will i die soon ?

Do you think this question is better address by horary astrology or by solar return?

Correct ! One option is the Solar Return for the year of the alledged demise. Look for prominent 8th house activity, ruler of the natal 8th house rising in the SR chart, or some smoking gun aspect (pardon the pun).

Also, check natal transits, progressions and directions for the year of death. The ruler of the 8th house is invariably afflicted, the 12th and 4th house are, as well ?

However, I have found that predicting your death in advance is not always your personal choice or perogative.

Essentially, personal death brings into focus your own personal relationship with the Lord.

You also will have to have a "chat" with the Lord and deliberate ? LOL

Well, it's not really "your call," anyways ! He will have the final say, as usual !

if you have a very large ego, that chat will likely be a bitter pill for you to swallow !

HM

Last edited:

waybread

Good point, horarymaster. The book you mentioned is by the late Richard Houck, The Astrology of Death. Houck was nevertheless completely and significantly wrong on both the timing and manner of his death.

The nails in the coffin of astrological death prediction appear in India, where some astrologers or their clients disliked the death predictions which their methods gave them, and committed suicide ahead of time. Worse yet, there seems to be a strong power of suggestion for depressed, emotionally vulnerable people. While any suicide is tragic, the take-home lessons are that if the methods were accurate, someone couldn't just cheat them by committing suicide earlier; or else that the methods simply failed to predict the actual timing and manner of death. That a suggestible unhappy person might actually be driven to suicide by an insensitive prediction should give anyone pause.

But the OP chart basically gives a negative, with a strong indication that s/he is thinking about death.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Display...ecember/theuae_December556.xml&section=theuae

http://www.aghilham.com/0501/astrologyproof.html

http://cosmoquest.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-33930.html

http://www.rationalistinternational....1022_en_1.html

http://www.newindianexpress.com/citi...icle604757.ece

DreamingTheSeas

Hi people, still alive! Ok, just kidding. I have read all of your answers and thank you.
As for the matter of death predictions i think that if its proper for astrology to predict birth, or marriage, or job then its proper to predict death too.

Hi people, still alive! Ok, just kidding. I have read all of your answers and thank you.
As for the matter of death predictions i think that if its proper for astrology to predict birth, or marriage, or job then its proper to predict death too.

Well now, it's a question of personal ethics and integrity for the monkey, don't you think ?

If you, the monkey, counsel a person to comitt suicide or his own death, and then he dies, can you, the monkey, be held personally liable for damages, civily, or is it a criminal act ?

Some jurisdictions say yes, you're gonna go to jail over counselling others to committ suicide ?

I believe a soothsayer from Florida got prosecuted for counselling death for two undercover cops, posing as a married couple.

I say for those who instruct others to die, it's a slippery slope, indeed, and dont be surprised if you attract the attention of cops.

So, that is what the "monkey" needs to ponder.... before they do their monkey business !

Therefore, stop monkeying around !

LOL

-HM

Last edited:

DreamingTheSeas

Well now, it's a question of personal ethics and integrity for the monkey, don't you think ?

If you, the monkey, counsel a person to comitt suicide or his own death, and then he dies, can you, the monkey, be held personally liable for damages, civily, or is it a criminal act ?

Some jurisdictions say yes, you're gonna go to jail over counselling others to committ suicide ?

I believe a soothsayer from Florida got prosecuted for counselling death for two undercover cops, posing as a married couple.

I say for those who instruct others to die, it's a slippery slope, indeed, and dont be surprised if you attract the attention of cops.

So, that is what the "monkey" needs to ponder.... before they do their monkey business !

Therefore, stop monkeying around !

LOL

-HM

Of course is illegal and very very bad for anyone to push a person to comite suicide!
But when an astrologer predict death in a chart, is that equal to push someone for suicide??? !!!

Of course is illegal and very very bad for anyone to push a person to comite suicide!
But when an astrologer predict death in a chart, is that equal to push someone for suicide??? !!!

Depends on who is doing the interpretation ?

If the "astrologer" is a relative newcomer, a recreational or "sun sign" astrologer, obviously nobody cares what they think or say.

However, if it was a "paid" professional astrologer or a so called "world class" astrologer, then, that astrologer is crossing the line of astrological ethics (in my opinion) and may even be breaching the terms of his membership with groups like the American Federation of Astrologers.

Did you know that if you predict death in the natal chart, and you are a paid member of AFA, they can kick you out (expel you) for violating their rules of ethics.

I am past member of AFA and I agree with their rules on predicting death. I dont think students of astrology should waste their valuable time with subjects like their own death ?

Back to you, dreaming the seas, you seem to have a penchant for asking silly, wierd, horary questions, first, about your relative involved in some weird family situation, and now, about your own death ?

Your life must be pretty pathetic to navel gaze about such minutia.

Maybe these questions are symbolic of something else going on, such as: no real life purpose.

Instead of concentrating on death, maybe we astrologers should focus on SAVING LIVES, like volunteering at a crisis line, counselling suicidical people, working at centres for abused people, etc.

It's much much harder..... to save a life than to kill one, true ?

So yeah, put your money where your mouth is !

-HM

Last edited:
The nails in the coffin of astrological death prediction appear in India, where some astrologers or their clients disliked the death predictions which their methods gave them, and committed suicide ahead of time.

Hello:

Yes, the old Indian astrologers still like to predict death, namely because of the Indian public's expectation of their astrologers.

However, the new, younger generation of Indians are much different than their parents and are being exposed to all sorts of things on the internet, like American astrology, American culture, etc, which allows for much more free will, independance of thought, and individual destiny,

Many young Indians, both male and female, are a dynamic, well educated, politically aware group of people and they are becoming more familiar with western horary techniques and even western natal techniques.

One such astrologer I am acquainted with is an American astrologer named Mu Min Bey, who practices both vedic and Western tropical astrology.

He is a very good vedic astrologer, actually and he can also predict death with a fair amount of accuracy, better than most western astrologers.

Mu Min is a very outspoken astrologer (Sun in Sagittarius, Capricorn rising) and he will only tell you the truth. So, if you can't handle the truth, better not see him !

Izzy542

In my country doctors do not tel the patient if he has few months to live they do not say to them (but to their familys) when they have canser, I think that this very unfair to the people and very convienent to doctors young people though who might have unfinished bussiness to do. I am not suggesting that astrologers and doctors are the same thing although both can be wrong.
Also in the same way if an astrologer tell a women that her husband has a loveafair she again can commite suiside or even keeling the man, so maybe probably telling only the nice stuff?
If you asking me if I would like to know when I gonna diy,not of course.Thats why I would not ask.I believe if someone ask something he wants to know.

Oddity

I think there can be valid reasons for predicting death, or critical periods.

But that's in person with the client sitting in front of you. I can think of no good reason to predict death for someone over the internet - that's just creepy.

DreamingTheSeas

Depends on who is doing the interpretation ?

If the "astrologer" is a relative newcomer, a recreational or "sun sign" astrologer, obviously nobody cares what they think or say.

However, if it was a "paid" professional astrologer or a so called "world class" astrologer, then, that astrologer is crossing the line of astrological ethics (in my opinion) and may even be breaching the terms of his membership with groups like the American Federation of Astrologers.

Did you know that if you predict death in the natal chart, and you are a paid member of AFA, they can kick you out (expel you) for violating their rules of ethics.

I am past member of AFA and I agree with their rules on predicting death. I dont think students of astrology should waste their valuable time with subjects like their own death ?

Back to you, dreaming the seas, you seem to have a penchant for asking silly, wierd, horary questions, first, about your relative involved in some weird family situation, and now, about your own death ?

Your life must be pretty pathetic to navel gaze about such minutia.

Maybe these questions are symbolic of something else going on, such as: no real life purpose.

Instead of concentrating on death, maybe we astrologers should focus on SAVING LIVES, like volunteering at a crisis line, counselling suicidical people, working at centres for abused people, etc.

It's much much harder..... to save a life than to kill one, true ?

So yeah, put your money where your mouth is !

-HM

Are you calling me a pathetic with no real life purpose because my questions in horary are weird (as you believe)?!
If i was a rude person instead of polite i would dare to call you an arrogant, but no, i will just say thank you for answering to my horary question.

A silly-weird-no purpose in life DreamingTheSeas