Will they be fair with a reference?

Neptune Rising

Hi,

me again. I've been having a lot of bother with my previous employers. They summarily dismissed me with no reason and said they might not pay me.

Anyway, I applied for a job a while ago and now have an interview next week. I'm just worried now the previous employers might unfairly chastize me in the reference. I've already put their names down as a reference on the application form unfortunately. I have other references I can use which are great. Just this company seem to live above the law and morality.

I asked, should I mention that they might give me a bad reference, or just leave it. Maybe the real question I was thinking was Will they give me a bad reference? Should I explain things to the prospective employer or will that blow any chance I might have?

Thanks for any help once again

Im Venus
10th house is Moon
7th house is Mars - enemies :mad:
3rd house is Jupiter

Moon is about to combust with Sun, not only that, an eclipse, in 3 degrees. This looks like the potential job is going to vanish in a puff of smoke!!

Sun also rules 11th house/wishes, and Saturn sits there. Wishes frozen away. Goodness I sound negative! Sorry!

POF sits in the ascendant. So i detect a ray of light?

Mars rules them **** and also the 2nd house.

This is what I cant figure out - Moon combusts, is that the end of everything? After the comustion, and conjunct with Mercury, the Moon trines Mars. Is the Moon carrying light from the Sun, Mercury to Mars?

The 3rd from the 7th, the "enemie's" communications is ruled by Mercury, and that is retrograde and combust the Sun. It looks pretty bad. Moon will meet Mercury, then the Sun. Mars is also in their 3rd house. Cutting remarks?

I would take it from this that they will give me a bad reference. In that case I should explain to potential job.]

I dont understand why Venus/me is in Mars exhaltation..

Thank you,
NR

well they would want to back up what they say, if they were to talk badly about you.......slander and defamation is a horrible thing to be sued for!
:)D)

Neptune Rising

Thanks Liquid, thats true, I appreciate your positivity. References are also confidential, I couldn't access what they said about me. They could say I was late all the time, no one can prove anything.
NR

you should be able to access any information about yourself.....freedom of information.....
without knowing how to really read this chart....cos in australia people get written references, perhaps you could ring the employer you filled out an job application for and tell them what is going on......honesty could work in your favour....tell them you may need to take the other employer to unfair dismissal commission (or what ever they are called )and tell them that you feel they have done this cause you had plans to leave.....
They will either appreciate it or not.....making your decision to be an employee of theres an easier decision. Obviously you would like to work with some people who appreciate honesty....
thsi could be career suicide, i am not sure.....i dont get involved in politics of business like this and would prefer to remain poor, but you have been hardly done by, and i dont see why these arses should be allowed to make it any more difficult for you

I cant in see them being fair with a reference, when they have obviously been underhanded in there dealings with you sofar....they have nothing stopping them being totally horrible to you..........I'm
going to see if i can find a way to look at the chart.........hopefully it says otherwise

edit:
the third house rules communication, both written and spoken.....it rules rumours...i'd look employers third house......the question being do you look at your old employer or the potential employer......perhaps they are ruled by the same house?

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Thanks LG! Can you be my union rep!?

I agree, I don't even think they are human, but I'm giving them no more of my energy. Yes your right, I hope these people take me at face value, I have two outstanding references for my previous company before these, so I'll just have to see how they take it.

I'm not really into a career, just need the money at the moment.

Thanks again,
NR

Neptune Rising

Hmm, interesting Liquid G. I'd take the old employers as 7th house/enemies, so it would be their 3rd house. Its ruled by Mercury retrograde and combust the Sun. It doesn't look good. Retrograde/combust makes me think of them being sneaky, and deceptive.

Moon/me and 10th house, potential job is going to be burned up by the Sun, shortly after meeting that retro Mercury. It looks like, the potential job/Moon will get their reference/Mercury and it will dissapear in smoke/combustion with Sun. :mad:

Maybe I should be honest and see what happens, nothing to loose then!
Cheers
NR

EDIT:
also Mercury rules their 6th house, so it seems, they are talking about work issues. Perhaps I'm wrong, not sure.

Neptune Rising

Thanks alot Liquid!
You helped me answer it, I learned quite alot with this chart. Their 3rd house seems to be the one to analyse, it seems to make sense.

Cheers,
NR

i'm still learning about it............again....tell us how it goes......I am never going to ask a question around an eclipse again......!LOL!

archergirl

Hi NR,

I took a shot at this one; it's a bit tricky, so I broke it down a little. I think Liquid Green is right and that honesty might be your best policy; and for sure, in the UK, employers HAVE to be careful with the kind of reference they provide. When I worked for the council, for example, we had a LOT of difficulty with a particular employee (who actually was a terrible employee), and the way the supervisor got around any potentially defamatory remarks (thus to avoid tribunals, etc) was to provide the bare minimum in terms of reference, e.g. yes, she showed up to work, yes, she performed the work she was supposed to, etc. This may be what your last employer may choose to do if they want to cover their butts.

That being said, what is interesting in this chart is that Mercury Rx represents both the 'communications' of the 7th house of 'enemies' and the 10th house of 'employers'.

The Moon moves to combust the Sun, true, but there is interference from this Mercury first; the Moon can't reach full combustion because of it.

Since *your* communication is ruled by Jupiter in fall, you are not best placed to 'explain' things, especially since your ruler Venus has already passed a conjunction and is separating. Perhaps hold off on the honesty just yet.:D I would say, if the interviewers ask why you left your last job, be honest; but as we say in the States, "Don't ask; don't volunteer."

As Mercury moves backwards to prevent the Moon from burning up, it may be that the employer's communications move to avoid any potential problems. Mercury, if it weren't combust and Rx, would be in some dignity. I see this as the type of reference we had to provide for our 'troublesome' employee ;) : not a glowing reference, by any means, but one that moved to prevent any further 'trouble'. (She got the job she applied for, btw).

Keep in mind, this is not a horary for 'will I get the job'; just a query about the type of reference you'd likely get...

Also, POF sits in your 1st house, and on the Ascendant angle, ruled by Venus. This is a good sign, most definitely.

Hope this helps!
Best,
AG:)

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hi AG!
Thank you very much for your help.

I wasn't sure how to take Mercury, since it is combust. Hopefully, this will prevent the future career/Moon from burning up. I thought the Moon was carrying the light from Mercury to the Sun.

He looks like a dodgy fella here, that Mercury! Mercury is in terms of Venus, but Venus doesn't recieve Mercury at all. Ah well, all I can do is be honest. You are right, I'll only offer the info if they ask.

I appreciate your help,
all the best
NR

EJ53

Banned
I have provided references and conducted many interviews in the past.
Employers rarely provide a bad reference, as it reflects badly on them and can get them sued. However, neither do employers give good references about unsatisfactory employees - as it reflects badly on them and can get them sued. Honest references are good business practice - so, any difficulties with you will be included BUT the interviewer will ask questions in a way that gives you the opportunity to state your case.

NEVER say anything bad about a former employer - potential employerws will fear that you will do the same if you have problems with them and leave. Honesty is the ONLY policy here - no employer expects worthwhile employees to be trouble free AND the reputation of your former employer may precede you. So, in some cases, difficulty with an employer can work for rather than against you.

Anyway, I thought you were going to teach yoga.

Neptune Rising

Hi EJ

This is for a part time job that i applied for a while ago. I really need the money just now, just in case the last job don't pay me, they said they would try and find a way not to pay me. Goodness, when I look back I'm amazed at their behaviour!! I'm glad I'm out of there. I just need my final wage.

I see you know good busines practices, they have no idea! I know how devious they can be, I'm concerned they might try to ruin my chances of getting another job by saying I was late all the time or something like that.

All this will help me sell myself even more, wake me up a bit!

All the best
NR

Neptune Rising

I nearly forgot to say, THANKS VERY MUCH to everyone.

I really needed some reality and positivity/encouragement, I was begining to doubt myself. Now I think, no way! They were in the wrong and they know it, I'll just state the facts if the new job asks, thats all I can do.

Everyone's been so helpful, I really appreciate it, makes all the difference to me.

cheers
NR