Cold case of a missing girl

I took an interest in forensic astrology because of this girl's case. I found it cool that you could look at charts to find out where a missing person is or if a convicted killer is truly guilty. Forensic astrology really is something the police should look into, but obviously we know that'll never happen.

In 1996 a 13-year-old girl named Rachel Mellon went missing from her Bolingbrook, Illinois home. Rachel hasn't been seen since, and it's almost been 20 years.

Rachel's stepdad said she stayed home sick from school and he was also home too. He said at 2:30pm he left the house to walk the dog and left Rachel asleep in her bed. He also left the door unlocked for whatever reason. Her mom and siblings came home around 5:30pm and since she was not there they reported her missing. So between 2:30 and 5:30 she was taken or left on her own accord, although I think her dad is the killer since he had scratch marks on him right after she turned up missing.

I think he is actually her killer. Her diary stated that her stepdad had tried to kiss her and touch her inappropriately which leads me to believe that since he was the last one to see her, he likely tried to take advantage of her and maybe she refused and he killed her then. But let's see what the charts say...

Here's her story: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mellon_rachel.html

If you look under the bolded "life interrupted" section you'll see towards the bottom of that section before the next bolded section that the article mentions Rachel had talked about her stepdad touching her and kissing her.: http://prev.dailyherald.com/story/?id=226896

The chart for when she went missing:
johCYTB.jpg

She is the Moon and she's at a critical degree: 29. She also squares Saturn, the 8th house ruler. I'm thinking she sadly is not alive and died the same day she went missing.

Last edited:

theV

I don't know anything about this case,but I decided to get involved in it.After seeing some indications in astrology,I think she was murdered too and she is not missing.

I did her birth chart.She was born in 13/10/1982.I am guessing she was born in Boolingbrook,Ill.I wish we had her birth time.

She was born under the Pluto/Sun/Saturn conjunct,a malefic combination.The pluto/saturn shows sexual abuse,issues with the father,father might be dead, abusive,or violent.Saturn=father and pluto=darkness,sexuality,violent

It is shown strongly in her chart that she was molested.Pluto/staurn/sun aspect,and Neptune connection to this combo by sextile.

The thing that got more sure that she was murdered by her father her Harmonic Age for the 31/01/1996.

I think she is
saggi
tarius asc based on some of my analysis.here it is her birth chart with her Harmonic age.

Harmonic age act like transit.Alice Portman wrote about them you should check them.

CFH1C6x.png

We see on her Harmonic Age that there is a close coming to be a conjunct SUN/SEDNA ASPECT.the sun and sedna are far from each other,but still they are inhabiting the same sign and the same house.Far from each other with 7 degree orb.The sun=father,Sedna=the Victim.

There are a lot of articles talking about the Sedna archetype in astrology.It relate to victimization,and some serious dark stuff.

Sedna in the myth was murdered by her father.And here we clearly see that Rachel might have been killed by her father due to the strong sedna emphasis in the chart.Her natal Sedna opposite her harmonic Node in scoprio shows that she will encounter the sedna theme in that period of her life.

Another Combo is the Harmonic Eris/Saturn conjunct the natal sun indicate also a dark matters going at that time.Both of Eris and Saturn are disruptive and dark energies conjunct her natal sun activates them. Natal Eris conjunct Harmonic IC shows disruption and chaos at home and family matter (father).

I don't know anything about this case,but I decided to get involved in it.After seeing some indications in astrology,I think she was murdered too and she is not missing.

I did her birth chart.She was born in 13/10/1982.I am guessing she was born in Boolingbrook,Ill.I wish we had her birth time.

She was born under the Pluto/Sun/Saturn conjunct,a malefic combination.The pluto/saturn shows sexual abuse,issues with the father,father might be dead, abusive,or violent.Saturn=father and pluto=darkness,sexuality,violent

It is shown strongly in her chart that she was molested.Pluto/staurn/sun aspect,and Neptune connection to this combo by sextile.

The thing that got more sure that she was murdered by her father her Harmonic Age for the 31/01/1996.

I think she is
saggi
tarius asc based on some of my analysis.here it is her birth chart with her Harmonic age.

Harmonic age act like transit.Alice Portman wrote about them you should check them.

CFH1C6x.png

We see on her Harmonic Age that there is a close coming to be a conjunct SUN/SEDNA ASPECT.the sun and sedna are far from each other,but still they are inhabiting the same sign and the same house.Far from each other with 7 degree orb.The sun=father,Sedna=the Victim.

There are a lot of articles talking about the Sedna archetype in astrology.It relate to victimization,and some serious dark stuff.

Sedna in the myth was murdered by her father.And here we clearly see that Rachel might have been killed by her father due to the strong sedna emphasis in the chart.Her natal Sedna opposite her harmonic Node in scoprio shows that she will encounter the sedna theme in that period of her life.

Another Combo is the Harmonic Eris/Saturn conjunct the natal sun indicate also a dark matters going at that time.Both of Eris and Saturn are disruptive and dark energies conjunct her natal sun activates them. Natal Eris conjunct Harmonic IC shows disruption and chaos at home and family matter (father).

Yes I agree. It was her stepfather btw. Her biological dad is still searching for answers. Apparently the stepdad failed polygraph tests and had scratches on him right after she went missing. I mean based on that alone I think he's guilty as sin. He also had previous domestic violence issues. It's a shame that the cops haven't thrown him in jail yet! Poor girl and what she had to go through. With the 8th house Aquarius I assume her death was an unusual one and unexpected. Maybe her dad just wanted to rape her once again and this time she fought back which surprised him.

Marinka

The moon square Saturn aspect that you refer to would have happened about 16 hours earlier. Using contemporary astrology, the ruler of the 8th would be Uranus and that aspect would be occurring in about 2 degrees or 4 hours.

I find that I get the best results when I remove all of my opinions on what might have happened and just look at the chart ... the results can be surprising. This means that you change from trying to prove someone guilty (or innocent) and look instead at where the chart takes you.

I might suggest that you take the event chart and use it with the natal and interpret that together as to what paths were being presented to this girl.

theV

The moon square Saturn aspect that you refer to would have happened about 16 hours earlier. Using contemporary astrology, the ruler of the 8th would be Uranus and that aspect would be occurring in about 2 degrees or 4 hours.

I find that I get the best results when I remove all of my opinions on what might have happened and just look at the chart ... the results can be surprising. This means that you change from trying to prove someone guilty (or innocent) and look instead at where the chart takes you.

I might suggest that you take the event chart and use it with the natal and interpret that together as to what paths were being presented to this girl.

We do need the natal chart badly,We can't only use the time of death to explain what happened.

Marinka

We do need the natal chart badly,We can't only use the time of death to explain what happened.

Looking at the facts, the time given is the last time the step father saw her and it could be incorrect. It also does not necessarily indicate time of death as there is a question whether she died or not .... she could have run away or have been kidnapped both of which are also possible paths.

Quick glance at the transits to her natal chart (planet positions), she has transiting Pluto conjuncting natal Uranus and Transiting Uranus making a trine to natal Mercury. This suggests that she may left of her own free will (run away with a boyfriend) although would need the ruler of 8th, 4th, and 12th to confirm.

Looking at the facts, the time given is the last time the step father saw her and it could be incorrect. It also does not necessarily indicate time of death as there is a question whether she died or not .... she could have run away or have been kidnapped both of which are also possible paths.

Quick glance at the transits to her natal chart (planet positions), she has transiting Pluto conjuncting natal Uranus and Transiting Uranus making a trine to natal Mercury. This suggests that she may left of her own free will (run away with a boyfriend) although would need the ruler of 8th, 4th, and 12th to confirm.

The natal unfortunately does not have her correct birth time which is why I didn't use it. Also, she was definitely last seen at 2:30pm because earlier that day she had phoned her grandparents and they didn't suspect anything. It's likely she died later than 2:30 but before 5:30 when her mom came. At 5:30 her mom issued a missing persons report.

Last edited:

I use traditional rulers like in horary. All the forensic astrology bloggers I look at also do. I find traditional rulers to be more helpful.

JUPITERASC

Looking at the facts,
the time given
is the last time the step father saw her
and it could be incorrect.

It also does not necessarily indicate time of death as there is a question whether she died or not ....
she could have run away or have been kidnapped both of which are also possible paths.
So clearly the chart posted with a 2:30PM is unreliable
The natal unfortunately does not have her correct birth time which is why I didn't use it.

Also, she was definitely last seen at 2:30pm
because earlier that day she had phoned her grandparents
and they didn't suspect anything.

'earlier in the day' could have been the morning
and
unless she phoned her grandparents at precisely 2:30pm
the 2:30pm time is merely speculative and is unreliable

It's likely she died later than 2:30
but before 5:30 when her mom came.
At 5:30 her mom issued a missing persons report.
There is no direct evidence that she has died
however
there's no evidence she is living either

but
if her mom issued a missing persons report at 5:30pm
then her mom noticed she was missing before 5:30pm
- it's simply that Law Enforcement personnel noted the report as having been received at 5:30pm

somewhere amongst the case records
the time she phoned her grandparents would have been noted
because that would have been easily obtained from phone records

and so
because her grandparents testimony is reliably backed up by data records from the phone company :smile:
that would be the reliable event chart to study

I forget.I thought that she was 18 when she disappeared.Also I don't think she would have a boyfriend at such young age.

No, she was 13 almost 14. I have links posted in my post in case you want to look.

It says she was 13: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mellon_rachel.html

theV

If she phoned them before 2:30,then it doesn't matter too much.Yes, I don't think she is returning.It is been so long for her absence.

The girl was obviously a prey to sexual predator with her sun conjunct Pluto.She was destined to live under survival mode .

With the birth time I gave her 12:30 which I figured,after using harmonic charts points and planets if they match up with her natal planet.

"To explain; her harmonic important number is 4 (1+3)I found out that her Harmonic Neptune and Harmonic Uranus are at the 9th degree of both mutable signs;Uranus(Sagittarius) and Neptune(Pisces),and with her having a natal Virgo moon.I guessed it would at 8 degree Virgo or 9,in order to make a connection to harmonic Neptune or Uranus,giving her a natal Saggitarius Asc"

After looking at her pictures and some of her videos,Sagittarius fits her well as Ascendant.her bubbly,fun personality as described.Her desire to be a teacher seems to fit the picture.

I have done a solar return for her at the day of 31/01/1996,and her Sun is located in the eighth house conjunct the node.Mars conjunct Pluto too in her solar return which also indicate dark theme going during that year.

There is an Arabic part called "Part of Death". Her natal POD is in Scorpio 17,and surprisingly her HARMONIC AGE FOR 31/1/1996 PLUTO IS also in Scorpio 17.

They are conjunct Natal part of death 17 scorpio conjunct harmonic pluto at 17 scorpio

Another thing her
HARMONIC AGE FOR 31/1/1996 PART OF DEATH is at 12 taurus opposite her Harmonic Age for 31/1/96 north node in 11 scorpio "destined for death".

and her part of death of Solar return is in 17 gemini conjunct the solar return moon.
I don't if parallel are allowed with Arabic parts,but her Solar return POD is parallel to her natal north node.

I also noticed that natal part of imprisonment is conjunct her natal sun

If she phoned them before 2:30,then it doesn't matter too much.Yes, I don't think she is returning.It is been so long for her absence.

The girl was obviously a prey to sexual predator with her sun conjunct Pluto.She was destined to live under survival mode .

With the birth time I gave her 12:30 which I figured,after using harmonic charts points and planets if they match up with her natal planet.

"To explain; her harmonic important number is 4 (1+3)I found out that her Harmonic Neptune and Harmonic Uranus are at the 9th degree of both mutable signs;Uranus(Sagittarius) and Neptune(Pisces),and with her having a natal Virgo moon.I guessed it would at 8 degree Virgo or 9,in order to make a connection to harmonic Neptune or Uranus,giving her a natal Saggitarius Asc"

After looking at her pictures and some of her videos,Sagittarius fits her well as Ascendant.her bubbly,fun personality as described.Her desire to be a teacher seems to fit the picture.

I have done a solar return for her at the day of 31/01/1996,and her Sun is located in the eighth house conjunct the node.Mars conjunct Pluto too in her solar return which also indicate dark theme going during that year.

There is an Arabic part called "Part of Death". Her natal POD is in Scorpio 17,and surprisingly her HARMONIC AGE FOR 31/1/1996 PLUTO IS also in Scorpio 17.

They are conjunct Natal part of death 17 scorpio conjunct harmonic pluto at 17 scorpio

Another thing her
HARMONIC AGE FOR 31/1/1996 PART OF DEATH is at 12 taurus opposite her Harmonic Age for 31/1/96 north node in 11 scorpio "destined for death".

and her part of death of Solar return is in 17 gemini conjunct the solar return moon.
I don't if parallel are allowed with Arabic parts,but her Solar return POD is parallel to her natal north node.

I also noticed that natal part of imprisonment is conjunct her natal sun

Thanks for looking at her part of death. I guess I was right and she is dead. How sad. Sometimes I wonder if a person was basically born to die at such a young age why she was born at all. I suppose in her short years on Earth she must have taught someone a lesson or learned her own spirit's lesson. Perhaps her death is something her stepdad is meant to deal with in this life, perhaps he's supposed to learn to confess and be honest about his nefarious deeds in this lifetime.

Yes,it is just a guess of mine.A speculation.I want to see her birth time so bad.

No birth time

http://www.astro.com/astro-databank/Research:Missing_Child_46054

Ok I just asked on her missing person page for her birth time. I'll see if her biological dad gets back to me. Here is the page for her
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-Find-Rachel-Marie-Mellon-Skemp/196082360408033

Last edited:

wilsontc

Staff member
back to astrology

All,

Please get back to astrology. I have deleted the non-astrological posts. If you want to speculate based on your own assumptions about this case, do so in the Chat section. If you have an astrological opinion based on the charts in this thread, or on other charts you provide, please do so.

Back to astrology,

Tim