Lucifer in Astrology

dioskouris

Account Closed
Something clicked to me: Lucifer is called "The Morning Star" in the bible. The morning star in astrology is venus. Then I thought about how these two relate - venus is the planet of desire, perhaps selfish desire... it wants to be pleased and to be pampered. It's also related to music, and to beauty. All these are Luciferian in quality. Currently I'm trying to find some reliable readings on this. If anyone has any feel free to share, I'll share what I can find. I find it interesting. Especially since I realise that people who have "too much venus" in their charts tend to be charming and rather musical (in their voice, they don't have to sing) but at the same time very selfish.

I'm also considering the "fall of Lucifer". I'm not sure if it's the fall of venus itself (in virgo, not sure what that would mean), or perhaps the exile of Lucifer's negative obsessive qualities into it's opposite world (planet), pluto.

JUPITERASC

Something clicked to me: Lucifer is called "The Morning Star" in the bible. The morning star in astrology is venus. Then I thought about how these two relate - venus is the planet of desire, perhaps selfish desire... it wants to be pleased and to be pampered. It's also related to music, and to beauty. All these are Luciferian in quality. Currently I'm trying to find some reliable readings on this. If anyone has any feel free to share, I'll share what I can find. I find it interesting. Especially since I realise that people who have "too much venus" in their charts tend to be charming and rather musical (in their voice, they don't have to sing) but at the same time very selfish.

I'm also considering the "fall of Lucifer". I'm not sure if it's the fall of venus itself (in virgo, not sure what that would mean), or perhaps the exile of Lucifer's negative obsessive qualities into it's opposite world (planet), pluto
Interestingly, dioskouris, some say that since the Old Testament was written primarily in Hebrew, so then the exact word 'Lucifer' could not have been in their language.

Lucifer is from Latin "Lucis Ferre" meaning “Light Bringer” which is the name given to Venus as Morning Star.

In Revelation 22:16; Jesus identifies Himself as the morning star

Some say that the entire Bible is simply an astrological text book :smile:

dioskouris

Account Closed
Yes I've heard that the Bible is just an astrology book. In fact, sometimes I can't help but think of the Bible as such. For example, I read somewhere that the "Wise Men" were actually a group of stars that when aligned on the 25th od December would point to the spot on the horizon where the sun (read: Son) would rise. Also, a deeper meaning would arise since the sun (son) would have been 'dead' for 3 days (3 darkest days of the year). But this was long ago I read it.

Another interesting thing are the ages. We're now entering the age of aquarius. Before that was the age of pisces: the fish, the sign of Christianity, that began roughly 2000 years ago. And if you see the relation - many of Jesus' disciples were fishermen; he multiplied fishes to feed the masses; helped catch fish; walked on water; saved one of his disciples from drowning; commanded the waves to be still in the storm; turned water into wine (the favourite substance of Pisces ;); etc etc.

Then the age before that was aries. Fire, cardinal: Moses was a strong leader; burning bush; pillars of fire and smoke; 10 commandments (you'd expect an Aries to give "commandments") burnt into stone; blowing the ram's horn; Moses being angry at Hebrews worshipping the golden bull (they just left that age: taurus). Etc.

It's very interesting.

JUPITERASC

Yes I've heard that the Bible is just an astrology book. In fact, sometimes I can't help but think of the Bible as such. For example, I read somewhere that the "Wise Men" were actually a group of stars that when aligned on the 25th od December would point to the spot on the horizon where the sun (read: Son) would rise. Also, a deeper meaning would arise since the sun (son) would have been 'dead' for 3 days (3 darkest days of the year). But this was long ago I read it.

Another interesting thing are the ages. We're now entering the age of aquarius. Before that was the age of pisces: the fish, the sign of Christianity, that began roughly 2000 years ago. And if you see the relation - many of Jesus' disciples were fishermen; he multiplied fishes to feed the masses; helped catch fish; walked on water; saved one of his disciples from drowning; commanded the waves to be still in the storm; turned water into wine (the favourite substance of Pisces ;); etc etc.

Then the age before that was aries. Fire, cardinal: Moses was a strong leader; burning bush; pillars of fire and smoke; 10 commandments (you'd expect an Aries to give "commandments") burnt into stone; blowing the ram's horn; Moses being angry at Hebrews worshipping the golden bull (they just left that age: taurus). Etc.

It's very interesting.
There are all kinds of intriguing theories out there on the signs of the zodiac, the Magi, Jesus disciples and so on such as this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCPaszQpXjE

The original version has been circulating for six years http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJaV-IuYHeA

It's been updated - however, it's worth watching the later updates as well :smile:

waybread

It is interesting that in traditional astrology, a feminine planet like Venus preceding (oriental) to the sun was not considered well-positioned, nor was a male planet (like Mars) following the sun. The "ladies" were considered better in a chart following the sun, like the king with his retinue, whereas masculine planets ahead of the sun were interpreted as spear carriers.

Venus has a long history in astrology of the Near East preceding the Bible. Before she was the Roman goddess Venus, she was Inanna, Ishtar, Isis, and Aphrodite. The Bible also warns the Jews against worshipping "the Queen of Heaven." I don't think her identity is completely certain, but she was probably Ishtar. This identification may have been enough for the prophets to warn the Jews against Venus.

The association of any astronomical Lucifer with the devil/Satan seems to be post-biblical. Isaiah 14:12, the one biblical reference to Lucifer that I am aware of, seems to compare the king of Babylon to a planet (Venus?) that seems very noble and powerful in the sky, yet which eventually sets in the West. Here is the passage, King James version:

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

waybread

dioskouris, the Bible is hardly "just an astrology book," (it has a code of ethics, for one thing,) yet a lot of non-horoscopic astrology (or cultural astronomy) is embedded in it. Notably in Revelation, where the different figures easily translate into constellations. The book seems to indicate the debate between the spring equinox in Pisces vs. Aries, concluding with retaining Aries.

The reference to the fall of the King of Babylon in Isaiah 14 occurs a bit back, in verse 3. This is a common OT theme, with various metaphors used, of "pride goeth before a fall."

I just checked my Hebrew-English interlinear translation, and there is no "Lucifer" in it. Rather, the "light bringer" is probably translated as the "son of dawn," (ben sahar--gutteral h.) Both of these metaphors could easily apply to the morning star.

For a different emphasis in Is. 14:12, see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucifer where the word for star might be "shining one."

Jesus in Revelation identifying himself as the morning star is interesting, given that the planet Venus is associated with love and relationships, as is the message of the NT. Venus is not all laziness and luxury, by any means.

BTW, another planet can be the morning star. Mercury is often too close to the sun to be visible, however, and the other planets would be visible and oriental to the sun much less frequently than Venus.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Some esotericists have connected Jesus with Mercury: eg, "I am the first and the last" (Mercury, a foundational planet in astrology, which describes a hexagram in its risings and settings, repeated every year, is the "first" planet out from the Sun, and the "last" planet on the way into the Sun); ..."no one comes to the Father except through me" (nothing from beyond Mercury's orbit can come into the Sun except by crossing the path of Mercury's orbit)...several other such symbolic analogies are to be found both in the orthodox and the apocryphal (not to mention gnostic!) Christian literature of the early Christian era...

waybread

Interesting, Dr. Farr! I associate that verse with Jesus as Zoe, the life principle; compared to the individual person as bios.

Neptune Rising

Very interesting, I learned about this a few years ago, it makes so much more sense to me than the actual English Bible does.

The Tanakh was mainly written in Biblical Hebrew, with some portions in Biblical Aramaic. From the 9th century to the 15th century, Jewish scholars, today known as Masoretes, compared the text of all known biblical manuscripts in an effort to create a unified, standardized text...... The Masoretes also added vowel points to the text, since the original text only contained consonant letters. This sometimes required the selection of an interpretation — their meaning can vary in accordance with the vowels chosen.

The New Testament was written in Koine Greek....

Does this explain why the old day Royals used to employ astrologers and such like to help them plan their battles? The influence they could hold when being guided by the stars, could give them incredible power to 'get ahead'. Is why that those messages are shrouded in today's versions of the bible, unless you happen to understand the language of astrology?

Culpeper

Premium Member
Lucifer the light bringer as it appears in the Jewish Bible is believed to refer to the planet Venus as the morning star. The passage is about the king of Babylon. The writing there is very poetic, and as with poetry in general it is not literal.

In the late classical age the church turned the Jewish Bible into the Old Testament. As part of their scare tactics they invented Satan. Then Lucifer became Satan as part of their reinterpretation of the Jewish texts.

The church also suppressed astrology so Lucifer = Satan = Venus works well for that. Thus we see the demonizing of Venus as a negative Christian influence on astrology. But make no mistake, in real astrology Venus is a benefic. If it is very strong in a natal horoscope, it is very helpful and does not harm the native or indicate vice.

dr. farr

Here's one esoteric speculation I came across: there is a biblical passage, "...and I saw Lucifer fall like a stone from heaven..." The speculation I refer to is that this referred to a large asteroid, in orbit around the Earth between Earth and the Moon, possibly for thousands of years; the "fall like a stone from heaven" supposedly recounts this asteroid finally crashing into the Earth, causing the end of the (allegedly advanced) pre-historic civilization of that time (later mythologized as "Atlantis")

Interesting, but of course nothing more than one (of many) speculations regarding these matters...

Venus1111

Lucifer is such an interesting name, because, as JA said, it means "light bearer". Thus it is more of a nickname for, indeed, Satan, Jesus, and Venus. I have often thought of them as the light triad. I also sometimes imagine them syncretized in one or more ways. I imagine lots of gods and energies syncretized in various ways, especially since we are all One- I mean, look at all those names for Venus we have, too. Each a separate entity in her own right, but also they can all be seen as the same.

Cut down the poles of Asherah, wife of God... silly patriarch-centric scribes.

Incidentally, there is an asteroid, Lucifer- 1930. S/he is sitting up there all lonely in my ninth house, in Cancer.

Oniket Vivlioflos

I'm also considering the "fall of Lucifer". I'm not sure if it's the fall of venus itself (in virgo, not sure what that would mean), or perhaps the exile of Lucifer's negative obsessive qualities into it's opposite world (planet), pluto.

Of-topic "
: if you're interested, READ

In Hinduism( tracing it's origins before Abrahamic religions) and in Sanskrit , the planet Venus is called Shukra. Named after a sage. He is described as exceedingly handsome. Shukra is called Shukracharya i.e. Shukra (His name) + 'Acharya '( Sanskrit of teacher ) = Shukracharya ( Shukra the teacher) . So , in Hinduism he's a learned sage as well as a teacher. But, He isn't a teacher of the Gods ( devas ) but He is the teacher of the Asuras ( Hindu views Asuras as evils ) . So long story short, He is the teacher of the 'evil' beings.
He is the step-brother of Goddess Lakshmi ( embodiment of wealth, beauty , glamor, prosperity, love, peace , sweets ) . She resembles Aphrodite by the domains She rules. Shukracharya is a loving teacher who roots for His asura students even telling them to do good things but they're evil in nature. He is devout and extremely loyal disciple of Hindu God Shiv ( yup, the one with long hair and trident with snakes) . Shukracharya knows the Mritasanjivani mantra or the spells that can make any corpse or dead being alive again no matter in what state the dead remains are . He learned that from Lord Shiv.

His direct enemy is Brihaspati
( Sanskrit name of Jupiter ) . He is the guru of the Gods in Heaven.

Asuras are said to be living in the Underworld and is said to be rich because Devi Lakshmi trace Her origins from the Underworld.

So, lots and lots of metaphors here.

But, in one sentence Shukracharya or Shukra or Venus is seen as a villainous figure by Hindus because of His associations with the Asuras .

Friday is called Shukravar . A day dedicated to Shukra .
All Indian films including the Hollywood ones are scheduled to be released on this particular day because yup, Friday is considered lucky in India. Most Hindus associate Shukravar/ Friday and the Venus with Goddess Lakshmi
( embodiment of glamor and prosperity ! )

So yup, another tracing of Venus to a goddess . Bingo! seashells and anything marine like conch shells are considered sacred to Lakshmi because She is said to be coming from the depth of the Sea , similar to Aphrodite ).

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

Current living in Kingman, Arizona on a street called Rising Sun Ave. He really gets off on associating himself with the Sun.

21sn95.jpg

Of course the State flag AZ is:

Flag_of_Arizona.svg

geWJGGwcw1wJAAAAABJRU5ErkJggg==

Oniket Vivlioflos

Lucifer is such an interesting name, because, as JA said, it means "light bearer". Thus it is more of a nickname for, indeed, Satan, Jesus, and Venus. I have often thought of them as the light triad. I also sometimes imagine them syncretized in one or more ways. I imagine lots of gods and energies syncretized in various ways, especially since we are all One- I mean, look at all those names for Venus we have, too. Each a separate entity in her own right, but also they can all be seen as the same.

Cut down the poles of Asherah, wife of God... silly patriarch-centric scribes.

Incidentally, there is an asteroid, Lucifer- 1930. S/he is sitting up there all lonely in my ninth house, in Cancer.

How to know what asteroid is in my natal chart ?
I've North Node in Cancer and Cancer Moon and MC.
If I text you my birth details as private message can you find mine too?
or which website you use?

roz

Here's a bit from "Satanic Feminism: Lucifer as the Liberator of Woman in Nineteenth-Century Culture":

"The fondness for dissolving gender categories also extended beyond
Blavatsky herself, to other members’ reimaginings of mythical figures.
In the October 1887 issue of Lucifer, Gerald Massey contributed a
poem titled ‘The Lady of Light’, where he implores: ‘Illumine within, as
without, us, / Lucifer, Lady of Light!’ And further:

With the flame of thy radiance smite
The clouds that are veiling the vision
Of Woman’s millennial mission,
Lucifer, Lady of Light!’

In a footnote, he explains that ‘every god and goddess of the ancient
pantheons is androgynous’ and that ‘our Lucifer’ is identical with
Venus, Istar, and Astoreth
. Linking this androgynous/female Lucifer to
traditionally ‘evil’ biblical symbols, he ascertains she is the star