

rahu

Banned
the nodes fixate reality. the other axis give direction to an existing creation.the nodes allow the soul to interact with our time/space continuum. the nodes are the doors from disembodied souls to souls in the body.

rahu

Last edited:

Satine

is it true that the north node is more influential after the first Saturn Return? also I have read in several places that tends to occur around the age 29. Does the first Saturn Return always occur after 29?

dr. farr

Answering the OP's question: I consider the Nodes of primary importance-certainly equal to the influence of the planets-in a natal chart.

rahu

Banned
hi satine
hmmm i see the node's effect as constant since birth. it is godhead, the tao ,the life force of the individual. so if anything the body grows old and can not respond as in youth.

rahu

mdinaz

The nodes detail your entire reason for being in this incarnation - where you want to grow and learn as a soul using the experiences of this particular life time to achieve that. Not having the nodes is like leaving at home at 18 to make your mark in life but not having any plan, any money, or even a map as to where you are going.
The aspects to the node as well as sign and position show what path you have set and the challenges you desire to face. Transiting aspects to the node are new obstacles and situations that pop up to test you and see how far you have progressed (or not).

poyi

Premium Member
In the 12th harmonic the north node always conjuncts south node and MC also conjuncts AC I wonder about it and that makes sense with the reincarnation belief.

rahu

Banned
is it true that the north node is more influential after the first Saturn Return? also I have read in several places that tends to occur around the age 29. Does the first Saturn Return always occur after 29?

this seem coherent as the node/saturn aspects are some of the most important. it seems logical that as a person personality/saturn consoldated,then more strength could be used during nodal transits.

a saturn return can be from 27-29.

rahu

poyi

Premium Member
I was curious about my Jupiter in saggiturus at south node to find who was the unconditional parent at IC and it actually doesn't need to be father or mother. It was confirmed to be my grandfather. He was a landlord, a paediatrian, a doctor in civil war, a religious man, who had 7 sons and one daughter on top of that he supported many orphans. My early children was in his home and from my sister's memory I was very loved by him. As the top most favorable grandchild out of many others. He died when I was 7 years old I got the year from my sister. South node also tells a lot of family stories/pattern.

Last edited:

theV

I place a big importance for the nodes they are really essential to achieve happiness,sometime they are the key to express your sun and move from your moon and ascedant,expressing the north node persona will increase solar energy

loveastrology

To me, the nodes are pretty much the most important thing in the chart. The north node is where you are going, it's who you want to be. It's the life lessons, wounds of who you are and what you struggle with. What I really notice is that people get super touchy when you hit on their nodal issues, or describe the nodal purpose to them. They get touchy and they also agree with you. It hits really close to home. I have no problem telling people about their nodes, but everytime I hear about my own, or someone else describes them for me, I get the same way. It just hurts, and you feel so bad about the South node, because it drags you down.. And the north node makes you feel good, and confirms some very deep voice, but it's terrifying. Even when you begin to realize the nodal potential, it's still a sensitive spot. That's my opinion at least.
And see, it's different from most other things about the chart..like if you just describe one specific component and not the whole chart..discuss their sun or rising sign or whatever...they'll get a little self conscious at worst...usually they'll be ok, because they recognize the image you are describing, it's very familiar. The nodes are like the camera image of a person, or their painted portrait that captures their soul...the angles and expressions they aren't used to, but that they always knew were there..they reveal something else. It makes you curious and sensitive all at once to study your nodes.

Last edited:

dr. farr

In their relative qualitative influences, I accept as valid the observation of Gerard of Cremona (13th century) that the North Node is similar to the combined influences of Jupiter + Venus (in their benefic expression), and that the South Node is similar to the combined influences of Mars + Saturn (in their malefic expression)...