Weak Signs

conspiracy theorist

Thought this would be an interesting topic to start.

There has been countless threads about which sign is the strongest, toughest, baddest, sexiest and so on. And as expected, people are quick to give the reasons why their sign fits the bill. I think this has been done to death.

However, no one would ever want to be viewed as weak right? Yet, it's logical to think that if there are strong signs then there must be weak signs. I'd be interested to hear your opinions on the matter.

waybread

Ok, I get that this is a "chat" board, but honestly-- is there a point to reverting to simplistic sun-sign astrology? Whatever happened to reading the chart as a whole? No sign is intrinsically strong or weak. It is made so by the planets in it (or the lack thereof,) and by its position amidst the house cusps.

Just for example, as the mutable water sign, we might see Pisces as "weak" but if someone has Pisces in the 10th house with the MC, sun and Jupiter (domiciled) there, with Jupiter trining the (domiciled) moon in Cancer, Mr. Pisces has a lot of strength in this situation. Much more so than the sun intercepted in Scorpio (fixed water) in the 12th house.

You get the picture.

katydid

I see the mutable signs being pegged as 'weak', quite often. But I am not sure how valid that is.

I have a very close family member with the Sun in Gemini, Sag rising, and Jupiter, her chart ruler, in Virgo conjunct the MC. But she is not a weak person at all. She is indecisive and sometimes anxious. But not weak. Just sometimes overwhelmed by her own pervasive thought processes. :sideways:

But if i need to talk to someone to help me think things through, she is perfect. She rationally and logically follows it all through, step by step, to see the most logical solution.

conspiracy theorist

Ok, I get that this is a "chat" board, but honestly-- is there a point to reverting to simplistic sun-sign astrology? Whatever happened to reading the chart as a whole? No sign is intrinsically strong or weak. It is made so by the planets in it (or the lack thereof,) and by its position amidst the house cusps.

Just for example, as the mutable water sign, we might see Pisces as "weak" but if someone has Pisces in the 10th house with the MC, sun and Jupiter (domiciled) there, with Jupiter trining the (domiciled) moon in Cancer, Mr. Pisces has a lot of strength in this situation. Much more so than the sun intercepted in Scorpio (fixed water) in the 12th house.

You get the picture.

Funny, I was going to add to my Op this line : "I know this is Pop but since this is chat I'm not planning to get any super serious discussion."

The whole chart argument nukes just about every "single point/aspect" thread and it's such a safe and easy response. :sleeping: plus it doesn't have to be the sun sign, but the sign as a pure archetype can be discussed.

conspiracy theorist

I see the mutable signs being pegged as 'weak', quite often. But I am not sure how valid that is.

I have a very close family member with the Sun in Gemini, Sag rising, and Jupiter, her chart ruler, in Virgo conjunct the MC. But she is not a weak person at all. She is indecisive and sometimes anxious. But not weak. Just sometimes overwhelmed by her own pervasive thought processes. :sideways:

But if i need to talk to someone to help me think things through, she is perfect. She rationally and logically follows it all through, step by step, to see the most logical solution.

I've heard that about the mutable signs as well. The whole double-bodied and wavering aspect to them don't lend itself well to the "robustness" that we get with the fixed or the "swiftness" of the cardinals.

Interesting story about your family member. I've known some overly anxious and fearful people refer to themselves as lacking strength to cope with everyday reality, finding it very hard to do what seems to come 'effortlessly' to most. Indecision and anxiousness aren't things you associate with strength though and someone who is not as thoughtful as you would probably look at a person like your family member and deem her as "weak". Which probably would bring us to ask ourselves what exactly we mean by the term "weakness".

katydid

I've heard that about the mutable signs as well. The whole double-bodied and wavering aspect to them don't lend itself well to the "robustness" that we get with the fixed or the "swiftness" of the cardinals.

Interesting story about your family member. I've known some overly anxious and fearful people refer to themselves as lacking strength to cope with everyday reality, finding it very hard to do what seems to come 'effortlessly' to most. Indecision and anxiousness aren't things you associate with strength though and someone who is not as thoughtful as you would probably look at a person like your family member and deem her as "weak". Which probably would bring us to ask ourselves what exactly we mean by the term "weakness".

But her Jupiter, chart ruler, is conjunct her MC. She is very talented and has a successful career in entertainment. So people don't really see her as weak. Maybe her Moon in aquarius helps her with that.

And she kind of hides her indecisveness. She has an agent and a manager so she is able to put things off while she privately and anxiously dwells upon the decision to be made. :wink:

sibylline

I have Sun in Pisces (conjunct Venus, square Moon, trine Pluto, sextile Saturn) and I will be the first to say that Pisces is a weak sign, in the sense of not having a strong sense of self, lacking clarity, lacking will, and lacking energy. Anywhere you find in Pisces in the chart, you will note these traits. Of course I have stronger signs to make up for it, but my Sun (and Venus) is definitely not the sturdiest part and I have to call on other parts at times when my Sun is too scared.

Every sign has its purpose, and Pisces was never meant to be strong in the way Leo or Capricorn might be. Pisces is strong in intuition, empathy, creativity, imagination, and true understanding, something other signs sorely lack.

Blaze

Account Closed
I've heard all the talk about weak signs and whatnot. I think most of it is driven by ego.

Mutable signs, imo, have great strength since they have the power to adapt and after all, if one cannot adapt in life, they will die out. Fixed signs(which are known as strong) have trouble with this.

The worst sign is Cancer though man. Cardinal water? Super emotions? Bah, needless, worthless Sun sign. Glad they named a killer disease after it, what a waste of space. :devil: :crying: :devil:

david starling

I've heard all the talk about weak signs and whatnot. I think most of it is driven by ego.

Mutable signs, imo, have great strength since they have the power to adapt and after all, if one cannot adapt in life, they will die out. Fixed signs(which are known as strong) have trouble with this.

The worst sign is Cancer though man. Cardinal water? Super emotions? Bah, needless, worthless Sun sign. Glad they named a killer disease after it, what a waste of space. :devil: :crying: :devil:
{We are all Wayfarers on the Road of Life}

Like I've been sayin, it's the Age of Tropical Capricorn, here on Planet Earth. That's our Astrological environment in the Material, Temporal sense. And, the Environment determines "weakness" and "strength". So of COURSE the Sign opposite the environmental Sign has qualities not useful to coping with the current situation we're all in. Barefoot in an Age best suited to steel-toed boots. Notice that in addition to that "disease thing" tagged to the name of the 4th Sign, we've got "lunacy" and "lunatic" tagged to its Ruler. In this Age, SATURN RULES, and strength and weakness is judged on that basis. The 4th Sign will be the chief beneficiary of the AofA, which (contrary to popular opinion) hasn't started yet[In My Well-Considered Opinion].

the chief beneficiary of the

duenderoja

You get the picture.

Exactly. This thread is far too simplistic.

david starling

c.t. is O.P., so I'll define AofA Rulership as Day-Saturn, and advance the proposition that the contrast between this Capricornian Age's Rulership by NIGHT-Saturn, and the AofA's by DAY-Saturn will be "As different as.....".
For Modernists, it's on-beyond-Saturn to Uranian Rulership.:smile: [IMO]

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Nah m8, it's not as weak as Sagittarius. I mean its so pitiful that they has to attach two different species so it could function. THAT "sign" should have been the one called a deadly illness IMO.

conspiracy theorist

C.t. is O.P., so I'll define AofA Rulership as Day-Saturn, and advance the proposition that the contrast between this Capricornian Age's Rulership by NIGHT-Saturn, and the AofA's by DAY-Saturn will be "As different as.....".
For Modernists, it's on-beyond-Saturn to Uranian Rulership.:smile: [IMO]

In your always well considered opinions, how does Day Saturn manifest differently from Night Saturn?