Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Houses & cusps

Houses & cusps For discussions on houses and house cusps (i.e. planets on angles, house stelliums and so on)


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 11-02-2018, 12:09 AM
WHYNOT WHYNOT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 289
Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Saturn in 8th .... (Sigh)

Without fail, EVERY single time any adverse transit to this placement... it triggers depression.
In particular, just Moon opposing or squaring it (which is the most regular occurrence of course) >>a distinct (although fleeting) depression.

In fact, whenever I suddenly feel depressed, and I check the transits, ...
sure enough - there it is again, Moon is squaring or opposing my 8th House Saturn.

Today transit Mercury is conjunct it, and I sure am feeling it - today I feel completely pessimistic about life in general. In fact soon after waking up I found myself in tears.

I'm curious to know if others experience this placement the same.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 11-08-2018, 11:03 PM
Lin Lin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,209
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

You wrote;"Without fail, EVERY single time any adverse transit to this placement... it triggers depression.
In particular, just Moon opposing or squaring it (which is the most regular occurrence of course) >>a distinct (although fleeting) depression."

First: congratulations for keeping track of the transits!! it's a very good habit.

Saturn is the planet of structure and testing and withholding. In the 7th or 8th house it's almost impossible to deal with without being in a relationship or having a business partner or a therapist....someone to share information with.

Saturn is a teacher. But it delays whatever it touches. So when you have a transit that is not friendly the fact that you are not in a functional relationship will become more conscious and you will be sad. Saturn wants to build; in one of the partnership houses it wants to build WITH another person. without a partner Saturn is very difficult.

But every Saturn will eventually experience supportive transits. Make sure when you have these you make the most of them.

If you post the chart the conversation can expand.
LIN
__________________


"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 11-09-2018, 07:33 AM
WHYNOT WHYNOT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 289
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Thank you Lin , for your comments.

That is very interesting what you say about "impossible to deal with without being in a relationship"..

I am at the other end of the age spectrum, and have settled into being quite content with my own company now. I have had a rich life, 5 children...and , well, here I am.

I have a very rich inner life now, a wealth from all my life experiences..

Saturn in 8th House has certainly been a teacher.

Many years ago, whilst still in my 20's, an astrologer told me that "Saturn in 8th = "emotional crises" in my life....
I certainly know now what that astrologer meant. My biggest lessons have come through those...

***********
BTW : Thanks, but I feel squeamish about posting my chart, because it feels too much to me like "undressing in public". LOL
(you might guess my Sun sign from this..Lol)

***********
I am very curious however, just to know if other people who have Saturn in 8th house
experience these episodes of depression triggered by outside transits..(eg squares, oppositions, conjunctions, etc.)

But now you are making me think.... that perhaps people who are within a relationship, don't notice them ...

Last edited by WHYNOT; 11-09-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 11-14-2018, 05:02 PM
Lin Lin is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 2,209
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Everyone notices Saturn. It's the planet of restriction, delay, and structure. It has very particular demands. These are determined by the rest of the "story" of the chart in question.
Saturn in the 8th has a lot to do with the dynamics of any partnership. But without knowing if there are other planets there, aspects to or from Saturn, etc, it is impossible to know more.
however, it does show the implications of the sorts of problems which will occur in marriage or business partnership.
I certainly understand your desire for privacy. I never post my chart but this is because I never ask questions about my chart. I'm a Leo with Scorpio rising and I definitely would never want to take off my clothes in public....
LIN
__________________


"The universe does not care if it inconveniences you."
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 11-16-2018, 05:50 AM
WHYNOT WHYNOT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 289
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

That last bit made me laugh - for which I must say thank you!

Last edited by WHYNOT; 11-16-2018 at 06:04 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 11-18-2018, 05:08 PM
ricca91 ricca91 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 40
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYNOT View Post
Saturn in 8th .... (Sigh)

Without fail, EVERY single time any adverse transit to this placement... it triggers depression.
In particular, just Moon opposing or squaring it (which is the most regular occurrence of course) >>a distinct (although fleeting) depression.

In fact, whenever I suddenly feel depressed, and I check the transits, ...
sure enough - there it is again, Moon is squaring or opposing my 8th House Saturn.

Today transit Mercury is conjunct it, and I sure am feeling it - today I feel completely pessimistic about life in general. In fact soon after waking up I found myself in tears.

I'm curious to know if others experience this placement the same.
YES, YES, YES!!! I have Saturn in the 8th opposition Chiron both squaring Sun-Mars in Scorpio. Cancer ASC.

Every time the Moon is square (especially waxing square) or opposition Saturn, irritability kicks in. I tell people to be patient with me because I tend to be litigious and intolerant. I have chronic depression (although in treatment and now I'm much better), so the Moon sometimes triggers these feelings, again, especially with the square.

The Moon is my chart ruler and my chart is VERY watery, so I'm moody by nature.

A question for you and sorry for the OT: how was your Saturn return? I'll have it next year so I'm looking for experiences!

Take care!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 11-19-2018, 07:15 AM
WHYNOT WHYNOT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 289
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricca91 View Post
YES, YES, YES!!! I have Saturn in the 8th opposition Chiron both squaring Sun-Mars in Scorpio. Cancer ASC.

Every time the Moon is square (especially waxing square) or opposition Saturn, irritability kicks in. I tell people to be patient with me because I tend to be litigious and intolerant. I have chronic depression (although in treatment and now I'm much better), so the Moon sometimes triggers these feelings, again, especially with the square.

The Moon is my chart ruler and my chart is VERY watery, so I'm moody by nature.

A question for you and sorry for the OT: how was your Saturn return? I'll have it next year so I'm looking for experiences!

Take care!
Thank you Ricca91! I'm so pleased a fellow sufferer has showed up. ..(and Scorpio as well!)

My first Saturn return spelled an emotional crisis...the end of my marriage. The writing had been on the wall for some time. I struggled with denial for a long time so the suffering was extended...till it finally happened .

I think first Saturn return is like....whatever is built on solid foundations will survive, but it's most definitely a reboot. (For me it was traumatic but, looking back I survived it fine.)
When you're still young you have more resilience..plus knowing you still have so much life ahead, & hope for the future , definitely helps.

Last edited by WHYNOT; 11-19-2018 at 07:31 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to WHYNOT For This Useful Post:
ricca91 (11-19-2018)
  #8  
Unread 11-19-2018, 07:36 AM
sethi's Avatar
sethi sethi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Some where on earth
Posts: 718
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Hello Whynot

Its been some time since I visited this forum, so HELLO to EVERYONE.

First of all please note that the pressure of transits go down as and as you age. They hit more strongly when you are in your thirties (especially after your first saturn return happens) and after the age of 45 or so their effect lessens, or maybe you become more used to it .

My first saturn return was too horrible , don't ask me to describe it. some people don't have much problem during their first return and they are the lucky ones.

I'll have a look at your natal chart if you will post it.

regards
Sethi
__________________
Sethi

A person who thinks he knows everything has still a lot to learn
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 11-19-2018, 08:37 AM
WHYNOT WHYNOT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 289
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Sethi, Hello! (...are you a 8th house Saturn person also? )

You're right, one does get better equipped to cope with emotional crises..with age.
But, on the other hand, it depends on what they are !
Some things are far worse than others..and worse things yet can still lie ahead.
This is the thing with 8th house Saturn... gulp.

Right now,Transit Jupiter is right on my 8th house Saturn , and...well I'm feeling sick.
It is triggering natal Saturn sq Pluto. (my Saturn is also conj my Nth node in 8th /Scorpio...) Ugh.
Too deep difficult & complex to talk about..(I just hope I feel better when Jupiter moves off it).
Thanks for offer to look at my chart, but like I said up further, I don't like to post my chart in public . lol.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Unread 11-19-2018, 11:16 AM
sethi's Avatar
sethi sethi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Some where on earth
Posts: 718
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

You can privately send to me if you like.

8th house saturn has a lot to do with your husbands / wifes / partner finances. you won't find them being wasting money
__________________
Sethi

A person who thinks he knows everything has still a lot to learn
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Unread 11-19-2018, 03:05 PM
ricca91 ricca91 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 40
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYNOT View Post
Thank you Ricca91! I'm so pleased a fellow sufferer has showed up. ..(and Scorpio as well!)

My first Saturn return spelled an emotional crisis...the end of my marriage. The writing had been on the wall for some time. I struggled with denial for a long time so the suffering was extended...till it finally happened .

I think first Saturn return is like....whatever is built on solid foundations will survive, but it's most definitely a reboot. (For me it was traumatic but, looking back I survived it fine.)
When you're still young you have more resilience..plus knowing you still have so much life ahead, & hope for the future , definitely helps.
Yes, having a cancer ASC I always look at the moon. Sometimes I wake up "off", look at the moon and there it is! tMoon in adverse aspect with Saturn!

Thank you for sharing your experience, it's valuable for me in preparation for what's coming. Stay strong!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 11-22-2018, 06:32 AM
WHYNOT WHYNOT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 289
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricca91 View Post
Yes, having a cancer ASC I always look at the moon. Sometimes I wake up "off", look at the moon and there it is! tMoon in adverse aspect with Saturn!

Thank you for sharing your experience, it's valuable for me in preparation for what's coming. Stay strong!
I thank you also ricca91 for sharing !
Thank you so much for your message ! (Yes strength is what is needed)
I wish you the same.
May you stay strong! Best wishes to you for your life ahead.
WN
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Unread 11-22-2018, 06:48 AM
WHYNOT WHYNOT is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 289
Re: Saturn in 8th House people, do you notice...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sethi View Post
You can privately send to me if you like.

8th house saturn has a lot to do with your husbands / wifes / partner finances. you won't find them being wasting money
Thank you Sethi for your kind offer.
I have been through a Dark Night of the Soul in last few days..
And I have found that Light dawns again, if one just stays strong and waits.. .

Some valuable insights have finally come..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
house, notice, people, saturn

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 12:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.