Eating disorders..

Frisiangal

Hello Mere,
I think your 'self analysis' of the astrological symbolism correlating to your
eating problem is spot on. Hopefully, by understanding what the symbolism is explaining in terms of character and circumstances, you can get a grip on controlling it in a positive manner.

It's a pity that you did not include a chart with house cusps, which could provide more information, depending upon which house system is preferred.

retinoid

I use whole house...the biggest thing I could see was Pluto in the first with a bad aspect to the planets in the sixth house. Pluto wants to transform the way you appear to the world, and the planets in the sixth making a bad aspect could be saying that it will use your health in a negative way. I wouldn't have guessed anorexia, but I could see how health is not being used well with this transformative process.

Mere

Hello Mere,
I think your 'self analysis' of the astrological symbolism correlating to your
eating problem is spot on. Hopefully, by understanding what the symbolism is explaining in terms of character and circumstances, you can get a grip on controlling it in a positive manner.

It's a pity that you did not include a chart with house cusps, which could provide more information, depending upon which house system is preferred.

Oh I am so sorry. Here is a much better chart. Let me know if you have any problem accessing it.
http://s1240.photobucket.com/albums...w&current=astro_w2gw_09_mere_hp8264943922.gif

Nackie

Wow, fun to reopen this old thread! Haven't been here in ages! This topic is still close to my heart, though. There are so many commonalities that there must be something to it.

@Claire19 what should I be looking at in the 1st, 4th and 6th houses? Here is my chart:
horoscope.gif

Mere

@Mere weird, I feel like your chart is kind of like a mirror image of mine!

I thought the same thing of your chart as well. Its almost scary how many coincidences there are between our charts.

Carmen C

Just comment some coincidences, I have too Ascendant in Libra with Uranus in 1rst House, Saturn in Gemini in the 8th House, Pluto in the 12th, Chiron in the 6th in Aries :lol:
well, and yes I had a type of eating disorder, for many years I ate too much chocolate but was lucky with my weight. Only in 2008 I suddenly changed to organic vegetarian and a year later veganism because as mother I was much more concerned about health.
Congratulations for your sucess!

Blackempress

I'm not sure of the associated angles/planets etc, but once I came across my own interpretation regarding Neptune contacts as to having weight issues. I do have those & 10 years ago turned into a superb anorexic until my body began giving up on me by creating other medical conditions such as hypothyroidism & Diabetes insipidus etc. I just HAD to get back to my normal life but struggled with Bulimia & compulsive eating disorder too after that.

To date, I have alot of weight issues & unbalanced eating habits/lifestyle. Weight has always been a BIG BAD ISSUE for me. :pouty:

Claire19

Your 6th of diet and health is ruled by the Sun and square the Moon, also with Neptune ruling again square the Moon these would be indicators. HOwever predominant air often offsets the weight gains. Sometimes sugar is the culprit with so much Libra and I speak from experience. That you have blood sugar issues is not a surprise as I do too. I am not diabetic as it is not in my family but I have to watch it and I think I was hyperglycaemic in my younger days but low GI foods counter that. I find that to have smaller meals and more regular through the day helps a lot. Keeps the metabolism revving and when we starve it goes into famine mode and stores fat, after a while, so dieting is counter productive. WIth regular exercise we can keep it down as well. But hereditary factors do play a part for sure.

Last edited:

Blackempress

Your 6th of diet and health is ruled by the Sun and square the Moon, also with Neptune ruling again square the Moon these would be indicators. HOwever predominant air often offsets the weight gains. Sometimes sugar is the culprit with so much Libra and I speak from experience. That you have blood sugar issues is not a surprise as I do too. I am not diabetic as it is not in my family but I have to watch it and I think I was hyperglycaemic in my younger days but low GI foods counter that. I find that to have smaller meals and more regular through the day helps a lot. Keeps the metabolism revving and when we starve it goes into famine mode and stores fat, after a while, so dieting is counter productive. WIth regular exercise we can keep it down as well. But hereditary factors do play a part for sure.

Hit the nail on the head. Impressive indeed regarding Libran Sugar... I currently don't have Diabetes but it does run in my family which makes me very prone as well. I probably rank a very high GI too.. better get my diet straight before I end up doing it the hard way. Thanks!

Mere

Well, I am finally seeing a counselor who is helping me work through my binging/purging tendencies and the root of them. She said that because I label things (food in particular) "good" or "bad" and I put a strong restriction on them (maybe becaus of a strong Scorpio ascendant and having a strong pluto in the 12th house)? Also, my counselor and I are beginning to think that one of the triggers for the out of control eating patterns that I am experiencing have to relate to a horrible break up that I went through two summers ago when a lunar eclipse conjucted my natal moon and Venus and was opposition my natal Neptune.