Leo - SUN
Virgo - MERCURY
Libra - VENUS
Scorpio - PLUTO
Sagittarius - JUPITER
Capricorn - SATURN
Aquarius - URANUS
Pisces - NEPTUNE

Whatever sign is on the cusp of the house is the sign. Look above to find the ruler. Venus does not rule all those houses in your chart.

And besides that, house rulerships don't have meanings by themselves that translate into anything significant.

Do you have a question about your chart?

One girl told me that it rules this houses. Then which houses is ruling venus?

greybeard

Houses do not rule planets. Planets rule signs, and a sign ruled by a particular planet appears on the cusp of some house. The planet that rules the sign on the cusp of a house is lord of that house, its ruler. The ruler of a house has dominion over the affairs of the house and of any planets found within the boundaries of the sign it rules. Whether the ruler operates for good or evil depends on its conditioning, for which there are many measurements.

A planet in a house operates most strongly there because directly, although its behavior is determined by its ruler, even though indirect.

I can't see "Imgur" charts. Based on comments, your Venus is in Capricorn 8th (ruler:Saturn), with Libra on cusp 6th. Apparently Taurus-Scorpio is intercepted 12-6. So Venus is ruler of 6th from 8th, and co-ruler 12, with Mars as primary ruler.

Rather than "ruler", we might say that the planet ruling the sign on a cusp "disposes" that house and whatever it contains.

Houses are fixed in relation to Earth. They are earth-bound, or mundane, and symbolize "surrounding circumstances".

Last edited:

Silvia

Houses do not rule planets. Planets rule signs, and a sign ruled by a particular planet appears on the cusp of some house. The planet that rules the sign on the cusp of a house is lord of that house, its ruler. The ruler of a house has dominion over the affairs of the house and of any planets found within the boundaries of the sign it rules. Whether the ruler operates for good or evil depends on its conditioning, for which there are many measurements.

A planet in a house operates most strongly there because directly, although its behavior is determined by its ruler, even though indirect.

I can't see "Imgur" charts. Based on comments, your Venus is in Capricorn 8th (ruler:Saturn), with Libra on cusp 6th. Apparently Taurus-Scorpio is intercepted 12-6. So Venus is ruler of 6th from 8th, and co-ruler 12, with Mars as primary ruler.

Rather than "ruler", we might say that the planet ruling the sign on a cusp "disposes" that house and whatever it contains.

Houses are fixed in relation to Earth. They are earth-bound, or mundane, and symbolize "surrounding circumstances".

That info helps me a lot to understand this topic. Thank you.

greybeard

Yup.

Rulership is very important.

It can produce such things as a Sole, or Final, Dispositor. Final Dispositors dispose the entire chart and bend it toward its ends. Both Bruce Lee and Martin Luther (the 16th century priest) had Mars in Scorpio as final dispositor; both were fundamentally warriors. And as the expression of Scorpio, both men were deeply concerned with purification.

Besides the natural rulerships, there are also accidental rulerships. In your chart Venus accidentally rules the 6th because of the orientation of Earth to Heavens. So Venus is lady of the 6th, and her condition has a lot to say about how affairs held by the 6th will work out.

So not only do you need to master the ideas involved in rulerships and how to use them, but you will want to learn to appraise the condition of a planet.

There are many measures of condition. Mostly they gauge Quantity (strength of influence) or Quality (whether the planet tends to work favorably or unfavorably).

Last edited:

greybeard

Ruler. Lord or Lady. Dispositor.

Try following rulership chains. The only way to learn to read charts is to read charts.

I suggest using the seven planets of antiquity as sign rulers. It preserves the symmetry.

Last edited:

three M symbols

Yes, I tried rulership chain. It's Very interesting
I have a lot of planet in domicile

Usually I don't use Uranus, Neptune, Pluto as sign rulers.. But I have a question

My Pluto is in domicile sign (Scorpio). Should I consider that Mars in Scorpio is the dispositor of Pluto? Or Pluto as the "dispositor of himself"?
(same kind of problem with Uranus in Capricorn / but my Saturn isn't in a domicile sign.)

Last edited:

Silvia

Yup.

Rulership is very important.

It can produce such things as a Sole, or Final, Dispositor. Final Dispositors dispose the entire chart and bend it toward its ends. Both Bruce Lee and Martin Luther (the 16th century priest) had Mars in Scorpio as final dispositor; both were fundamentally warriors. And as the expression of Scorpio, both men were deeply concerned with purification.

Besides the natural rulerships, there are also accidental rulerships. In your chart Venus accidentally rules the 6th because of the orientation of Earth to Heavens. So Venus is lady of the 6th, and her condition has a lot to say about how affairs held by the 6th will work out.

So not only do you need to master the ideas involved in rulerships and how to use them, but you will want to learn to appraise the condition of a planet.

There are many measures of condition. Mostly they gauge Quantity (strength of influence) or Quality (whether the planet tends to work favorably or unfavorably).
Can you tell me my final Dispositor?

greybeard

I can't see your chart.
Most charts don't have a final dispositor. A planet must be in a sign it rules in order to be final dispositor; it cannot be disposed by any other planet.

greybeard

Pluto in Scorpio, problematic.
I am rather flexible; I try to let the chart talk to me, guide me.

Look at Bobby Fisher's chart. In his chart do you give rulership of Aquarius to Saturn or to Uranus? Why?

Astrology will fit itself to your own mind. The important thing is consistency, discipline, logic.

Mars in Scorpio, Pluto in Scorpio...Chelsea Manning, an excellent chart for study of rulership. Mars and Pluto in Scorpio (I put them 12th, uncertain birth time) with Moon almost certainly besieged. Mars rules Jupiter (who acts strongly in the life) who disposes everything else.

Mars is final dispositor. But everything is channeled through Jupiter -- he is the Viceroy, or prime minister.

You can take the sex change (transformation). Very Plutonian...or Scorpionic.

Anyway, personal practice , I hold to the Chaldean rulerships unless the chart points strongly to the alternate. And how do you use rulerships?

Last edited:

three M symbols

In your chart, we can't see Neptune Uranus and Pluto.

But the final dispositor is Jupiter in Pisces.
There is no other planet in a domicile (And no mutual receptions)

three M symbols

I don't really know his story, but in Bobby Fisher's chart, I'll give the rulership of Aquarius to both.
(I always use personal planets as rulers, and Uranus-Neptune-Pluto as co-rulers sometimes). But I guess that Uranus fits better with Gemini than Saturn, even if Saturn is the ruler of Aquarius for me.

The chart of Chelsea Manning is very interesting.
I think like you said that this conjunction Mars-Moon-Pluto is in 12th house. Her biography shows a lot of 12th house placement features. (prison, secret work, alcoholic family, etc..)
And this quadruple conjunction (Uranus, Sun, Saturn, Mercury) is very obvious too, as a part of her story.
I don't associate "sex change" as only plutonic or scorpio. But also with Uranus - the rebellion planet (that conjunct sun, (sun represent males), and saturn (responsability/restrictions of being a male). And Mercury (be able or not to communicate like she want through her identity)

Last edited:

greybeard

Uranus is part of the key partile grand trine in Air. The whole pattern of the chart is defined by this trine. Uranus is active.

Saturn is not. He separates, retires from activity.

helike13

With the final depositor do you start at the ascendant planets and work from there?

Look at the signs where the planets are placed. The sign ruler is their dispositor. It's like a command chain. You can start with any planet, you'll end up to the final dispositor if you follow the line.

Just look at the chart of Bruce Lee. He has a Saggy Sun -> Jupiter in Taurus -> Venus in Scorpio.

Any planets you look at, you'll end up in Scorpio. He has domicile Mars in Scorpio, so it's the final dispositor of his chart.

I also have Mars in Scorpio but I have Mercury in Taurus and Venus in Gemini. They are in mutual reception. That's why I'm rather soft and intellectual than a Kung Fu master like Bruce Lee :)