Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology > Astrology and Psychology

Astrology and Psychology For interesting discussions on psychological meanings and deeper implications in natal charts between members passionated by both psychology and astrology.

Unread 05-17-2018, 01:35 PM

What signs are multicultural

So I’ve come to see that some ppl in this world are more into integrating than other ppl. I would firstly associate Sagittarius, Aquarius, libra, and Gemini as most likely to integrate with other cultures.

As for signs who resist integration I’d say Capricorn is at the top of the list, followed by Taurus and Aries?

I haven’t decided where the other signs fit in. What do you guys think.

Unread 05-17-2018, 05:49 PM

Re: What signs are multicultural

I have a stellium in the 9th house with Sun conjunct Jupiter in Libra. I am very open to different cultures. In fact, I enjoy being and living far away from home and I speak several languages. I feel like a black sheep at home.
Unread 05-17-2018, 06:22 PM

I have no 9th house action whatsoever. Altho even tho it's in Taurus I suppose it's connected to my Venus. And my NNs in Sag. I'm very drawn to exploring various cultures and languages. I don't feel like I have a home or belong in one place. I wanna explore and experience as many different people as I can, but I have a special draw to cultures that have a rich folklore or ones that are especially enigmatic. I'm a Cancer
My Venus trines my Jupiter too. I feel like there must be multiple aspects that come into play here. Interesting subject to explore. This is such a core trait of mine, one that's existed in me as far back as I can remember

Last edited by Lykanized; 05-17-2018 at 06:36 PM.
Unread 05-17-2018, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritwoman View Post
I have a stellium in the 9th house with Sun conjunct Jupiter in Libra. I am very open to different cultures. In fact, I enjoy being and living far away from home and I speak several languages. I feel like a black sheep at home.
Haha that's funny. Yeah my brother's like this.
Unread 05-17-2018, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lykanized View Post
I have no 9th house action whatsoever. Altho even tho it's in Taurus I suppose it's connected to my Venus. And my NNs in Sag. I'm very drawn to exploring various cultures and languages. I don't feel like I have a home or belong in one place. I wanna explore and experience as many different people as I can, but I have a special draw to cultures that have a rich folklore or ones that are especially enigmatic. I'm a Cancer
My Venus trines my Jupiter too. I feel like there must be multiple aspects that come into play here. Interesting subject to explore. This is such a core trait of mine, one that's existed in me as far back as I can remember
Oh yes NN in sag is definitely into exploring cultures and the world. Lucky you. My SN is in sag and I feel like I've been there and I'm learning to communicate better.

Last edited by Abby83; 05-18-2018 at 12:04 AM.
Unread 05-18-2018, 01:36 AM

Sag and Pisces are number one. Both ruled by the planet of exploration and expansion, sag is more a physical traveler where as Pisces is a mental/dream traveler. Fronterring vs wanderlust. [My Sun and A.C. may be in sag but my Pisces is dominant in terms of signs, it contains an angular Jupiter and I have Neptune unaspected in the first].

Capricorn likes to travel because they respect culture [although not the statis quo] Aries likes to explore.

Next would be Taurus and Libra, Venus likes to see the beauty in the world around them.
Unread 05-18-2018, 01:44 AM

I pretty much agree with you.

I'll rank the signs on how open they are to multiculturalism (IMO)

Sagittarius
Aquarius
Pisces
Gemini
Libra
Leo
Scorpio
Cancer
Aries
Taurus
Capricorn
Virgo
Unread 05-18-2018, 05:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppLeo View Post
I pretty much agree with you.

I'll rank the signs on how open they are to multiculturalism (IMO)

Sagittarius
Aquarius
Pisces
Gemini
Libra
Leo
Scorpio
Cancer
Aries
Taurus
Capricorn
Virgo
Yeah that's similar to mine.

You also see it with countries. Capricorn dominant countries tend to stick mostly to their own culture, finding it difficult to integrate. Australia is an Aquarian country and favours multiculturalism. A statement politicians say regularly is 'there's strength in diversity.'
Unread 05-18-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
Sag and Pisces are number one. Both ruled by the planet of exploration and expansion, sag is more a physical traveler where as Pisces is a mental/dream traveler. Fronterring vs wanderlust. [My Sun and A.C. may be in sag but my Pisces is dominant in terms of signs, it contains an angular Jupiter and I have Neptune unaspected in the first].

Capricorn likes to travel because they respect culture [although not the statis quo] Aries likes to explore.

Next would be Taurus and Libra, Venus likes to see the beauty in the world around them.
Thank you.
Unread 05-18-2018, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby83 View Post
So I’ve come to see that some ppl in this world are more into integrating than other ppl. I would firstly associate Sagittarius, Aquarius, libra, and Gemini as most likely to integrate with other cultures.

As for signs who resist integration I’d say Capricorn is at the top of the list, followed by Taurus and Aries?

I haven’t decided where the other signs fit in. What do you guys think.
The title to this topic ,- what are you really asking?

Re "What signs are multicultural?"

1)Since our world is of course "multicultural" and always has been, - so are you asking which signs are most likely into travelling to visit other cultures, and maybe live abroad ?
(My Ans to that would be- I would say those with Saggi/ 9th house emphasis. eg My Saggi Moon - I spent years of my life living overseas and I love visiting other cultures and definitely have an appreciation for. )

... But of course I'm not sure what you are asking

2) re "integrating" - Are you meaning - as in living in another country and adapting to their way of life?

Last edited by WHYNOT; 05-18-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Unread 05-18-2018, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHYNOT View Post
The title to this topic ,- what are you really asking?

Re "What signs are multicultural?"

1)Since our world is of course "multicultural" and always has been, - so are you asking which signs are most likely into travelling to visit other cultures, and maybe live abroad ?
(My Ans to that would be- I would say those with Saggi/ 9th house emphasis. eg My Saggi Moon - I spent years of my life living overseas and I love visiting other cultures and definitely have an appreciation for. )

... But of course I'm not sure what you are asking

2) re "integrating" - are you meaning - as in living in another country and adapting to their way of life?
No, not all signs are multicultural. Sure, there are lots of cultures and ethnicities but not all signs are OK with multi culture and integrating. And by integrating - as an example say if an Italian moves to Australian. Is that person going to accept other cultures/ethnicities, interact with them, trade with them etc. There are in fact a lot of ppl in Australia who are not doing this, and they only interact, trade, and accept their own ethnic ppl and culture. I see this strongly associated with the sign Capricorn.
Unread 05-18-2018, 08:27 AM

Im very multicultural, im full English and was born in the Uk, from my teenage years, when i left school, my friends then became some kind of different culture, mainly mixed raced as in jamaican/white and also Asian, one spanish friend, one chinese friend.

This obviously then extended to me dating multicultural guys, i also prefer food from different countries, even my home decor has a very ethnic vibe going on, i can speak a little basic chinese (mandarin), i can speak a little urdu.

I also don't look Full english, ive been asked what ethnicity i am many many of times, ive got brown eyes and long dark brown hair, with an olive color skin tone, and this is interesting as my venus is in my 9th house.

I attract attention from guys who are only of a different culture to me, its actually also recently changed, and has now gone to getting a lot of attention from Turkish guys. I don't even like attention though, so most times they get a scowl....but there is a nice one in my local barbers, but i only have a soft spot for him as he's quite mysterious.

As for moving to another country to live, im not sure if i could even do this, as i've never even been abroad as of yet.

My asc is at 29,40 sagg but i think this all stems more from having 3 planets in my 9th house, being mars/pluto/venus.
Unread 05-18-2018, 08:39 AM

Ahhh. Yes . Again. The Saggi/9th house emphasis. Appreciation for other cultures.
The Following User Says Thank You to WHYNOT For This Useful Post:
or1000 (05-18-2018)
Unread 05-18-2018, 08:41 AM

Does it really matter which signs are multicultural?

It's not like someone who's a sun sign sag is gonna be like, "Alright lets open our borders to everyone."
Unread 05-18-2018, 11:54 AM

WHYNOT is raging against the politically motivated origin of the term "multiculturalism". Similar terms that were created to poison the well are " alt-right" and "conspiracy theorist" which when used to describe a person and/or idea instantly paints said person/idea as dubious and not to be taken seriously by "reasonable people".

More to the topic, with both Sagittarius and Aquarius prominent in my chart, I don't have much affinity for the term " multiculturalism" and being highly individualistic I don't quickly integrate into any system that requires me to change my behaviour or way of doing things unless I've done a lot of deliberation on the issue. And having some experience in the tourist industry, I have a distaste for "tourist behaviour" which doesn't mean I have a thing against foreigners, quite the contrary in fact.

Besides, my exploratory drive is too strong not to want to explore other peoples and cultures contemporary and ancient - but to say that I "love" other cultures is not exactly right either.

In fact, surveying my mind for persons with Aquarius/Sagittarius influence I see more in-group/nationalistic sentiments than not. What seems to be the case is a refusal to cede ground to anything that is too foreign to "their identity". Many are passionate about local folklore/ideology/religion/customs.

I personally know a lot of Leo types who take very well to integrating with other cultures.
Unread 05-18-2018, 07:54 PM
Senior Member, Moderator

Get back to astrology, to All

All,

Please get back to astrology. Every post should reference astrology in some way.

Back to astrology,

Tim
Unread 05-18-2018, 08:34 PM

Mutable signs would, in theory, have the easiest time integrating. Whilst fixed signs would have the most difficult.

Personally, I'm a big fan of "When in Rome" and can easily conform to any social expectation. But I will only do this so long as I am in Rome, mind. This could be due to Mercury, my asc lord being in Gemini, so I'm more flexible than my rigid Taurus asc might let on.

Edit - "Signs." I actually annoyed myself by saying "Signs would have x time." People are not signs.

Last edited by Blaze; 05-18-2018 at 08:36 PM.
Unread 05-19-2018, 12:44 AM

In *The Astrology File*, Gunter Sachs shows us his statistics about the Signs and their different interests and attitudes. One of them is called *striving for tolerance towards foreigners and those of other faiths*. Libra appear to be the most tolerant, followed by Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces. Capricorn appeared as the most intolerant, followed by Cancer and Leo. In each category we have a polarity: Libra and Aries as the most tolerant; Capricorn and Cancer as the most intolerant.
For me, mutable signs come to mind when we speak multicultural, but mercurial people are associated with the 3H symbolism: they tend to be more *local*. Gemini is an intellectual sign, but in real life that is more about small and local exchange of information, like the local journal and the trip to see your cousin who lives in the next village. And some local gossip too.
So the real multicultural signs would be Sadges and Pisces (not necessarily the Suns) and also people with emphasis on the 9H and people with Jupiter proeminent.
Capricorn has to be on top of the world. Some of them are attracted to multinationals because that’s where the top of the mountain is. The one that comes to mind is the present head of the IMF, the International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde: Sun Mercury near MC in Capricorn, with Sun in 9H.
Sadges are the real travelers and when they don’t travel, they enjoy *something different*, even if it’s just in the kitchen.
Pisces are more like the Fool in the Tarot Cards, sometimes wandering with no direction, like in a holistic nightmare where you could get from one point to another just by drifting aimlessly and then miraculously arriving at destination (because all Universe is connected, of course). Pisces would resist integration because they are not fully integrated on this Earth in the first place, so reproducing local cultural idiosyncratisies is really too much for them (speaking from personal experience there).
On an opposite note, any emphasis on Cancer or the 4H tends towards patriotic convictions. Simply the Sun in Cancer is not enough, but a generational planet near a luminary in Cancer will probably be very proud of his tribe and decide to protect it from any real or perceived danger. On the next level, I could cite some really nationalistic leaders with Cancer on the MC and heavy planets occupying that tenth house. It’s a somehow unnatural zodiacal position, as the roots become the top. They get to become a man’s career, anyway.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 85ABE66C-371F-4A06-AB32-FD8BC40CAED9.jpg (66.5 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Fomalhaut; 05-19-2018 at 12:53 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fomalhaut For This Useful Post:
Abby83 (06-19-2018)
Unread 06-17-2018, 01:15 AM

3 most multicultural signs are Gemini, Sagittarius (opposite to Gemini) and Aquarius (an air sign like Gemini), both the USA and Cal. are very Geminian and are multicultural societies with great diversity in race, ethnicity, culture and religion, and the major city of Los Angeles (L.A.) is Geminian in its local nature.

In this link is my last month's post on which signs rule an ethnicity or nationality:
https://www.astrologyweekly.com/foru...&postcount=517

I feel Libra, Capricorn and Pisces (the latter two are winter signs) enjoy seeking and savoring different cultures. Libra is an air sign in the middle point of the astrological zodiac year. And Libra is thought to be the sign of the Jewish faith (Judaism) and people, whom lived globally in diaspora for over 2,000 years.
Unread 06-17-2018, 02:13 AM

Please let's end the seasonal astrology, it's innacurate. The USA is very Saggitarius, pride for ones country, power hungry, etc. All themes in both.

I will note Pisces is the only sign that matches or out competes sag with travel.
Unread 06-17-2018, 02:26 AM

Quote:
So Ive come to see that some ppl in this world are more into integrating than other ppl. I would firstly associate Sagittarius, Aquarius, libra, and Gemini as most likely to integrate with other cultures.

As for signs who resist integration Id say Capricorn is at the top of the list, followed by Taurus and Aries?

I havent decided where the other signs fit in. What do you guys think.
I think it would be neptune and Jupiter.

It's funny because I'm a Sun conjunct Jupiter in Capricorn.
Also Mercury conjunct neptune in Pisces... I love getting to know all cultures 💛🌎 also just got a love of learning
Unread 06-18-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomalhaut View Post
In *The Astrology File*, Gunter Sachs shows us his statistics about the Signs and their different interests and attitudes. One of them is called *striving for tolerance towards foreigners and those of other faiths*. Libra appear to be the most tolerant, followed by Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Sagittarius and Pisces. Capricorn appeared as the most intolerant, followed by Cancer and Leo. In each category we have a polarity: Libra and Aries as the most tolerant; Capricorn and Cancer as the most intolerant.
For me, mutable signs come to mind when we speak multicultural, but mercurial people are associated with the 3H symbolism: they tend to be more *local*. Gemini is an intellectual sign, but in real life that is more about small and local exchange of information, like the local journal and the trip to see your cousin who lives in the next village. And some local gossip too.
So the real multicultural signs would be Sadges and Pisces (not necessarily the Suns) and also people with emphasis on the 9H and people with Jupiter proeminent.
Capricorn has to be on top of the world. Some of them are attracted to multinationals because thats where the top of the mountain is. The one that comes to mind is the present head of the IMF, the International Monetary Fund, Christine Lagarde: Sun Mercury near MC in Capricorn, with Sun in 9H.
Sadges are the real travelers and when they dont travel, they enjoy *something different*, even if its just in the kitchen.
Pisces are more like the Fool in the Tarot Cards, sometimes wandering with no direction, like in a holistic nightmare where you could get from one point to another just by drifting aimlessly and then miraculously arriving at destination (because all Universe is connected, of course). Pisces would resist integration because they are not fully integrated on this Earth in the first place, so reproducing local cultural idiosyncratisies is really too much for them (speaking from personal experience there).
On an opposite note, any emphasis on Cancer or the 4H tends towards patriotic convictions. Simply the Sun in Cancer is not enough, but a generational planet near a luminary in Cancer will probably be very proud of his tribe and decide to protect it from any real or perceived danger. On the next level, I could cite some really nationalistic leaders with Cancer on the MC and heavy planets occupying that tenth house. Its a somehow unnatural zodiacal position, as the roots become the top. They get to become a mans career, anyway.
I'd have to agree with you the most.
Capricorn. Ugh. As a Libra, this sign annoys me the most. Perhaps also cos I'm Jupiter dominant and Capricorn is detriment of Jupiter. Let's look at it this way. I'm gonna use an example by using ethnicity. I'll use my experience of my husbands 200+ Greek family members. Yes, there are a lot of wonderfully fantastic things about the Greeks (otherwise I wouldn't have married one). And I know I'm gonna offend some ppl but I'm gonna say it. Greeks are 100% Capricorn/saturnine. The resistance to share, compromise, get along, be pleasant or happy is depressing and suffocating. There is such rigidity and strictness with how things are done. The Greek way is - 'I, I, I, I, I, Mine, mine, mine.' There is no negotiation. No thinking on a matter. The answer is always 'my way or else.' Not even my way or the highway. But my way or else. Ownership and territorial come to mind. And then there's integration. I don't care if anyone calls me racist, evil or whatever. These are my findings of the Greek ppl here and how it relates to Capricorn - growing up with Greeks, being told you can only marry Greek, only allowed to be friends with Greek. Only allowed to buy meat/bread/clothes from Greek owned businesses. Must get Greek trade for fixing house. Must only celebrate parties and events the Greek way. Cannot do half and half celebrations with other ethnicities cos its ONLY allowed to be Greek.

If I look at Pisces on the other hand... I see Asians being linked to the sign Pisces. Asians/Pisces integrates all over the world. They respect other ppls cultures as well as their own. They can share space and live peacefully and equally without the need to conquer and dominate.
Unread 06-18-2018, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTruthSeeker View Post
I think it would be neptune and Jupiter.

It's funny because I'm a Sun conjunct Jupiter in Capricorn.
Also Mercury conjunct neptune in Pisces... I love getting to know all cultures 💛🌎 also just got a love of learning
I wonder what your chart looks like...
Unread 06-20-2018, 08:20 PM

Quote:
I'd have to agree with you the most.
Capricorn. Ugh. As a Libra, this sign annoys me the most. Perhaps also cos I'm Jupiter dominant and Capricorn is detriment of Jupiter. Let's look at it this way. I'm gonna use an example by using ethnicity. I'll use my experience of my husbands 200+ Greek family members. Yes, there are a lot of wonderfully fantastic things about the Greeks (otherwise I wouldn't have married one). And I know I'm gonna offend some ppl but I'm gonna say it. Greeks are 100% Capricorn/saturnine. The resistance to share, compromise, get along, be pleasant or happy is depressing and suffocating. There is such rigidity and strictness with how things are done. The Greek way is - 'I, I, I, I, I, Mine, mine, mine.' There is no negotiation. No thinking on a matter. The answer is always 'my way or else.' Not even my way or the highway. But my way or else. Ownership and territorial come to mind. And then there's integration. I don't care if anyone calls me racist, evil or whatever. These are my findings of the Greek ppl here and how it relates to Capricorn - growing up with Greeks, being told you can only marry Greek, only allowed to be friends with Greek. Only allowed to buy meat/bread/clothes from Greek owned businesses. Must get Greek trade for fixing house. Must only celebrate parties and events the Greek way. Cannot do half and half celebrations with other ethnicities cos its ONLY allowed to be Greek.

If I look at Pisces on the other hand... I see Asians being linked to the sign Pisces. Asians/Pisces integrates all over the world. They respect other ppls cultures as well as their own. They can share space and live peacefully and equally without the need to conquer and dominate.

I'm not Greek and I'm a sun conjunct Jupiter in Capricorn both sextile saturn
I would have to disagree with u there. Lol
Saturn in all charts is the psychological opposite of everything.
Because of this most time u have to pass the psychological test.. in order to unlock us.. if one can do that, then we will do most with the people we truly care for...
unfortunately with (libra) they show that dark side.. nice communication even if it doesn't match their actual actions of what they doing! Sometimes that dark side is libra having multiple partnerships and being disloyal.
Sometimes the only way to unlock Capricorn is complete honesty and even then a lot of people get this love/ hate thing will us when they can have us for our loyal dependable ways.

Moral of this story.. Astrology is way deeper that thar simple generalisation.
You can't judge a book by its cover.
Just like u can't Jugde a chart by one planet 🌎
Unread 06-26-2018, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoam1 View Post
Please let's end the seasonal astrology, it's innacurate. The USA is very Saggitarius, pride for ones country, power hungry, etc. All themes in both.

I will note Pisces is the only sign that matches or out competes sag with travel.
cus Sagittarius was the ascendant sign when the USA declared its independence while the sun is in Cancer and moon in Aquarius on July 4, 1776. I would think Gemini is the characteristic sign of the American people. To be proud vs to be bigoted, many countries, cultures and peoples are proud to be who they are.

And Sagittarius is the featured picture of the day on Wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Main_P...elescopium.jpg

Tags
multicultural, signs