Ganymed (Homosexual Asteroid) in Taurus

Jadi

In your natal chart, Ganymed indicates an area of life where others are attracted to you, not as an individual, but because of a particular ‘aura’ that they desire. This isn’t envy related and they’re not interested in the entire package of you – they’re just drawn in and want you around them as some sort of trophy achievement. This can relate to appearance, intellect, social skills, social standing, fame – whatever – just something unique about you that they are intensely attracted to. So much so, they want you to become their ‘possession’.
source; http://astrologyclub.org/asteroid-ganymed/

:andy:

AppLeo

The person whom introduced me to Ganymed as a homosexual asteroid lied to me.

I feel very triggered - I will write a Tumblr about how offended I am and how
homophobic this individual is. (I'm being sarcastic.)

That person is lame; don't let that **** get to you. And there's better ways to determine is someone is gay with astrology.

nai

Banned
That person is lame; don't let that **** get to you. And there's better ways to determine is someone is gay with astrology.

I've come to terms that I won't let the stars label my sexuality - I'll just like
whom I like. It seems easier that way. Also, thanks for helping me out!

AppLeo

I've come to terms that I won't let the stars label my sexuality - I'll just like
whom I like. It seems easier that way. Also, thanks for helping me out!

That's a good come to terms thing :lol: And no problem; you have good threads, so I like to help you out.

Agam880

Its difficult to pin point homosexuality in astrology. These traits have been there since time immemorial but somehow either due to its rarity or due to social stigma there has been little research in this area in astrology.

Vedic astrology for instance doesn't consider same sex relations as a possible union. The books always talk in terms of "opposite sex will find you attractive" etc. Even for matching making, one has to define the male and female in the relationship. You could argue that there will always be a Male-Female dynamic in a relationship (not restricted to anatomy or gender preference), still I think this is very skewed.

But I am not willing to grant that one or two cosmic elements can make this significant impact. Its a field of study which should be encouraged.

nai

Banned
Its difficult to pin point homosexuality in astrology. These traits have been there since time immemorial but somehow either due to its rarity or due to social stigma there has been little research in this area in astrology.

Vedic astrology for instance doesn't consider same sex relations as a possible union. The books always talk in terms of "opposite sex will find you attractive" etc. Even for matching making, one has to define the male and female in the relationship. You could argue that there will always be a Male-Female dynamic in a relationship (not restricted to anatomy or gender preference), still I think this is very skewed.

But I am not willing to grant that one or two cosmic elements can make this significant impact. Its a field of study which should be encouraged.

My friend sent me a link, a long time ago, which was an entire website that
explained why homosexuality is wrong in astrology. I didn't invest further
into the topic because at first I was skeptical, then it upset me. But!
There are bad astrologers!

waybread

nai, astrologers are creatures of their time and culture. The context provides lenses through which we see our world. Contexts change, but in a field as old and complex as astrology, it tends to observe hetero-norms. In ancient Greece where horoscopic astrology originated, homosexuality was generally accepted, notably among intellectuals, although one gets the sense that society thought that male-female unions were preferred.

One thing to think about is that unless a horoscope is labeled as belonging to a male or female, the horoscope itself is gender-neutral. You cannot tell which it belongs to. I think this says something about the nature of human incarnation into bodies and personalities. Maybe eventually we will get to a point where people can just be who they want to be so long as they don't hurt anyone.

Kitchy

Banned
There is no astrological basis to one's sexual preference.

Rather than spin wheels on 'what makes someone gay' why not spin wheels on 'how can I find peace in who I am?'

If folks are questioning their sexuality - gender identification - I firmly believe that they can find answers in their chart as to how to find their truth, embrace it and move forward in succession.

THE HUMAN BODY AND PSYCHE is a collection of matter and conscience - and there is nothing but ourselves that stops us from achieving our potential more than looking for answers to questions that have no answer.