Weak Signs

david starling

In your always well considered opinions, how does Day Saturn manifest differently from Night Saturn?

Night-Saturn, AS AN AGE RULER: Promotes Male domination, extinction of species, death, disease, war, starvation, slavery and enslavement, greed, cruelty, and the inevitability of ultimate failure in a battle to survive. But, hey, picky, picky, picky...:smile:

Day-Saturn, AS AN AGE RULER: The diametrical opposite--just think Rhea and Ops versus their husbands, Cronus and Saturn. A possible name-change to go along with the gender-change: Saturnia.
So, to answer your question, as an Age Ruler, Day-Saturn will manifest in a MUCH kinder, gentler Terrestrial environment, physically, mentally and emotionally, wherein the 4th Sign will be one of the best acclimated. [IMO] Of course, some Signs might find it namby-pandy. Can't please everyone. Not enough Smiting for some!

Last edited:

david starling

Btw, I wouldn't take that "man/beast" symbolism too seriously. In the context of the Western, Tropical Ages, it just represents the Age of Sagittarius as being equestrian. It was a very high-energy, visionary Age ruled by Zeus/Jupiter and his son Apollo. These Tropical Ages are direct, so it's the Phoenix and Osiris/Pluto for Ancient Egypt and the Age of Scorpio. Or, if you prefer, Night-Mars as Age-Ruler.
To keep this on-Thread, different Signs are best acclimated to different Ages. [IMO]
Actually, it's more correct to say "different Charts"; a "weak" Chart in one Age is a "strong" Chart in another.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

I was horsing around about Sagittarius. They're cool with me, honest.

The Capricorn age sounds dismal but I can see how it "works" in our present day situation.

I hear some refer to this period as the kali yuga, the worst age for spiritual advancement. With the absence of light (Sun) and the supremacy of Saturn and Mars (who exalts in Capricorn), Sin may have free reign to shape and deform us in all areas of human life. With Saturn we have oppression and ignorance through fear and "lack of faith" -- a lot of people feel there is no God/ Spiritual reality beyond the purely physical and with Mars we have the will to power and all the competitions and War that people lament and simultaneously can't get enough of.

This age beyond the supremacy of Matter over Spirit may mean that this age may bring immense progress in the way of technology and super-structures that characterize our development. Our tall skyscrapers, our airplanes and spaceships that allow us to leave the Earth's atmosphere and explore the stars (Interestingly, Saturn is the last before the sphere of the fixed stars -- speaking of traditional lore of course). This advancement in our technology doesn't seem to fulfill the inner craving for the divine that I think all humans possess; so what is done to fulfill that void? Many turn to the chasing of Material Success which never satisfies as it neglects that other part of what makes us human - the spirit.

I'm vibing here as I find your idea that this is actually the Capricorn age interesting.

I have some more questions -- If the sun is inoperative (NIGHT- Saturn) could this really be an age of "Male supremacy"? and why do you suppose that the Aquarian Age will shift into being female- centric? I'd also be interested to know why Cancer (as the archtype) would enjoy the Aquarian age (where traditionally they have nothing in common).

david starling

The beginning of this Age around 400AD gives historians a sense of Darkness. Religions now exist like lanterns and torches to keep the Light, so obvious during the Age of Sagittarius, alive in our hearts. Astrology may not be a religion, but it performs the same role. The male domination of this Age is fear-inspired, as is the characterization of Saturn as the evil, extremely powerful being known as Satan. Big, strong men, afraid of the dark! Who knew!? But Capricorn, the cleverist of Age-signs when it comes to technology, has gone lanterns and torches one better--Modern Science and technology, chasing away the Darkness with electricity and shifting consciousness to concentration on the Material Plane. The Aquarian gylph isn't about electricity, it's about Thought waves. Control THOSE, under the aegis of Day-Saturn, when the fear now caused by Night-Saturn has faded, and the Light again becomes directly available, and Technology becomes auxiliary and secondary to our own human mental abilities.
The Aquarian glyph is also about Water, as the word AQUArius implies. While it's an Air-Sign, a Sign of Thought, it carries and pours out Water (Emotion); and the Water that will be most valued during the AofA will be that of the 4th Sign.
c.t., as a fellow denizen of the 12th House you might see why I've personally changed the name of the 4th Sign to "Mer", symbolized by a mermaid--fits perfectly! [IMO, of course]

Last edited:

david starling

If I may, I'd like to take the Onus off of Saturn, for people, such as Kitchy and Duenderoja, who view Saturn as an ally in their Charts. The Saturnian vibration itself isn't to blame. It's like fire--use it well and it's extremely useful, even life-saving. But to those who can't process it properly, for whatever reason, it's like fire out of control--explosive and deadly. Especially in combination with improper processing of the vibration of Mars. The problem for all of us is, those types have used their affliction to gain dominion over the planet using Capricornian-Age technology that was meant for the benefit of civilization. The gross misuse of this Age's Saturnian Rulership and Capricornian Age technological ability is a human failing and shouldn't be blamed on Saturn or Capricorn. "The 'Devil' made them do it" doesn't cut it in my book.

Last edited:

craft94

I think it depends on how you define "weak". Like, I'm physically weak but I believe I'm mentally strong. Not as strong as I'd like to be. My anxiety is VERY bad and I don't have the greatest self-esteem, but I'm very strong-willed. I'm very critical and not easily influenced. Also, I can fight to the death if I have to. This is me and I am not a sign. I'm just trying to illustrate how definitions of strong vs. weak can differ.

I think every sign can be seen as strong/weak in it's own way. I'm not saying this to be nice. I have no reason to be nice. I'm talking about the signs as archetypes, not people, but take a sign like Pisces for example. Pisces could be seen as weak: impressionable, easily influenced, oversensitive but as Sibylline said, Pisces is strong in empathy and imagination.

Then on the opposite end, we have strength. When I think "strength", Aries (representing the warrior archetype) is the first sign that comes to mind. Pisces is stereotyped as oversensitive but Aries is stereotyped as easily angered and that could be seen as oversensitivity too, in a way. If you're the type to get angry at every little thing, that too could be seen as a weakness. This could be perceived as childishness or immaturity. Impulsiveness isn't always the most intelligent option, and sometimes, it takes real strength to admit your vulnerability rather than trying to win at everything. I'm talking about Aries as an archetype and mostly just it's shadow side, not Aries Suns.

It sickens me to see weakness in others, because I hate to see it in myself. I think it's mostly the Scorpio in my chart that makes me this way, but the Taurus and Uranus might also have some effect. Even the Libra...I see myself as being the archetype of the judge, "objectively" weighing every piece of evidence there is…I can't trust other people to make decisions for me. Decision-making is MY strong suit, even if they take a while to form. I would define strength as the ability to think for yourself, but other people would define "strength" differently (...one of my teachers believes that freethought is a negative consequence of America capitalism...). In this case, I would assume Sagittarius to be the "strongest" sign, at least as an archetype…in my experience, Cancer Suns (especially with Mercury and Venus in Gemini) happen to be the "weakest" (according to my own definition), but I don't think Cancer is weak as a sign. Cancer is known for having a hard protective shell, and then there are individuals such as Courtney Love whose strength I admire.

Last edited:

david starling

Where do you advance this theory? Very interesting. Also, I am not sold on the idea that the 7th or 12th signs from the 'environmental' sign are not useful, etc. Take the Piscean age for example - it's not Virgo qualities that were less than useful. If anything it's the continued presence of Arian / Mars energy, or the power and dominance drives building imperial institutions (cap/Saturn) that create problems for the Piscean visions. (And none of the three would have survived without the farmers and careful copyists!)
I've studied the spots off the Ages concept for 40+ years. First in library and bookstores, then on the net. I started with the Sidereal Ages and quickly adopted the well-known polarities method. So I believe the Sidereal Age of Pisces should be viewed as the Age of Pisces/Virgo. Also, that Virgo in this context is in an essential, supportive role. I also take the "over-lap" of Ages, also well-known, extremely seriously. The Foreground Age of Pisces/Virgo concurrent with the Background Age of Aries/Libra. As far as the Sidereal Ages go, I think your impressions are spot on. What isn't spot on is this off-thread, in-depth discussion of the Ages, for which I'm mostly responsible! The Astrology in the Age of Aquarius forum would be the logical choice.::smile:

david starling

Craft, for what it's worth, the Ryder-Waite Tarot deck has a card in the Major Arcana labeled "Strength", which is commonly linked to the Sign Leo.

Hi

There are No weak sun signs.To say there is,it is belittling astrology.

There are natal charts that indicate a weak personality.

Charts lack of hard aspects,(especially from saturn and pluto to personal planets)with full of trines and sextiles may point to a weak person.when there are tough transits,they easily feel depressed and they become paralyzed and Can't cope with problems.Because,they are not familiar to that kind of stressful energy.

RaRohini

The beginning of this Age around 400AD gives historians a sense of Darkness. Religions now exist like lanterns and torches to keep the Light, so obvious during the Age of Sagittarius, alive in our hearts. Astrology may not be a religion, but it performs the same role. The male domination of this Age is fear-inspired, as is the characterization of Saturn as the evil, extremely powerful being known as Satan. Big, strong men, afraid of the dark! Who knew!? But Capricorn, the cleverist of Age-signs when it comes to technology, has gone lanterns and torches one better--Modern Science and technology, chasing away the Darkness with electricity and shifting consciousness to concentration on the Material Plane. The Aquarian gylph isn't about electricity, it's about Thought waves. Control THOSE, under the aegis of Day-Saturn, when the fear now caused by Night-Saturn has faded, and the Light again becomes directly available, and Technology becomes auxiliary and secondary to our own human mental abilities.
The Aquarian glyph is also about Water, as the word AQUArius implies. While it's an Air-Sign, a Sign of Thought, it carries and pours out Water (Emotion); and the Water that will be most valued during the AofA will be that of the 4th Sign.
c.t., as a fellow denizen of the 12th House you might see why I've personally changed the name of the 4th Sign to "Mer", symbolized by a mermaid--fits perfectly! [IMO, of course]

Hi David,

In vedic astrology too there are Male and female nakshatras( within Capricorn and Aquarius) and some are marked by Night Satan ( Demonic..Asura) and Day Saturn ( Devas) !!

david starling

Hi

Charts lack of hard aspects,(especially from saturn and pluto to personal planets)with full of trines and sextiles may point to a weak person.when there are tough transits,they easily feel depressed and they become paralyzed and Can't cope with problems.Because,they are not familiar to that kind of stressful energy.

I agree that some Charts are better configured to cope with stress than others. But
some Sun-signs are more, and some are less Functional when it comes to dealing with
the Quality of stress from one Age to another. [IMO] Also, from one profession to another.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

zodiac-monsters-fantasy-digital-art-damon-hellandbrand-10-600x420.jpg

This may or may not be what you were getting at, but I pictured the sea-goat (Capricorn) stretched out in the circular chart with its horned head in the 10th house (meaning Capricorn as supreme ruler of the age) and it's "mermaid tail" in the 4th house - so the tail rests in Cancerian waters (not sure what that this would mean - perhaps the primordial waters that the age draws its inspiration from?). Maybe you could elaborate more on what you mean.

I see the importance for Cancer in the Capricorn age, however why would these same waters be pertinent to the Aquarian age? If the Aquarian age is the one where humans unlock there full capacity (which I think is very plausible) then why wouldn't the fixed waters of Scorpio fit better? Scorpio is the sign where emotional alchemy occurs; the process of transforming your dark and mucky emotions into the emotional resilience and power that the sign is famous for. Why then wouldn't emotional mastery (Scorpio) mesh well with the age of human supremacy (Aquarius)? Interested in hearing your thoughts.

conspiracy theorist

I think it depends on how you define "weak". Like, I'm physically weak but I believe I'm mentally strong. Not as strong as I'd like to be. My anxiety is VERY bad and I don't have the greatest self-esteem, but I'm very strong-willed. I'm very critical and not easily influenced. Also, I can fight to the death if I have to. This is me and I am not a sign. I'm just trying to illustrate how definitions of strong vs. weak can differ.

I think every sign can be seen as strong/weak in it's own way. I'm not saying this to be nice. I have no reason to be nice. I'm talking about the signs as archetypes, not people, but take a sign like Pisces for example. Pisces could be seen as weak: impressionable, easily influenced, oversensitive but as Sibylline said, Pisces is strong in empathy and imagination.

Then on the opposite end, we have strength. When I think "strength", Aries (representing the warrior archetype) is the first sign that comes to mind. Pisces is stereotyped as oversensitive but Aries is stereotyped as easily angered and that could be seen as oversensitivity too, in a way. If you're the type to get angry at every little thing, that too could be seen as a weakness. This could be perceived as childishness or immaturity. Impulsiveness isn't always the most intelligent option, and sometimes, it takes real strength to admit your vulnerability rather than trying to win at everything. I'm talking about Aries as an archetype and mostly just it's shadow side, not Aries Suns.

It sickens me to see weakness in others, because I hate to see it in myself. I think it's mostly the Scorpio in my chart that makes me this way, but the Taurus and Uranus might also have some effect. Even the Libra...I see myself as being the archetype of the judge, "objectively" weighing every piece of evidence there is…I can't trust other people to make decisions for me. Decision-making is MY strong suit, even if they take a while to form. I would define strength as the ability to think for yourself, but other people would define "strength" differently (...one of my teachers believes that freethought is a negative consequence of America capitalism...). In this case, I would assume Sagittarius to be the "strongest" sign, at least as an archetype…in my experience, Cancer Suns (especially with Mercury and Venus in Gemini) happen to be the "weakest" (according to my own definition), but I don't think Cancer is weak as a sign. Cancer is known for having a hard protective shell, and then there are individuals such as Courtney Love whose strength I admire.

Just wanting to say that this was a pretty good post.

conspiracy theorist

Hi

Y'know, the idea of the thread came to me when I was perusing the moon thread and I noticed there were some who were calling certain signs "strong". This triggered memories of previous discussions about this same topic, the issue of which signs were "survivors"

Now, strength presupposes weakness so naturally if there are strong signs then there must be weak signs, yes?

However, I find it pretty interesting that many were quick (save a couple) to say that there are no weak signs and all signs have there strengths and weaknesses (I happen to agree with this view). It was a little personal experiment to see how people would respond. So far I've observed some things:

1. All signs have there strengths and weaknesses (a.k.a there is no such thing as strong or weak. Any alluding to such is probably rooted in ego)

2. There are strong signs and weak signs.

3. People are dismissive of simplicity (I think this is folly - Propaganda works very well when its simplistic - e.g political slogans).

I'd be interested to know what people have to say about this. (including calling me out)

Vyri

Banned
Concerning the special qualities of the Signs:

A quote here by Mark Edmond Jones from his Book Horary Astrology: "There are many conventional and long established "special qualities" of the signs, which are of uneven and often very questionable value. "

A partial list of some of the qualities of the Signs considered as Weak or Strong.

Wilson's dictionary gives Cancer Capricorn Pisces as Weak and Leo Scorpio and Aquarius as Strong. Contributing from "A Complete Dictionary of Astrology, London, 1819.

All the best
Vyri

conspiracy theorist

Concerning the special qualities of the Signs:

A quote here by Mark Edmond Jones from his Book Horary Astrology: "There are many conventional and long established "special qualities" of the signs, which are of uneven and often very questionable value. "

A partial list of some of the qualities of the Signs considered as Weak or Strong.

Wilson's dictionary gives Cancer Capricorn Pisces as Weak and Leo Scorpio and Aquarius as Strong. Contributing from "A Complete Dictionary of Astrology, London, 1819.

All the best
Vyri

Does the book go into detail as to why those signs are seen as weak and strong?

Vyri

Banned
There is another reference given by Manly P. Hall from his Astrological Keywords System given here; Strong and Weak Signs.
Same mention indicated by how their natural positions within a map either fortifies the constitution or is significant of an ailing disposition. The key is the association that each planet has given to a natural relationship with the other rulers of concern-affecting the signs temperament and personal disposition. The natural harmony and disharmony of each ruler being considered. Among other qualities of a sign.

Scorpio Aquarius Leo are called strong signs because they fortify the constitution, Cancer Capricorn and Pisces are called weak signs because those born under them are often delicate and ailing.
Maybe someone else can give a more qualified testimony, I am only a novice.

All the best
Vyri

Last edited:

Flapjacks

The worst sign is Cancer though man. Cardinal water? Super emotions? Bah, needless, worthless Sun sign. Glad they named a killer disease after it, what a waste of space. :devil: :crying: :devil:

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/10-signs-of-cancer-in-dogs-and-cat.html/old-sad-dog

If I may, I'd like to take the Onus off of Saturn, for people, such as Kitchy and Duenderoja, who view Saturn as an ally in their Charts. The Saturnian vibration itself isn't to blame. It's like fire--use it well and it's extremely useful, even life-saving. But to those who can't process it properly, for whatever reason, it's like fire out of control--explosive and deadly. Especially in combination with improper processing of the vibration of Mars. The problem for all of us is, those types have used their affliction to gain dominion over the planet using Capricornian-Age technology that was meant for the benefit of civilization. The gross misuse of this Age's Saturnian Rulership and Capricornian Age technological ability is a human failing and shouldn't be blamed on Saturn or Capricorn. "The 'Devil' made them do it" doesn't cut it in my book.

I don't think it's like fire. It's not explosive. "Bad Saturn" is crushing and oppressive. Positive application of Saturnine principles is constructive and productive... however, sometimes the positive and negative effects occur simultaneously, which is unfortunate.

david starling

Yeah, the simile regarding fire is more about the combination of Saturn and Mars that afflicts this Tropical Age of Capricorn. The fact that it could be called "the Age of Explosives" sparked it. Gun powder came in at the Age's beginning, around 400A.D., in China, hurling Saturn's metal (lead). But the Background Age of Sagittarius held it off in the West for about 1000 years, in favor of the bow and arrow. Dynamite was invented by Alfred Nobel for building roads and tunnels. The Wright brothers invented the combustion -engine airplane (combustion -engines run on small, contained explosions) to further transportation. First thing you know, the Masters of War are dropping dynamite out of airplanes. Every civilization -building Capricornian invention has met the same fate, including the Internet, now used for drones equipped with "hellfire"! missiles.:devil:
The point is, Saturn can be an ally if it's well placed in the Chart, a Benific. Not everyone is so fortunate. And when processed improperly and immorally, a Malefic Saturn can provide the ability to dominate and destroy. Hence, the Masters of War, and those who serve them out of fear, or, because the $$$ is good.:annoyed:

Last edited: