John Denver's Career and Death using Zodiacal Releasing

zoidsoft

I just published a youtube video on this technique which goes into the trigon lords, and conditions of when to swap fortune and spirit according to Valens:

http://youtu.be/9znwFxotTsg

Comments are welcome...

Konrad

Account Closed
His is an interesting case for sure, Curtis. On the subject of reversing the Lot's formula, have you looked into Serapio's advice on this matter as found in his 'Definitions'? I can link you to it if you have not seen it.

zoidsoft

While it's interesting to factor in such things as orientality and occidentality, sectlight reversal conditions, etc, in practice I try to find out if the person is left handed or ambidextrous.

Konrad

Account Closed
While it's interesting to factor in such things as orientality and occidentality, sectlight reversal conditions, etc, in practice I try to find out if the person is left handed or ambidextrous.

Right ok, but without some sort of a priori reasoning aren't we in danger of just moulding our interpretation of specific techniques to fit whomever sits in front of us at the time? Saying that, I understand that I may be trying to impose restrictions onto something that I should not and cannot here. The Lots of Fortune and Spirit are so out-there anyway, I guess that personally I'd feel more comfortable having some sort of knowable foundation with which to use them.

Can you expand upon your last comment about being left-handed or ambidextrous?

zoidsoft

We're always in danger of a priori reasoning with the rare exception due to the fact that there is precious little objectivity. For instance, death is fairly objective, but fame isn't (how famous is famous enough?). The other reason we are always in danger of this is because we aren't working with a full set of tools (most of them burned down in the library of Alexandria).

As for ambidexterity, these seem to be the same people who have swapping lots. Obama for instance is left handed and his lots swap. In my practice I've observed this in my clients.

Konrad

Account Closed
We're always in danger of a priori reasoning with the rare exception due to the fact that there is precious little objectivity. For instance, death is fairly objective, but fame isn't (how famous is famous enough?). The other reason we are always in danger of this is because we aren't working with a full set of tools (most of them burned down in the library of Alexandria).

As for ambidexterity, these seem to be the same people who have swapping lots. Obama for instance is left handed and his lots swap. In my practice I've observed this in my clients.

Ah ok, there is a lesson for me in this, I think; I thought you were talking metaphorically with your comments on left-handedness! From those close to me whose charts I have and whose lots swap, your observation is repeated.

I accept your point about the lack of a full toolbox. I often wonder too whether astrology itself is limited in exactly what it can and can't say of someone's life. Perhaps there are just some things we are not meant to know? It reminds me of a technique in Indian astrology which tells the astrologer whether or not the native will know the time of their own death. If not, then the astrologer would not even attempt to predict it!

zoidsoft

Valens says something very similar to your idea of not knowing everything. He says that some charts are more "chrematistikos" (busy or telling) than others. In other words sometimes the chart doesn't know. Schmidt had theorized that in such cases where a given place has neither the domicile or exaltation lord witnessing the place that a solar return might decide the issue later (through profections). There are certain things that the chart wants to talk about and there are other things that aren't said. There is also this idea that the chart will tell you how to read it.

Oddity

Curiouser and curiouser. I was playing with this technique last night, and I'm a switchy lefty myself. It occurred to me that someone else I'd done a chart for with switched lots was also a lefty. Not that a sample size of two is anything to go on, but I was mildly intrigued, logged on here and saw your conversation.

Now I need to track down some more chart owners - this looks like it could be an interesting quirk.

zoidsoft

In principle, if we take seriously the concept of sect and predomination, it makes sense that the dichotomies in nature should reflect it. Good vs Evil, left brain vs right brain, left eye vs right eye, etc... all have a struggle for dominance and usually one wins out. The platonic principle of the Dyad is what leads to these manifestations in the world. The lack of Sameness causes inequality.