Chiron oppositions

know

Hi,
I would like to know about chiron oppositions in natal chart. My retrograde chiron is conjunct my MC (6 degree LEO) and is opposing my aquarius stellium in my fourth house. My aquarius stellium is moon, mercury, saturn and sun in the ascending order degree. My MC ruler Sun is in my fourth house conjunct saturn and opposed by chiron Rx on my MC. I am quite unsure about my profession. I chose academics earlier but now I want to go into social services. A little light on my career would immensely help me.

[please attach a chart or a link to a chart on a chart linking site - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:

waybread

Welcome to the forum.

And yes, a chart would be helpful. For one thing, there will be a bunch of other stuff going on, possibly some of it interacting with the chart placements you mention.

know

Hi,
Thank you for the reply and the welcome message. I have attached my chart here. Right now there are lot of confusions and uncertainities in my life regarding career. You had replied to my post mentioning that there might be other placements in the chart. Actually my aquarius stellium is squared by pluto in my first house and opposed by chiron Rx from my MC. I fail miserably in time manangement, I plan but I cannot work the plans for my career. Earlier I had chosen academics as my career and I was doing research in literature. But I couldnt complete my research. It was not challenging enough for me and I couldnt sustain my interest. So I chose to prepare for competitive exams (Public services). Preparing for my exams is challenging and interesting for me, but so many confusions and uncertainities are blocking me right now.
A little help on my career path would be really helpful for me

Attachments

• NATAL CHART.jpg
    NATAL CHART.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 31

waybread

Actually, I don't think the Chiron opposition is the big news in your chart. A lot of astrologers still don't take it seriously.

What you have is a tight "bundle" chart pattern, with most of your planets packed into just two signs: Capricorn and Aquarius.

https://www.astro.com/astrology/in_jonespatterns_e.htm

This gives Saturn an unusual amount of power in your life. Saturn rules Capricorn and is the traditional ruler of Aquarius. (Which Uranus as its modern ruler.)

It also means that most of your planets are in just two houses-- the 3rd and the 4th. The third house deals with siblings, neighbors, short-distance travel, as well as your thinking and communicating style. The 4th house symbolizes your home, early childhood conditioning, ancestry, and patrimony. Traditionally it rules the father, but some astrologers think the mother is a better fit.

An emphasis in Capricorn and Aquarius is good for science and engineering.

Normally we would think of your "bundle" of planets having their outlet in Jupiter, like the "handle" on a bucket. It is a major planet, vs. Chiron which seems to be a cross between a comet and an asteroid. Normally Jupiter making such nice trines to your Capricorn planets is really beneficial. Jupiter is in the 11th house, which deals with your friends and associates (such as colleagues from work or members of an association.) The 11th also rules hopes and wishes for the future.

I think Chiron has real interpretive vale, although I wouldn't give it the same weight as a regular planet. It shows our emotional or even physical wounds that don't heal. But if we stay open to them, Chiron shows how we gain in wisdom and compassion.

For example, suppose as a woman you chose to pursue an engineering career in a very male-oriented field, where you didn't get much encouragement. This lack of support would be very hurtful. But if you stayed in your career and determined not to feel bitter about it, you could be really beneficial and helpful to the women who came after you.

The danger is that, with Chiron opposing you moon, Mercury, and Saturn, (feelings, thoughts, and disappointments, respectively) you might indeed feel (moon) bitter (Saturn) about the lack of support for your career. Chiron can be hurtful but it also challenges us to be receptive and philosophical about those hurts.

Chiron also squares your ascendant. You may feel badly about your appearance. Probably your appearance is fine, and the lesson of Chiron is to learn to be compassionate with yourself.

Can you say more about social services? Do you really like dealing with other people's problems that much? With your 4th house emphasis, you may feel most comfortable working from from.

I don't get an interest in literature from your chart. I think you show more promise in journalism, notably investigative reporting. Have you thought about studying history? I think you'd do well with the history of science and technology. Possibly architecture.

Last edited:

know

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. As you have pointed out Saturn has an unusual amount of power in my chart. Since Saturn is my North nodic ruler I find it difficult to behave like a Saturn-Pluto dominant person. Pluto is squaring my aquarius planets and it sextiles my capricorn planets.
About social services, I feel my real calling is in service to society. I thought the reason might be Jupiter in 11th house and heavy aquarius stellium. So I have started my preparation for my country's Public Service examinations. During my PhD years, I lost interest mid way because my supervisor wanted me to work in a certain way and I did not want to follow somebody else's footsteps. Somewhere I did not own my research(May be south node in 9th house I guess).
Being with friends, listening to problem of others and helping them out brings satisfaction to me. May be because my mercury is conjunct my IC. Friends always play a major role in my life.
You are very right in pointing out my interest in history. Always I have been attracted to history. Now for my public service exam preparation I have chosen history as a major subject.
Right now my whole life is hazy. I have switched career and dont know whether I will get through the exam this year. But I want to give my best shot to my exams and see what happens.