Does he only want sex?

kai

Hi guys,

I met a guy yesterday while I was visiting his office for some paperwork with my father. He added me on FB the next day and asked me out the very same day...today. I met someone prior whom I liked around 3 weeks ago and asked about that guy's intentions and was warned that he did like me a lot, but it was sexual in nature, which turned out to be true. So today I felt this guy anted to get it on, but I put up boundaries. I don't sleep on a first date having just met a guy, so there was no way I was going to sleep with him. He told me at the end that had I slept with him, he would most likely not have called me the next day....go figure lol
Anyways, I also felt that he liked me and we have planned a double date with my friend and his relative over the weekend. I made it clear that yes I am interested in sleeping with him, but not until i get to know him and feel comfortable, which he seemed to like. Having said that, I'd love to know if this new guy's intentions are also mainly sex or there's a potential for a relationship. Does it seem that he is really into me? Thanks in advance....last time you guys helped me with the other guy and I didn't waste time on him based on his obvious intentions, so looking to get some advice on this new guy. I usually met guys online, so hopefully this one would be 'normal' since it's my first non-online date. My dad seemed to like him too.

heidy26

Mars is kinda in the 12th house. I think he has some more sexual interest that it is hidden because of what you told him about this subject.
He seems to like you. You are the one who is mainly concerned about your affairs, you don't seem that interested in him.
Moon is void in this chart. Nothing will change for the moment.
The upcoming square to Saturn in the next sign is troubling and it has to do with his hidden agenda related to travelling that will change his social status.
Saturn also rules commitment, father for you. Are you planning to take him to meet your parents [you did mention something about your dad] ?

kai

Mars is kinda in the 12th house. I think he has some more sexual interest that it is hidden because of what you told him about this subject.
He seems to like you. You are the one who is mainly concerned about your affairs, you don't seem that interested in him.
The upcoming square to Saturn in the next sign is troubling and it has to do with his hidden agenda related to travelling that will change his social status.
Saturn also rules commitment, father for you. Are you planning to take him to meet your parents [you did mention something about your dad] ?

What I said was that the first time I met him, my father was with me and he seemed to like him, but when I told my father that the guy spoke of sex on the first date, my dad encouraged me not to bother with him anymore as a friendly male advice lol. I woke up today kind of not that interested in him due to the fact that he was upfront with me about sex although he didn't make it a priority, but it did not make me feel comfortable to be honest that on the first date a guy starts talking about it....it kinda gives me the impression that that's all a guy wants from me. I don't know how other women think in this regard, but I always get that feeling in my gut.

kai

By the way, when you said that mars is in the 12th house kind of, I remembered that another person told me recently regarding a significator being in the 12th that he/she read it as in being in my 1st house because by traditional horary, it is the sign of the ascendant that's counted when determining whether the significator falls in the 12th or the 1st house. So do you practice/interpret modern horary? I looked at my previous chart's significator as being in the 12th house too just like in regular astrology for natal/transit, but when the previous person read it as if it's in my 1st, I inquired as to why is that, so that's how I came to learn that in traditional horary, that is considered as the 1st hose still because the ascendant falls into that specific sign.

roxie

Hi I am only a rookie astrologer and don't know too much about horary (it's all a learning curve though) so I am not even gonna go there, however what I will say is you seem to be a very smart cookie with good self-esteem, you are not going to be taken in by flattery but you're behaving like a class act and putting yourself into a win / win situation.... you are allowing yourself the chance to see where it's heading with this guy, before you put out. So, if it doesn't work out you may feel disappointed but at least you get to walk away with your head held high. It took me half a century to learn that simple lesson! Hope it all goes your way hun

rafaella

Hi guys,

I met a guy yesterday while I was visiting his office for some paperwork with my father. He added me on FB the next day and asked me out the very same day...today. I met someone prior whom I liked around 3 weeks ago and asked about that guy's intentions and was warned that he did like me a lot, but it was sexual in nature, which turned out to be true. So today I felt this guy anted to get it on, but I put up boundaries. I don't sleep on a first date having just met a guy, so there was no way I was going to sleep with him. He told me at the end that had I slept with him, he would most likely not have called me the next day....go figure lol
Anyways, I also felt that he liked me and we have planned a double date with my friend and his relative over the weekend. I made it clear that yes I am interested in sleeping with him, but not until i get to know him and feel comfortable, which he seemed to like. Having said that, I'd love to know if this new guy's intentions are also mainly sex or there's a potential for a relationship. Does it seem that he is really into me? Thanks in advance....last time you guys helped me with the other guy and I didn't waste time on him based on his obvious intentions, so looking to get some advice on this new guy. I usually met guys online, so hopefully this one would be 'normal' since it's my first non-online date. My dad seemed to like him too.

You don't need horary to figure this out. Clues that he is not interested in anything more than getting into your pants:

He already talks about sex on the first date
He told you he wouldn't have called you if you had slept with him

This is evidence enough for you to know he is a player, so move along. I think a good relationship book is what would help you even more, I would suggest you get Steve Harvey's book 'Act like a lady, think like a man'. It will help you figure out men and what their main drive is and how you should act when you start dating men. Believe me, it will save you from a lot of heart ache.

Horary doesn't point to anything good, yes he likes you, as in he is interested in you, but you know how that goes. He will disappear once he gets what he wants. With Sun just separating from Mercury, he probably already has sexual partners, and you would just be one of many.

Please don't fall for his sweet talks. Be sceptical and observant.

best wishes!

IleneK

Premium Member
By the way, when you said that mars is in the 12th house kind of, I remembered that another person told me recently regarding a significator being in the 12th that he/she read it as in being in my 1st house because by traditional horary, it is the sign of the ascendant that's counted when determining whether the significator falls in the 12th or the 1st house. So do you practice/interpret modern horary? I looked at my previous chart's significator as being in the 12th house too just like in regular astrology for natal/transit, but when the previous person read it as if it's in my 1st, I inquired as to why is that, so that's how I came to learn that in traditional horary, that is considered as the 1st hose still because the ascendant falls into that specific sign.

Hi,

I'm the one who likes to practice traditionally by using place/sign rather than house. So we look at the whole signs/places. And when we look at it that way, we would say he has interest in you, with his significator in your house.

But looking further into the delineation, by essential dignity he/Mars is in his detriment, so clearly not at his best. Importantly, by reception, you/Venus receive him well, but he receives you poorly. Finally, your significators are separating, so this is not favorable for a relationship.

Moon's next aspect, as indicator of the question's unfolding, is an unfavorable square to malefic Saturn. So really this does not appear encouraging at all to me.

Last edited:

kai

Thanks guys for the encouraging comments :))
I had mentioned before that I started dating after a long period of having no personal life at all, so for me it feels like I'm a newly teenager just starting to enter the dating world all over again. But the last 4 men whom I met the past couple of months were a great learning experience for me, so it's due to these experiences that you learn stuff. There's another guy whom I'm going to meet up in the next couple of days, so hopefully that one is worth my time. He did mention that he is ready for more than sex in his life as he's 39 years old (though has a kid). last night, the guy picked me up in a Porsche and I think he just assumed that any woman would fall for him and ran to a hotel with him over his brand new car, but I so don't even care about that as I drive a BMW myself, so it's not like I will be judging a guy based on his car. Plus, such men seem too cocky thinking that if they've got a nice ride, then that's going to be a chick magnet for them! I am materialistic myself (to some extent and only when it comes to clothing), but would never judge a guy based on what's he is riding in. He told me story how he was going to go out with a girl before on a blind date, and before he even picked her up, she asked him what he was driving and that unless he was picking her up in a BMW or a Benz, he shouldn't even bother meeting her, so I understand why he would feel so comfortable with his Porsche. He actually called me while I am typing this, but I didn't pick up. Again, thanks for your input guys. If the other guy that I'm due to meet up with in the next few days is the same type, then I'll take a little break from dating from now on. :))

jollyzal

Banned
Thanks guys for the encouraging comments :))
I had mentioned before that I started dating after a long period of having no personal life at all, so for me it feels like I'm a newly teenager just starting to enter the dating world all over again. But the last 4 men whom I met the past couple of months were a great learning experience for me, so it's due to these experiences that you learn stuff. There's another guy whom I'm going to meet up in the next couple of days, so hopefully that one is worth my time. He did mention that he is ready for more than sex in his life as he's 39 years old (though has a kid). last night, the guy picked me up in a Porsche and I think he just assumed that any woman would fall for him and ran to a hotel with him over his brand new car, but I so don't even care about that as I drive a BMW myself, so it's not like I will be judging a guy based on his car. Plus, such men seem too cocky thinking that if they've got a nice ride, then that's going to be a chick magnet for them! I am materialistic myself (to some extent and only when it comes to clothing), but would never judge a guy based on what's he is riding in. He told me story how he was going to go out with a girl before on a blind date, and before he even picked her up, she asked him what he was driving and that unless he was picking her up in a BMW or a Benz, he shouldn't even bother meeting her, so I understand why he would feel so comfortable with his Porsche. He actually called me while I am typing this, but I didn't pick up. Again, thanks for your input guys. If the other guy that I'm due to meet up with in the next few days is the same type, then I'll take a little break from dating from now on. :))

Meh, sex isn't that sexy.

heidy26

What I said was that the first time I met him, my father was with me and he seemed to like him, but when I told my father that the guy spoke of sex on the first date, my dad encouraged me not to bother with him anymore as a friendly male advice lol. I woke up today kind of not that interested in him due to the fact that he was upfront with me about sex although he didn't make it a priority, but it did not make me feel comfortable to be honest that on the first date a guy starts talking about it....it kinda gives me the impression that that's all a guy wants from me. I don't know how other women think in this regard, but I always get that feeling in my gut.

So that's the square to Saturn. I also thought about you taking him to your house and having problems about that.
But that already happened with your father [4th house]. Since you did not mention that, I assumed it will.

heidy26

I interpret placements mainly by house, but signs can reveal a lot of things too.
Usually, a ruler in the 12th house is descriptive of what's hidden and many charts were accurate using this delineation, even if the planet was in the ascendant sign.
I can't say there is a formula for doing that, but from my point of view, indeed, he is hiding that some more sexual interest he has in you.

kai

I interpret placements mainly by house, but signs can reveal a lot of things too.
Usually, a ruler in the 12th house is descriptive of what's hidden and many charts were accurate using this delineation, even if the planet was in the ascendant sign.
I can't say there is a formula for doing that, but from my point of view, indeed, he is hiding that some more sexual interest he has in you.

Thank you for this explanation as it's very helpful in understanding horary.